IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chillme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone know where you can get a decent version of the game rules map that is in the manual to print larger?

There's this one http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf

I can blow it up large and it stays clear.

1 month later
#7053 3 years ago

My CE showed up today. First NIB pin, so I took my time unpacking and setting it up. Enjoying the whole process and taking it all in.

I have a small tear on the left side art blade. For something like this do I just open a ticket directly with JJP or contact the distributor?
It did come with side protectors for the art blades, which I used before raising the playfield. The left side ramp is really tight against the side.

Wife and I played it for a couple of hours tonight, totally enjoying it. There's a lot going on.

IMG_1655 (resized).jpegIMG_1655 (resized).jpegIMG_1665 (resized).jpgIMG_1665 (resized).jpgIMG_1668 (resized).jpgIMG_1668 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Yep, and agreed...still a long boot.

Compared to my MMr the boot is actually quick. It's all relative

2 weeks later
#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from Figment:

Hi everyone, just dropping in to say hello as I placed my order for a CE today!! Now the waiting game for delivery, but should be within the next 2 weeks. Feel like I won a Golden Ticket as the Mrs is as excited as I am and she approved the purchase!!
I’ve read all 147 pages over the past few weeks and definitely have a lot to learn. This is my first NIB so I likely will be back with “dumb” questions, but I’ll try searching the forums first.
Of course, overwhelmed by the various mods I’ve seen....
Johnathon

We bought our CE at the beginning of the month and have been enjoying it everyday. Wife has even sneaked off several times to play a game, she's never did that before in the last 28 years of having pins. It's really a love hate relationship with this game, it kicks your a$$ and you just keep going back for more

#7376 3 years ago

I bought from cointaker, my CE shipped direct from JJP the beginning of Jan via fedex.

2 weeks later
#7582 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you share how the Hell you got that black plug out? I'm guessing drill is the option but hoped there was an easier way. Looks good!

A method was mentioned a few pages back that I used to remove mine. From the underside of the playfield, use a drill bit, with a hammer, drive it up. The plug moved up enough that I could pull it out. Ended up being easy and no damage to the playfield.

1 week later
#7840 3 years ago

Upgraded our CE to 1.34. I'm glad I listened to LTG advice and made a backup of settings before hand. Installed wiped the settings and scores. It would have been a rough weekend if my wife's grand champion score had gotten wiped out. Restore worked perfect.

#8009 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Isn’t this the same Wi-Fi dongle for a cheaper price?
amazon.com link »

Yes, that’s the one I bought and installed on Saturday, works great;

#8010 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So nobody have had any coils burn or transistor smoke from this update.the few that had this happen after the update have not updated us!

Not sure where you are hearing of a few. I saw one person in this thread post of an issue. It would not be related to the update. Now, if the machine was getting bricked that would be something different and caused by the update.

#8105 3 years ago

Mine has been fine also, we play it daily.

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yeah I just tried the 1.34 to 1.35 delta upgrade using three different usb drives. They all failed. I unzipped the folders so they were in the drive’s root directory as illustrated on the JJP site, but no love.
Figure I need to do a full install now.
My 1.34 is working fine, so I may just wait a week or so to “let the dust settle” as it were.

Quoted from crobby:

For me, their instructions seem a bit off. After you extract the file, you'll have a folder named "wonka_update-v01.35". Inside that folder, there is a folder named "wonka_update". I move that "wonka_update" folder to the root of my usb stick. Then I'm able to get the update to work for me.

Odd, I did the update last night and just unzipped the file into the root directory on the USB stick, didn't move any folders around.

Did another backup before I did the installed. I unpacked the backup file and found that it contains the photos taken during the games, they are PNG files, nice little find.

1 month later
#8679 2 years ago

Haven't played Wonka in a couple of weeks, just too busy with customer projects. Needed a break today and figured I would play a game. I have gotten 4 golden tickets in the past, but could never finish kid multi-ball golden ticket. Today in my casual game, I got 4 golden tickets again, and even picked up the kid multi-ball ticket, but could not achieve the gobstopper ticket. One jackpot away from pure imagination. Fun 1/2 hour wasted, lol!!

love this game.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Just noticed v1.38 is available now. Going to test it out and see if the animation issue(s) were fixed. Fingers crossed.

here's the changes.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.38 May 17, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: daf690776a9b4c343e717966b6f903e9 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 69270a05db4a53d44462faad3b9f2c95 ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.34, v01.35,
v01.36, and v01.37

=== Core Code
* fixed bug that stopped session files from being sent to scorbit
+ enhanced Camera Diagnostic screen with basic camera adjustments. added test
picture capability
* various other bug fixes and improvements

2 weeks later
#8779 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Where/how do I find this?

You need to have an USB wifi adapter installed. Then in settings under network, you can enable the beta downloads/install. Once the beta is enabled, the pin will download and install the beta.

1 week later
#8869 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Is this beta update available on wifi?

Yes, thats the only way you can enroll in the beta and download.

#8873 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I tried to find it last nite. Where does it come under in the menu options?

It's under the settings menu, then network settings. In that sub tree there's an update software option.

#8897 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

My game has been stuck on this screen for over an hour, I’ve pressed every button and I can’t get out of the screen and I don’t feel like I should restart it. Any advice?
[quoted image]

Are you updating via WiFi? If so, 1.34 had a bug that would prevent the install from ever finishing. You need to update to 1.38 via USB.
The bug was fixed in 1.35

=== Core Code
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.34 to not be able to update over wifi.
owners with games on that version can download the USB update from our
website to get the game to update

#8937 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I sure as hell hope so! I’m on 1.37. Can I upgrade to betas from it?

Yes, you need to have a wifi adapter to enroll into rhe beta and upgrade.

1 week later
#8999 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Stupid question- if I just want to upgrade via WiFi do I just need the first item? Is this plug and play or...?

Yes, if all you want to do it wifi upgrades, then just buy the adapter. You plug it in the usb cable in the coin door area

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.34 to 1.38 via the Internet. Image downloaded and verified quickly but the update has been hanging for 30 min so far. I suspect it will never finish. Anyone else?
[quoted image]

1/34 has a bug that prevents upgrades via Wifi. This was fixed in 1.35. You need to do the upgrade via USB. You can grab the delta upgrade file (which is what was downloaded via WiFi) and do the upgrade from the USB stick. Or do the whole image of 1.38 on a bootable USB drive, more of a pain to create the boot drive.

Snippet from V1.35 release notes.
=== Core Code
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.34 to not be able to update over wifi.
owners with games on that version can download the USB update from our
website to get the game to update

2 weeks later
#9087 2 years ago

Downloaded and installed Beta 5, no issues with download. Changes look minimal, tweaks on scoring.

2 weeks later
#9229 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there an easy way to remove the black plastic screw in the left outland so I can install the post?

The easy way to remove the black plastic plug is to use a drill bit or punch to push it out from the underside of the playfield. It pops right out with a little bit of force.

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Are the high scores gone after the update?

No, updated to 2.0 from the beta. First download failed to verify the update. The second download verified and the update successful.

Best to make a backup before you upgrade, just incase something goes sideways. Your settings, scores and pictures are all saved in the backup.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Even so, I've been thinking about redoing the tutorial for 2.0...also correct the audio glitches, try and watch my cursing so it's kid-friendly, etc.

Yes, please!!!!

1 month later
#9601 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

wonka code 2 02 is out now.. very fast and easy...

Here's the change log - nice quick add for turning off the achievements ding!!!! Thank you!!!

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 02.02 September 27, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 43e329110086ccb18a4d53aed21eb36a ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: d7fd89db89e5af8de29742613c37746a ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.34, v01.35,
v01.36, v01.37, v01.38, v02.00, and v02.01

=== Core Code
* fixed bug with scorbit/achievements that would cause bad syncing at player
claim if the user didn't have their scorbit initials filled in
* swapped the name and description font sizes on the acheivement popup
+ added an on/off adjustement for the ding sound when achievements popup
+ added a new sound for pairing scorbit in diag

6 months later
#11239 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This has likely been answered already in this thread, but can someone tell me if Wonka LE is a widebody or a standard body pin?
Thanks.
Gord

Standard

1 month later
#11420 1 year ago

Took at look at the Wonkavator lock settings on my CE and the Stored lock option is grayed out. So it's disabled. It's set to no and I can't change it.

I played around with the other settings and it did not make the stored option active so you can change it. Anybody have that set to on?

#11423 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hmm, never had this before. A few things I'd check:
Does the Wonkavator work in test?
Tests -> Device Test -> Wonkavator
Is the diverter enabled?
Games Settings -> Devices -> Disable Elevator Diverter
Also I wonder if some sort of tournament mode might be disabling it? Just guessing here, as I'm not in front of my machine right now.

Quoted from FlippinJB:

Just had a further scout through the manual, and I'm again guessing, but check System Settings -> Competition Mode is set to OFF.

Thanks for the hints. The competition mode is off. And my Wonkavator is functional, loading/ejecting balls is not a problem. Just odd the setting for between games is disabled. I'll need to check the menu's a bit more. Now just more curious as to why the setting is disabled.

1 month later
#11597 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow that hasn't been my experience. Ours yanks the ball in crazy directions, usually to our detriment.

Ours is the same, the code upgrade did wake them up a bit compared to when we first received our CE.

9 months later
#12879 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Is there by chance any setting or mode I can set my JJP machines in to only allow 1 player at a time?
I have a party this weekend and at all of our previous parties, the kids always load up the machines to 4 players, play 2-3 balls, and leave so it just sits playing nonstop music. I know I can open the coin door to back out of the games but I also hide the keys so the kids aren’t opening the door or lose the keys.

At least on Wonka, there isn't a setting. But there is a setting for timed games (pindemption mode), 30-300 seconds, default is 45 seconds. Would solve the problem.

1 week later
#12920 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

My Oompa took a face plant. I'm thinking just superglue it back on to the camera but I thought I should check here first. Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve?
[quoted image]

I used super glue to fix mine when it came apart. At first I thought the Oompa snapped off, and then quickly realized the original glue just gave out.

3 weeks later
#12963 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Had an issue over the weekend, trough error. I havent gotten the chance to investigage but it kept showing a "trough error" and it kept shooting extra balls randomly.
Aside from cleaning the optos, anything else that I should look at? Not sure if others have had this issue. The coils are working fine from a quick test.

Had this issue a couple months ago. Ended up pulling both trough boards and reflowing the solder on them. That solved it for me, hasn't happened again.

1 month later
#13025 10 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

any Ideas. Just played a game the other night and all the flippers seemed weak. I have hard time making the top ramp from upper right flipper, including the other 2 ramps from bottom flippers. That's never happened before and I've only played this game about 15 times with no issues

You can increase the strength of your flippers, what are your settings? I know I increased mine from the default power, can't remember how much.

#13033 10 months ago
Quoted from ioncrash:

Hi guys -
I've felt for awhile like the left outlane on my Willy Wonka is just super brutal, so I put in the optional outlane pin, but I can't figure out what size rubber to use there. I tried putting a 3/8" on it so that it would be the same as the pin that sits between the two inlanes, but if I do that it actually blocks the ball from entering the left inlane. Does anyone know what rubber I'm supposed to put on there? The manual doesn't show anything there on the "Rubber Rings" diagram. Is it just supposed to be a bare pin?
Including a pic for clarity. I'm asking about the pin in back.
[quoted image]

Just the bare pin, no rubber.

2 weeks later
#13144 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Mine is behaving the same with one exception. When game is turned off then on, it clears the locked balls.
And I’m puzzled because I used to be able to alter the setting to yes or no. I haven’t installed the beta code. I think there was a small update when scorbit was removed, and that’s the only thing I know of that was changed since I was able to change the setting.

It will drain the balls when you power back on from a power off. It has always been this way.

#13146 9 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

has the setting for stored locks also always been greyed out/disabled, so that you cannot change the carryover to new games?

No, but I have a CE. I've always had it turned on. It also allows for the balls to stay loaded between players so a player can steal the stored balls.

#13154 9 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:So one of my artblades on my CE was scratched by the first owner. Shame they didn’t have the pinball life protector. Can I order a replacement blade from JJP?[quoted image]

My CE shipped with the protectors.

#13180 9 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

There must be a way to add the additional callouts to the LE? Has anyone tried?

You would have to get hold of a CE security dongle to enable the call outs, as zaphX says they are encrypted.

2 months later
#13288 6 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve just about got my wife talked into buying Willy Wonka. It’s a dream pin

It's my wife's favorite. First pin she every said is bolted to the floor

3 months later
#13699 80 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Has anyone replaced upgraded to the new IO board on Wonka? I updated my GNR and the change was so radical that I was thinking of also swapping out the Wonka IO board...
Was curious to see if it the same night and day experience/

Replaced my I/o board. Makes a different, flippers have a better snap. But most importantly a long 2 player game, we see no fade or the need to adjust shots as time goes on.

#13702 76 days ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I’m interested in making the change as I like the snap of my TS4 flippers compared to my Wonka’s but nervous to mess with electrical equipment as I’m a newbie to that stuff and would hate to break something. Hopefully I don’t sound stupid but is it a plug and play type of replacement or is it more advanced than that?

Replacing the board is plug and play. Connectors are keyed. take pictures for reference.

1 week later
#13722 67 days ago
Quoted from j69:

Just got a Wonka LE. Slings feel weak compared to my Sterns. Daft question, when I adjust the sling "milliseconds" in the settings, does setting it higher or lower increase the sling strength? [quoted image]

replace the caps or the IO board. Check out this thread for more info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board

1 week later
#13761 60 days ago

Wife and I played a 2 player game of Wonka since I swapped out the IO board. After having Wonka for 4 years, my wife finally collected all 5 golden tickets, she's been close with 4 in the past. But this was the first time to Pure Imagination. Game felt great for our 1.5 hour long session. My GC score is still standing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chillme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=chillme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.