IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider camvr2013.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7280 3 years ago

Joined the club! I don’t think I’ve ever been more in love with a pin than this one! Can’t wait to mod it extensively! I typically do my own 3D printed models and as I do I’ll drop them here for others to print for free.

Now on to working out the kinks! My TMSM motor is loud as hell! Anyone know if this is common and easily fixed?

Glad to be in the club!

A9E28107-2918-4A2E-BB3D-3667B5C15BC3 (resized).jpegA9E28107-2918-4A2E-BB3D-3667B5C15BC3 (resized).jpeg
#7295 3 years ago

I just completed my first mod! An easy one. For those of you with PinGulps, a Fizzy Lifting Drink vinyl sticker label! **I don’t like to waste materials, so I’ve got 3 extra labels. First 3 people to PM me their address, I will send you one free of charge!**

47D50140-0703-4B30-B050-59D0E79D5859 (resized).jpeg47D50140-0703-4B30-B050-59D0E79D5859 (resized).jpegE1FB4FF8-7152-4641-B79A-994BF7429698 (resized).jpegE1FB4FF8-7152-4641-B79A-994BF7429698 (resized).jpeg
#7297 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

I just completed my first mod! An easy one. For those of you with PinGulps, a Fizzy Lifting Drink vinyl sticker label! **I don’t like to waste materials, so I’ve got 3 extra labels. First 3 people to PM me their address, I will send you one free of charge!**

Extra labels are all spoken for!

#7298 3 years ago

Created a DropBox folder to house all of my Wonka mods. The Fizzy Lifting Drink label is there for anyone who would like to print one for yourself!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hfftfjyycgj2f8i/AABfrtHZyK3YO2OkOvljExCBa?dl=0

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Created a DropBox folder to house all of my Wonka mods. The Fizzy Lifting Drink label is there for anyone who would like to print one for yourself!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hfftfjyycgj2f8i/AABfrtHZyK3YO2OkOvljExCBa?dl=0

Added a 3D printable Wonka Bar to the Dropbox! Have at it!

24C2E510-2ECE-4ABA-B07D-7B17F8BF076A (resized).jpeg24C2E510-2ECE-4ABA-B07D-7B17F8BF076A (resized).jpeg9417FF95-6A2B-4DEA-BBB7-F509C9B0985A (resized).jpeg9417FF95-6A2B-4DEA-BBB7-F509C9B0985A (resized).jpeg
#7313 3 years ago

Apologies if this has already been discussed... One of the very first things I noticed about this game was just how dark the backboard was on the playfield. So I set about a solution. Upon doing some other troubleshooting, I realized this game runs off of a pretty standard PC Motherboard(forgive me, this is my first JJP). That meant free USB power! I had a USB LED strip left over from a PC build, so I installed it just above the backboard on the cabinet. Looks and works great and cost me $5.00!!! Woohoo!!!

E256FA89-3DD2-4723-91D9-7331C3832224 (resized).jpegE256FA89-3DD2-4723-91D9-7331C3832224 (resized).jpeg
#7317 3 years ago

Made these flipper decals tonight! The JJP logo on the top of the flipper makes them a bit wonky, but it still looks better than the flat yellow, in my opinion. So I’ve uploaded the file to my Dropbox link and I HAVE EXTRAS! First 5 people to PM me their address will get them fo’ free!**. I actually used a different design on my personal machine that was a bit derivative and therefore I didn’t feel comfortable sharing that one. So I’d love to see what this design looks like installed on a game!

**If you got a Fizzy Lifting Drink decal, please still feel free to PM me. I will prioritize others first, but if I don’t get a huge response, I will slot you into the list!

289BBC26-698E-4C0A-AAAA-79C3E0B0E52E (resized).jpeg289BBC26-698E-4C0A-AAAA-79C3E0B0E52E (resized).jpeg
#7332 3 years ago

My Kickback is missing about 95% of the time. Anyone have an easy fix for this? Doesn't appear to be an alignment issue, but I've been wrong before!

#7336 3 years ago

This game is so sweet it’s bursting chocolate at the seams!!! Based on the slime and ooze for GB and TMNT respectively. 3D Print files are in the Dropbox!

2C6ABE10-AA88-43A7-9795-95CADB95EBA8 (resized).jpeg2C6ABE10-AA88-43A7-9795-95CADB95EBA8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Soooo, considering a CE. Would be our first JJP! Anyone with a CE know the height of the machine with topper installed? Want to be sure I can fit it in the basement location. Also, I have seen folks suggesting the CE is worth it...agree?! Want something we will keep for many years. We love our Stern games but the code just isn't deep enough so you have to really love the theme to make it a keeper.

My game with a topper is about 7ft even. Give or take an inch in either direction.

#7472 3 years ago

You all have got me experiencing Oompa Loompa Air Ball of Death anxiety now! Lol. I could barely focus on playing well last night I was so worried about a ball taking out that sweet little orange guy. Guess I need to invest in a protector ASAP!

#7490 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Can you link to the LED lights you got? Sounds way better than the $30-50 options being offered by opportunists here.

Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

amazon.com link »
I added some images of the blue light effect
these are low voltage, so I assume if you know how, you can modify the device (cut the wires and splice) to tie right into GI lighting circuits for use on NON USB applications (stern and williams games). I'm gonna try to get another set, and see if I can splice them into a GI circuit (6 volt) soon.
heres the USB powered car lights. remote controlled RGBs. $15 such a deal!!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Adding to this already stellar info, I actually got the set I used at Walmart for <$10. I can’t remember the brand, but they’re located in their electronics section, typically on the end of an aisle!

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Posting this in case it can help others. So the first mod that I ordered for the game was a set of pinblades (well, actually PinGraffix which I bought via eBay). I read on the forums how to install these, and watched videos, and to say I was concerned about getting a clean install is an understatement. But somewhere earlier I read a post by somebody who said they simply removed the entire playfield, didn't have to disconnect anything, and that they (with help) set it on sawhorses right to the side of the machine and then had full easy access to the inside of the cabinet.
I paid close attention to the margins on either side of the playfield, and they literally scrape when raising and lowering the playfield (not the actual playfield sides, but the upper clear ramps on the left side of the machine drag the edges, and there isn't any way to adjust those to get out of the way). I saw the solutions for the plastic shields you can insert each time you raise the playfield, but felt those were pricey and was not confident I could even squeeze them in. Plus just one more thing to worry about and store somewhere. I saw another post from someone who lined the edges of their playfield with felt, so I went that route. Plus I lined the edges of the plastic ramps so they would slide smoothly.
Since my wife has bad back trouble at the moment (due to trying to help me get the machine upstairs), I "had" to figure out how to remove the playfield by myself, and found a super easy solution. I propped up the front of the machine to lessen the angle a bit. Then I raised the playfield up and set the front overhanging the front of the machine. But on the back, I wrapped a towel around a board, simply lifted the end of the playfield up high, slid the board underneath the rails below the playfield so the playfield just sat on top of the machine, giving full access to the inside of the cabinet (and made SURE it was on sturdy and would not slide down or to the side). Then it was super easy to install the blades, didn't need to mess with Windex or anything, just lined 'em up, used painters tape to hang them in position, and then undid the backing and installed them. The type I purchased were great about being able to lightly stick, then pull up, then adjust until I had them perfect, then I just used my hand to press them in and iron out any bubbles and they turned out perfect. While the playfield was up I used the 3/4" felt tape and lined the entire machine (every surface edge that could possibly scrape the sides), lowered the playfield back in, and it slides in and lifts up smooth as butter, nothing binding, nothing scraping. Took me about 30 minutes taking my time for the whole operation. Anyway, there are different ways to do this, but this method sure worked well for me. I LOVE the blades, and it feels like it helps brighten things up just a tad as well. The quality of the blades is very good, fairly thick vinyl feeling, had precut holes for the hinge bolts, and look better in person than the pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing your experience! I’ve got a set in the mail as I write this!

2 weeks later
#7762 3 years ago

I keep seeing posts on Pinside and other sites accusing us of rating our Wonkas unrealistically high so that the price would bubble and we could all sell our games for a nice profit. Guys. We need to stop trying to flip our games! Let’s just be truthful about how terrible Wonka really is and about how we never intended to keep this game!

On a more serious note, I’m finally getting the hang of Kid Multiball. It’s about time! These Golden Tickets ain’t easy to come by!

#8005 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I wish the JJP stuff were open sourced. Hack in Candy Man Can. Hack in real Veruca Salt. I doubt it will ever happen because the licensed IP probably comes with chains attached. But an unlicensed game? It would be awesome. So many talented pinheads can code...

This was one of my biggest disappointments in the game. When I first got Candy Man mode and the music was some knock off midi tune, it killed me. But I suppose I’ve accepted it just won’t ever be there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider camvr2013.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=camvr2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.