IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 5 years ago

So how much different will this game end up being from yesterday’s reveal to final production? More movie scenes, callouts , cabinet art changes( SE).? I was a tad underwhelmed given the hype.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am going to make an observation - there are two groups of people right now - those who have played the game, and those that haven't.
Group that has played the pin - it seems like a majority of them love the pin or really like the pin, and think it's great, and likely even ordered one.
Group that has not played the pin - a majority of them do not like the pin, based upon what they saw on a stream or video.
To me, this I think illustrates that this pin needs to be played to enjoy and understand and really get a feel for the kind of pin that it is. There is a lot that is lost in translation watching online vs playing in person. The wonkavision is pretty cool in person, it's a fun effect that you can't feel or get when you watch it online. Same goes for several other aspects of the game like the gobstopper and gobblehole, etc. The code that is there is fun, but it's only 60% done. I think once we see release code, it's going to fill in gaps for things like callouts, video/audio clips, theme integration, music and sounds, etc. The LED lights and shows, and those tiny little "candy" LEDs are amazing. When you get into certain modes and they light up and do their LED dance, it's so awesome in person. I watched the videos after I got home from MGC and the game does look underwhelming on video. I totally get why people were not impressed. So many of these things on video looked meh while in person were amazing.
I think a fair number of people who cancelled their pre order based upon what they saw online will change their minds once they play it and will order the game. That's my opinion anyways, and I think once the initial anger dies down people are going to give it a second look and play it and their mind will change.

Did you get to play the SE ? If so, what was your assessment vs. the LE with the Wonkavator?

#359 5 years ago

I think a Wonkavator replica would look great

#364 5 years ago

SDTM vids are really the best as you get a good angle/ view of the playfield and game sounds. I just noticed the pop bumpers say “ Oompa Loompa” when hit.

1 week later
#445 4 years ago

There will be a CE prototype at the Ann Arbor show as well....looking forward to taking a spin !

2 months later
#796 4 years ago

How do you SE owners view the lack of the Wonkavator? Is it really an issue ?

6 months later
#3736 4 years ago

Delt31,
What is your build date? I am assuming that your playfield looks ok and void of pooling?
This issue has kept me on the sidelines from buying this title.

1 year later
#7727 3 years ago

It doesn't look like there is a SE or LE NIB to be found anywhere....looks like I will have to wait for a new run out of JJP.

#7729 3 years ago

I dont know....why wouldnt it?

#7732 3 years ago

I've been late for everything in life....married at age 37. But I AM the Bud Man so might have to use some of those super human powers to make it happen.

1 year later
#11605 1 year ago

When did JJP begin with putting out the new / better playfields with no paint at the posts? Sometime in 2021?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=budman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.