IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigsilverpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2900 4 years ago

Hello! New member of the Wonka Club here! Quick question, should the gobstopper target/drop make a motor noise as it spins? I can't tell if the noise is a game feature (I think it is) or if something is wrong. Thanks in advance!

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

no, it should be almost silent (other than you might hear some sound effects)

I should have been clearer; I didn't mean the toy up top spinning I mean the base/hole that rotates upon hitting the target. Upon start up it makes a noise as well as it resets to starting position.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes, this is normal. The trap door cycles at startup to calibrate position, and you can hear it.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Thank you, that's what I thought! I heard it in Toyota boys video as well, thanks for the help guys! I've had the game for one day and love it! Got just over 2 million and one golden ticket day one, can't wait to go home and see what else is there. I absolutely love the light show during oompa loompa odyssey and even during slugworth multi. Great game!!

#2921 4 years ago

Quick question! My ball keeps getting stuck/slowed down in the rightmost left inlane (Factory light lane). I'm thinking it's the pitch of the machine as a little lean on the bottom of the machine unstucks it; it was 6 degrees upon install, I raised to about 6.3 and it got slightly better. Is anyone else seeing this issue and what angle do you have your table at? Lastly, are airballs supposed to be fairly common? I get airballs pretty routinely including ones that skip up and hit the invisiglass. Was wondering if changing the angle would help this as well.

Thanks in advance guys!

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow stock slope with all levelers flat is around 6.5. I have my have mine at 7.0 and it plays very nice.

Hmm I'll recheck mine! I had all flat and could swear it was 6.0. thanks!

#2963 4 years ago

Having a problem with my augustus spinner, probably a regular pinball issue. The spinner comes to a rest on its side so the ball is having trouble spinning it when it goes by. I tried adjusting it but still same issue. Any advice on what to do so it comes to a rest in a proper position? Thanks in advance guys!

#2969 4 years ago

Thanks guys that solved it! Anyone have any experience with putting the table into "easy difficulty" mode? I'm having a party in a few weeks and most ppl attending aren't experienced at pinball. Any insight into what changes (multi ball difficulty etc.)?

#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Go into your utilities menu and then the installs menu and install extra easy mode. Then change to 5-ball. This will make the game more enjoyable for your guests.

thanks! i went thru the entire menus lasts night and saw how the options change for each difficulty. For now I am going to make the kickback one level easier (2>1). Was nice to find the options to change the color of the score display, add my LE# to the screen, and to increase the brightness of the LED inserts. All very nice additions. Anyone have any luck installing LED lights underneath/behind an LE cabinet yet? I saw some options in the menu for that.

#2987 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

To those of you (either SE owners who requested them after the fact, or LE owners that had them installed from the start) with the airball-protectors on the Factory ramp, how would you rate this solution? Is it preventing airballs from that ramp? Is the aesthetic of having it there acceptable, or does it block the view of something else? If you installed yours, was it relatively easy to do?
I have not looked closely at the pics and videos but I am assuming they stuck with this same solution for the CE's.

My LE came installed with the protector. No issue with airballs there and it doesn't block my view.

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

What parts of the code are the most enjoyable?

I really enjoy the multiball modes. The startup for the wonkavator multi, slugworth muli, and kid multi all get me ramped up. Oompa loopma odyssey is fun and Wonktavania boat mode is intense. To me the game doesn't feel too linear because there are many ways to increase your score and you don't feel like you have to hit the same shots over and over to have a high score or enjoy yourself. Deep enough rules, but not too deep that they are overly complicated.

#3068 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Check height of gold bolts below lockdown bar
Scour bottom of cabinet for extra random hardware floating around (check speaker magnet too)
Adjust shooter housing to prevent clearance issues with shooter tip hitting auto-plunger
Check Augustus spinner for correct position and clearance for good spin
Ensure Factory ramp deflector is installed
Install left outlane guide post, moving rubber from inlane post over
Check switch gaps on slingshots (both mine needed adjustment - too tight)
Check trough board switches in switch test, be prepared for a failure
I'm missing some stuff - I'll add later when I remember
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

What do you mean here about the the gold bolts? Also, is anyone else having a problem with their lockdown bar? Mine takes a lot of effort to lock into place, and often requires a few minutes of jimmying until the mechanism fits/looks properly.

#3071 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

The JJP lockdown bars seem really finicky. I have lots of issues with WoZ and Pirates. WoZ I adjusted the brass screws, made a bit of a difference, still takes some finagling every time. Pirates refuses to latch closed with those screws all the way down or all the way up or any state in between, but thankfully doesn't really move anyway. Wonka and Hobbit lock down pretty well, but still rarely as easy as a Stern bar.

Thank you to you and Lermods for the quick answer! I thought it was me, everytime I close it it's so stubborn. I'm presuming thats what the two brass screws are for! thanks guys!!

1 week later
#3162 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with their LE...Sometimes when I hit the wonkavator shot (with super lock lit) the VUK shoots the ball up into the Wonkavator and instead of locking the ball and playing the wonkavator animation, the ball pauses for a second and then drops back down into the playfield. I hit the shot again and the second time it always sticks. I've checked the optos, nothing loose. The problem happens intermittently, but always locks after it drops once ( if it drops) and I hit the super lock shot again. I am running 1.31 and I've check all relevant settings and tests. Any one else having this issue? I do have backboard LED lighting installed, but I doubt its affected the optos that intermittently.

Thanks!

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually it is possible that the extra lighting is effecting the optos. Maybe turn it off and see if the issue still happens?

Thanks going to try that tonight

#3172 4 years ago

I'm really enjoying the new call outs and video cuts that are played in 1.31. I just got an extra ball off a special right lane drain that played Charlie finding the money in the sewer; either brand new or I've never triggered that before. Light show also seems different/improved in certain modes. Nice touches!

#3215 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well I got to say,you guys were right about shaker motor.Setting were in normal and I thought this is ok,but then I set it on high and it rocks.Love it especially on Wonkatania

in which menu is the shaker motor setting? I'm having trouble finding it

#3295 4 years ago

I want to change my flipper rubbers to blue. Any suggestions on which ones to grab? I ordered some and didn't love the colors/they seem a tad too tight of a fit.

Thanks!

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grab with your index fingers inside the rubber and give it a few hard tugs.
LTG : )

thanks just a tad worried about messing up the flippers

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slip the rubber ring over the fat end first and pull hard and slip over the narrow end.
In over 50 years I haven't messed one up or broken one yet.
LTG : )

thanks, sorry for the noob question

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Mine are Titan silicone blue. Neither photo is ideal since they're being lit up by either color LEDs or an overactive flash, but anyway, I like 'em. I did the uppers as well, but no toppers on them. Might switch 'em out for light blue and see how they look. The regular blue matches the armor on the LE, but the lighter blue would match the playfield better.

Thanks! I switched to blue titans last night. The top left flipper was a real b**ch! I also added lane drop Cliffys where the ball drops in both in lanes. Real easy install!!

Thanks for the help all

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone have an issue with installing the lock bar ? I seem to have to fight with it when installing. The issue isn't latching the lever to lock it. Its just seating it to be flush with the cabinet. I have to wiggle and push harder than you think you would.

I have this issue. Use the two brass screws where it sits to adjust it. Even with alot of adjustment mine doesn't fit great though.

1 month later
#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
Was playing Wonka, first time I lite the Super Lock. - No balls in lock.
Make the spinner shot - ball is kicked up, lock ball 1 animation- ball rolls down and then released straight away!?
Anyone else have this? I will look at it tomorrow, but just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem?
Thanks

I've been having this problem for a month or two. Trying to get to the bottom of it with Butch at JJP, so far no luck. It can happen for me when any of the 3 balls "lock" it pauses for a second or two then drops back into play.

1 week later
#3679 4 years ago

Hi all! I beat Wonka's Office mode for the first time yesterday! Although I had a really good score overall (8 million) the scoring for completing Wonka's Office mode seemed very underwhelming (around 200-300k I think). Has anyone else had this experience? I figured beating the mode would provide a better reward; besides the clips and the fun lighting, what is the purpose/reward of completing this mode in the grand scheme of the machine?? Thanks guys!!

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

You'll want to build the value before collecting, pay attention to the prompts on the displays for the most valuable shots and try to not cash out before the value gets to what you're looking for...this mode is pretty much the ultimate risk/reward.

Thank you! I was kind of just shooting/staying alive. Thanks for the good info

3 weeks later
#4102 4 years ago

agreed, i purchased as well and was surprised with what came. I still installed it, but def was what I thought it was!

Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I just wanted to give a heads up on a mod that I bought that looks nothing like pictured.. Sorry to those modders selling this but it has to be mentioned.
This "pile of gumdrops" by ULEK Store... junk. In the picture, it looks like a picture perfect pile of gumdrops. It looks so realistic that I actually thought it might be a real pile of gumdrops. Well, I received this over the weekend and the quality of print is poor. It looks faded and completely unrealistic. Granted, its only $15 but seriously, save your money. It is not a good looking mod.
Here is what it claims to look like. I will send a pic later of what I received.
https://www.ulekstore.com/Gum_Drop_MOD_for_Willy_Wonka_pinball_p/gumdrops.htm

1 month later
#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm just getting my wonka broken in and wanted to know how people generally play. My kids think its too complicated and although I dont really agree there is certainly a lot to shoot for.
How do YOU play? Collect bars and then stumble across multis? Go for multis and stumble across bars & kids? Something else? Thanks!

I've had the game for months and just recently tried lowering the difficulty. Try extremely easy or easy, it allows you to access a lot of the modes more frequently/more multiballs and easier jackpots. I like a challenging machine, but have to admit that I've been enjoying my Wonka a lot more after lowering the default difficult a bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigsilverpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.