IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

341 posts in this topic match your search for posts by bigd1979. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 4 years ago

I'm most likely in on a le and possibly a ce. I absolutely love my dile and I'm thinking wonka will be even more amazing with the theme integration and video/music/sound asset's . Can't wait to see this beauty

#157 4 years ago

Looks amazing to me with ton of shots that are super smooth. Multiple complicated mechs/ball locks, magnets, 4 flippers, 7in lcd. 3 ramps, camera, all rgb lighting and tons of it, captive ball and much more.... pat really knows how to squeeze alot into a standard body pin.

#162 4 years ago

Also the rules are great allready at 40 percent... its gonna be great

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rules are further along than 40 confirmed in the beginning - it's basically fully coded

Just got off the phone with someone in the loop.. its only 40-50 percent atm

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rules are further along than 40 confirmed in the beginning - it's basically fully coded

What's there is good but its only gonna get better.. much more to add and refine.. its missing all the wizard modes currently ... but everything will b there once production models ship. And then as you know they will update even more. But im very happy with what i see so far

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The freaking coder said it was done except wizard modes give it up haha
There's going to be polish off course but don't think it's half way done only.

Thats fine but there are 2 -3 wizard modes i believe and lots of polish to go.. so 50 percent is very possible.. just letting you know what i was told

#173 4 years ago

There sure is alot of stuff on bottom and topside.. pat sure knows how to pack a standard pin

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks for this video Zach/SDTM!!!
SO NICE to see all the playfield features up close and in detail - looks great!

Yea big difference from the overhead video. Game looks great and impressed with everything on the playfield. Im really not sure what the debbie downers are unhappy about but i guess some people are never impressed and just like to complain.... after all its usually the same jjp and stern haters at every release. This is gonna b a huge hit for jjp .. especially the new price of the standard model.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what I was told the code in these games is 60%. They almost have the full code done.

I was told around 50 but 60 is close lol ...regardless it will only get better but i like what i have seen so far. Looks like many different ways to approach it and it will have multiple wizard modes. Also it will be mostly complete at shipping other than bug and scoring fixes

#181 4 years ago

Keith blowing it up.. so awesome.. game rules look great

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The main toy gobstopper is a great toy. Simple but fun. Wonkavision is well done too. The ball lock is cool and when someone unleashes the 5 ball multiball it feels epic.
I don’t know if these things aren’t translating over twitch stream but in person we just want to keep playing.

Yep... i think when people play it they will change their tune. A above camera stream never does any justice. I think the game looks top notch

#183 4 years ago

Apparently there are 2-3 diverters also... this game is really loaded. Has another pin used 7 magnets plus all the other stuff.. blows my mind how pat fits so much in a standard body pin

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And 12 months after that
They sold 100 POTCCE approx
Maybe 200 here?
I’ve got $$ down from POTCCE rollover but debating until I see pf art and what topper does

The ce powder coat is gorgeous buddy(like a mirror)... also the mirrored backglass and radcals look stunning. Im in for a le but possibly a ce... gonna check it out in Allentown to decide

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Already asked if JJP would install one in my SE. no dice it sounds like.

Will be super easy and cheap to make ..

#256 4 years ago

The mirrored backglass and red armor with radcals are beautiful...Screenshot_20190413-225940_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225940_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-230600_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-230600_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225927_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225927_YouTube (resized).jpg

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For those buyers the value for them is there. They aren’t necessarily caring about resale value.

Yea all the le extras are nice and id be buying them anyhow.... but that ball lock mech is pretty big and is super cool and has a lot to it. It also has a bunch of lighting on it that really adds to the lightshows ... i definitely want it in my game.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

not judging - just curious. That's fine.
Seems like the answer is money doesn't matter which is totally fine and actually is the only answer that makes sense to me on this.

I care about money but i want the whole game and the extra bling. That lock works similar to the tz gumball machine and is pretty cool.. and it looks nice in the back with all the rgb flashers and lights.

1 week later
#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The tour clip is helpful, but I would really like to see a closeup tour of the Standard's PF. Has anyone come across such a thing? I really want to see what that upper-left corner looks like without the Wonkavator. Maybe someone at the Allentown show can shoot a PF tour with his phone for us.

Screenshot_20190416-001003_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190416-001003_Gallery (resized).jpg

1 week later
#446 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Can't make the show and want to order a Willy Wonka ? Email Joe at [email protected] !
[quoted image]

Katie and i are looking fwd to playing wonka... how many will u have? Will it be the le or standard? Regardless looking fwd to it and thanks for providing this .

1 month later
#552 4 years ago

Link to stream?

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Picked up my CE today.. Was missing backbox wrench, good thing I own a data east and sega game. The 4 screws holding the instruction card mounts were loose, couldn't lift the playfield until I tightened them from inside the coinbox opening because the screws were tucked under the lockbar. No issues beyond that, wonkavision had no issues (but I was careful pulling the foam sideways). Had I been able to lift the playfield I would probably do that to get the foam out.
I'm only on code 1.04 and the code / callouts are already impressive. Can't wait to update it to latest code.[quoted image]

Standard edition.. not collector's edition.. congratulations on your pin

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I never did get my DILE printed manuals. Still my favorite pin of all time.

U had to contact your distro to get it

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Been playing mine, really a great game. Hooked it to an external sub, great sound and light show. Still figuring out what to do, but wonkavision and callouts are very instructive. Has a feel like a combo of dialed in and woz. Not sure what a good score is, I’ve gotten over a million twice.

Thats my feeling also.. woz meets dile
... its gonna only get better as the code does but wow its awesome. Probably some the best lightshows ever and one the best shooting pins ever. This pin is gonna sell really well for jjp..especially the se bc of the price and how much is there compared to stern premium /le.

#670 4 years ago

Game is looking great... once this code is polished its gonna be so so amazing imo

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Gameplay wise, does anyone know if the Wonkavator on the LE/CE is just another multi-ball that carries over from game to game, or does it play other roles? I guess the code will tell us.
I feel it will be hard to fully rate this game until the LE/CE's are played. The SE looks fantastic, and everyone seems to think it shoots fine (once you find all the shots on the flippers), and it seems like widebody features stuffed in a standard size cabinets, which are my favourite kind of pins!
I'm coming to terms with the code focusing on the Oompa Loompas rather than the children, as long as its fun to play!

Only difference in gameplay is the actual physical wonkavator ball lock...

#752 4 years ago

Put some time on a brand new se yesterday and man i love this pin. I can't explain why but its just fun fun fun and the newer code is a huge improvement over the prototypes i played. This game is gonna be my favorite jjp when all said and done.

1 week later
#980 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Got a shipment in today
First LE ready to go to the customer tomorrow. Is this the first LE in the world?[quoted image]

Wow looks great.. love the powder coat and the matching wireforms. The wonkavator ball lock looks nice also.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I think this will be the first JJP where the SE is actually the decent bet for the money.

All the jjp se are essentially the same as the le gameplay wise.... wonka is the first that's not just bling and upgrades and has slightly different gameplay and a added gameplay feature. . I think the le stuff is worth it in all cases tho bc i love invisaglass, powder coat, shakers and everything else they add to the le. Opinions may vary but alot if people like the le stuff. Glad their are options for everyone tho . And the se for under 8k shipped is a nice deal imo.

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I’m going to add a shaker to my SE, which will cost about $130. I don’t care about invisiglass at this time. The Wonkavator rules still work on the SE (just ask my GC wife...) and I like the black power coating - the game is still beautiful. To each their own, but the upgrades were not worth it to me (or maybe I just have less disposable income than some people). With the exception of a few mechanical issues, I am extremely thrilled with my SE purchase.

Yea the wonkavator mb is still there but i dont like the way it works as much on the se as it just continues to the pops after it counts the locks.... and there is no time to look at the cool animation with awesome light show like on the le with the physical ball lock. Its also nice to see how many balls are locked for that mb . All in all the se is a great value but i love the extras and the way the ball lock works on the le/ce.

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m getting a SE soon.You guys that have had one for awhile tell me why I made the right choice or should I have waited for something else?

Only you can be the judge... everyone is different. I love all pinball in some way but with limited room i have to be picky. I think wonka is amazing and i will have a le soon.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See? That's what I've been saying. You've -got- to play it. Once you do, it gets its hooks in you.

It sure does.. excellent design and great theme

#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just played my Dialed In I think it’s Lawlor’s best!If You already have DI is it wise to get Wonka?

They play way different imo and cant wait to have both in my collection

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess I'd like to see it up close, to understand it a bit more.

Its not just the wonkavator that makes the le worth it but its the whole le package that does it for me. The wonkavator with all the rgb lighting and rgb flashers really adds a nice touch ...also the rules/code work better with that feature imo. What a beautiful pin with amazing layout.

1 week later
#1665 4 years ago

Can't wait to sell few pins next week and get this game... its so good.

#1835 4 years ago

Looks like a pretty common used diverter? Believe many similar ones are used on lots of ramps especially pat l pins? I know on games like ripley's i had to bend /adjust it so it wld work correctly every time.. also u can add a piece of foam so it don't bounce back as far.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anyone know the solution for this trough error?

Reflowing solder seems to fix the issue or jjp will send u new ones.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'd call BS on this, unless you're into SMD solder work. Nearly everything on the opto boards are SMD. I reflowed all of the "through-hole" components on my opto boards and it made not a bit of difference.

The shaker motor is tastefully used. Perfect amount.
I hear what you're saying about the bottom right to upper left pass (it's needed to trigger kid multiball anyway), but that still doesn't change the fact that moving a ball through the gobstopper ramp proves to be a crap shoot as to whether or not you're going to be able to use the upper left. Not to mention, if you short-plunge for a skill shot to the saucer, the first place you're headed after you use the upper right flipper is the center ramp, which goes right to the diverter too. That's where 90% of my angst comes into play. Land a ball in the saucer, then trigger a computer award like "super spinner" for example, shoot the ball up the center ramp, watch it roll to the diverter where it should drop down to the magnet, and *dammit*, it just rolls on by.

There have been several people who did it and it fixed the issue.... just letting u know ...don't shoot the messager lol

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*phew*
Glad I'm waiting this storm out. Seeing lots of unhappy customers around these parts.

tons of happy customers also...

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve been happy with all my jjp games and have had nothing but minor adjustment issues. I bought DIle, hobbit le, wonka se and potcle nib, woz rr second hand. I don’t have playfield issues so it’s not all games. I did, however, have clear cracking on the SIM card hole, but a cliffy prevented it from getting worse. You’ll love Wonka, at least I do.

Yep its a shame that a good many folks are having issues and the shit gets blown way out of proportion like everything does on this site lol. Jjp pins are absolutely amazing overall and have been great for us and many others i know.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So wait, it's brand new out of the box...and the playfield is minty?!?
Shocker!
Congrats, though. Hope it doesn't give you as many headaches as the rest of the guys here.

The clear puddled at the slings is seen right out of the box in most cases

1 week later
#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I love the game. Great shots, fun code, lots to do.
My major complaint is that the feed out of the pops frequently sends it SDTM. This is all too familiar for those of us that have spent time on TWD. On TWD, fixing it was primarily an issue of getting the side to side level just right. I haven't yet figured out the exact set up for WW to avoid this issue.
Please, designers, stop repeating this design flaw.
However, I totally disagree with the criticism that there is not enough theme integration. I think the theme is all through this game. There are clips of, and references to most of the major scenes (but no inflating blueberry?). I agree, there should be accompanying audio for these clips.

I believe the newest code pulses the magnets so it helps with drains out of the pop bumper area ....

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

What else are we going to add? To a game that has
* Welcome to the Factory
* Inventing Room
* Fizzy Lifting Drink Room
* Golden Egg Room
* 2x scoring
* 3x scoring
* 4x scoring
* 5x scoring
* Slugworth MB
* 2x Wonka Bars
* Super Spinner
* Collect Augustus
* Collect Mike
* Collect Violet
* Wonkatania Mania
* Wonka Wash Frenzy
* Wonka Store Room
* Oompa Loompa Hurry Up
* World Record Gum Chewing
* Dots Dots Dots
* The Candy Man
* Unlimited Kickback
* Wonka Bar Craze
* Gobstopper MB
* Kid MB
* Wonkavator MB
* Oompa Loompa Odyssey
* Wonka's Office
* Most Secret Machine
* Pure Imagination
[Which you can stack 13 of those at once, BTW.]
Plus around a dozen other awards from small points to light extra ball to giant wizard mode instant bonus. And tons of secret stuff no one seems to have discovered yet.
What the hell else do you want us to put in this game??
WYSIWYG[quoted image]

Love the code and rules allready... thanks for your hard work with this and all of the other jjp pins which are all amazing.

1 week later
#2421 4 years ago

Hope to be in the club tomorrow... super excited as i think this pin is amazing. What to look for other than the usual stuff and clear coat issues? Thanks for any help

#2428 4 years ago

O yea
20190913_145531 (resized).jpg20190913_145531 (resized).jpg

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Looks like I've been bitten by the trough opto board problem that turns every multiball mode into six ball multiball. Only problem I've had with mine in almost three months. Reported to customer support.

Does it go on forever or eventually go back to regular ball play?

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

On almost every wonka I’ve played they all seem to have the same issue with the eject from the gobstopper VUK.. However after getting a close look- it’s not the VUK- it’s the side coil that kicks the ball into the VUK....
Couldn’t the subway and (gravity) lead the ball to the VUK like most games? Seems like an unnecessary coil assembly.[quoted image]

Was looking at my new purchase last night and saw this also... mine works fine but not sure what this is for? Looks like a 2-3 ball lock but does it ever lock balls in this area? I haven't played enough to know if balls are locked in this area?

#2439 4 years ago

Also man this le is beautiful.. i thought all jjp pins are nice but man wonka le is gorgeous and i cant stop looking at it. Especially bc mine has tons of beautiful mods added.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Congrats! Fun/pretty game for sure!
It’s not a ball lock, kind of a hybrid. Ball falls in gobstopper and is kicked out from Gob VUK to shooterlane.

Yea i know that but i wonder y there is the other coil and a switch and 2 optos? It cld lock balls from the way its designed. I think i remember reading that it does hold onto balls in some modes and releases them after you hit so many shots or something. This wld make sense as there is no other reason for this design ? Maybe someone will chime in thats made it deeper into the game rules and can comment

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah during gobstopper the super/double supers are earned by locking in at least 2 balls in the secret machine , correct? .. its tough, those magnets really screw me over a lot during multiball.

I figured it did something otherwise there wld b no need for that subway design

#2455 4 years ago

Wow this game is amazing.. here is a few pictures of mine and the mods.... still have few more to add.20190915_021019 (resized).jpg20190915_021019 (resized).jpg20190915_021154 (resized).jpg20190915_021154 (resized).jpg20190915_021209 (resized).jpg20190915_021209 (resized).jpg

#2457 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I notice you have a plastic guard over your right wireform, is that a mod or a factory item/add on?
Im getting so many airballs out of it this last week I shot off an oompa leg and the camera lens itself .. think I can glue them but need to get in touch with my distributor for that plastic

Looks factory to me? Late July build date. No airballs on mine and its playing fast and mean... i have it at 7.0 degrees

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Question on pricing. I just called my dist. About a Wonka le.. in the past I have paid 9500 shipped for my potc le. I am told now I have to pay 300 for shipping . Are all you guys paying delivery on top of the 9500 for the game ?

Call others distros

#2499 4 years ago

This pin is really good.. the design is one my favorites ever and its just so fun. Will see in a few month's if i love it like i do my dile but i think it will be my number 1 ever. So glad jjp brought on pat l bc he makes a dam fine pin.

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I may have found an "Easter Egg" … or maybe it's just a random call out. When I drained a ball during Wonka's Office mode and had about 60K in that mode (almost beat the Joe Katz default 65K score for that mode), I received the Dialed In call out "Crazy" - guessing that Joe put it in there as a joke. (???) Not sure what triggered that, but was surprised by it. Is that common at that point? Just wondering if others noticed it at some point. Crazy.

Ill never get that far...

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Two golden tickets is all that it will take. That triggers the qualifier for the office mode. You'll get there.

O really? I think ive had that allready. I need to read up on the rules but having too much fun just playing lol.

#2526 4 years ago

Its a real shame the playfield issues came about on potc and carried over to wonka. Wonka is a amazing pin ... probably one the best/ most fun shooting pins I've owned/played. Also the theme and code are really good allready and not to forget probably the some of the best lightshows ever .... its just dazzling and i just sit and stare at it sometimes lol. Also the le is simply gorgeous and a beautiful piece of furniture. Its a shame a lot of this is being overshadowed by the pooling around post. I bought a heavily modded low play le that had some pooling but i flattened it out and put nylon and rubber washers down and I'm playing the hell out of it and i believe it will b totally fine in the long run. What a awesome pinball experience.

#2543 4 years ago

Where is the kickback supposed to normally shoot the ball?

#2544 4 years ago

Here's my outlane setup.... game still kicks my ass but ill have some good games thrown in there also.20190920_102718 (resized).jpg20190920_102718 (resized).jpg

#2545 4 years ago

My outlane drains are still left 600 to 100 lol

#2552 4 years ago

Ok thanks.. i need to ajust mine as its kicking low... i messed it up when i had the game apart to add washers under the posts.

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What kind of washers did you use?

Thin Nylon and rubber... so far so good

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry, just getting frustrated with a lot of the negativity lately on pinside.

Yep.. its supposed to b a fun hobby/pastime and so many people just bitch about everything and are unhappy with the pins. I say its time for them to find a new hobby.... im absolutely loving my wonka le even with some pooling around the posts. ... and i bought it seeing this and glad i did as its the most fun I've had since getting my dile nib. We all sld be grateful for these new amazing pins as it cld of went the other way after b/w closed its doors.

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It really is a great game. Don't believe the haters.

One my favorites if not my favorite... slowly pulling in front of dile

#2598 4 years ago

Come on ... this is a club thread can you all take it to pm please.

#2611 4 years ago

So this just happened..... also collected 3 golden tickets and saw wonka's office mode. The game is so amazing and is just so much fun to shoot. I just keep hitting the start button over and over20190924_000053 (resized).jpg20190924_000053 (resized).jpg

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Wow, nice score
I love playing this thing , so close every time tot that 5th gob stopper .. still no office!

Im not sure what or how i did to even get 3 tickets lol. I usually get one but this is the first i got 3. I had a really good wonkavator mb and kid mb but i believe i bought gob stopper in with kid .

1 week later
#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Do the majority of Wonka players leave the posts removed that are between the flippers and on the drain chute in the far left, or are they supposed to be installed? I want to play and achieve high scores as how it was intended. Jersey Jack left them off when unpacking my LE, so i am assuming that is how they want you to play the game?

Between the flippers? Also i bought my le used and the left outlane has a post installed in the lowest hole... im keeping it like this bc the game is still difficult with brutal outlanes.

#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

The light show is excellent on this game, especially when you play with the house lights dimmed or off. This machine feels like it just needs some good toy mods to feel complete, as the movie has many gizmos and contraptions to do so.

I bought my le with lots of 3d painted mods... really added to the look

#2725 4 years ago

Sweet... love this game

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

It's fixed, DL 1.26

1.26 only fixed the super lock issue at start of game?

#2795 4 years ago

Have i mentioned how good this pin really is lately? Lol. I have played more pinball since getting wonka than i have the past year combined. I just love playing it as its just plain fun and puts a smile on my face no matter what kind of day I'm having.....that's what a great pinball is supposed to do imo. I don't get how anyone cld not like this pin....

#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I’ve never played a pin with a more immersive experience (light, sound, video). There are a bazillion shots and they all matter and are all delightful. Yes, the pin is expensive. Inferior, though? I don’t get it.

Yep best pinball experience I've had in a long while and its only gonna get better as the code evolves.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

....and the playfield continues to deteriorate.

Don't you have somewhere else you can go whine and cry..... I'm happy and love my wonka ....

#2823 4 years ago

Boom.....20191013_212706 (resized).jpg20191013_212706 (resized).jpg

#2824 4 years ago

Scratch that lol.....20191013_220255 (resized).jpg20191013_220255 (resized).jpg

#2825 4 years ago

How cool is the Wonka office mode... super neat.

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Still can’t get to it. I need a pinball coach.

U will it only takes 2 tickets and 1 is almost a given... just focus on the wonkavator one or gobstopper one and it will happen. Im not that great of player and have seen it 3 times.

#2846 4 years ago

Ce is beautiful....bet it looks even more amazing in person with the radcals and extra lighting .

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Played this on location (standard) other day and loved it. Question, when and how are the magnets implemented under clusters? I never noticed any activity.

Lots of magnet action ..trust me.. especially on the newest code

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Looks great, I wish someone could make side blades removable. They always seem to get damaged when raising the playfield. JJP games are usually very tight. Why couldn't the blades be mounted to a template and just rest on edge of playfield. Then you can just slip them out when servicing the game ?

I leave the backing on and then use velcro .... then i can easily remove them for service.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Wonka Owner’s , thinking of ordering a CE ? You guys love the game . I’m a huge Lawlor fan, I’ve owned every game he’s done , AFG, TZ ES WW DI are some of my favorites. Should I pull the trigger ?
Thanks

I've owned most pat l pins also and di was my favorite but Wonka has taken the title now. The layout is fantastic and is just so fun (and challenging) with so many shots and things going on. It also has mesmerizing lighting/light shows that are probably some of the best ever. Then you add in a great theme/movie and deep challenging code where you can stack modes on modes and it a amazing experience imo.

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Which basically means no wonka for me. Gameroom is beeing completed around xmas and wonka was clearly part of the plan, but will be out.
I wonder how manu sales jjp lost due to committing to mirpoo?
I guess the only good option as it stands is cgc's, danesis new or backpaddle to stern sam games, cause i aint be getting spike-shite.

Im sure they have changed or fixed the issue on newly made wonka's.....

#2888 4 years ago

Based on what evidence?
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Quoted from romulusx:

I believe there was a line shut down.I assumed it was to rectify playfield issues.Can’t confirm correction but I’m pretty sure line was shut down for awhile
Also assumed they weren’t going to run CE’s until a correction was made.

This..

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Still some minor adjustments, for exsample the most secret machine decal or the backboard fits not 100%
And i'm waiting for Mezel's Factory Pipe Upgrade!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So awesome im in

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If this game doesn’t win best light show of the year I would be surprised

It really is phenomenal... I'm wondering does woz and Wonka use slightly different light board set ups? While all jjp insert light shows are awesome ..wonka and woz do much more effects than the other titles. Or is it just come down to coding?

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

...but therefor the GI sucks!
If you watched the movies before on YouTube, you don't have in your mind that the moviemaker use some external light.
And then you turn Wonka on at home and it's just dark. The nice playfield is invisible like WOZ before.
I increased the lightlevel with 12V SMD stripes an finally i can agree with you.
So happy with Willy at home now.

Its dark but i can see everything fine and i play at night with no lights on.i love the atmosphere it gives. I may add a few spots at some point

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Quick question! My ball keeps getting stuck/slowed down in the rightmost left inlane (Factory light lane). I'm thinking it's the pitch of the machine as a little lean on the bottom of the machine unstucks it; it was 6 degrees upon install, I raised to about 6.3 and it got slightly better. Is anyone else seeing this issue and what angle do you have your table at? Lastly, are airballs supposed to be fairly common? I get airballs pretty routinely including ones that skip up and hit the invisiglass. Was wondering if changing the angle would help this as well.
Thanks in advance guys!

Wow stock slope with all levelers flat is around 6.5. I have my have mine at 7.0 and it plays very nice.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Watching several videos of this game, does it not have the oompa loompa song in it anywhere?

Pop bumpers do this and there is a awesome oompa loompa odyssey mode.

#2938 4 years ago

So yea.. this happened..had to pull glass to fix lol.20191019_221415 (resized).jpg20191019_221415 (resized).jpg20191019_232541 (resized).jpg20191019_232541 (resized).jpg

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any chance JJP changes the topper at this point due to the quite consistently negative feedback or are we basically to the point where it's just going to be this and deal with it?
Jeff

They start on the line soon so i doubt they change anything.... i think the ce is gorgeous and offer's some nice upgrades over the other models. Is the topper amazing ..not really but its better than nothing and the lighting along with under cab lights is tied to different modes. Again its just a topper and u dont even see it when playing . Sorry i don't get the huge attachment people have with toppers. But the ce playfield ,radcals and armor are absolutely beautiful and the extra callout outs are a pretty cool touch. Is it worth the extra over the le ..probably not..but what le, super le and super duper editions are ?..... well that's up to the buyer but its nice to have options . I think everyone that's been waiting to get a Wonka will be very happy once they receive them as the game is awesome.

#2960 4 years ago

Here's some Wonka gameplay if anyone is bored at work today lol... no fancy camera setup but i like the raw pov gameplay videos myself. Was supposed to just be a test game which is why the first few balls sucked... but i ended up having a nice ball 3 so i just went with it. Really shows off the brilliant light shows bc of the dark room.

#2965 4 years ago

Having a problem with my augustus spinner, probably a regular pinball issue. The spinner comes to a rest on its side so the ball is having trouble spinning it when it goes by. I tried adjusting it but still same issue. Any advice on what to do so it comes to a rest in a proper position? Thanks in advance guys!

Just need to bend the spinner mech down and mess with the switch arm. I got mine spinning nicely with some small adjustments

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

I added a third wire held by a small metal strip on one end and held by existing screw on other. Eliminated 90% of my air balls.[quoted image]

U can also contact jjp to get the plastic protector they added once le started shipping.

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would they spend $2.5M+ dollars to build inventory that might not ever sell? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

Think you may be surprised how many Wonka's have been sold and how many are still pre ordered and waiting for delivery. I agree 500 is probably too high but im sure at some point they will sell .

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

What parts of the code are the most enjoyable?

I really enjoy the multiball modes. The startup for the wonkavator multi, slugworth muli, and kid multi all get me ramped up. Oompa loopma odyssey is fun and Wonktavania boat mode is intense. To me the game doesn't feel too linear because there are many ways to increase your score and you don't feel like you have to hit the same shots over and over to have a high score or enjoy yourself. Deep enough rules, but not too deep that they are overly complicated.

The whole game is great and love how everything can stack. Every game is usually a different experience and im glad the code and gameplay do not follow the movie in order bc that wld get old.

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Those of you that own both Wonka and potc, which one do you like better? I want both, can barely afford one and debating between a huo potc or nib Wonka LE. Thoughts?

I prefer wonka ... i like the way it shoots more ,code and lightshows are better for me. That being said its my favorite pin ever as of now but dile and potcle are very close behind and all are amazing. You really can't go wrong with any but there something special about wonka that is just so dam fun and i get that one more game feeling alot.

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So got an LE on way (3 weeks or so) but distributor also has an CE... what should I do!
Is it worth the £3K price increase!

Not really but it sure is gorgeous and does have some nice additions. If its a keeper for you and 3k.isnt a huge deal then grab it... if not then the le is plenty beautiful and amazing

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

And still no 2nd ticket ..[quoted image]

Yep . U can get big scores without getting tickets. You really need to focus on getting the tickets... well the mb ones. 3 is definitely possible to get... I'm not sure about the other 2 tho. The gumball one is pretty common to get and the gobstopper mb and kid mb are attainable but difficult.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

really hoping Standard owners can get this. I blew up the camera because of air balls

Yep.. just get ahold of jjp

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any freshly made wonka le s around or they going straight to making ce s ?

Saw some with mid October build dates

#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The final decal version installed ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can't wait to get mine.. its gonna feel.like a new game.

#3065 4 years ago

Check height of gold bolts below lockdown bar
Scour bottom of cabinet for extra random hardware floating around (check speaker magnet too)
Adjust shooter housing to prevent clearance issues with shooter tip hitting auto-plunger
Check Augustus spinner for correct position and clearance for good spin
Ensure Factory ramp deflector is installed
Install left outlane guide post, moving rubber from inlane post over
Check switch gaps on slingshots (both mine needed adjustment - too tight)
Check trough board switches in switch test, be prepared for a failure
I'm missing some stuff - I'll add later when I remember
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Many of these things were addressed allready. Still a good list to check

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Well ... one thing not listed ... the start button needs to be pushed to see if the game starts ... you never know, so keep trying it. I try to check that at least a couple times a day. Yep - it's still working.

Tell me about it.. ive played more pinball in the past month or so then i have in the past year.... all bc of wonka.. it so dam good

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I assume this is just an issue with my machine (which has had over a half dozen issues already), but do anyone else's flippers "chop" when the ball is coming at them at high speed? Particularly my right flipper. By chop I mean when a ball is coming down fast and you hit it, it doesn't travel back up the playfield smoothly, instead the ball does a little hop first. Kind of like hitting a sharp grounder to second base or something. Could it be the flipper isn't perfectly parallel to the playfield? Could just be the ball is picking up a strong spin that's making this happen, too.

Will give this a shot, thanks!

Usually the flipper rubbers need ajusted on the bat better. To high or to low can cause issues

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but ball is having trouble making the boomerang ramp on auto-launch. Strengthening the spring doesn't seem to help. Is there an easy solution?

Boomerang ramp on launch? Also the spring has nothing to do with the auto launch.... sounds like it may need ajusted.... or try setting the power up in the settings.

#3078 4 years ago

I tried to watch the jjp expo video on YouTube but there is no sound . Is it just me having issues? Can anyone else hear it? I wanna see / hear the early Wonka pics and info.

#3081 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You mean MGC. Try this one:

Nope.. they did a expo q@a and it has no sound for me..

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya the one linked has no sound for some reason.

Ok.. if anyone has a good video off jjp at expo please let me know.

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Youtube one has audio.
LTG : )

Not on my end....

#3087 4 years ago

Ill have to try threw my pc or tv.... but it will not work on my phone. Very odd

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I had the same problem,but worked fine on my Ipad and tv

Yep works fine on wife's iphone.. just not my phone... weird..

#3099 4 years ago

Anyone mess with the backbox monitor color settings? Was playing some di last night and its monitor seems much shaper and vibrant. How and where do u even mess with the settings.... anyone have any experience with this?

#3113 4 years ago

Ive owned most pat l pins and wonka and di are my favorite due to the layouts , code, lighting. The 90s stuff is great but can't compare to pats jjp pins imo. Also ill give a slight edge to wonka over di due to the four flippers, better lightshows and i like the code and theme slightly more.

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I noticed there’s no attract music like Woz has. I loved it with Woz would just play through all the play list of music. Wonder why Wonka doesn’t have this feature

It does.. it needs turned on in the settings.

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone mess with the backbox monitor color settings? Was playing some di last night and its monitor seems much shaper and vibrant. How and where do u even mess with the settings.... anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe the adjustment pots are on back of monitor,just pivot screen and look on back I believe

Ok.. ill give it a look. Anyone have some good numbers to set the screen at.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Is it normal for Wonka to take 5 minutes to boot? My WOZ and Hobbit both take about 45 seconds. My Wonka takes consistently about 5 minutes.

Sld b like a min if that...

#3160 4 years ago

New code is nice... added callouts and some new lighting i noticed so far. im

#3163 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with their LE...Sometimes when I hit the wonkavator shot (with super lock lit) the VUK shoots the ball up into the Wonkavator and instead of locking the ball and playing the wonkavator animation, the ball pauses for a second and then drops back down into the playfield. I hit the shot again and the second time it always sticks. I've checked the optos, nothing loose. The problem happens intermittently, but always locks after it drops once ( if it drops) and I hit the super lock shot again. I am running 1.31 and I've check all relevant settings and tests. Any one else having this issue? I do have backboard LED lighting installed, but I doubt its affected the optos that intermittently.
Thanks!

Actually it is possible that the extra lighting is effecting the optos. Maybe turn it off and see if the issue still happens?

#3221 4 years ago

The popping don't bother me .... my jjp pins only do it on startup? Are u alls doing it during gameplay or something? My wpc pins make noise on start up also. As long as it don't do it during play what's it really matter?

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks another mod this game needs is a Polk 10” sub,huge difference in sound quality.
It’s odd because I never felt I needed it on Dialed In

C i felt the opposite.. love it on di but not many low frequency sounds on Wonka?

#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What do you guys have extra ball score set at and how do you change this in menu?

None.. i like stock settings it gives you enough extra balls during gameplay imo.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just joined the club. Out of the box no issues. First JJP for me like that.
I was tying to get a late production game.. my dist just got these and its August made.
Anyone know if there any updated parts needed ? I am not sure about the playfield issues. It looks good to me. Came with 1.26[quoted image]

It sld have all the fixes... there is a newer code tho.

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Lloyd as always your the best. Thanks. I thought maybe this took the place of using your hand to level.
Last question what pitch angle is recommended on Wonka.

Whatever u like but at minimum 6.5.. i recommend 7.0 tho..i put most pins there as 6.5 is very floaty.

#3310 4 years ago

I love the lighting and dont really have any issues following the ball in the dark. However i cld see some people having a issue.. i wld just add spots to the sling area.. that's the only really dark area. This is the issue with all rgb lighting as it makes it kinda dark depending on colors. But potc has a ton of spot lights which is y its ok

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The SE really suffers in the upper left playfield,it’s like they removed the Wonkavator and forgot to replace lighting that was part of Wonkavator.I fixed that and added a shaker from PInball Life

Well they didn't forget.. the wonkavator mech has like 9-10 lights in it.

#3326 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

yeah i got nothing.
bummer for me

There really was much to miss lol

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I added 2 spotlights on the slingshots. But there was a lot of reflexion in the backglass (display) so I have removed them.

Really? I have never seen or heard of that.

#3333 4 years ago

I added 2 spotlights on the slingshots. But there was a lot of reflexion in the backglass (display) so I have removed them.

Maybe try something like this20191116_120541 (resized).jpg20191116_120541 (resized).jpg

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So I just noticed an issue with my decal near flipper game is not even a week old.
Decal is bubbling up and started to crease.
I noticed look bar from factory is very tight..
You think that can cause this ? Do you turn screws in or out to loosen lock bar ?
This is very annoying. I have and played my 30 games on it...one pic is with flash on and other without[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird.. u sure it wasn't like this when u opened the pin up?

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Nothing like have some friends over to see your new $10k machine and every time they plunge the ball, it goes SDTM. They do this three straight times, then walk away saying, "What a waste of money! But, it's beautiful, I guess". Then you tell them they need to nudge it, every time, and they say, "What?!?"
Yeah, good times.

That's pinball sometimes .... I've had many pins over the years be unfair /brutal. Just 2 nights ago i had a bunch of games on bsd where i never even got to flip the flippers lol. Wonka pops can b brutal but u learn to make the best of it. Remember these games are designed to beat u and take your money. Make some minor adjustments to maybe help out some and also explain to company some of the minor rules and especially the short plunge and to stay out of the pops as much as possible. I wld possibly like to c a option in the settings for a pop bumper exit ball save .

#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why the hell did they not use the sound clip You lose,Good day sir
when you tilt?

It's used a few times...not sure where but I have heard it

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So today I bailed out of Vegas to sell my Deadpool pro. The only reason I made the journey is cause I wanted to play wonka. I have a CE on order and was kinda worried paying such a high price for a game I never played. Broke a rule in pinball but I love the theme so I said F it. Dropped off Deadpool, picked up an Atari 720 and headed to a new place called riverside game labs. I got about 5 games and and I will say it’s pretty dam good. Was cracking up at the sound it makes when you hit the pop bumpers. Don’t want to spoil it for those that have not played it yet. Also only had one drain out the pops in the few game’s I played. I have never played a Jjp game before besides woz. It felt very old school bally/ Williams if that makes sense.Can’t wait now for my CE to arrive. As a side note to they did have a stern JP pro and dam that game is really good. Anyway sorry for the long post just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Great game for sure.

Your in for a treat.. Wonka set up nice at home is so much fun. It can be a brutal sob sometimes but thats part of its charm.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya got a taste today and it left me wanting more. Haha, didn’t have much time so I dropped 5$ in and got a little introduction. Can’t wait. Did notice that right ramp didn’t have that plastic on the top so the ball bounced right out a couple times. Sold Deadpool today and picked up an Atari 720 to hold me over hehe

Must b a earlier model ...since july the plastic has been on the right ramp

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I bought Wonka unseen as well (and only my second pin ever in 13 years), but the pedigree of Pat Lawlor and the theme were enough for me. The game has exceeded my wilde(r)est expectations. You are going to love it. Welcome to the Factory!

Its dam good pin.. also I went back and been playing my dile some also..and it's just as amazing. I'm so glad pat signed on to jjp as these are 2 of my favorite pins ever. I'm thinking toy s will b another amazing pin from my favorite duo... jjp and pat l.

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Added my post to the outlane. As everyone on know the supplied rubber is to big. As I was unhappy with just a steel post. Found a rubber cap in one of my kits. Made a hole in the top side and installed it. Works great just enough room for the ball to squeeze by.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea.. my cut ring always moves and or breaks

#3417 4 years ago

has anyone put extra ledstips in the backbox?
I would like to illuminate around the screen with white led strips (no RGB)
how easy is this?

Mine has this

#3420 4 years ago

you did it yourself?

Was like that when I bought it.. it's the kit mentioned above. It is nice and really lights up the backglass nice. I will probably add it to all my jjp pins

1 week later
#3472 4 years ago

Gumby510. Your wonka ce is clearly a lemon.. your best bet is to trade me straight up for my very well playing and very well modded le. Let me know.. thanks

#3487 4 years ago

Nice score man.. the game gets intense the further you dig in. It really is a amazing pin and I think if more people get over the sound and speech/video sync and actually play the game they will be amazed how good it really is. I can't explain why it's so good it just is and the longer I have it the more I like it which is opposite of most pins. I think it will b like potc in a year or so and be very well liked and in demand. I personally like it much more than potc which I will be selling soon to bring in newer pins. I can wait till toy s is released but looks like that cld be a while unfortunately.

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I couldn't agree more.[quoted image]

The sounds and everything else is actually very good and I have no issue with it at all.

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Solved my wonkavator finally. It turned out the screw was blocking the road out, so I have removed it and now it all works (even though it´s ofc abit loose).[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird as the screw don't mess mine or anyone else's up?wonder what is different about yours. Maybe try a smaller flatter screw

#3527 4 years ago

Camera cover? I have the full backglass lighting and have no issue with reflection?

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How would you compare your Wonka to the Stern JP sitting next to it?

They are both good to excellent.. wonka has lots more bells and whistles like the lighting , magnets galore and just great fit and finish. Jp2 shoots nice and has some neat stuff going on the premium/le with lots of shots and ramps. I will be adding the premium soon once I sell a few pins....sucks being out of room bc love my current collection.

#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I played SternJP at Tappers in Indianapolis,free plug for Bud.
Anyway I dropped 5 bucks real quick and seemed like a lot of fun.
I’m thinking maybe in the near future if I can find one with a good playfield

Premiums were all ok I believe... it was the first run of pros that had Pooling /clear issues.

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Not exactly .... I just got a JP pro with the new playfield and it got a massive chip on game 15 UGH!
As for the compare JP to Wonka, its apples to oranges. They play so differently and both are really a lot of fun. I think if I had a choice to only keep one, it would be Wonka.

Where at? In front of the upper flipper at the post?

#3562 4 years ago

Topper has a animated waterfall effect. ..hmm I'd like to see that ...

#3565 4 years ago

New code
.. 1.32

#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Click where it says waterfall in blue letters

Man your fast.. I erased my post but u allready quoted it lol.. .I saw it.. thanks

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There’s three on middle of playfield where the cool little eraser size lights are,you light em up and they will flash when active.Dont expect Addams Family or Dialed In type movement

Quoted from jeffro01:

Silly question perhaps but where are the play field magnets (minus the one I can see below the diverter) and in what modes are they active?
Thanks,
Jeff

Actually theres 6 in middle of the playfield where the clusters of circle lights are... one in between each circle. They are active alot and are always messing with the ball

#3584 4 years ago

That new topper isn't that great and no reason the ce folks sld be upset as both toppers are just ok. I'm not a topper person and dont get the big deal with them as they serve no purpose except for looking at when your not playing.

#3601 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nudge more!

May not have the tilt bob in ... I can't tell you how man times I went to purchase a pin and no tilt was in.

2 weeks later
#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I've made some recent moves, including getting a Wonka LE for the kids and I have to say surprisingly I'm really enjoying it. The new code vs. what I played when it was initially released does a much better job of including more variety in music, call outs and less annoying effects. The announcer is still bad but I remind myself it's Charlie's Grandpa which is prob not right but makes it easier to understand. Rules are not immediately apparent either but I've read up and things make sense with the big screen trying it's best to help....
The layout which was always strong along with the gorgeous cabinet and powder (BIG diff over the standard and the nicest powder they've done with that glitter in it) and jjp quality really makes it stand out in my all of a sudden all Stern collection. I'll never understand why they don't include all the audio with video but there is a ton of video in there which is the most important part.
My game has a lot of mods and that really cool chocolate river topper that was just released by jjp. I'm def going to keep it longer than I anticipated and even though it might eventually see it's way out I have MUCH more respect for this game than before. I absolutely love the wonka theme which helps too and the mk codes throwback is a nice touch although I don't really understand what the majority of them do.
[quoted image]

All the times u argued with me saying how horrible it was....lmao... In typical delt fashion he actually plays it in a home environment like I said too ... and surprise it's not bad and actually great. You sld learn to listen to those who actually own a pin for a while and understand a good pin ..... glad you all are enjoying it and u actually gave it a chance like I told u too instead of writing it off bc of some audio and not matching up to the video..... bc who really cares as the gameplay is what matters in pinball

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Go back and watch the launch streams. I think you’ll find it hasn’t changed that dramatically.
I suspect what has changed is your mindset towards the game - I’m really glad you’ve given it a chance and now see what it has to offer.

Agreed... he was just such a hater on this pin before lol and now look. So many posts on how bad it was . I think its funny when someone actually gives a pin a fighting chance and realizes its actually very well done . Happens all the time unfortunately....

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And not just with this game, either. Hot takes and snap judgements rule the day.
Sometimes I think people are specifically looking for reasons NOT to like pins.

Yep sure seems that way a lot of the time. If it's not exactly how they pictured it to be then it's a total disappointment. Also once a few people find things to pick on it seems many more join in and just go with the flow even if they never played it or seen it lol. Crazy

#3718 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah it's definitely changed but I'll leave it at that. Glad to see the updated code polish has paid off at least for me.

I've played it by myself with full audio on the first offered code. Wasn't for me for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Polished off code has really helped the weaker spots as I always agreed the layout and feel is stellar. Thought I would update my impressions.

As long as this means that every new release that come out you don't say.... "hope they don't wonka it". Was so tired of seeing that in every dam thread with every new pin revealed since the wonka reveal.

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed way too bright.

Yeah I really only got this game bc of the kids and it's turned it to be a pleasant surprise with it's latest code.

I've had since early code and it really hasn't changed much ..... its been tweaked in some places but its basically the same with more callouts and fx added since the last time u stated you played it locally with I believe 1.13 or 1.25 code. Its really the mindset sometimes as you really had that I dont like it mindset bc of a few things you disagreed with. Regardless glad the kids wanted it and you got to try it at home set up nicely. It really is a great game once u dig in.... wait till u see some of the awesome modes and lightshows that go with them...some the best every imo. Dig in and enjoy it for a while with the family and I think it will be well received the more you play.

#3751 4 years ago

Just stopped by to say how much I still play this game a ton and absolutely love it.. even after thousand plays and months of ownership. It's just so dam fun to shoot and the lighting is mesmerizing, plus the code//rules are great. All time favorite....

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's in there, it pops up in a little circle. I believe it's when you hit the GUM targets.

I was gonna say
. I've seen it.. most everything is in there u just need find it lol..

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am running 1.26 on my LE, Is it worth upgrading to the newer code ?

Only takes few minutes so y not? Few new callouts and lighting effects along with fixes.... go for it

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Any one having a problem with balls getting stuck between the metal post with the white 'do-nut ring' and the outlane sling rubbers? My NIB WONKA LE (#235 just delivered yesterday) has that problem. I have to manually remove the ball in order to play; kind of destroys game play flow to say the least. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have removed the rubber do-nut for the time being but not sure if that will lead to other problems. Thanks.

If this is the area your talking about .. this is the best fix people have found imo.
1fe67ca196ae997b32f004f728212271ff7bd34c (resized).jpg1fe67ca196ae997b32f004f728212271ff7bd34c (resized).jpg6ae364e1cc0ad47aeb78c3a52c504afbb1b028b5 (resized).jpg6ae364e1cc0ad47aeb78c3a52c504afbb1b028b5 (resized).jpg

#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

For each golden ticket you enable:
1: oompa loompa odyssey
2: wonka's office
3: ransom (I think that's what it's called?)
4: most secret machine
5: pure imagination
Haven't been to pure imagination yet...

Ransom is when u get 200 wonka bars.

#3776 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

For each golden ticket you enable:
1: oompa loompa odyssey
2: wonka's office
3: ransom (I think that's what it's called?)
4: most secret machine
5: pure imagination
Haven't been to pure imagination yet...

Also the oompa loopa odyssey is started from the captive ball awards I thought?

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I went LE. For me, the Wonkavator was a big feature. It allows for more skill shots when locking a ball. It grabs the ball for Oompa Loompa Odyssey, which allows for a bit of time to breathe. The blue powder coat is pretty, but not essential. The shaker motor is really well integrated, but can be added on. The invisiglass is nice, but can also be purchased later. For me, it was the ease of having it all pre-installed plus the Wonkavator mech.

To add to this it also keeps the ball out of the dangerous pops a fair amount more with the wonkavator lock. That area also has lots of lighting which really brightens up the gane and adds to the amazing lightshows the gane offers. Plus the wonkavator mb intro is super cool with it and the shaker. Add all that plus all the other extras especially the beautiful powder coated stuff and I think it's well worth it.

#3818 4 years ago

Maybe look for a huo le in low to mid 8s?

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea thats an option. I just wasnt sure if I wanted an LE or not...

I think once u c and play one u will.. the fit and finish is just beautiful .

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Now I have to read through all the clear coating issues... That is always a concern..

Another thing to note is that Issue was on the early machine's and se were made first.

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So that issue is not happening anymore?

Seems to have been .... no recent reports anyhow.

#3840 4 years ago

There were le with issues also but I believe most of the first batch se had the clear issue.

#3851 4 years ago

Only cliffys needed is for the switch slots where the wireforms drop the ball in the inlanes. Mylar in shooter lane is all that's needed there. The tv saucer don't need a cliffy due to way it's designed.

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks! The Wonkavator looks great! I dont have the machine yet but working on pulling the trigger. If I do, that is the first mod im buying along with a shaker motor.
Some people on here were talking about backboard lighting that goes along with the playfield lights. I havent seen this offered but curious if you know anything about it?

None that are controlled by the game unless u get a le with all its extra lighting.

#3932 4 years ago

Se is a great value and offers most everything but I knew it was a keeper so I wanted the beautiful le with the full game. Yea you can add lightning and a wonkavator toy but it's still not the same and the game does play fundamentally different in some cases and I'll gladly keep the ball out of those pops as much as possible. Plus alot of lighting is in that area that really adds to the beautiful lightshows. Also I'd rather have the powder coating done so I dont have to take everything apart and have my game down for a little while. Also look for a huo le like I did and save 1000- 1500 over nib +shipping cost then its definitely worth it over the se. I also got lots of awesome mods allready on my game that probably saved me another 600. My advice is if you think it's a keeper pin get the le and enjoy its beauty and everything it offers. Both seem to lose about the same on the used market so if u do need to sell there's that. Good luck and I'm sure whatever you choose u will be happy with.

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:Wonka office is too easy hit one target soon enough and it’s over

Takes 3 shots minimum. Plus you can keep building up the jackpot if you don't finish it out. Up to you how far you wanna build it up and cash out. More of a risk vs reward type mode.

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Se is a great value and offers most everything but I knew it was a keeper so I wanted the beautiful le with the full game. Yea you can add lightning and a wonkavator toy but it's still not the same and the game does play fundamentally different in some cases and I'll gladly keep the ball out of those pops as much as possible. Plus alot of lighting is in that area that really adds to the beautiful lightshows. Also I'd rather have the powder coating done so I dont have to take everything apart and have my game down for a little while. Also look for a huo le like I did and save 1000- 1500 over nib +shipping cost then its definitely worth it over the se. I also got lots of awesome mods allready on my game that probably saved me another 600. My advice is if you think it's a keeper pin get the le and enjoy its beauty and everything it offers. Both seem to lose about the same on the used market so if u do need to sell there's that. Good luck and I'm sure whatever you choose u will be happy with.

To add to this when the ball goes into the wonkavator you then get a new ball safely put into the shooter lane for another skill shot chance and or a chance to get whatever is lit there.... instead of going into the pop bumper area. So as you can see the wonkavator does add to the overall game experience and changes things a fair amount In many cases.

#3938 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

if you got a huo le for $8-$8.5, that’s a great deal and suggests LEs are not holding value very well. If I could have bought an LE for that price, I would have, you did well. I think the SE go for around 7-7300.

Most people are paying 9500le and 7500se.. plus shipping and possible tax. Used se are around 6500 or so and le have been 8500 or so. So both have lost around the same on the used market however not many have been for sale..which is a good thing and says that most like the game. And yes I'm happy with the deal I got especially bc it had a bunch of nice mods that I probably wld not have purchased otherwise. Regardless all wonka versions are very fun to play and it's my favorite pin.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What’s your strategy for high score or collecting golden tickets?

High scores I try build up my wonka bars on ball one and start a bunch of multiballs together. Golden tickets are difficult and you really need to focus on getting them in the mb. Most I've gotten was 3 and it usually just happens with my high score strategy once every 50 games or so lol. I mostly just play/shoot to have fun and stuff starts happening lol.

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s kind of a mirror image to the way I approach it too.Whats you HS?

Around 9 million... and over 300 wonka bars... had a 275 wonka bar game today and saw the ransom mode again which is pretty cool.

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

I'm having an issue with the ball not registering in the saucer. It seems to be hit or miss as sometimes it works and other times it just sits there until the ball locator thingy runs. I tried cleaning it with a lens cloth, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

It uses some kind of new opto board so I don't know much about it. I'd take it out and clean it well and make sure all connections are good on both ends. If that don't work call jjp and ask their opinion.

1 week later
#4099 4 years ago

It's a darker game but I play in the dark and it's fine. Maybe a few spots by the sling and flipper area are needed for some people tho.

#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My Wonka is factory settings with my high score is at 13,425,000

Yep mines 9 mil or so on factory settings at 7-'7.2 angle and I'm usually getting 2-4 mil on regular basis. I've got alot of time on mine lol..

#4152 4 years ago

Maybe some inline resistors for the topper? Different ones can determine how bright you want it?

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I actually realized after i posted that there arent a whole lot of scores added...
What is the average scoring for this?

I average 2-4mil but I know my game very well with over thousand plays .

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

my high is 4.3 mil, but i'm stuck at around 1.8 for an average decent game. what do you guys shoot to boost your point total?

On ball one and 2 try get as many wonka bars as possible built up bc they carry over . Also bash gobstopper on ball 1 to get mb ready and raise your bonus x. If you succeed with getting 100-200 bars built up on ball or one or 2 you usually go on to have a good game starting 3-4 mb and a bunch of modes and getting a extra ball or 2 in the meantime.

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I would love to know what your flipper coil strength settings are at this angle.

Everything is on factory settings... only things changed is left outlane has a post in the lowest hole. I make all shots very easily and sometimes I think about turning them down a notch or 2 but I like how its playing .

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I average 2-4mil but I know my game very well with over thousand plays .

Well just played 10 games or so and most were under a million lol.. it kicked my butt really bad just now.... however I did have a 5 million game and a 4 million game in there too. I swear the new code added some new lighting ? Anyone else notice any?

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

What about adding your own dimming switch?

I'm sure someone like lernmods cld do something fairly inexpensive?

#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Actually, i just updated to 1.31 and it didnt do the noise on start up. I do notice a fair amount of back box noise. Humming or whatever

Is this your first pin or nib pin? Or just first nib or jjp pin?

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So I just fired this bad boy up. Awesome.. But really? Not post on the left? I played two games real quick and all balls drained there. Thats a crazy drain!!
Also, is this how the backbox GI should look? Just looks like a lot of lost artwork with no lights..[quoted image]

Play it for a while you will get better.. it's a tough pin. I have the extra post in and the game is still a butt kicker and that's the only change I made. Also make sure its level and at 6.5-7.0 I prefer them around 7 myself. Just enjoy it for a while and then start looking at mods if you want some. There are alot of great mods that really dress up the pin and add to the experience.

#4221 4 years ago

I think the sound from jjp pins are great.. at least from all the ones I've owned. They make some noise on startup but that's it? You may here the fan if u play at a lower volume but I play with it at around 30.

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I almost feel like a speaker is blown. Something sounds strange from the left side

Go into the sound test and make sure everything is working ok

#4226 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I went through the volume settings. Not sure if I missed something? I actually lowered the settings for all sound to see if I could get rid of that scratchy distortion I'm hearing. No luck

There's a actual sound test in the menu under tests that u can do a bunch of different things with.

#4230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok so I found that sound test and to be honest, it all sounded great. No offense to anyone but I think I'm gonna have to chalk it up to just not the greatest quality of call out sound. That seems to be my issue

Weird I think it sounds good. Anyway you can do short video or something to see if we hear what your saying? I'll post a link to one my vids and see how yours compares.

#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is there a way to turn treble down? When it hits higher notes it distorts

How loud are you putting the volume at? I've had mine up in the 40s and still sounds good.

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I'm at volume 23.. I started messing around with the settings and I did get it to sound a bit better...
On another note, I messed around with thr monitor settings as I felt stock looked a but washed out. I turned down brightness almost all the way and played with contrast. Colors are much more rich and vibrant.
Yes, I'm a visual snob lol

What settings are u at on the monitor.. I've been waiting for someone to do this as I think mine looks a little off also

#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I decided to take off that eye sore by the right ramp which covers the beauty of that powder. Once in a blue moon, a ripper will fall off to the left but I like seeing more of that area and less clear plastic. FYI:[quoted image]

You may wanna get cliffys for the ramp drops especially the left one. Also you can put rubbers on the posts at the left outlane and center divider... just need put on small on on outlane and one of the rubber caps on center lane one.
20200202_144727 (resized).jpg20200202_144727 (resized).jpg

#4251 4 years ago

Woz and hobbit especially do have better sound systems but the cab design was changed for di and everything after. However my potcle, dile and wonkale all sound great and better stock than any other company/pin I have owned. I have a Polk hooked up to all of them and I love the extra bass as it really adds to the experience.

#4298 4 years ago

I've never heard a buzz from any game I have owned that used magnets

#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.. I put in another ticket online this afternoon hoping to get someones attention. I have reseated the connectors (3.5mm). I do not see any RCA connections on this game.
I believe the speaker is defective... Do you happen to know what brand they buy? I also see that a diode is used on the wiring, which I do not have...

Maybe the missing diode is possibly causing the issue? Problem with your issue is u said it's ok in sound test but sounds off during a game. Hard for anyone to do anything to help bc ...I mean what can u do unless we hear or understand what it sounds like. Can a short video capture what your hearing?

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I don't think that works with a normal wonka.
This can only be activated in the menu of the CE.
How should you activate this without changing the software.

Kits can be made for any pin and tied into whatever you want. Rocks custom makes great under cab kits that can tie different colors into different things... super neat...

#4347 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I'm having an issue where the ball goes into the "Super Secret Machine" but doesn't make it's way down the subway. I can see the ball if I look down the hole just kind of sitting there. Any easy fix for this before I call support?
I think I might also have the sound issue. It doesn't sound as clear as my Dialed In. This is an October build as well. rager170 let me know if you get your issue resolved. I'll probably have to do the same.
Otherwise, the game is AMAZING. So many shots, and so much to do.

What angle is the pin set at? Doesn't sound like its steep enough for ball to continue to roll to vuk

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You must want a Wonka pretty bad,to let go of your IJ!

Lol hes had about 10 ij's since I've been in the hobby . Between wh20,tron, ij and shadow I think hes had 5-10 of each over the past 5 years or so lol. Needs to get some newer blood in there

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have been working with Cliff on the trough eject/plunger lane cliffys for Wonka (and JJPOTC) the past several days back and forth and his design template is now tuned in perfect and ready to make some for the masses. If you want that cliffy, email Cliff and add your name to the wait list ([email protected]) - Tell him that I sent you . Note that he doesn't have other cliffys for Wonka other than that currently.
Pinball is fun![quoted image]

They really needed? I use mylar and it works just fine. I use to buy everything from cliff but not all are needed imo. Mylar works the same if not better in many cases. I love cliff and his products but just not needed alot of the time.

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya Cliffys for sure on a stern machine. I didn’t have them on my Deadpool and the shooter lane started to chip after 50 plays. My ce has over 1k plays and looks just like the day I bought it. Mylar should be fine on wonka and cliffys to be even more safe.

I stopped buying shooter lane ones years ago in place of mylar and haven't had one issue or any damage. However for switch slots under wireforms they are needed and at scoops they are needed. Great product and he has saved many pins.

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Mylar is not going to stop the ball from denting the wood with time. Thats the purpose of the metal protectors.. .

Well after thousands of plays on them they have no Mark's or indentions. Even the mylar has no Mark's. I also lower the coil eject power to the almost the minimum it needs ....sterns especially have them set way to high stock.
..jjp are usually ok and a lot less damaging then sterns set up.

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im also really hoping he gets to making a protector for that wonkavision kickout. That one takes a beating between the skill shot and the wonkavision ramp..

The way the hole is designed(beveled edge) it sld be fine . The ball slows down drastically also with the sharp turn most of the time and hit a rubber stop The proto Wonka"s with tons and tons of plays had no issues there.

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Speaking of that kickout. Sometimes with a hard shot to the wonkavision, it jumps out of the kickout spot and doesnt register.
Anyone get that from time to time?

Very very rare ..maybe 3 times since I've owned it. The game will slow down some once you get some more plays on it. After a fresh wax tho it does speed back up again for a bit.

#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

yea i dont have a lot of plays, maybe 40 - 50 and its happened over 10 times probably. thing is fast! maybe i should tone down the flippers..

The game sld start to slow down in next 50 plays or so... also depends on your playfield slope...mines at 7.0. I believe I left my flippers stock but I'll check.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, I also turn down the level for the eject... and yes, Sterns slam so hard against the lane!

Yea different design than jjp.. jjp hits a rubber and squeezes threw tight opening...sterns just slams full speed into the shooter lane basically

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I should be at 6.5 but ill give it another look.

that lower angle is y your having it happen more so . Also just checked my flippers and they are stock.

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought standard was 6.5?

That's where most start and usually the minimum setting. Most people go little more 6.8-7.2... game plays less floaty and just faster overall. I have all my pins at 7.0-7.2 ..bc 6.5 just don't feel right to me. But u can set up any way u want. Also find a little steeper helps issues like your having and less air balls also .

#4443 4 years ago

No issues with new code and I noticed some small new changes. Also it didn't change wonkavator mb video on mine and its same as it was in prior code versions

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a worthwhile diff between the standard and the LE?

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Main physical difference is the se does not have a physical ball lock.
Other differences
Cabinet art
Backglass art
Powder coat
Invisiglass
Shaker motor
Headphone jack

Also the ball lock has lots of rgb lighting that really adds to the allready incredible lightshows. The lock also changes the game for the better as it keeps the ball out of the dangerous pop bumpers more and you also get more chances at the skill shot and computer awards /modes.

#4478 4 years ago

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Your playfield will only get worse over time. It's part of the defective batch.

Can b minimized and greatly slowed down tho if precautions are taken . I have a july also . Hope to get a new playfield soon .

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is there a method to fix the damage/pooling under the ball guides?[quoted image]

Mines the same.. I added rubber and nylon washers after flating it all out. Its holding up ok considering how many plays I put on it. Hope to get a new playfield to swap in at some point. It's my favorite pin and I'll have it for a long long time.

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

good point So do all pf have issues? or just early ones?

First run mostly and not all those are effected. Oct on is usually ok. Thsts the first I seen a chip somewhere other than posts area tho. Usually its confined to under posts where it's not very noticeable and dont effect game play

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Hey guys curious to hear thoughts on theme integration and overall ‘fun’ factor. I know I know. It’s all opinion. I need a lot of time on a pin before I know whether I like or loathe it so looking for peoples thoughts.
I have a medium size collection (12 pins) so I don’t need a pin that does it all. I really just like something that is fun (like monster bash) and/or something that is pretty deep (like my BM66) having both is great...
Thoughts? Thanks!!

Game is excellent imo.. just bc most videos are not synced to voice does not hurt it at all . Gameplay is top notch due to amazing layout and code is plenty deep with lots to do and go for. Light shows are mesmerizing and some of the best ever and I cant get enough if the game even after months and thousand plays....just very well done.

#4508 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

No dice. Took the boards off the trough wiped them down. Once back together after my first Wonkavator lock it kicked out three balls. I'll try new balls tomorrow.

Reheat all the solder pads... or contact jjp for new trough boards

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep - I hit them all, double and then just had super and choked.
What are your strategies? This game still feels somewhat random when I hit the newton or scoop - random modes pop up which I believe is intended (ex - no way to deliberately start good egg right)?

You can control what modes are available by using the ramps.

#4533 4 years ago

This will be my first JJP...is there an easy way to add a sub to Wonka? I don’t see a Kit on pinnovators for it. Thanks

Same as any other.. clip to cab speaker.

#4536 4 years ago

Meaning same as any JJP? Thanks

Same as I do with any brand... I have always clipped them to the cab speaker with no issues.

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s what I always did for every pin, then I bought a pinnovators Pinsub and noticed a very significant difference. Deeper and crisper bass compared to the alligator clips. Now I have them on all my games, including wonka.

Cool.. but it's not needed to use a powered sub. Options are nice tho but the old school way works just fine for my needs. Its pinball not my home theater system lol.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had two pins hooked up to my psw10 with clips, one was wonka, the other Elvira. I was getting feedback from the ground into wonka. It was weird, when wonka was off and Elvira on, the coindoor lights would be lit on wonka. Figured that likely wasn’t good so I got the pinnovators product and the issue went away. I had never seen that before, but you are creating a ground loop when two pins are hooked to the same sub with alligator clips.

Well I've been doing same thing for 6 years and know tons others do same and never had issues ...Obviously it can happen as u had something weird happen but I'm fine with the way it is and I'm sure many others are also. Good to know there is a option out there if we decide to change.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

speaking of subs. I have 3 of the polk ones that everyone loves from amazon that work great. A friend told me his stopped working. I brought it over anf hooked it up to my ST with the pinnovators plug and sure enough it does not work. the green power led comes on but that is it. Only thing I notice is when I flip the 180 toggle switch(Whatever that does) it makes a loud thump. On my working ones that does not happen. Are these things fixable?

Polk has a good warranty from my experience ..maybe u can get it replaced or fixed ?

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a good video tutorial that shows all the modes?

Why do you wanna see everything? Or do you mean a video going over the rules?

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:Do other people have a few loud pops from the speakers when you first turn on Wonka, before the screen starts showing the files being loaded?

Every jjp pin does this.. some louder than others

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was thinking of a mod that would be cool.. If there were some sort of gel insert that can be added to the light below the Gobstopper ball lock of like candies and such.. Kind of like that gel insert for Metallica with the skulls on that light.
Also, anyone have any concerns that the decal on the gobstopper hole will begin to get torn up or worn with time?

The met mod is just translucent paper but it is nice addition. I suppose one done right wld look neat and fill that night clear insert. Mine has the big points decal which really looks nice . The gobstopper decal is pretty robust but I'm guessing over years and years it cld wear but if so someone will make them if jjp dont.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh interesting.. I dont think mine says Big Points... But yes, same idea as metallica.. Would love to see a translucent paper that has images of candy, like what is on the backglass or similar.
And yes, the decal seems thicker but just like everything else on a pin, they wear with time.

Someone makes the big points decal... it was on prototype wonka"s.
20200220_120140 (resized).jpg20200220_120140 (resized).jpg

#4561 4 years ago

No idea but looks better than empty insert lol.. was on my pin when I bought it. I suppose if someone comes out with something else I wld change it.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

rules. I used to watch bowen PAPA vids before getting williams pins....

There are some streams on YouTube explaining the rules I believe...I'll try find some

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, does anyone know if there are controls on the wonkavision tv? I always like to tweak the brightness and contract if possible. Havent looked.. just popped into my head.

Some dialed in came with a controller that plugged in to the screen to ajust. I'm guessing there is one for this one also.. maybe jjp sells it ? I'd try contacting them to see.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is that metallica mod with the skulls. Id love to see this for Wonka but with candies similar to what is on the back box..
https://pinballpro.net/shop/metallica-pinball-coffin-insert/

I have this on my met... maybe same guy who makes it can come up with something .

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I have a Wonka SE and I installed the headphone adapter. It works, however since I installed it. The game now turns on, then off, the on again and boots fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Here is a video.

No idea what's going on there but
I'd unhook it till u figure it out.... these games don't like to be turned on/ off consecutively like that and it can cause other issues.

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

NIB LE arriving tomorrow. My first pin! I am pretty sure I will need to take the backbox off to get it upstairs with two people and a hand truck. Has anyone done this? What about taking out the playfield to reduce weight? Is this practical?
We can probably muscle it up, but making it as light as possible seems like a good idea--safest for the machine and people involved.

Backbox yes not to horrible but wld not remove the playfield . Good luck shes a heavy one. I wld just get as much help as you can and not take anything apart if I didn't have to. Good luck and great choice on a awesome pin

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I'm going standard next. The prices they go for now are insane (6.5k for that much game - I can live without the upgrades).

It sure is lots game for that but I know nib ones can b had for 7200 also but I'd still get a lightly modded huo one for 6500-6800.... as fast as you go threw things standard makes most sense lol. But for long time keepers I go for huo modded le versions . You did good getting that potc bc wonka is easy to get compared to it and for much cheaper. The guy that got your wonka le seems to b very happy also.

#4664 4 years ago

Few mushrooms and other mods.. 1fb3b88a698a3858a56419ec91c3e271b57b05c9 (resized).jpg1fb3b88a698a3858a56419ec91c3e271b57b05c9 (resized).jpg

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you hitting it flush and it doesn’t register?That shot is doable from left or right flipper and should move easily

Also from upper right flipper

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is normal for this title

And all jjp pins

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My Dialed In is hardly noticeable
The Wonka is scary

Yea they vary but I've owned them.all and they all do it... my potc is the worst

1 week later
#4763 4 years ago

Just popped in to mention how much I still play this pin after 6+,months of ownership and absolutely love love love it. Wonka le and di le are just amazing pins that shoot so well and flow awesome with not to confuseing of a ruleset. Definitely keepers for the long haul and can't wait to see what toy story offers. Thats all...now back to playing...

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm SUPER excited to get this pin. I've been an avid arcade game collector since 2004, but never owned a pin. My girlfriend has 3 pins (TZ, LOTR and TFTC - all pins I love and have helped her repair & mod). When I moved into my apartment, I knew that I could only fit one pin in my place and reserved that space. Since I could only fit one pin, I wanted to splurge and get a NIB pin. Up to that point, I was set on Houdini...and then Wonka was announced. The theme had me, but I wasn't sold until I could play it, hoping like crazy that it was a fun pin to play. To my delight it surpassed my expectations. So much that I've already got all of the mods I wanted in preparation LOL.
Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm stoked.

Thank goodness ..u dodged a bullet with Houdini lol. A friend had a huo one for really cheap so I gave it a try... it just didn't play real great even after tons of tweaks it just fell flat. Wonka is so much better than it and most pins for that matter so great choice . It will do well as a one pin collection. Its basically all I've played in 7 months and I have some awesome pins imo.

2 weeks later
#4825 3 years ago

Yay.....20200331_203841 (resized).jpg20200331_203841 (resized).jpg

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yay.....[quoted image]

It looks like glass and is absolutely beautiful (nicest I've seen). My game plays fine and none of the pooling is messing with gameplay so a swap will be way down the road unless it littlery just starts falling apart. Wanna thank jjp as they didn't have to send a playfield. They have always been great to me even if it was out of warranty or I wasnt the original buyer and for that reason I will continue to purchase their pins . Plus they make the best home games imo.

#4829 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Grats.
Would love to see some better pictures of it.

Allready boxed it back up and put it away.... but trust me it is beautiful and u can c it was buffed and waxed also. It's so shiny and reflective like a piece of glass... incredible. Had a Made on date of feb 6 2020.

#4833 3 years ago

Im am curious on what is the best way to store this new playfield..

1 week later
#4891 3 years ago

Tons of short games followed by a nice medium to longer game is about normal for Wonka which is y I love it.

1 week later
#4915 3 years ago

Dont go by the bubble as they vary and are not very accurate ...its a starting point but use a phone app or even better a inclineometer. Jjp pins imo play best around 7.0-7.2 between the flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
341 posts in this topic match your search for posts by bigd1979. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.