IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6692 3 years ago

I was looking around for an LE, but the only thing I could find left was old new stock and I didn’t want to take the pooling risk. So I closed my eyes and bought a late model CE. It should be here in a week or so. I’ve already ordered pinstadium neo’s for it (and WOZ, while I was at it). Any other must have mods? Once GNR shows up I’ll have the entire JJP line up. Unfortunately I don’t have a row long enough in my arcade to keep them all together . First world problem, I know. The arcade is keeping me sane this year while isolating.

#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just got my CE last week and it was shipped directly from the factory. Build date was 12/23/19 on it. There is ZERO pooling, it is beautiful. I added the mushroom mods (4 each), mezel mods factory with pipe (I like how the wheel turns when the ball goes through it), lighted ramp signs, chocolate bars, color plastic protectors, mod couple wonkavator, and a set of Neo's...best mod out there. GUNSLE on the way.

Wow, that’s quite the list! Thanks for sharing.

1 month later
#7017 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Joined the wonka CE fam today and like alot of you, didn't think about using sideart protectors before lifting the playfield and got a knick on each side Does JJp sell replacements that yall know of?

I did the same thing, but only on one side. I’ve never had this problem before. I’m ordering protectors...

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Here is what came with my NIB CE. They were placed inside the cabinet, I was surprised to find them in there. Perhaps it's something JJP just started?
[quoted image]

Seriously? Crap.. if I discover I have them in my cab I’m going to be even more annoyed.

6 months later
#9013 2 years ago

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.34 to 1.38 via the Internet. Image downloaded and verified quickly but the update has been hanging for 30 min so far. I suspect it will never finish. Anyone else?

1767A6A1-3843-4EC7-A7AA-155427CCE5D7 (resized).jpeg1767A6A1-3843-4EC7-A7AA-155427CCE5D7 (resized).jpeg
#9016 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn off. Try again. If it hangs again use the USB stick method.
LTG : )

Thanks for the fast reply, as usual

So I gave on the network after trying it a few times. I've now also tried:

1. USB delta update method - twice, with different size/speed USB sticks
2. USB full upgrade method - three times, with different size/speed USB sticks. Once using a windows machine to create the image, once with a Mac, and roofus and unetbootin. All get to "mounting /dev/usb" but then eventually boot into the game code instead of the updater. However, once it's in the normal bootloader it's too late for the full install anyway.

On a whim, I created a virtual machine on parallels and booted the image ... and it works. So the USB stick is good. Is there a chance the BIOS on the machine isn't set with USB as priority? I tried to test that theory by connecting a keyboard, but I can't get into the BIOS as it is password protected. I'm sure there is a jumper somewhere where I could reset everything and get past it, but that seems a bit extreme.

EDIT: I also tried a different USB port with the same results.

Any suggestions?

#9019 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe the computer experts here might have a better answer.
I doubt bios setting.
Myself, I think I'd save my settings on a separate usb stick. Then stick a new hard drive in there, and then try the full install.

I'd probably be considered a computer expert, but I haven't played around with JJP machines at that level (yet, I guess). I could replace the SSD ... and since that wouldn't be bootable it may fall back onto the USB. That's a thought. In fact I should try booting without the SSD and see what happens.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

How is your USB stick formatted? (Ntfs, fat32, exfat, etc.). Make sure it's the same as what is required. I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is. Probably fat32.

fat32, MBR.

#9021 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe the computer experts here might have a better answer.
I doubt bios setting.
Myself, I think I'd save my settings on a separate usb stick. Then stick a new hard drive in there, and then try the full install.

Quoted from chillme:

1/34 has a bug that prevents upgrades via Wifi. This was fixed in 1.35. You need to do the upgrade via USB. You can grab the delta upgrade file (which is what was downloaded via WiFi) and do the upgrade from the USB stick. Or do the whole image of 1.38 on a bootable USB drive, more of a pain to create the boot drive.
Snippet from V1.35 release notes.
=== Core Code
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.34 to not be able to update over wifi.
owners with games on that version can download the USB update from our
website to get the game to update

Already tried all of the above.

I just disconnected the SSD and it boots directly into the BIOS password screen. So I think I’m going to have to open a support case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=andrewket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.