IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#518 4 years ago

Everyone needs to stop encouraging Pat Lawlor to do a cartwheel. If he breaks a hip, I'm gonna have to learn to like Steve Ritchie games...

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Here's the archive of the standard running 1.07 code on a production model. Sorry for the light glare over the wonkavision. it was light escaping the backglass.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444771092
A couple takeaways:
Artwork has a shine on the cabinet that is beautiful. Playfield light shows are impressive and there are a ton of callouts.
Wonkavator locks are digital, as promised, and carry over across games. There is a display telling you where the status of the locks are at. Love that and feels good to have that there on the standard. No noticeable imperfections from the build quality and no adjustments needed to play.
Flow is awesome on the ramps and the upper flippers shots feel so rewarding. Left flipper leads to one of the most rewarding spinner shots I've ever had.
I expect there will be a lot of love for this one.

Wonkavator locks carry over? I read somewhere else (prior to release) they did not do this in the SE. Great news! Thanks for posting the stream, also.

1 week later
#748 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for hanging out and putting up some scores for me to work on
I think the bottom line on this pin is that it cannot be judged on a hot take - it requires time to learn and appreciate.

I enjoyed the streams and the comments from you and Gasoline, as well as the interview on Kaneda's. Last night I decided to finally take the plunge and hopefully my SE will be arriving next week!

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just fixed this issue, it was taking a while for the ball to get ejected to the playfield. The fix isn’t too bad, but the assembly is pretty large and there are six optos attached to it so be mindful. The process is to remove all 8 screws holding the mech to the playfield. You won’t be able to disconnect the mech from the game, at least not easily, as there are wires running all over the place and everything is bundled. Before removing the mech, have a file/rasp and a razor knife on hand.
1. Remove all 8 screws saving the two outer ones for last so it’s easier to handle.
2. Once the screws are removed, Hold the mech in your left hand and slowly lower it so you can see inside and access/inspect the coil sleeve. If you can feel the sleeve with your finger, it’s too long.
3. Using the razor knife, slice away as much of the sleeve as you can and then finish with the file/rasp. Once it’s flush with the metal, it’s done. Push the plunger down to make sure there is no binding and it moves freely.
4. Reassemble.
If anyone needs pics or more details, let me know, but it should be pretty obvious what to do.

Kind of awful that this needs to be done with a brand new pinball.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here are some pics. Black circles are the screws to remove last. Yellow arrow points to the coil's sleeve you want to check. Yellow circle is the entire mech.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. Mine is supposed to arrive this week and I hope I won't need them!

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is 100% about location play.
Even Jack passively admits it on the Slap Save stream.
That market is growing BIG TIME
It's really disappointing but it is what it is.
Jack's comment that Woz will be just the beginning and it only gets better from here is just not reality. Never will be.

I hate to break this to you, but 100% of the games from the Golden Age of Bally/Williams were also for location play.

Play the game if you can. Then make up your mind.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Anyone else receive a game with code 1.02? Mine arrived with this code, and I can't update it until the full 1.07 download is available on the JJP website.

Maybe if you contact JJP they can help?

#847 4 years ago

Yeah, that probably came across as condescending and I didn’t mean it that way. But still, I think we’re in a better place than we think we are. Wonka seems far deeper than anything from the golden age I referred to. Keep an open mind and play it before thinking it’s all doom and gloom!

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had the same experience. I have not tried the upper plugged hole.
Running the post without the rubber seemed to make it worse so I just took it out.
I’m forcing myself to learn to defend against it.

So is the hole drilled wrong? Is there a post position that could split the difference that they didn’t find in time for release?

#853 4 years ago

My Wonka arrived today, so I am now officially a member of the club! I have a lot of tweaking to do to it and I'm pretty sure my initial leveling job was sloppy, but the thing plays and feels like a dream. Almost killed myself and two others getting it up the stairs in this heat.

I'll be sure to write back in a little bit to ask about something that I've broken. At the moment I'm like a kid in a candy store. Or factory. Yes, factory.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've had some minor issues with balls in the gobstopper subway. The symptom is a lot of clicks, followed by the sound of a coin flattening on the desk and finally the VUK pop. In my case it always eventually worked before ball search kicked in.
The first thing I did was bump the VUK from 18 to 20, which did not fix the issue.
I saw this helpful writeup from lermods so I got an exacto knife and file and performed the surgery to remove the coil sleeve lip and make it flush in the mech. Unfortunately the problem persisted, to my surprise!
At this point I backed the VUK back down to the default of 18 and tried the other setting, the Gobstopper Lock Coil. I changed that one to 20 and the problem is fixed.
Every machine is different; I bring all this up just to suggest people bump the lock coil first before disassembling as it's way easier and might be all that you need.

I had this issue and bumped the Gobstopper Lock Coil to 20. Didn't fix it. Bumped VUK to 20 and that seemed to work. I guess I'll dial GLC back to 18 and see if that works. You're right, every one is different.

#855 4 years ago

OK FIRST ISSUE! That didn't take long.

We were playing and suddenly heard a "THUNK" sound as a ball drained. The ball had fallen into the cabinet! It appears that the back end of my trough is completely open. Is a part missing, or is this normal? I also noted that one of the trough screws wasn't all the way flush so I tightened it a little. For now I have a business card blocking the hole but that can't be normal.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Its normal. I have the same issue, posted above somewhere. I took the packing foam around the tilt, and cut it a bit to make it fit, and stuffed it into the hole about half an inch until i can make a better fix out of rubber or have someone 3d print something

Ok, thanks. Sure seems like an odd design choice. The pin seems to be level, so I don't think that is to blame for balls just falling down into the cabinet like that.

I will also note something else: The wire surround for the tilt bobber was not set up right. The bobber was making constant contact with the side. I gently bent the wire and it seems to be ok now.

#863 4 years ago

@frobozz

I couldn't figure out how to send them privately, but here are some pics of my trough. Balls falling out into the cabinet are a regular occurrance. If you need different angles, let me know. Thank you!

IMG_8771 (resized).JPGIMG_8771 (resized).JPGIMG_8774 (resized).JPGIMG_8774 (resized).JPGIMG_8775 (resized).JPGIMG_8775 (resized).JPGIMG_8776 (resized).JPGIMG_8776 (resized).JPGIMG_8777 (resized).JPGIMG_8777 (resized).JPG
#873 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Air ball snapped camera at the base and Oompa lost a hand.
Temp hack job fix complete.[quoted image][quoted image]

Poor little guy! I’m getting some random air balls off of the factory ramp. Something about the wireform seems odd there. I’ll have to post a pic when I get back home.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Standard ball trough used on Williams games, Remakes, JJP games, etc.
Be sure your playfield is level left to right. Hasn't been an issue on other games.
LTG : )

Thanks. I’ve leveled it with a few different options and I’m still having the issue. (For whatever reason it seems to happen to the wife more often than me so she must be doing something special). I’ll keep fiddling with it...

#892 4 years ago

Question for other owners:

As you can see in the photo, part of the wireform coming from the Factory ramp is inside of the plastic. Is everyone else's ramp wireform like this or did they not install mine correctly? I am wondering if this is responsible for some of the airballs I get off of this ramp.

IMG_8779 (resized).jpgIMG_8779 (resized).jpg
#894 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I had an odd stuck ball last night.[quoted image]

Looks like your wire is outside, unlike mine, which sort of answered my question. I'm starting to wonder if the QA inspector on my machine was already thinking about the weekend when mine came off the line...

#901 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Mine is outside the ramp, I get an airball every other game. I thought about trying to lift the wireform support near the captive ball a half inch or so but the air balls are too rare to even care really.

Until they shatter your Oompa Loompa!

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your collection TZ and Wonka
That’s a hell of a contrast isn’t it?
I owned TZ years ago I loved it and then one I didn’t.Its a lot of work where as I’m assuming Wonka is just fun.

Haha! Yep. Obviously I’m a Lawlor fan and TZ was my go-to favorite pin back in college. I’ve owned it for about 13 years now and if I’m being honest, it stays broke more often than it works (that’s part of the fun though, right? Maybe?).

Wonka is a nice change of pace while still having that great PL shot geometry. It shoots great. It is approachable for casual players while still feeling very deep. I got back into the hobby recently after a hiatus and my wife loved the WOZ we played at a location nearby. I was considering getting a second pin and when Wonka was announced it seemed like perfect timing.

I think it complements TZ pretty well.

For example: both games are ridiculously heavy. My body is a solid ball of pain after dragging that thing up the stairs yesterday.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Is anyone getting airballs off the right ramp, with the lower left flipper at the default power setting?

I've had a few here and there. In fact, I had one just now on a game. That said, I still need to fix the incorrectly installed wire frame, but I'm not sure if it would have made a difference.

#927 4 years ago

Sad. Reading this makes me wonder if her health and mental state had any influence on why Violet doesn't seem to be in the actual game all that much (ie: was her permission sought for any parts of her voice or likeness, and was she unable to provide that approval?). Has anyone seen the "blueberry" imagery anywhere, for example? There's a ton I haven't seen of this game yet, but it does seem like a notable omission.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/willy-wonka-actress-denise-nickerson-dies-at-62

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When you complete her character she is shown as a blueberry in the popup.

Ah, copy that. I'm rarely looking up so I haven't seen that. Disregard my theory!

#941 4 years ago

I have temporarily fixed the issue of balls falling out of the trough mid-game using a piece of packing foam and some masking tape. It is the most low rent fix for a brand new pinball machine ever, but it's something.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is so weird. It has to be some kind of leveling issue, right? I know you confirmed the leveling, but is the trough fully screwed into the playfield and flush like it should be?
Maybe a zip tie across the back would be slightly less wonky...

One of the screws near the hole WAS not all the way when when I first got it. I have since tightened it but the issue is still there. I can't understand it either. The worst part is that it always seems to happen in the middle of a crazy mode or multiball and it just kills the momentum (not to mention the ball save).

I got a private message from a JJP employee after I posted my pictures and he said a fix was coming. I don't know more than that. Perhaps a few models had some faulty troughs? From the cross section posted here, it is clear that I'm not the only one with the issue. As you said, each machine is different...

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's great to hear. My wife and I only have mediocre skills, so as we get better and progress through getting more golden tickets, this would reward us and give us something more to look forward too (strive for). Can't wait to get ours.

My wife absolutely loves this machine. We keep going back and forth trying to top each other’s scores and see who can take the worst picture.

Funny story: I came home from work and she was grinning ear to ear. Apparently she got the 3rd Wonkavator lock, and proceeded to beat most of the mode scores AND my GC. The best part was this: she confessed that when the 2nd ball drained, she actually went and did her hair and makeup real quick so that she would take a great picture, and then she proceeded to seal the deal! To think that this wasn’t even a thing just a few years ago...

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Got a shipment in today
First LE ready to go to the customer tomorrow. Is this the first LE in the world?[quoted image]

So do you have to box it back up before you ship it to him? Does the customer know you opened it up?

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

That would depend on the value one assigns for the blue powder coating, invisiglass, shaker motor, blue wire forms, external sound, and different art package. I think the LE looks great!
Any rumors as to when the CE will be shown?

I think this will be the first JJP where the SE is actually the decent bet for the money.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can install both a shaker and invisiglass for WAY less than $2K, unless I'm missing something?

I’m going to add a shaker to my SE, which will cost about $130. I don’t care about invisiglass at this time. The Wonkavator rules still work on the SE (just ask my GC wife...) and I like the black power coating - the game is still beautiful. To each their own, but the upgrades were not worth it to me (or maybe I just have less disposable income than some people). With the exception of a few mechanical issues, I am extremely thrilled with my SE purchase.

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had it installed briefly. If you have a rubber on it, the ball gets stuck. If you put it in without rubber, the help it offers is dubious.

I haven't installed mine yet, but I have heard similar. Would a smaller thickness of rubber than what they provide be a good sweet spot?

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so got my new ball trough today. Both because of my trough gap and because of an opto (have to send old one back)... UPS apparently hates pinball because they kicked the crap out of the box.
[quoted image]
Fortunately whoever packed it used some good bubble wrap, everything looks intact. Before installing it wanted to take a measurement so I put a battery along the top so I had a surface to measure. It looks like I'm at 26.3mm which means I probably won't have the stuck ball issue anymore either. If I had to guess, the part was probably modeled at 26.5mm nominal with a plus or minus .5mm. This likely means some people will have zero issues, some will have issues only sometimes (if ball wedges itself), and a select few may have a gap big enough so the balls may drain right into the cabinet. I still don't get why this was increased 2.5mm from the original williams trough design? Make it your own fine, but make sure your tolerance stackup works.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting these pics and explanation. I am firmly in the latter group. You could pass a small child out of the back of my ball trough (or several pinball sized objects in the middle of a game).

#1096 4 years ago

Anyone else have this thing where as SOON as you start Wonkatania mode you promptly drain? They said on the SWL/FlipNOut stream the other day that this mode will occasionally (but not always) feature Wonka's amazing scream that, in the movie, comes before "STOP THE BOAT!"

I am never going to hear that scream in game at this rate.

#1105 4 years ago

Please don't rain..... please don't rain..... please don't rain.....
[quoted image]

Drive like the wind!

When mine arrived it was cloudy and thundering. Wonka had to make it up more than a few steps up to the deck and to safety and I was worried about getting it upstairs in time. After calling a neighbor for help, we managed to get it safely inside the house. I joked later that if it had started to rain, I would have become like one of those mothers who lifts a car off of their child and pulled the machine up the steps by myself.

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I got an email that my LE shipped today (Friday) or will on Monday. At least I hope that it meant that. If not, then next week. So, yes ... the LEs are shipping out to home owners.

Be sure to post some pics. You're going to love this machine!

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just played my Dialed In I think it’s Lawlor’s best!If You already have DI is it wise to get Wonka?

My other pin is a Twilight Zone (man, I need to make that into a bumper sticker!). I would have called it Lawlor's best. Wonka is an excellent companion to it. Even though the designer is the same, the games play completely different. I didn't realize how much I missed pinball mainstays like captive balls and spinners because all of the marquee toys on TZ were the focal points.

As for getting it when you already own DI, I guess it comes down to theme. Wonka was a dream theme for me, and I felt like they really delivered.

#1192 4 years ago

I encountered a weird bug/ crash last night. My wife and I were playing a 2 player game and she was up. She hit the 2nd Super Lock (Wonkavator) and as soon as the screen came up, the audio got slow and choppy, then cut. The screen remained frozen and then the playfield started to follow suit. The light show slowed down and the Gobstopper slowly stopped spinning until eventually everything was frozen (the flippers were still working but no target hits were registering).

Rebooting the game cleared it, but this is the first time I've had the pinball equivalent of a BSOD. Anyone ever seen something similar? This is 1.09SE by the way.

EDIT/Update: I submitted the bug report to JJP Support on this.

#1194 4 years ago

My ball trough opto is malfunctioning. Switch test shows the "stuck ball switch" intermittently showing closed/open/closed/open. This is causing the game to trigger the coil at the end of the trough, pushing a ball into the shooter lane. Then the launcher shoots it into play. This is happening pretty much continuously now, until all 6 balls are launched out of the trough.
Speaking with tech support, I'm told that this is/was a known issue. Apparently to meet production demands for the timeframe from announcement to launch, JJP had to use an extra pcb builder to manufacture the opto boards because their current manufacturer wasn't capable of the increased production needed. The bad boards are supposedly coming from that builder. The malfunctioning opto boards were being fished out of the line (and replaced) as they failed, but some lasted long enough to make it out of the factory. Mine is one of those.
I'm being told that a replacement part is on the way. Here's hoping they send a good one?

Out of curiosity, what is the born-on date for your Wonka?

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a bug yesterday where the saucer just kept registering over and over, and did not eject the ball. Nothing was wrong with the ejector, as it kicked it out with ball search after I forced a tilt, and behaved properly thereafter.
I caught it on video and tweeted it to @JJPSoftware.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456541117

I downloaded the logs from the machine and sent them to JJP per their request.

Full Menu -> Utilities -> Dump Logs

#1198 4 years ago

6/27/19. 105th game off the line.

Same date as mine. I haven't had any issues with the trough optos (yet) thankfully. Trough itself used to throw balls down into the cabinet on drains until I fixed it with masking tape and a piece of packing material (yep). Waiting on word of an official fix on that one.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Those pics are stunning. Looks like they added a clear plastic protector on the right wire form to keep the ball from flying out. I've seen that happen a few times on zaphx stream. Glad to see they've already added a fix.

Yeah, I hope they get this out to existing owners. I get a lot of air balls off of that ramp and it is just a matter of time. I even dialed down the flipper strength by 2, which is not an ideal long term fix (or a reliable solution).

#1233 4 years ago

I've got a couple hundred games in already on my SE, and I don't miss it one bit.
I'll be purchasing a shaker, volume control & headphone jack, and some kind of wonkavator replacement toy for the upper left corner. The other $1500? I'll pocket it towards my next JJP pin

My shaker motor is on the way now. The price of the SE fit my budget and I am very happy with it. One interesting thing about Super Lock and Wonkavator multiball on the SE is that not having the game wait for a physical lock actually makes for better/ faster flow. The game registers the lock and keeps right on going. I have had multiple games where I actually managed all 3 Wonkavator locks in a single game, and I am not particularly great at this (or any other) pin.

I am watching what the modders come up with and maybe one day I will add something to the back corner where the LE/CE physical lock is. Nothing currently out there is doing it for me and I am in no rush.

#1238 4 years ago

Not likely. I'd be happy with an "out-of-the-field" toy that eats up the empty space.

That huge flat piece of plastic is just begging for something interesting.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woooohoooo!! Joined the club today. Lots to talk about. Will upload photos first, then come back and edit/describe some stuff. Revisit this post until this sentence is deleted as I will add as I go. I've played the standard several times at locations … I really like the extra bling and wonkavator. But … when I got a 5 ball kid multiball, it stole one ball from the wonkavator, then I had to re-lock the second ball again. Does that happen with a standard.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

Also, that new metal piece on the back of the ball trough is the sexiest pic I've seen in this thread yet.

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Will currently SE owners that already have their machine be shipped this replacement ball trough? There is a real issue with the ball trough in the SE models.

Everything JJP has told me leads me to believe that this is the case. They are also aware of the air ball issue (the plastic Factory Ramp “roof”) and the more fragile Oompa Loompas, which should be getting an upgrade as well. I expect us SE owners who just COULDN’T WAIT TO HAVE IT will have an option for these soon.

On that note, everyone please make sure you have registered your game with JJP as soon as possible, and if you have crashes or mechanical issues, contact customer service and make them known. This information will make everyone’s life easier (especially yours if an issue is related to a bad board or other item) and is ultimately a lot more productive than airing out every issue on the forums first.

#1318 4 years ago

I installed a JJP shaker motor on my Wonka SE yesterday. Installation was super easy: the posts are already in place and the hardware is included. You just need a screwdriver and about 5-10 spare minutes.

The effect is subtle and not overused, as has been noted by others. It shakes when the Gobstopper target is hit and during certain modes. The most fun surprise was when Wonkatania Mania (Stop the Boat!) mode activated. The game starts to "pulse" in a rhythm that makes it feel like you are in a rowing boat! Very cool and a must-have addition for SE owners.

As has been stated, you can order them from Pinball Life, and I have heard (but not confirmed) that you can order them directly from JJP as well.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

How much did that run you with shipping?

Yeah about $160 sounds right. I of course can not order just one thing. I also got some misc parts I need for my other machine and I replaced the flipper rubbers this game came with (which started to flake and wear VERY quickly...) with some silicone ones.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Excited to be in the club! Now to figure out what the hell I'm shooting for.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! This game is quite something.

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Anybody else find it hard to believe that most of the 500 of the CE models have been sold? Final package has yet to be unveiled and it goes for $12,500.
Game is great but I don’t have FOMO and think interested pin heads will be able to buy one from distributors for a long time.

So buy one then? Why do you care?

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anyone know where to get side blades for Wonka?

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/willy-wonka

These are the only ones I have seen so far. I am interested to see what the official JJP ones are, as well as what other companies may come up with. Overall, not very many of the mods I have seen early on for this game seem like must haves at this point. I hope we will see more options as time passes.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I bought 4 or 5 mods from the ModCouple. I think the factory is my favorite and looks 100x better than the stock one on the pin.

Anything would be an improvement over the butter box! I agree that the Factory is well done, though I would like to see one in person because it looks like it crowds the Gobstopper a bit.

Mezel has an alternate version in progress per this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods#post-5128076

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

The black rubber tip on the shooter rod broke today. I have around 650 plays. doh!

Mine broke at about 275 games and the flipper rubbers were also flaking bad. Cheap rubbers on these. I also keep a few on hand so I didn’t miss a beat. Put silicon (purple!) on all the flippers.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from fusion:

Any of you new LE owners have any problems with the clearcoat on the playfields? Ive got an LE preordered but have been waiting to see if JJP have sorted out the issue they had with POTC.

There are still issues with this on the SEs. I would advise people to apply neoprene washers ASAP if you see bubbling. Mine looked like they screwed the star posts down with an impact wrench.

D02C0FAC-C917-4CCD-BFA0-C1C7EFCA0BE5 (resized).jpegD02C0FAC-C917-4CCD-BFA0-C1C7EFCA0BE5 (resized).jpegF09B3CD2-FDE1-40C8-9837-D2110C690132 (resized).jpegF09B3CD2-FDE1-40C8-9837-D2110C690132 (resized).jpeg
#1545 4 years ago

Another reminder to all new owners: register your Wonkas with JJP immediately and report any and all issues with customer service.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Where do you suggest getting neoprene washers? I don’t notice any rippling on mine but would like to avoid the issue if possible.

You can buy them from Lowe’s (see the POTC thread for links) or you can contact JJP and they will send you the same kit they sent to POTC owners who had the same issue.

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I adjusted the post from factory settings and it makes the game very forgiving. Added the extra right post and lower the left post and it gives you a fighting chance might just leave it. Also added mirror blades, some modes and oompah loops, and white flippers its starting to look good.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been really considering moving that right post down as well. Did you have to remove those plastics to get to it? I JUST got done taking the slings apart to install washers. Guess I'll be opening the patient up again this week...

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

It can be added directly from jjp. I asked about it last week and here is the email from JJP:
“Hello Dan,
Part number 99-030009-00 Headphone Jack Assy-Price-$43.99
Part number 19-003115-01-Headphone Jack Harness-Price- $39.99
Plus shipping and handling”

Beware their shipping and handling fees. Apparently they ONLY use UPS. I got quoted $22 in shipping fees when I tried to buy a $20 ball cap from them.

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

USPS Priority is available also

I was not given that option by sales:

"I had your address in our UPS history, shipping a 0.2-1 pound package would be $19.05 plus a 3$ handling fee."

If I go through the website, I have these options:

UPS® Ground: $23.07
USPS Priority International: $39.00

Keep in mind, I am within the continental United States.

I love the game and would like to get some JJP merch (if most of it ever gets restocked), but those prices are ridiculous for something like a ball cap.

#1649 4 years ago

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

so, i finally got the new coil from JJP for the left lane magnet. it works great!
while i was bummed to have a technical issue on my first JJP, as many others appear to have been with other issues, i still can say this game is the best JJP yet. i cant stop playing it. even while my magnet was busted, i played until i couldn't see straight. its that addictive. this game makes me smile, and that's what pinball is for. if a game does not make you smile, sell it.
i love that there's a BUNCH of paths the player can take to accomplish myriad goals in the game. i still can't believe the lightshow is so awesome, and beautifully colorful. the game is truly a masterpiece, like TZ or TAF. It is absolutely the best shooting game i've ever played. i actually am enjoying the music and sounds more with each game. i feel like they really crammed so many sounds into this game; I appreciate the effort. I don't miss the movie audio, but it would make the game better.
I highly recommend this game. get the games fixed and then enjoy. our patience needs to be extended sometimes, and even tested, but that shouldn't wreck a game's merits. lets appreciate it for what it is, pure FUN!!

While the game has a different flow to it, I am often reminded of TZ in the way that you can stack up a bunch of modes at one time and just rack up points. Some issues here and there aside, I have had an amazing time with this game, and so has my wife. I think some of the "patience testing" comes from knowing this is an almost perfect-feeling game, and anything tarnishing that is magnified as a result.

I remember going out to a location and playing a few recently released titles by another company and having a pretty good time with them. This was a day or two before Wonka arrived (which I was buying having not flipped it, crazy I know) and I was craving some new pinball. When I got my WW finally unboxed and set up, flipping it felt like playing in an entirely different league. The smoothness of shots, the quality of lights, sounds, and animations, and the just overall build quality of the game made the others feel (to me) like jalopies.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I did (seeing others posted doing so) and still had hangs. Tested just resting the ball up against the left posts with all rubber ring swaps I could and still no joy.
Running without a ring on the left post, which I do not like at all. Thinking of shaving a mm or so of the right swap ring to see if it will travel.

The tolerances on space in the outlanes are really tight on this game. Maybe too tight. I tried putting a different rubber on the left slingshot and suddenly the ball would not even pass through the immediate left lane anymore. It gets caught between the rubber on the center post and the slightshot rubber and just stays there. I had to put the old white rubber back on and even then it now seems to have to wiggle through the space. I have not tried putting that left post in yet, even with a smaller rubber, but I suspect the same may happen. Not everyone is having the issue. Is it possible that these holes are not consistent between tables?

It seems like we need an even smaller diameter rubber for that center post on the left outlanes, but I don't believe one exists. I like to minimize the amount of bare metal the ball is striking if possible, so that my pinballs don't chip and start marking up the soft playfield.

#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

So feeling the way you do about Wonka and looking back now should you have got the CE?
Which mod is you Favorite?
I'm putting Mirror blades because they make Wonka look more Candyful

No. If I had CE money I would use that money to buy another pin to sit beside my SE.

#1697 4 years ago

EDIT: DISREGARD, I found it.

#1713 4 years ago

this is the cap i used on left inlane posts and out lane post[quoted image]

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I installed the left post today and I am really pleased with it. The game is still quite tough, but that left outlane at least now gives you what someone else here called "a fighting chance," and sometimes that makes all the difference.

#1724 4 years ago

Good grief I'm only 3 weeks of play into my SE and my right lower flipper rubber is nearly split open already. Anyone have any recommendations on what to use?

Same happened with mine, and my shooter rubber split. Not uncommon. I put PerfectPlay silicone rubbers from PinballLife (in purple, because I thought they looked good with the theme). I mostly chose those because I was buying a shaker motor from them anyway and figured I’d combine shipping. Titans and the silicone rubbers that Marco sells are also good choices.

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hi guys. First off, I have been a Jersey Jack pinball owner for only two weeks, so I’m new. However my experience with their technical support so far is nothing short of outstanding. I’ve spoken with both Frank and Steve and Steve has even helped me on his day off on weekends. They have been very responsive and their service really couldn’t be any better. I feel I should probably say more about the star post issue and what washers to use. It may be that the neoprene are worse and that the plastic ones sent by JJ are better. My initial impression could have been totally wrong on that. They are checking on a few things to see what is best, but they are definitely on the problem. I’m very satisfied they will take care of me. As soon as they figure out the playfield issues, which apparently other manufacturers are also experiencing now, I will definitely buy another one. Nobody makes cooler pins than JJ IMHO. They didn’t realize that Micro’s playfields were having such issues so I don’t blame them. As long as they fix it, what else can we expect?

They have been very helpful to me as well. I have not seen the point in venting every issue here so long as they are taking care of us. Stephen has been most helpful, as have the programming team. I too am using the plastic washers provided. Wonka is playing like a dream and I am thrilled with it.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

No diverter issues? Where the ball sometimes does not get dropped down to the upper left flipper.

I am not having those issues so far, at least not with regularity. Maybe once in a blue moon it doesn't quite catch it. I have had other issues though, and ones that are not the same for all owners. As has been said before, every machine is just a little bit different.

#1778 4 years ago

“Big Points” is a random computer award, which you get from the Wonkavision shot. Doesn’t make sense to have it there anymore.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Uffff - WONKA fell to 46 on the top 100 in the latest update

You have one guy seemingly raving about the game, and then he gives it a 6.3. I suspect a lot of people rating this are either doing so without playing it, or they've encountered mechanical issues in the field (which I can imagine are common with SE's at this stage until JJP fixes a few issues). It is still early and fluctuations are going to happen until more people get time with it.

That said, any list that manages to keep AC/DC in the top 10 has zero credibility with me to begin with.

#1828 4 years ago

I assume the next step would then be to, what, email Jen and ask for an invitation then? How might one do that? Or is this like a Fight Club kind of thing.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

On their own, maybe.
But add them all (diverter, trough, bad video screens, play field quality, etc.) and at ~$8,000+ it’s not minor.

Do you own other pins that can entertain you in the meantime at least?

#1904 4 years ago

=== Game Code
+ Added a ramp diverter test.
* Added a cooldown to the upper left magnet so it doesn't fire too much and
get too hot.
* Updated custom message page in attract mode.
+ Added support for SE and CE toppers.
* Improved TV VUK eject handling.
* Added/updated music, sound, speech, graphics, and lamp effects.

=== Core Code

* Trough settle time reduced to 1/2 second.
* Autoplunger settle time reduced to 1/4 second on close, kept at 1 second on open.
* Added "Player Addable" adjustment. Can be set to BEFORE LAST BALL or ALWAYS.
This controls when you may add a player to the current game in progress in a
game set to "BALLS IN RESERVE." The default is BEFORE LAST BALL, which means
as soon as someone starts a ball and has none left, no more players may be
added to the game.
* Fixed sensing of headphones plugged in at power up.

-------------------------

My personal favorite is the "player addable" adjustment. I can't tell you how many times I've hip-checked the giant Start button on ball 3 and added 2-3 more players...

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Obviously no Twilight Zone owners here.... LOL!

This is why I haven’t spoken up. Pat Lawlor and suicide bumpers are like peas and carrots.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Later TZ's didn't have the holes.

I’d heard that story but didn’t know exactly where they were talking about until I saw those pictures. My TZ does not have those holes. Interesting!

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I believe you are supposed to be able to remove the black plug and install the post there. Anyone have any luck removing the black plug and if so how without damaging anything?

If I’m stating the (maybe not so) obvious, forgive me, but I believe the black “plug” is a threaded screw. You would need to unscrew it to remove it instead of just pulling it out.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Finally a little progress on my 2nd day of ownership. Got Wonkavator Multi going for the first time, but did nothing with it. Still pretty clueless on the rules. Realized that my short plunge to center ramp skill shot is awarding the skill prizes, just doesn't call it out like the saucer plunge skill shot always does. That had me confused, but the Wonka-vision does show skill shot after shooting the center ramp. I don't think the main display does, but maybe I missed it. Game has huge potential, especially when the code advances over the next year.[quoted image]

You can also hold down the left flipper as you plunge and that will give the option for a Super Skill Shot. It requires first hitting the upper right flipper skill shot, then following up with a Wonkavision shot off the bottom flippers. I think I've made this work once, maybe twice so far, but it is a nice feature.

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Somebody help please,
When I start a game I get the locating balls notice ,and this is the error report that comes up[quoted image]

I had a few such errors once after an update. What fixed them was taking the glass off and manually hitting each switch noted. The errors went away. YMMV though. Good luck.

#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Did you guys install the optional left post? The outlanes are such brutal ball drainers, I'm tempted.
This is my first JJP machine. I looked for a tilt sensitivity setting, or a way to turn the tilt off entirely, but couldn't find it. I was only able to find the number of warnings per ball/game setting. I must be missing it somewhere? Thanks.

I installed it. You will need to move the center lane rubber (or use a similar small rubber) to that post though in order to allow the ball to properly drain (which is kinda BS if you think about it). It makes the game play better though. Still tough, still relatively short ball times, but you have an actual fighting chance if the ball goes anywhere near the left outlane. I recommend it.

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I dont think it is regarded as standard issue..
Like myself , If you bought one you have to deal with it any bunching of clear for now, getting wound up about it every day wont make life easier. ( no I dont like it and it isnt right.)
If you havent bought one yet , you still have the choice to wait it out and all the info needed to make that choice.
But... The game itself though is fun as, ) Ive never seen my friends and family so excited to play pinball in years , and Ive had almost every new game out over the last few years

This, exactly.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To that end...anyone manage to get 3 golden tickets yet?
This game is pretty extreme in terms of difficulty to me. The new firmware that fixes the diverter screws the player with the autoplunge into the pops!

I still haven't gotten to Wonka's Office! That said, I've been a bit busy lately, so I need a good rainy day to just take a deep dive and knock some more of this game loose.

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Pretty sure in settings there are score awards that can be enabled. You can probably set those to extra ball. I changed my special award to extra ball. Can use all the help I can get.

This is correct. Set your Replay score to Extra Ball instead. It starts around 220,000 and goes up and down depending on how you're doing (like any other Replay score does).

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Confirmed. It still says it. I was mistaken.

What a lot of people who don't play WW very much (or only watch streams) do not realize is just how often this game mixes things up to avoid being repetitive. Sound clips and callouts differ from time to time. The Wonkatania Mania mode apparently has the bloodcurling scream that Wonka does in the movie, but only some of the time (and I almost always drain immediately on that mode so I may never hear it). Wonka Wash mode sometimes plays the clip of him saying it backwards, and then shows the words "Hsaw Aknow" on the screen at mode start. There are many other examples and the game feels different every single time I play it.

1 week later
#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I love the game but the callout actor you used is really bad. He sounds like he is dying most of the time. One of the jackpot callouts in particular sounds like the guy's last dying breath. His laid back voice style really dampens the excitement level. Replace him with someone that has excitement in their voice like one of the kids. I suspect it would be tough to get a Gene Wilder impersonator but that would be better too.
Agree with the others but everything seems to happen randomly. It is tough for the casual player to know what to hit other than "the TV" (which seems like the only shot the game calls you out to shoot). Maybe this is just learning the rules of the game...

I have to admit, that one Jackpot call sounds like he just accidentally swallowed his Werther’s Original and it went down the wrong pipe.

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Installed the update today and the game crashed a few times.. anyone else seeing this?

You might want to contact JJP support and notify them. I did this once and provided logs from the game. They were able to determine that I had an issue with the USB interface and replaced the appropriate parts. Your problem could be less severe, but reporting bugs and crashes helps everyone.

#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

WTF? “QC Stuff” like this just reeks of carelessness. It seems everyday a new owner reports “QC Stuff”....don’t they realize after a prolonged period this tarnishes the brand? I know quite a few pinheads that are holding off purchasing due to these QC issues and they would prefer to wait and buy them 2nd hand...afterall, if you’re gonna be fixing issues on a brand new machine, why not fix them on a 2nd hand machine and save thousands?

Are you yourself holding off on purchasing?

Not just this, but any pin. Ever. I'm curious.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"any pin"? Even second hand machines that cost a quarter of what a brand new Wonka costs? Can't really compare the two. If it was one or two minor issues, I could understand. But these are major concerns here. And they want us to pay $7500-9500 to get on board? No thanks.

I'm not arguing that games are not overpriced, nor am I suggesting that issues with expensive games should be accepted or overlooked. On the contrary, as an owner I expect to get what I pay for and I expect the company to stand by their work.

I just think that a person (not you) that does not and will probably not EVER own a pinball machine who comes to the forum for owners and starts raving about how he and others are boycotting the game over issues as simple as a slightly bent wire just sound like an empty-headed little trolls. And these topics are lousy with them.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The title just says "Wonka Club", nothing about owners only.
And are you seriously saying the issues with this game can be described as "simple as a slightly bent wire"? Seriously?!?
Call me a troll all you want, but you are wrong. People who expect to get a quality product when they spend close to ten grand on a machine are not trolls. They are realists.

I didn't call YOU a troll. I called the person I was replying to (a member for only a few months who owns NO machines and has made about 25 mostly negative posts) a troll, and you jumped right on that grenade. Do you have a persecution complex or something?

When my Wonka arrived, the tilt bobber wire was a little bent. I bent it back. It works fine now. I didn't need a legion of people who don't own the machine to start throwing conniption fits on my behalf.

#2410 4 years ago

I hope you're not seriously implying that your bent bobber wire issue is anywhere close to the severity of the issue of blistered and chipping clear coat on the playfield.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Nope. I have blistering too. Visible damage underneath the star posts when I installed the washer kit they provided. It might become chipping one day. I'm an owner. I have notified JJP.

My post is about people who don't and likely may never own the game jumping on every single thing, be it a bent wire or an incorrect LED light, and turning it into a crusade for reasons I can not fathom. There are tons of threads out there where you can bitch about that to like-minded people all day long. But coming here and raving about "the damage to the brand!" when you don't have a single dog in the fight is just... perplexing.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If you weren't replying to me, then why did you quote me? Why not quote the person you are calling a troll?
The internet can be hard sometimes. I get it.

It certainly can! You, for example, entirely missed the part where I clearly said "(Not you)" in that reply.

Sigh...

Or maybe I'm missing something. Is "freakyguy666" an alter-ego of "dirtbag66" and you just come here to post and then quote your other posts? Is that the confusion?

#2431 4 years ago

Has anyone heard "The Scream" at the end of Wonkatania Mania yet? It was confirmed to occur (albeit rarely) by the programmers during a stream, but I always either drain before getting to the end, or it just goes to "Stop the Boat!"

#2488 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I was playing wonkavator multiball when it did it to me yesterday. Whole game went dark and rebooted. Like someone hit the reset button on the power supply. Over current protection? Has JJP support been helpful knockerlover ?

It could be a bad BAG board or USB cable. I had crashes and resets. Downloaded my logs from the machine and sent them to JJP Support and they determined it was one or both of these. They sent replacements and I haven't had an issue since.

Call JJP Support, folks.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

LOL, got delayed during set up. But now have game working at version 1.09 (as shipped). Things to do include
1. updating to 1.14,
2. fixing gobstopper Subway/VUK issue (i’m hoping to just make an easy bend as many have done),
3. diagnosing and fixing the Wonkavator VUK - it is firing randomly, and wonkavator would not lock any balls even though I worked all the way to Wonkavator multi-ball.
I agree with the majority of you on here that this game is super fun, super smooth shots, A ton of stuff to do and will be a long time until I even come close to figuring it out. I love the flavor of this game!
Pics are of my favorite things that match![quoted image][quoted image]

I seem to recall reading here that some (all?) LEs arrived with the Wonkavator lock function turned off in settings. Have you checked this?

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I added extra post to left outlane, LOWER position (the one not capped) and MOVED small rubber ring from inlane post over to it.
THis works amazing, ZERO ball hang-ups on inlane and outlane, even when kick-back fires
EDIT: ppl are afraid of the metal inlane post, but its really no different than games that have inlanes separated by wires like TZ's right outlane (see image)
[quoted image]

I did the same, and I love it. The game is still plenty hard, but it no longer feels cheap. You have to remember, that outlane was designed for location play, ie: draining your money. In a home use situation, they already got all the money up front so feel free to install the post and get more out of each session.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where is the kickback supposed to normally shoot the ball?

I have found it to be highly variable depending on the speed of the ball when it hits the switch. Once or twice I have had it strike just right and actually throw the ball all the way through the spinner!

#2555 4 years ago

I put both on ignore (no time for that nonsense), but it IS very sad that he had to create an alternate account to have someone agree with his hateful trolling.

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my factory mod from mezel today. Looks amazing, nice quality. Took about 15 mins to install without directions. Such a nice touch...and it fits and looks great with my mushroom field.

So it's more orange than red? I think the prototype pictures were more standard red.

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's red, it's my phone camera, I used Google night sight. Here's two more with flash on and off. I can assure you it's red in person, my phone is just not capturing it wll.[quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent! If it was that Clemson/Inmate Orange color it was going to be a hard pass.

1 week later
#2680 4 years ago

We do really need someone from JJP to chime in with a kit though.

Actually, that would be more on the backs of the suppliers like Marco, Pinball Life, or Titan to chime in. The money on the table is theirs to lose.

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

It really is great, and so many ways you can approach it. I got to Wonka’s Office last night for the first time, how friggin’ cool. It got me wondering, the code seems pretty complete to me, but do people think there’s a chance we’ll get mini wizard modes after golden ticket #3 and #4? At the moment we have special stuff happening after #1, #2 and #3.

Doesn't Most Secret Machine light after 4? (I've never made it to Wonka's Office even after owning the game for 3 months) I agree that something after the 3rd ticket would be nice. I also wouldn't mind seeing High Score listings for some of the modes that don't have them like Wonkatania Mania.

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Maybe there isnt a screw hole between my flippers. But there is definitely one for the left outlane. The balls drops through there a lot without the post installed, but i feel like im handicapping myself too much if i put it on, so I'm not sure what to do as how it was designed and intended

It defaults without the post because it is designed to suck quarters/ dollars on location. The same designers and coders who talked about this being the intended setup also conceded that if you had the game for home use, installing the post was not a bad thing.

I installed my left hand post and have been very pleased with the results. The game is still tough but no longer feels cheap. Note: you will need to remove the smaller rubber from between the post between the two left outlanes and use it on the new post or else the ball will get stuck.

1 week later
#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious on opinions of getting the Le vs standard? I'm usually an Le guy on jjp games but not sure on this one. I played a standard on location, but wonder if the wonkavator really adds to anything. Any thoughts? Thanks.

If price sensitivity is at all an issue (ie: you are a normal person), buy an SE and throw in a shaker motor for an extra $150. You will not regret it.

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Don't you have somewhere else you can go whine and cry..... I'm happy and love my wonka ....

I blocked him (and his other account that he made to agree with himself) awhile back and this thread has been way better since.

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I must say that the release of the final details for the CE has left me feeling a bit 'underwhelmed' and, actually disappointed. For months JJP has told me that the "much more" promised for the CE was really going to make the wait worthwhile and that "I should hang in there on my CE purchase decision". Based on those assurances, I was really hoping for much more than what is being delivered. Maybe some new toy(s) and some greatly expanded call outs/animations for the CE only would have been great. But, the inclusion of under cabinet lighting (maybe a $100 item at best) and a lesser topper than previously shown just don't motivate me to spend the extra $3000 above what an LE goes for. And, don't get me started on how 'tacky' the signatures plate affixed to the apron looks. The CE should have really been special but I just don't think JJP has delivered on that promise. Maybe the accountants have taken over? Whatever the reason(s), I am officially 'out' on a CE. Today I told my distributor to downgrade my long standing CE order to an LE. Apparently, I am the second one today to do that with him. I will take the $3000 'saved' and bank it towards another machine, maybe TOY STORY or any of the many other machines that are now or will soon be available to choose from.

Enjoy your LE! It's a great pin.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This I agree with.They should have done something with the upper left area after removing Wonkavator
I’m installing lighting this weekend
that coordinates with program lighting

Let me know which system you went with and how it turns out. This is one of the first things I want to do with mine. The only other real mod I've installed is the hookedonpinball gobstopper plunger/ plate combo (which is great).

#2978 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Hi!
For those of you having requested technical support from JJP; how long does it usually take before you hear anything from them? I’ve reported an issue with my left lane magnet on october 11 (so 13 days ago today), but it has remained silent since then. I would’ve expected some sort of reply by now.

You may want to try calling or re-sending the email. They are normally very prompt and responsive but I have sent emails before (including my most recent one, which I sent just before Expo weekend) that just vanished into the aether with no acknowledgement.

#2986 4 years ago

To those of you (either SE owners who requested them after the fact, or LE owners that had them installed from the start) with the airball-protectors on the Factory ramp, how would you rate this solution? Is it preventing airballs from that ramp? Is the aesthetic of having it there acceptable, or does it block the view of something else? If you installed yours, was it relatively easy to do?

I have not looked closely at the pics and videos but I am assuming they stuck with this same solution for the CE's.

#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am very happy with the airball protector, it ended the balls flinging out of the right ramp for us. It was easy to install, though I had to source my own hardware for doing so.

Thanks Derek. Anything exotic hardware-wise I need to look for? I seem to remember you posting something about this awhile back but did not make note of the solution.

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have an SE, never seen airballs anywhere in the game. Stock flipper settings.

You're a lucky one then! I was getting them constantly on the right ramp, including a few that struck, but didn't break, the Oompa Loompa. I dialed the flipper settings down by 2 on the left flipper and that seemed to lessen, but not eliminate, them.

I guess every machine really is different.

1 week later
#3159 4 years ago

So I had been warned that the full install to 1.31 would erase all existing scores, etc (which I backed up beforehand) yet after the install all scores were still there, and even the existing one Super Lock ball was in place (virtual lock - SE). Was the info about backups just a precaution or do full installs usually reset everything?

Of note: there was an option during install to hit both flippers for a factory reset. I ignored this and after a countdown, everything went along as normal.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

I'm really enjoying the new call outs and video cuts that are played in 1.31. I just got an extra ball off a special right lane drain that played Charlie finding the money in the sewer; either brand new or I've never triggered that before. Light show also seems different/improved in certain modes. Nice touches!

That specific clip isn't new: It is the video that plays when you light and achieve the Special. It IS relatively rare though. I have noticed a lot of new/ rearranged callouts with this update.

1 week later
#3331 4 years ago

yeah i got nothing.
bummer for me

Mine had replacement plastics for the slings, some plastic keychains, and some spare rubbers. Not a ton to miss out on, but if yours did not have one, you should call your distributor and get a replacement.

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why the hell did they not use the sound clip You lose,Good day sir
when you tilt?

Spoiler: That clip, synced with the video from the scene, plays when you drain on Wonka's Office mode. It's worth the wait.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So today I bailed out of Vegas to sell my Deadpool pro. The only reason I made the journey is cause I wanted to play wonka. I have a CE on order and was kinda worried paying such a high price for a game I never played. Broke a rule in pinball but I love the theme so I said F it. Dropped off Deadpool, picked up an Atari 720 and headed to a new place called riverside game labs. I got about 5 games and and I will say it’s pretty dam good. Was cracking up at the sound it makes when you hit the pop bumpers. Don’t want to spoil it for those that have not played it yet. Also only had one drain out the pops in the few game’s I played. I have never played a Jjp game before besides woz. It felt very old school bally/ Williams if that makes sense.Can’t wait now for my CE to arrive. As a side note to they did have a stern JP pro and dam that game is really good. Anyway sorry for the long post just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Great game for sure.

I bought Wonka unseen as well (and only my second pin ever in 13 years), but the pedigree of Pat Lawlor and the theme were enough for me. The game has exceeded my wilde(r)est expectations. You are going to love it. Welcome to the Factory!

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Added my post to the outlane. As everyone on know the supplied rubber is to big. As I was unhappy with just a steel post. Found a rubber cap in one of my kits. Made a hole in the top side and installed it. Works great just enough room for the ball to squeeze by.

I did the same thing with a silicon cap. It was easy to poke that half-hole all the way through and it works great for that space.

2 weeks later
#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m pretty sure replacement playfields were sent out per earlier threads

Populated or just regular replacements?

I haven't heard back from JJP either with regards to prior reported playfield issues. . I contacted them last week about a warranty replacement on another item and have not heard back from phone or email messages. Hopefully just a holidays thing.

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

In all honesty from my current pin collection Wonka is the pin that keeps me coming back for more and I enjoy it very much if anything I would consider selling it only to get a LE just because I like it that much. Sterns new Jp is good which I own as well but for some reason wonkas light show, shots, code design makes it great dont get me wrong sterns jp is really good as well but doesnt have that factor for me personally. Please dont bash on my opinion

This is a Wonka thread. Anyone bashing your opinion here is hanging out in the wrong place and probably trolling. For some reason, Wonka triggered a lot of deeply insecure keyboard warriors here.

1 week later
#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I think this is what it’s meant to do- the ball lock is “shared” and allows other players to steal the multiball.
When the game is turned off, it resets the multiball

On the SE version, the ball locks (which are virtual) carry over from game to game whether you restart the machine or not.

#3669 4 years ago

Sigh, if it's not one thing it's another.

Anyone having issues with inconsistency in the Saucer (TV) shot registering? I started seeing some occasional delays in the shot registering after a previous patch but lately it has gotten worse. It seems like the opto just is not reading that the ball is there a lot of the time. I watched my wife make this shot 3 times in one game tonight and each time it did not register. The ball got kicked out during the ball check but no credit for the Extra Ball/ Computer Award that was lit. I also had some delays during a previous game where it would just sit there. Sometimes hitting the flippers would "burp" it, but not always. This for 1.32 SE. I am wondering if it is a bad opto, or a possible software bug?

I am going to reach out to JJP, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue, especially since they're likely closed for the holiday. Happy New Year everyone!

#3675 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try wiping the saucer opto with a microfiber. I think it gets dirty over time.

Thanks. Tried this but still getting severe delay (or instances where it is just not reading the shot and the ball gets kicked out during ball search). I'll contact JJP. Maybe they can tell something by the logs, or perhaps this is an opto board they've had some known issues with.

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I had an issue with my ramp optos not always working. Turned out the plug into the board had come loose. In fixing the issue I found a couple more starting to come undone. The board on the underside of the play field is pretty easy to track down.

I'll give this a try. I contacted JJP and they immediately shipped a new opto (great CS as always) but I'll fiddle with this and make sure it isn't something this simple. Thanks.

#3693 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Just had this problem on Wonka’s Office. must be software 1.32

Perhaps. I certainly noticed the problems immediately after a patch. That said, JJP support did not request any logs at this time. It is purely speculation, but they may know they had a bad batch of optos. I've had a few funky boards here and there on this purchase. The good thing is that JJP support has been great throughout. The hazards of early adoption!

#3694 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Airbrush kit for a standart willy wonka
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like how the purple looks. I swapped out the standard rubbers on the flippers and slingshots for purple silicone rubbers and I like the synergy with the rest of the color scheme. I think it would have been a more appropriate choice than the red and blue for the CE/LE, but that's just my opinion. Good job!

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Let's move on though as this is really getting dumb. I'm getting side art this week and will update with pics as I didn't see them posted yet. Maybe help some others who are on the fence.....

Chocolate under the bridge. Welcome to the club!

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hallmark is clearing out their keepsake ornaments. The Wonka Oompa Loompa ones are now 75% off ($4.50) with free shipping to a local store:
https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-oompa-loompa-ornament-1799QXI3379.html

Picked up a couple of these this year. One thing to keep in mind: even a glancing blow from an airball would completely destroy this ornament (not unlike the default ones that came with the early machines! Zing.), so if you use it on your playfield, think hard about the placement.

Still, I have seen people selling these as "mods" for upwards of $40 already...

1 week later
#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks for the replies. It looks like it would come down to wanting the Wonkavator or not. The other stuff I can add (except artwork).
Unfortunately I havent been able to play one yet so I am not very familiar with the wonkavator..

I think that if you are good with the SE art package (which I actually prefer to the LE because its a little more subtle), you will be very happy you saved the 2 grand. Hell, 2 grand is what I paid for my TZ when I first got into the hobby...

This is not comparable to a bare bones Stern pro where they rip out everything fun. Buy a shaker motor from Pinball Life (which installs very easily) and play on. The Wonkavator lock IMO is not worth the extra cost and the flow of the gameplay allows for quicker jackpots that you can start hitting before the synced audio and video intro (zing) are complete. I do not regret my SE purchase one bit and I am happy with the money saved. For the price, it is by far the best NiB value out there. Amazing game.

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly right. If the game hasn't heard from a specific switch in a while, it will start to flag it as potentially broken.
Play better

This happens for me with the Kid Multiball switch from time to time.

Because I am garbage at making that shot.

#3998 4 years ago

Still, gotta love the font work on "Brat." What could have been!

IMG_0837 (resized).jpgIMG_0837 (resized).jpg
#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

this shot is nearly identical to width and location of the ball lock/extra ball shot on Twilight zone. Lawlor to blame. Since I own a TZ, I'm pretty good at that shot, and can also make it on Wonka.

It's also super satisfying when said shot clunks home.

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Will say so far my experience with jjp’s customer service has been great. After talking with Steve he had a drive out in the mail today. I should get it on Thursday. Dealing with stern on a nose board issue took over two weeks to resolve. Hope this fixes my issue.

They've been really great with my issues as well. Top notch CS group there. They get a little overwhelmed at times, so you may have to try more than once to make contact, but once you do they always make things right.

This is a good thing too, because if I had to rely on my lazy distributor I'd probably never get anything fixed!

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Gold mirror blades. Yee-haw.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any issues with the fit? I’ve heard there is precious little wiggle room there, which is making me hesitate on getting mirrors or blades.

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Good point. I should’ve addressed that. They are a tad too long to line up with the back box hardware hole. I needed to use metal cutters to trim an eighth of an inch off the back. I happen to have the right cutters (honestly just a cheap pair from Lowe’s) and it was easy. No issues with bending the metal or anything.
Interesting because I’ve ordered the same ones for other JJP games and they fit perfectly but indeed WW was a tad off. But when I made the easy cut, they fit perfectly.
No issues when raising the playfield up and down. Each game is a bit different, but my playfield goes up and down without touching the mirror blades at all.
When doing this last year to my WOZ and TH, I ordered the strips of felt to put on the playfield edge and it was too tight. I took the strips off and the playfields go up and down very easily.
Here is what I ordered: Pinballdecals.com. WMS gold mirror blades.
Go for it!!

Good info! So I take it you think the gold blades are the way to go for WW vs the Black or the standard blades? I honestly had never seen the black/gold ones til your post.

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Yes, my preference is the gold. I think it just looks very classy. But with WW being fairly dark, you might also do well with the standard blades which could brighten it up a bit. I just think the gold looks awesome, especially with the overall golden ticket theme.
I have the black in Wizard of Oz (I wanted to toughen it up a bit! Ha ha) and also Black Knight. I like them, but they are fairly dark.
Joey from Pinball decals did put my Wizard of Oz black mirror blades on his site, if you want to check it out.
But my vote is gold first, standard mirror second.
You can compare the three here: http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html
That is actually my TH with gold and my WOZ with black.
Keep us posted and shoot a picture once you decide!

Will do! Thanks for all the info. I currently have a Twilight Zone and a WW side by side. I am considering going standard for both, especially since none of the graphic blades options have really spoken to me. I think the standard mirrors would be great for both games, plus that would keep the look consistent between the two.

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Same thing goes for the pile of Wonka Bars that goes by the Oompa Loompa camera person, ended up taking it off it looked so fake... It's just a picture laminated to hardboard...
Jeff

Even if they had been perfectly molded, I always thought those looked out of place.

#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Just got notification back from Jen at JJP that the electrical design of the Wonkatania topper does NOT allow for the control of brightness. As I suspected, they failed to incorporate a circuit that would do this. (SMD LEDs by themselves are either on or off) That kinda sucks. Looks like I will be replacing it with my Casino Slot machine topper. It is WAY too bright compared to the game.
Maybe someone can build a board that plugs in series to do this? Maybe the LEDOCD guy?
EDIT: added a picture of my game showing the difference in brightness[quoted image]

Ouch. And for that much scratch too. Hate to see it, but glad you let potential buyers know about the problem.

#4178 4 years ago

I'm not digging the new VUK settings after 1.33. Getting misfires again in the shooter lane, which cost me some crucial seconds with multiball timers earlier. Anyone else experiencing this? I think I'm gonna need to bump it back up.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok so there is definitely an issue with the left speakers. They are distorted, crackly and high pitched. When i disconnect that plug and only have the right speakers connected i can hear a definite sound difference for the better.
Any thoughts? How go I access the speakers?

Contact JJP Support. They have been excellent for the issues I've had here and there since getting mine.

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I played Wonka for the first time and really want one. So I am looking for one in MD/PA/Va area. Have an Indiana Jones to trade. Only concern is now that I’ve read a few pages on this thread it looks like JJP service is bad and getting worse as they add games. Since these games are pretty advanced you can’t always troubleshoot it yourself. First hand experience I’ve left 4 messages for a friends DI that won’t power up and no calls back. Not what I expected from them. It also seems to have hurt aftermarket wonka prices as they are now 6500. Anyway looking for one local to me. Great Pat Lawlor pin.

JJP have resolved pretty much any issues I’ve had with my Wonka, which was my first NIB. My distributor is a nice guy with good pricing but not exactly someone I can rely on to fix an issue, so I take everything up with them directly. You do have to sometimes keep at them if you don’t get an initial reply (I have found that emails with a few extra CC’s get the best results) but they have not failed to assist me to satisfaction yet. How is the customer service with Bally/Williams on that IJ?

All kidding aside, don’t let the pinside hyperbole color your opinion. Wonka is an amazing pin and worth the purchase.

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Speaking of that kickout. Sometimes with a hard shot to the wonkavision, it jumps out of the kickout spot and doesnt register.
Anyone get that from time to time?

Yep. Not at all uncommon.

#4432 4 years ago

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to some more tweaking of the rules. I've owned the game almost since launch (bubble-post club members unite!) and I have still never gotten to Wonka's Office. Granted, my playtime has had to slack off lately due to work, but I still think that's a bit off. I know I could just put it on the new super-easy mode, but I'm not ready to go there. It almost seems that the "stock" rules would be considered "hard" on most machines. Maybe there should be some more granularity?

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

You don't need to put it on super-easy mode. Just go in and tweak the settings slightly to make the Office more easily accessible. I changed mine a while ago, but I light office after obtaining the 2nd Golden ticket. Not sure if this is default (makbe after 3rd ticket is factory settings?) b/c I changed it a while ago.
Have you ever gotten 2 or 3 golden tickets?

Got 2 ONCE. Immediately drained.

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Main physical difference is the se does not have a physical ball lock.
Other differences
Cabinet art
Backglass art
Powder coat
Invisiglass
Shaker motor
Headphone jack

All true. You simply have to decide if this extra bling is worth $2000. If it is, go for it. If not, use that money for something else and enjoy your SE, which is an amazing machine.

#4476 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is there a method to fix the damage/pooling under the ball guides?[quoted image]

Mine chipped in a similar location due to pooling along the ball guides. Feels bad, man.

2 weeks later
#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Brave! haha.
I wanted to remove the playfield to put on side blades.. Took a look at what was involved and i said, no thanks! lol

Consider mirror blades. It’s a tight fit but they can be installed without removing the playfield. You just have to remove the hinge on each side (Allen wrench and some elbow grease if one of yours is as tight as mine was). I think mirrors are a great match for this game and look better than any of the art options I’ve seen.

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Most standup targets in pins these days have a block of foam between the target and the backing plate of the switch assembly. The one that the captive ball hits at the back of the lane is NOT supposed to have that foam. Make sure that's the case. If there's foam there, remove it.

Great, now I gotta go lift the playfield and see if I have this issue. I have noticed that I seem to have to smack the crap out of this to register the shot at times.

I also hate when the ball sometimes briefly "hangs" on the other when struck (probably due to the magnet that holds the captive ball in place?) and then releases... straight down the middle.

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My only question here is when you say it's spec'd not to have foam, where are you getting this specification from?
Jeff

He would know...

1 week later
#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm SUPER excited to get this pin. I've been an avid arcade game collector since 2004, but never owned a pin. My girlfriend has 3 pins (TZ, LOTR and TFTC - all pins I love and have helped her repair & mod). When I moved into my apartment, I knew that I could only fit one pin in my place and reserved that space. Since I could only fit one pin, I wanted to splurge and get a NIB pin. Up to that point, I was set on Houdini...and then Wonka was announced. The theme had me, but I wasn't sold until I could play it, hoping like crazy that it was a fun pin to play. To my delight it surpassed my expectations. So much that I've already got all of the mods I wanted in preparation LOL.
Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm stoked.

You chose well with Wonka. It is one of the best shooting and most entertaining games ever, and if you love the theme it is also an excellent conversation piece in your home. Make sure you leave the attract mode callouts on. I still crack up sometimes at the random shouts.

"Please, I beg you!"

1 week later
#4786 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone installed the Tilt graphics side blades?
I am surprised to see they dont have the bolt holes cut out on them. Was really trying to avoid taking those out as they are a PITA and last time I took it out, it was chipping up the wood right around the bolt hole. Granted, the chips get covered by the bolts..
THoughts?

I had the same issue taking one of the bolts out to install my mirror blades. The holes on it were designed so that the hinge bolt helps hold it in place. Good idea overall, but made for a frustrating install.

#4805 3 years ago

Patch wish: I would like to see some score adjustments for Wonkatania Mania. It is one of the best modes in the game. That lightshow is so distracting that it really takes concentration to make those ramp shots, but the overall scoring is really insignificant for how cool this mode is. It needs some tweaks and also I would like to see it receive a high score portrait as well.

And has anyone heard the scream at the end of it yet? I still never have.

#4823 3 years ago

It was almost hilarious during the Best Light Show category when they showed Wonka next to JP and BKSOR. It was like showing an iMax Planet Earth film next to a zoetrope of a man riding a horse. No comparison.

#4831 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So nice.
Considered a Wall mount as decoration?
Do you think it would warp or decay in some way if you did?

Curious about this myself. I received my replacement playfield this week. I'm glad to have it, but now I have to find a way to store it until I ever decide to do the swap (almost assuredly will not happen) or sell it. It is a beautiful PF and would no doubt look good on a wall.

1 week later
#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m thinking about joining the club and was wondering how long ball times typically are? I’ve played it, but it’s been a while and I can’t remember. I know they weren’t Lord of the Rings long, but how would they compare to Deadpool? Longer or shorter?

This is definitely a shorter ball-time game, which is something I love about it. It is so easy to just hit "Start" and grab one more game. Long ball time games usually leave me feeling like "Well, I don't wanna start THAT again."

1 week later
#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmm. So when people describe pitch, the starting point is inbetween the flippers usually? I've been measuring mostly in the center of the playfield.

I can never get a straight answer on this either. The measurements between the flippers, at the center, and at the top are always different. Am I doing this wrong, or is there some acceptable standard? I typically measure from just above and between the flippers.

1 week later
#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Great minds think alike!I was lucky my SE came with invisiglass for whatever reason but the shaker motor and Hooked On Pinball’s changing light mod is the best

I have tried repeatedly to buy Hooked's light mod but the transaction doesn't work on Pinside (the only vendor I've ever had this problem with) and he never lists it on his site. I tried to resolve it directly with the vendor and got nowhere. Since he doesn't seem to want my money, I'm hoping someone else could come up with the same idea (lighting hooked into the system and not just some random string of overpriced white light LEDs). Let me know.

1 week later
#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Really? I kind of thought these two pins were about as different as can be, but I do not own Wonka (but I’d like to, that’s why I lurk here). Are there aspects in the rules or layout you think are similar or is it more the feeling you have when playing?

They both shoot very well and that bothers some people.

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I broke a part, the captive ball cover 30-100028-04 pictured here:
It looks like it will be a while due to the move, which got me wondering if this part could be improved by someone with a CNC router.
I see two problems with this part:
1. The two "teeth" sticking out are thin (one of mine broke) and also do not extend down enough to prevent the guard from rotating out of position. I believe this could be improved by making the teeth thicker and longer, such that the wireform would hold the guard in position.
2. I've had stuck balls land on the top edge of this guard - if it were a little bit taller, I believe that would correct this.
Anyone else care to comment?
[quoted image]

Mine broke as well. It happened before I got the Factory ramp "cover" that is now standard. JJP replaced the plastic for me, but I agree that it isn't a great design.

3 weeks later
#5317 3 years ago

Great video. Note: you will probably be fiddling with those thin plastic pieces on the pipe mod for the life of the machine. I love that mod but those were not the best choice... I also ended up leaving all the excess acrylic off and have had no problems. It actually makes that light below a little more prominent which helps.

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Good to know on the acrylic. As for the pipe mod, I haven't had a single issue since I added the tiny bit of super glue. I also lined the plastic tubing with a very thin amount of mounting tape - just enough to keep them snug inside the pipe pieces. Since I've done that, they haven't budged. It's been about 5-6 weeks now with no issues.

That's a decent tip on the tape.

#5321 3 years ago

Does anyone else think the slingshots on Wonka feel a little "spongy"? I feel like I read somewhere that they were turned down intentionally, but I can't find the link anywhere. I know the TZ sitting next to it has slings that snap pretty hard (granted, its a Superpin, and there's more room for the ball to move), whereas when they hit in Wonka it feels a little more floaty. If it's intended for the gameplay, then it is what it is.

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought it was due to the white rubbers used.

No it's not. I have silicone rubbers on them, the same as on my TZ. The difference is huge on the power of the slings. Wonka's feel sort of lackluster.

1 week later
#5430 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I do have a shaker... but the odd thing is I never even get a warning... just a tilt. Later today I will try to take the tilt bob off. Actually I think the tilt bob isn’t centered in the ring either... need to fix that too

My tilt bob was not centered either out of the box. The ring was bent at an angle to where the bob was resting on it. I lightly bent it to make it centered and have had no problems since.

#5451 3 years ago

In case no one has seen it, JJP is advertising that the LE Topper is on sale for $50 off (so $250) through the weekend with code FD50.

I'm curious as to opinions on this topper from those who own or have owned one. I seem to recall someone here saying that the lights are a different brightness than the rest of the lighting and that there is no way to adjust this, to the point that it is actually distractingly bright. Has that been the general consensus? Any differing opinions?

The sale makes me think that these didn’t fly off the shelves like they hoped.

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from jayman4911:

Nice topper
ebay.com link
Looks better than the oem flat version

Matter of preference, I suppose. To me that looks like someone stuck a bunch of stuff on top of the machine for storage.

1 week later
#5523 3 years ago

I'd love to see this game get a few more code updates. I still say the golden ticket rules are tuned way too high, but that aside I think there is still a lot more that can be done here.

The pop bumpers come to mind. They seem really useless as far as code goes. There's no countdown to a certain total to start a mode. Avoiding them is easy enough (though doing so seems to send the ball STDM) but there's really no reason to take the lessened risk of hitting them. They honestly seem to be there just because a game apparently has to have them. This is a JJP game! Can't we integrate all of the features in a way that makes for even more options?

What if Oompa Loompa mode were started only after 50 or 100 pop bumper hits, for example. That would justify the Oompa Loompa sounds when they are struck. Make Wonka's Office a mode that is activated after the first ticket. Or add a new mode (or modes) to fill the gap (as well as the other gap when you get 3 or 4 tickets and there's no mode, just a lump sum award... which almost no one has ever done anyway).

I also stand by my assertion that Wonkatania Mania is the best mode in the game and yet it is criminally low as far as points and it should also have its own portrait high score (take Dots Dots Dots out if you have to).

Anyone else have some suggestions on what they would like to see from the code?

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don’t know what they can do other then send me a new blade which is going to be a pita to replace . It looks defective there is a piece of plastic sticking out that just rubs against it hard even if I use the protectors u can’t put them on there is no room
[quoted image]
Some other minor things I wouldn’t expect but can’t be totally ok I gues s

That's pretty sloppy. I would make sure you report it and hold them to making it right.

#5551 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Another game that takes a photo and reminds me of my double chin .. great

I really wish they would put like a photoshop type filter on these photos that make them look more "painting" like. POTC did this with the wanted poster selfies and it was a great effect. Surely they could do something similar here?

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Man, I hate having these nights where nearly every ball that travels through the left loop goes right down the middle and drains. It's infuriating. I have yet to find any sort of consistent strategy for dealing with that (without a tilt warning.) If it doesn't hit a bumper it seems like there's a 75% chance it's just going straight down the middle. Argh.

This is why the game needs a mode that incentivises the risk/reward of this area. As it stands the pop bumpers only exist to keep the ball from going STDM. Otherwise they are there just so the game can say it has pop bumpers. The code on this game is good but there is still a ton of wasted potential, particularly with all of the best modes being hidden behind thresholds that even long-time owners will likely never see.

2 weeks later
#5720 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case?

I seem to recall that when the SE was first announced, they said that ball locks would not carry over. When they changed this (prior to or right around release) and implemented the virtual ball locks, that was the deciding factor for me to pull the trigger and buy the SE. It is a really great feature.

3 weeks later
#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Went down for a quick game this morning while I had my coffee and this happened...[quoted image]

Nice score! Curious: did you manage to get 2 or more Golden Tickets on that run?

#5833 3 years ago

I haven't messed with the rule settings on this game yet, but in the interest of one day seeing Wonka's Office, I am considering tweaking a few. Is there a setting to keep Kids (Brats!) lit permanently? In other words, removing the (imo unnecessary) rule that they have to be recollected via captive ball after a drain in order to re-light Kid (Brat) Multiball. I think this alone would be a huge improvement.

2 weeks later
#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I didnt think they had to be recollected but rather that if you collect one kid after, they all come back?

Maybe my game is screwed up then. I had four kids collected today. Was hammering the captive ball (not the most responsive shot, I might add) and the kids weren’t relighting. The Candy icon was progressing but not the kids. I don’t think this mode is fully understood, or I’ve got some weird setting on mine.

I may switch "KID MB Lit Behavior" setting to NO (do not reset light) and see how that changes things.

1 week later
#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

This is how it works; you play a kid in multiball. If you do not score it’s respective jackpot before you drain you won’t get another chance until you’ve played all of the other kids. The game rules are quite hard in that respect. If you’ve brought a kid into multiball, you will not be able to bring him or her back untill you’ve played the other kids in MB too.
Once you’ve brought all the kids into kid MB, they all “reset” after that and you can start over to qualify them again the same way you do at the beginning of a game.
I’m not completely sure what makes them greyed out, but I believe that means you’ve brought them into multiball and there not available anymore.
I hope this clarifies!

If this is true, it partially explains why no one seems to be able to get even a second ticket with any regularity.

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic (labeled 04) that covers the captive ball. I have broken two of them in the two months I have owned the game. The plastic has two very narrow legs that straddle the wire form coming off the factory loop. The first plastic snapped cleanly off and was found in the saucer by the Wonkavision. The second one suffered a broken leg and the ball hit hard enough to swing the plastic around. When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece. [quoted image][quoted image]

It breaks easily, especially if you don’t have the factory ramp “roof” installed. JJP replaced mine. Second one is intact, so far.

#5931 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Jester thanks for tip. Mine are very snug. Unplugged and plugged back in. Still not working. Guess its time to call Support.

I had this issue as well. JJP sent me. New opto for the saucer. No problems since.

Man, when I look back on it, we early adopters sure that some kinks to iron out! Including literal ironing.

#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

I'm not sure what you mean by "factory ramp 'roof'". Could you please post a photo? Thanks!

Judging by your pictures, you already have it. It is the piece of plastic that goes over the curve of the right ramp. I can see the end of it attached to that post above the captive ball. It doesn't keep that plastic from being damaged, but it does cut down on the airballs you can get on that ramp without it.

1 week later
#5994 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

After owning the game for over two years, I finally kicked my friends off the GC. Had a really fun game last night! 2.8M on ball one! Finished just under 9M but only collected one golden ticket. Those just don't come to the casual player!
Love this game!

They don't come easy to anyone...

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I guess thats why I don't remember Thats odd that they don't have a special mode for the third ticket....

Maybe it's the mystery mode that the coders have mentioned they wish they had time to implement.

2 weeks later
#6214 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good question....I wish they would add a wizard mode for collecting the third GT...other than that it looks pretty complete to me

I think they should do this and then maybe make an option to randomize which Wizard mode unlocks with each golden ticket achieved. I suppose you could keep Pure Imagination for last, but it would be really great to have the first ticket randomly activate, say, Most Secret Machine or Wonka's Office mode instead of always being Oompa Loompa Odyssey (even though that is awesome).

2 weeks later
#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I would love mirrors for this game, but have had bad luck getting them to fit on the more recent JJP games.

I have mirrors in mine. It was tight, and getting the bolt out from one of the sides was a massive pain in the ass, but the results are WELL worth it. With this good of a light show, I think art blades are a poor substitute for what mirrors add to this game.

These are the ones I used, if you are interested:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

2 weeks later
#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Have you tried Game Settings -> Golden Tickets -> Random Golden Ticket Modes ?

If this is a thing, I will absolutely implement it. I'm not in the beta, so looking forward to it going live. Wonka is overdue for a code update!

1 week later
#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I tried mirrored blades on my Wonka and there was zero chance they would fit.....

I bought mine from here and they fit. It's tight, but I've had no problems and the results are great. With these type you can just buff out any scratch you get.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

1 week later
#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I am still pretty new to Wonka... But I am almost positive my lights lit up 1,2,4 and then 3. But I was so excited perhaps I remember incorrectly.
Has anyone gotten all the tickets here?

Most of us have never gotten more than one. Or if we got two we quickly screwed it up.

#6805 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

How much magnet action is everyone getting? There are 7 in the game. Feeding the left upper flipper is the obvious one, and I sometimes get action on the left mid side, but I don't recall ever sensing magnet action anywhere else.
Thoughts?

I've had some crazy things happen. Once, the magnets apparently grabbed the ball (which was headed SDTM) and threw it back up into the Gobstopper hole, starting multiball!

Of course, there have also been times where a ball NOT headed STDM got halted or shifted by the magnets and then went straight down instead. Pinball!

2 weeks later
#6931 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't be adjusted.

Quoted from Krupps4:

Think of it this way and I respect everyone’s opinion, but only one person that I’ve seen has complained about the topper being too bright. Again, I’m sure it is too bright for him, but I don’t think most people even give it a second thought.

There were several who complained about it. I also remember that the toppers went on a pretty decent sale earlier this year, probably trying to clear out inventory. I would have bought one myself, but the lack of this option made me reluctant to do so. It's a shame, and I hope JJP learned something for next time.

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Can you please:
Make the point values bigger for:
oompah loompah hurry up jackpot
Storeroom combo mini modes (like dairy cream. Etc)
WonkaTania Mania
World record gum chewing
Inventing Room
Scrumdiliumpscious combos
As is, they really aren’t worth the trouble.

I support this. There are so many potentially great modes that just fall flat because they are too much risk for almost no reward. Wonkatania Mania is incredible, especially with a shaker motor, yet it barely registers more points than a half decent spinner hit and no bonus for making it to the end (which should be huge, given the difficulty).

These modes need their own high score portraits too. Dots Dots Dots has a h.s. but Wonkatania Mania doesn't? Blasphemy.

I really hope the game gets a major code update/ rework soon. It deserves it.

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve been considering a used WW vs a stern Star Wars or tmnt. How much does the le add vs se when considering used prices? I really like the look of the le better, but aside from the the lock, is it worth going LE?

I went SE and I still do not think the physical ball lock and the blue frames are worth the extra $2000. The lack of the ball lock means the flow is actually better during the start of Wonkavator multiball (you can imediately start hitting jackpots while the animation is playing). Don't get me wrong, physical ball locks are cool, but it wasn't 2 grand cool. I put my own shaker motor in for a couple hundred bucks and I am enjoying my SE.

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So anyone notice some of the high score pictures are cut in half vertically as the scroll by?
Is this a glitch or is it supposed to represent pictures you might find in Wonka’s office?
The Wonka’s office explanation seems a bit of a stretch, but I guess feasible.
Bonus points for anyone that can offer a flipper code that takes you right to the high score pictures while in attract mode. Only way I know is immediately after the match sequence you can hit the left flipper three times to get there. Gotta be a way to get there without playing thru a game I’d think.

It's a reference to Wonka's Office and it pops up randomly when scrolling. It's definitely a little too on the nose to be a glitch. I think it's a really nice touch.

I kind of wish they'd go a step further and add a slight filter to make the pictures look like oil paintings. Might have less chins if they did that...

4 weeks later
#7221 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

I'm having an intermittent issue with balls getting stuck in the saucer. (See Picture Below)
Anyone run into this? It only seems to happen when I have several multi balls. Eventually it looks for the ball and kicks one out but it does take awhile. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Could be a bad opto. I had to replace one there early on. JJP sent me a new one, and I've heard of it happening to others as well.

2 weeks later
#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Installed a Hallmark 2017 Willy Wonka. 3d printed an L bracket. If anyone wants to do the same I can send them the .stl for the L bracket. Secured the bracket on the outside of the metal guide rail and the wood railing with 3m mounting tape. Removable but it should hold the ornament due to the way the pressure is being distributed by the 2 tape locations.
The ornament is available pretty regular on the big auction site. It's expensive but you can usually find a good deal if you're patient. Took the batteries out and sanded the bottom smooth. It had nubs.
Hallmark makes the oompa loompas too. Got 3 of them thinking I'd be able to put them everywhere. Nope. Managed one behind my eggdicator though.
I may make a small deflection piece that fits on the ramp to save it in case the ball jumps it but I've never once had this happen. Famous last words. It will now happen the very first game I play.
r/
Mike

Looks good! I have some of the HM Oompa Loompas but I haven't put them on yet. I feel like I still get enough random airballs that it would get shattered and I'd be picking tiny glass shards out of everything forever.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I don't believe the oompa loompas are made of glass. I believe most of these types of keepsake ornaments are a plastic resin type thingy.

They feel extremely breakable to me regardless, and I don't think they'd stand up to a steel ball. Then again, neither do the original JJP ones, come to think of it.

#7482 3 years ago

Guys, you all need to buy a four pack of LED lights with usb connector and light up the back of the Playfield. it is a must have mod. another poster on here did it, and i just did it today. game changer! I prefer blue lights in the back; it shines well off the blue PF. anyway, the ball is more trackable with that added lighting feature. I bought mine on amazon for 13 dollars. best lighting mod I've done yet.
18 months and 1300 games later, this game gets better and better. excited for Toy Story! How in the world will Lawlor outdo himself this time? my goodness, the possibilities!

Can you link to the LED lights you got? Sounds way better than the $30-50 options being offered by opportunists here.

3 weeks later
#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I remember a while back someone went with the felt tape and then found out how messy that can become. Heads up with that....

I tried using the tape and it was a disaster. The clearance was so tight it pulled the tape off in spots and smeared thick glue all over the mirror blades every time I raised the playfield. I decided to remove it and just try being more careful each time. Fortunately, the blades I have can just be buffed out if there is a scratch. Way better than hard to clean gunk getting everywhere.

#7823 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious to see what others got inside of their collectors edition when I got mine nothing was inside had to get a hold of them to send me out the coin box and power cord and everything else I don’t know if they quite sent me everything that everyone else got inside of theirs definitely did not get no side protectors for the art blades also has anyone else having issues with chipping around the slingshots

First time I've heard of a CE having the pooling/ chipping issues.

#8018 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Yeesh that sounds terrible! Curious since I'm already "all in" on the felt tape method for blade protection, did you experience issues immediately or was it down the road as the adhesive lost grip? So far has worked amazingly well for me, but I'm only a month in and a few dozen lifts of the playfield. I used 3/4" tape and although I used it everywhere, I put in a little overlap on the areas I could see would most likely bind when lowering the PF.

It was immediate, so if yours are good and stuck you may be ok? Fingers crossed.

#8019 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Updated last night and decided not to backup my scores. Looking forward to putting up new scores on the new code.

I straight up forgot to. Was slightly bummed at first but then realized that setting new high scores each time I play is actually kind of fun, especially for the others in the house.

#8030 3 years ago

amazon.com link »
I added some images of the blue light effect
these are low voltage, so I assume if you know how, you can modify the device (cut the wires and splice) to tie right into GI lighting circuits for use on NON USB applications (stern and williams games). I'm gonna try to get another set, and see if I can splice them into a GI circuit (6 volt) soon.
heres the USB powered car lights. remote controlled RGBs. $15 such a deal!!!![quoted image][quoted image]

I picked these up and there are 4 strips tied to one box. Did you cut the other 3, hide them in the cabinet, or use more than one strip?

#8122 3 years ago

The new code, especially the randomization feature for Golden Ticket modes, has been great. I have finally gotten to see (and fail at) Wonka's Office without having a beyond-epic game.

#8178 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the scoring on Wonkatania Mania seems higher than it was before the 1.34 patch? If so, this was another MUCH needed change.

#8185 2 years ago

used all of them
i use blue as the everyday setting. its not too much light, and looks nice and clean. the "white" setting is not really cool white or warm white,, so blue was my choice

Got mine installed and the 4 of them look great. One problem: my remote doesn't seem to work with the unit. I changed the battery but nothing, so its stuck in "sound react" mode cycling through all of the RBG colors whenever a significant sound is made. (to be fair, a lot of the real reviews on Amazon called the remote "junk".) Its certainly better than before (especially for only 15 bucks!), but unless I can get the remote working somehow I may want to look into somehow wiring this into the GI itself... if that can be done.

#8263 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I'm speculating that Pure Imagination will remain the (ultimate) wizard mode. I, too, have only seen the three modes mentioned above. And only after installing the update and allowing those to be randomized.

This is confirmed. Only the first 3 (Oompa, Office, and Secret Machine) are random.

1 month later
#8549 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes the three piece plastic piece is in there to block balls from getting trapped in that space, from what I was told. I removed it bc the factory mod would really prevent that from happening anyway. Plus it looks terrible
So far no issues

I did the same. Leaving that in made installing the mod a pain in the ass (if not impossible) and looked bad. Having the plastics below be visible now looks much better and I've had no issues with balls getting stuck.

Now don't get me started on that cheap "tube" junk that came with the mod. It NEVER stays in place...

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Haven’t turned this game on since I got my GnR. Flipped it on tonight and remembered how awesome it is. Played a few games and got a new GC. Funny how that happens when you step away from a game for a while.
[quoted image]

How many Golden Tickets did you get? 1?

4 weeks later
#8761 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Is the main playing difference between the standard and LE the Wonkavator super ball lock? Is this a major add for the LE and warrant the price jump? What does the ball do in the standard in comparison? I can live with the other differences (art, glass, shaker). Thanks

IMO, the LE upgrades are not worth the extra 2 grand (or more). You can (and should) add a shaker motor for a couple hundred. The virtual ball lock actually makes for a better flow, and with the money you save you could buy another machine (or at least a good chuck of a new one). The blue powder coat is nice but not 2 grand more nice. No offense to LE owners, it just wasn't justified to me.

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm surprised this hasn't been discovered yet!
If you haven't opted into beta updates you might want to consider it. A -huge- 2.0 update for Wonka just dropped.
The long and short of it is difficulty and balance changes and I can attest it makes the Wonka you love even better.[quoted image]

These are great changes, including a few (like the Kid Multiball carryover) that I had adjusted via custom settings anyway. This is a challenging enough game as it is but the difficulty really locked a lot of good content out for most owners.

This has convinced me to pick up a wireless dongle and try out the beta feature.

#8812 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome stuff?

Agreed and I'm still on code 1.34..I also think dialed in feels like what a modern b/w pin wld be if they were still around.

Agree with this. I think 10 years from now DI is gonna be regarded as a modern classic that people missed out on. Just like WW is fast becoming.

1 week later
#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from birdman665:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be on 1.38 to switch over to beta. I had the same issue with the error message after download, probably tried it at least 6-8 times before it worked (which was painful given how long my download was taking).
Keep trying and eventually it will work, it's worth it!

Ok I finally got up and running today and, as stated above, it took about 5-6 failed downloads before it finally came through.

So I hit "Update" and then all of a sudden the thunderstorm that had been flirting with us all day hit. You wanna talk nerve wracking? Listening to huge crashes of thunder and having the room lit up with close-behind it lightning while a progress bar reading DO NOT SHUT OFF GAME creeeeeps along.

When it finished and rebooted, I breathed a sigh of relief... Only to have it reboot and have ANOTHER, maybe even SLOWER progress bar count down, all the while the storm continued to rage.

I look forward to playing the new code soon, but after it survived that I thought it best to just cut my machines off until this passes...

#8893 2 years ago

Anyone get Scorbit to work with their Wonka? I scanned my code and it just spins. It’s beta code so maybe that’s the issue. Promising app, though I find it pretty clunky in its current state and Pindigo is just plain easier to use.

1 month later
#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.
I don't want to get too deep into this, as Pinside is about the games NOT about me, but I appreciate the many kind words that were sent to me via YouTube, Facebook, etc.
I am fine. I do have thick skin and the dickheads on Pinside who tried to run me off have no effect on me.
I just got beaten down by how depressingly negative the vibe got in here. It was all about playfields playfields playfields playfields for a while.
Nobody gave a shit about the amazing games/rules/shots/sounds/mechs put out into the world, they only cared about the tiny chips in the art.
It was bringing me down and making me negative on pinball so I took some time out. I may continue to do so.
Just wanted to drop in and alleviate any concerns about my well being as I am fine. I got a new car and I'm spending more time on that hobby than pins for a while, and it's frankly been nice.

My advice is just avoid the threads full of people who only enjoy watching it all burn down. You'll never convince them otherwise, and will just make yourself miserable trying.

2 weeks later
#9169 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I uploaded the new beta today, on average doubled my score from a high of 3 million to six. I've just had mine a week... for the past 4 days it's been "just one more game". Loving Willy Wonka

The new code is a huge help. I got to Most Secret Machine for the first time the other day and I was blown away. I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it, but the Gobstopper toy does something I have never seen in a game before. I can not believe a feature that cool was hidden behind such dumbfounding code for so long! Could have been a game changer for sales.

#9185 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Anybody own both Wonka and Elvira HOH and can speak to a preference? I'm thinking of listing my Wonka LE for an Elvira but have only been able to play one on location so can't speak to the longevity of the game. I know these opinions would be highly subjective but for those who have owned or do own both it'd be nice to hear your thoughts.
The problem with letting JJPs go is I will most likely not own one again, or be able to afford it a year or two from now. Although this will probably be true for EHOH as well.

Down the road I'm willing to bet that Willy Wonka will be a much harder to find machine than EHOH. Keep that in mind.

1 week later
#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just curious what’s the best strength setting for the flipper coils ? Leave it stock or bump them up ?

If they feel a little weak to you id say bump them both up by one and play a game. Some people go up 2, but it does increase the chance of airballs.

3 weeks later
#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any CE owner install the wonka choc fountain topper? I just bought one to replace the CE topper but I forgot there is a LED strip on the tower bracket for the CE. Do you think it's OK for that wonka topper to sit on top of the LED strip? Website says it works for any version but only the CE has that LED strip. I was worried the heat from the LED strip could begin to melt the topper plastic?

I have heard that it is super bright, like beyond bright and you can't tone it down. That's why I didn't buy them when they did a fire sale on them awhile back (probably a mistake in hindsight, given how topper insanity took hold after the lockdowns).

2 weeks later
#9512 2 years ago

Beta 7 installed with no issues. Played a Scorbit game but didn't unlock anything yet. Granted, it wasn't my best game. I'm glad to see Achievements added to pinball in this fashion. If done correctly they can add some interesting goals that you might otherwise skip in pursuit of a "best" score-based strategy.

1 month later
#9844 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Finally got around to installing the LE topper on my CE. I absolutely love this topper and thinks it looks great. I’m keeping my CE topper and might mix it up but for now, chocolate River ftw

Its hard to make an argument for a better 4 game collection than those shown.

#9899 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Mirror blades or inner art? Anyone have a preference or suggestions on what to get?

Put mirror blades on mine and love them. None of the art blades really did it for me and the clearance on the cabinet sides is so tight you would have a time not having them get ruined.

2 months later
#10270 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I did a update a while back and ever since I haven't gotten the boat ride. Seems like Wonkas office is easier but no boat ride. I liked the boat ride how to get to it now?

Still exists as a random Captive Ball Mystery Award. I got it 3 games in a row yesterday.

I've still never heard the scream at the end though...

1 year later
#13387 4 months ago

Hey, I'm about to do some long overdue maintenance and tweaking on my machines, and since its been awhile (and searches didn't help), I have some questions for the group:

1.) What are your preferred flipper strength settings? I'm not wild on these flippers but I also know that jacking them too much can create airballs and busted plastics on this game, so I was wondering if anyone had a sweet spot they preferred.

2.) What is the optimal pitch? I'm not looking for tournament difficulty here by any means, but something that will make the game feel less sluggish. FYI, I usually use the PinGuy leveling app, but also have a manual measurer (forget the proper name at the moment).

3.) Any other major quality of life developments/ recommendations for playability that have popped up in the last year or so that I need to get up to speed on?

Thanks!

1 month later
#13556 86 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wifey got this for Christmas Tree last year but I want to put it somewhere on my WW SE.
Anybody have pics of their placement? I looked at gallery and figured out best placement
[quoted image]

My concern with those, just like with the Oompa Loompas that came out in 2019, is that they are made of pretty fragile glass, and an airball (which certainly can happen on this game) will just absolutely destroy it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=adipocere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.