IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Finally a Wonka Review!!!

Thanks, didn’t catch it in the 5 other Wonka threads you just posted in

#1036 4 years ago

Wondering why GAP is selling the SE for $500 above retail? Or am I reading this wrong...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82162

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Overhead.
But seriously, that dude is bad news. Stay away.

I didn't realize manufacturers allowed their distributors to price gouge.

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I second that!

I third that.

1 week later
#1380 4 years ago

Excited to be in the club! Now to figure out what the hell I'm shooting for.

IMG_2298 (resized).jpegIMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been trying to since release b/c I love the theme so damn much

Delt we have similar taste in games. I've had my LE for a few days and yes there are certain things lacking in regards to theme integration / code, but what IS there is amazing.

#1467 4 years ago

Anyone know where to get side blades for Wonka?

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/willy-wonka
These are the only ones I have seen so far. I am interested to see what the official JJP ones are, as well as what other companies may come up with. Overall, not very many of the mods I have seen early on for this game seem like must haves at this point. I hope we will see more options as time passes.

Thanks for sharing. Yea these feel a bit uninspired, the JJP ones will probably be the best bet. Their blades for WOZ were awesome.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just installed these from tilt graphics ill upload bettet pictures soon[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks better than I thought they would!

#1497 4 years ago

Shooting this game is like a dream. But holy F am I struggling with the rules.

#1506 4 years ago

I'm certain this was discussed to death already so please excuse the redundancy but left outlane is an f'ing vacuum. Is the move to install the included spare post but leave off the rubber?

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I installed the post in the first spot and used the rubber that was on the post seperating the inlanes. That rubber seems to be smaller than the one they provided in the bag. It works great.

So post separating the inlanes is naked without a rubber? I tried that but didn't like the way it affected the ball dropping from the wire from.

#1525 4 years ago

This keeps happening.. forces me to remove the PF every time since ball search won't find it. Anyone else? Is this the diverter issue everyone is speaking of?
IMG_2337 (resized).jpegIMG_2337 (resized).jpeg

#1570 4 years ago

Does anyone know why JJP decided to keep the big light under the Gobstopper blank instead of the "BIG POINTS" they had in the earlier streams? Odd choice...

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Does it wedge every time? Looks like it's either bent or assembled wrong. If you take the plastic cover off, it should become more obvious. The diverter flap is supposed to be screwed in the farther away pair of holes; there should be the other pair of holes still visible closer to the hinge side of the relay coil. Is it screwed into the wrong (closer) holes? Is the armature plate popped off of the hinge? Is the spring missing? Is something obviously bent?

Turns out it was user error - i had to remove the wire form for another issue. When i reinstalled it, i jammed it just a bit too far in and it was blocking the space the ball goes through.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I just installed the post, and moved the rubber from the inlane divider post over to it. works great. reminds me of TZ right inlane and outlane being divided by a wire instead of a post
[quoted image]

I tried this, but when the ball dropped from the habitrail it kept bouncing over to the right inlane when it's supposed to be going to the left.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hi everyone, we are ready to formally introduce our interactive Wonkavator. This Wonkavator fills the area in the back in the SE (may fit le, but haven't tested fit) and is interactive with the spinner super lock, which lights when a Wonkavator ball lock is ready. The Wonkavator features spinning fan blades, inside light and an external color changing RGB spotlight that also lights the outside when the spinner super lock is lit or flashing.
The mod was a joint effort with Random Pinball (aka Toyotaboy) and features Rock Custom Pinball's GameOn technology rock914).
We hope you like it! We have one in stock with more on the way over the next week.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-standard-pinball-interactive-wonkavator[quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant work. Would love to know if it's compatible with the LE.

#1776 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

kinda crazy they eliminated that decal....almost looks like a screw up

Agreed... It's really bizarre.

#1888 4 years ago

I'm having an absolute blast playing my LE. Best shooting game I've ever had in my collection. Very few adjustments / fixes out of the box but nothing major.

#1983 4 years ago

Best 5 dollar mod I've ever bought.

IMG_2691 (resized).jpegIMG_2691 (resized).jpeg
#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

tons of happy customers also...

Happy to report I've had very little issues out of the box.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Just my two cents, my Wonka SE born on 6/20/19 has not encountered any of the major issues that have been listed here besides the subway VUK needing to be bumped up.

Mine too.

#2099 4 years ago

Can anyone advise how to update 1.08 to 1.13? All I see on JJP website is the delta upgrade from 1.06.

edit: I'm assuming the 1.06+ to 1.13 delta upgrade will do the trick. But game doesn't seem to be recognizing my USB. Tried 3 different sticks to no success. Does upgrade not work with Macs?

edit: Could it be the update only works with USB 2 sticks only? Cuz that just worked.

2 weeks later
#2339 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There are alot more shot callouts... but I don't think they are the most descript at times.. or often confusing. It will say 'camera ramp' or 'factory'.. or 'shoot for the gobstopper'. I've found naming of the shots contradictory too... is the orbit under the TV the right orbit.. or is it the orbit on the side, people sometimes call the side orbit?
I do find myself needing to look at the wonkavision monitor to find what I'm supposed to be doing for the blue modes. The progression of shots isn't always the most intuitive and it can be difficult to pickout the arrow lighting when lots of stuff is going on.
Clearer naming is a problem in the community around this game for sure.

I second this. It's often confusing where to shoot for and I find callouts rarely help IMO

1 month later
#2757 4 years ago

The update took all of 20 seconds to install so wondering if I did something wrong. How do I find out which version is installed?

#2810 4 years ago

Just installed Mezel mod's factory mod and loving it. Had some complications with the install but Kristin was very responsive to help and sent out a replacement piece without charge. Thanks Tmezel

IMG_0226 (resized).jpegIMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you break the clear pipe?

I broke the red danger pipe trying to fit it around the wire form. It's a very tight fit.

#2849 4 years ago

I hope the CE art blades will be available for purchase separately.

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I was not satisfied with the sideart on the market, so i decided to do some Wonka sideboarddecals by myself.
After the first proto-print i needed to edit some elements in size and position.
I'll see on friday how the 2nd print will fit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love those.

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Still some minor adjustments, for exsample the most secret machine decal or the backboard fits not 100%
And i'm waiting for Mezel's Factory Pipe Upgrade!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you get the images for the CE side art decals?

#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Hello! New member of the Wonka Club here! Quick question, should the gobstopper target/drop make a motor noise as it spins? I can't tell if the noise is a game feature (I think it is) or if something is wrong. Thanks in advance!

That's supposed to happen.

1 week later
#3045 4 years ago

Just a quick plug for Mezel's factory mod. Loving it.

IMG_0226 (resized).jpegIMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The final decal version installed ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks awesome. Did you make those yourself?

#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I notice that people seem to love all the mods for WW, particularly the Modfather and Mezel ones, however I notice that no one has installed the chocolate waterfall river mod that goes over the Wonkavator exit?
has anyone bought and installed that one? I am curious as to how it actually looks on the playfield.

Like poop.

#3067 4 years ago

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but ball is having trouble making the boomerang ramp on auto-launch. Strengthening the spring doesn't seem to help. Is there an easy solution?

1 week later
#3194 4 years ago

Having trouble with the full install of the latest update on my Mac. Is there an alternate method that doesn't involve Unebootin because it doesn't seem to want to launch on my MacBook.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I don't have a mac but I use Rufus
https://rufus.ie/

Thanks but don't think there's a Mac version for Rufus. I'm wondering if Unebootin isn't compatible with the latest Mac OS...

#3201 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.
There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:
sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin
Thank you zaphX !
LTG : )

Awesome. Thank you!

#3282 4 years ago

Wonka was this 7-year-olds favorite game at last night's Mandalorian premiere party.

IMG_0591 (resized).jpegIMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Yes I found this cool Wonka Slot topper. The color animation is awesome[quoted image][quoted image]

Where / how'd you score this?

1 month later
#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can turn that off.
Then only see errors when you open the coin door and hit the enter button.
LTG : )

How is this done?

2 weeks later
#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks Lloyd! That’s what it was. Both slings had the issue actually so I adjusted them both. A few games in now and they seem to be all good. Took me a few tries to really dial them in.
Without these blade art protectors I don’t know what I would have done. My playfield is so tight against the cabinet on the left side it would be impossible to avoid scratching the art.[quoted image]

Where'd you get those protectors? Couldn't find them on Pinball Universe website

4 weeks later
#4388 4 years ago

How does one find the difficulty setting in the settings menu? From what I read isn’t there a medium or easy setting

#4420 4 years ago

Did I read there was an easy setting on this game or was that my imagination?

2 weeks later
#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love this!

3 months later
#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the super soft slings. Seems specific to Wonka bc my DI is much more explosive

Same here.

#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Full disclosure: With stock settings, I couldn't sniff it either. I made a few settings tweaks that seem to give me [and my poor skills] a reasonable balance between being super challenging but still being possible. I made the changes back in January and since then I've hit Pure Imagination twice and made it to The Most Secret Machine 4 or 5 times. Still rare enough that I get all excited when I get to one of the modes....and usually play it poorly.

Which settings did you adjust?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.