IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1321 4 years ago

Possible solution for balls flying off the right ramp wireform -

The first few nights of playing Wonka, the ball flew off the right ramp wireform quite frequently. Yesterday afternoon, I bent the top wire of the wireform around the curve up slightly. My friends and I played probably 40 games last night and the ball never "jumped the track" all night.

I can't remember how much I bent it up. It wasn't much because the wireform still looks normal. I bent the first section (next to the plastic ramp) and the second section up. I also made sure the first section was tight up against the plastic ramp.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1070-hookedonpinballcom/02732-willy-wonka-se-back-playfield-rgb-interactive
Just listed for Se owners today. Quick easy and low price point.
They have been on my machine for about a week maybe 40.hrs of testing no issues.

Looks great! That back corner is oddly dark. Almost looks like a GI string is out!

Any update on your shooter rod availability?

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The wonkavator I hope is coming shortly. It will trigger off the super lock insert, or any other insert you choose.

LOVE IT! Thanks for the video!

#1426 4 years ago

That was fun!

0A061CA4-4F6E-4480-BE5E-930B38933B2D (resized).jpeg0A061CA4-4F6E-4480-BE5E-930B38933B2D (resized).jpeg
#1438 4 years ago

I don’t have issues with the audio. It sounds great to me but most of my time is on 1.09. It seems to me that JJP’s audio hardware can play many more concurrent sounds compared to Stern’s (no evidence, just observation). This can sound like a lot of things happening at once as sounds are mixed into the foreground and back. It may not work for some people. It works for me and adds to the mania of the theme.

Worst part about the audio is the voice actor they picked for the pinball specific call outs (said many times around pinside). He really brings the excitement level down when he says “Jackpot” with what sounds like his last dying breath. Maybe JJP will redo them like Stern did with Star Trek.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

There are still issues with this on the SEs. I would advise people to apply neoprene washers ASAP if you see bubbling. Mine looked like they screwed the star posts down with an impact wrench.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you suggest getting neoprene washers? I don’t notice any rippling on mine but would like to avoid the issue if possible.

1 week later
#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Everyone, please call Jenn or post on the support forum/claim about your issues with the diverter. Right now they do not believe us and say only 1 person has had issues.

Thankfully my diverter is working flawlessly. I hope they figure it out soon for you guys.

3 weeks later
#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks for the suggestions. The o-ring (5/16" OD) is 1/16" smaller than smallest "pinball" rubber ring of 3/8". Might work with one on each post.
I was thinking more like a sleeve tubing. Thinnest rubber that will last awhile. I like the way the ball feeds through the inlanes faster with the heat shrink tube.
Anyone have any suggestions about ball coming to rest / stopping in the the lane above the pops (under the Wonkavator on the LE)?
-Adam

I was thinking of using a T post rubber and cutting the wide part off. I wonder how wide the narrow part is on one of these....

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Were the holes for the posts drilled in the wrong place? Can (Will) this be corrected on the CE and on future runs of SE's and LE's?

It's more than the post hole location. The post is dead center over the lane guide divider. They could maybe move the sling posts over to make room.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

What the hell else do you want us to put in this game??
WYSIWYG[quoted image]

I love the game but the callout actor you used is really bad. He sounds like he is dying most of the time. One of the jackpot callouts in particular sounds like the guy's last dying breath. His laid back voice style really dampens the excitement level. Replace him with someone that has excitement in their voice like one of the kids. I suspect it would be tough to get a Gene Wilder impersonator but that would be better too.

Agree with the others but everything seems to happen randomly. It is tough for the casual player to know what to hit other than "the TV" (which seems like the only shot the game calls you out to shoot). Maybe this is just learning the rules of the game...

9 months later
#5496 3 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Yea, mine is an older build Oct 2018 standard and I don’t have that. Guess, I’ll see if I can order one.

Open a support ticket, JJP will send you one at no charge.

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Update 2: visual inspection immediately shows the problem. the pin holding the coil plunger to the kicker in the sling is just gone... Opened a service ticket.
(Pics are of bad and good sling assembly respectively)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Poop occurs, sorry for the hassle. Make sure to pull that spring out of there if you plan on playing the game with the broken link. It looks like it is close to shorting out the switch next to it.

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My machine was delivered about a week ago and has been sitting nib in my garage haven’t had a chance to get to it . The temps in my garage are reaching 90 degrees that won’t cause any harm will it ?

I wouldn't leave my machine in in hot, humid conditions for long.

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a slight flipper issue with my NIB SE that I've only had for a few weeks.
The upper left flipper only will sometimes not return fully to the resting position. In the past when I've seen this problem, it has always been the return spring being stretched or broken. In this case, though, the spring appears to be identical to the other 3 flippers which are working perfectly.
If I manually move the flipper, it always seems to go back to the normal resting position as expected - this problem only seems to occur during gameplay. The coil is seated tightly and I don't feel any unusual friction when I move the flipper manually.
Should I just replace the spring, even though it doesn't appear to be faulty from visual inspection? If so, does anyone know if JJP flippers use the same return springs as Stern? (I have a ton of Stern springs in my parts box)

Or maybe the flipper bat is clamped in too tight to the playfield. When pulling up on the bat, you should feel a tiny bit of up and down movement.

1 week later
#5567 3 years ago

Dang, your backglass looks great! I really need to do that mod.

#5597 3 years ago

I get STDM returns but not nearly 75% of the time. Mine seems really fair in that area. Maybe its a magnetic field or something in my game room because my Ghost Busters doesn't do that either.

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

So, I've noticed that my plunger does indeed make the fork jump sometimes. The washer on the plunger can barely graze it at times. I haven't noticed any problems in play recently, but now my ocd nature is forcing me to want to fix it. How much of an adjustment is possible on this? It doesn't seem like loosening the 3 screws that hold the mechanism to the playfield will buy me all that much.

There is space around the screw holes to move and adjust the shooter rod mounting block. It's not just the screw holes themselves. As you can see in this picture, the block can be moved quite a bit (this picture is obviously not normal and probably due to someone using the shooter as a handle when moving it).

When you move the shooter mounting block, be aware of the front decal, you can scratch, rip or ripple it if you are not careful.

Also remember that the enemy of good is better. Sometimes you can make it worse when trying to make it better. Shooter rod alignmnet can be tricky trying to get the shooter rod dead center on the ball while avoiding the autolauncher forks.

You can also check and adjust the alignment of the autolauncher forks as it hits the ball. Bend the forks further apart to make more room for the shooter rod, etc. You want both arms of the forks to hit the ball at the same time.
wonka cropped1 (resized).jpgwonka cropped1 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Awesome, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you! Last question, but can you use a portable hard drive for the install (knowing it will be erased) or does it have to be a thumb drive? I can't see any reason why a portable HD wouldn't work but the instructions clearly state to use a thumb drive so figured there had to be a reason?!

For the Full Install, you need to create a bootable device, of sorts with a special procedure on the JJP site. It's kinda finicky as to supported media.

You might want to plan on having a couple media types on hand to try or ordering a new thumb drive to use for updating. I have some drives that don't work for JJP or Stern or Color DMD. Maybe too old, too slow or just non-standard timing. Also, don't order a crazy huge device as if they are too big you can have issues too. Stick with a name brand, 8GB or 16GB thumb drive.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

3 weeks later
#5989 3 years ago

After owning the game for over two years, I finally kicked my friends off the GC. Had a really fun game last night! 2.8M on ball one! Finished just under 9M but only collected one golden ticket. Those just don't come to the casual player!

Love this game!

#5993 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

9 million you mean? 9 billion would be otherworldly!

Yes indeed - 9M - fixed it.

#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

Wonkavator Multiball golden ticket:
Level 1: any 6 shots lit that are yellow and blue, all shots stay lit till you open the gobstopper hole and lock a ball in there. Then collect super jackpot on the spinner sending you to level 2.
Level 2: any 6 shots lit yellow and blue, shots are not lit after hit the first time. Forcing you to hit 6 different shots on the playfield, until you open the gobstopper hole and lock another ball/ collect the super jackpot on the upper right spinner again sending you to level 3
Level 3: works like level 2 except after every shot you hit, you must then hit the captive ball (which will flash yellow and blue) so I believe this comes out to be 12 total shots then gobstopper and collect the super to collect the golden ticket
Remaining shots left to hit and what level you are currently on should be displayed on the Wonka vision screen so you can keep track of where you are in the multiball.
Hope this helps!

Thanks! Well that explains why I have never seen and probably never will see this ticket!

#6105 3 years ago

I was super impressed with the build quality of Wonka, my first JJP game. It is noticeably heavier (and less "twistable") than a typical stern game.

However, I feel the same 2 strong adults that it takes to move a Stern game can move Wonka.

1 month later
#6618 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a decent resolution version of the game map that is in the manual? I would like to print out a large version but the one in the manual gets blurry when you blow it up.

3 weeks later
#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone know where I can get a decent resolution version of the game map that is in the manual? I would like to print out a large version but the one in the manual gets blurry when you blow it up.

Anyone know where you can get a decent version of the game rules map that is in the manual to print larger?

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

There's this one http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf
I can blow it up large and it stays clear.

Perfect, THANK YOU!

1 month later
#7073 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Would you say that Wonka has longer ball times than a pin like Star Wars? That's one of the main issues, I don't have a problem with my family and friends not knowing the rules because all of that can be learned over time. I don't want something that has really short ball times because that's what Star Wars is like for someone that's not the best player. I'll be the one getting deeper into a game, but I definitely want friends and family to enjoy flipping around. The Wonka theme is perfect, no problem there.

I don't think Wonka has significantly longer ball times than Star Wars. I think you will find they are very similar. Both can drain very quickly and cheaply. You could crank up the ball save timer on both to extend game-play. Wonka has a pretty short ball save time out of the box.

Wonka has apparently easier shots (the ramps) but you aren't going to get anywhere only shooting for them which I could see a novice doing. Without a little help determining what to do, a novice is not going to get very far on either.

I just LOVE the rules on Star Wars, so fun and challenging. I'm still trying to figure out strategies for Wonka and I've had mine since it started shipping!

Wonka is by far the more spectacular looking game both while playing and in attract mode.

Other than the ball time thing, I think you will enjoy Wonka, especially if you are a fan of the theme.

3 months later
#8359 3 years ago

I can't get the delta update to work from 1.35 to 1.37. Tried both USB and WiFi. Both ways the update fails fairly quickly. Made several attempts with each method.

Ideas?

#8382 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back up settings. Do a Full Install of 1.37 with a USB stick. Reinstall settings. Party on.
LTG : )

Tried WiFi again the next day and it worked. Not sure what the issue was.

1 week later
#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I have been reading the code update comments and just want to clarify: The most recent code is 1.37, correct? To get that, do you have update wirelessly? To do that, do you first have to update from 1.33 to 1.34 using a USB drive?
If I have this wrong, please do let me know. I'm trying to go from 1.33 to 1.37, or whatever most recent is the way I am supposed to. Also, I would be using a Mac, so will that be an issue?
Thanks for the help.

It's right there on the JJP download page. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

The only delta upgrade option is from 1.34 to 1.37. If you have 1.33 or prior, you need to perform a full update.

For the full update, you need to make a bootable USB stick. Super easy to do on a Mac. No special software utility needed. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updating-jjp-games-with-a-mac#post-5342260

#8509 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you have WiFi in your house or business. Go into Utilities - Network Settings - follow the instruction to connect to your WiFi.
Then go in the network settings again and go to the update part and do what the screen says.
LTG : )

Doesn’t he need to update from 1.33 to 1.37 using the full update over USB before WIFI is supported? I thought wifi support started in 1.34+.

#8514 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Great info, I tried multiple USB wifi adapters (I review these things and have a bunch sitting around), NONE worked except the Archer Nano AC600. Fortunately it is very inexpensive at $13 on Amazon, works great, connected right up.

I used that one too. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PB1X4CN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.