IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8291 3 years ago

I just joined the club and was wondering if i can go from 1.33 to 1.35 with the 1.34-1.35 delta code or do i have to do a full install?

#8293 3 years ago

Thanks man! Also how loud is the gobstopper motor suppose to be? mine is sorta loud. Do you guys grease where the 2 gears touch sometimes?

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve had mine for a week and haven’t noticed the motor being loud at all. I also have POTC and the motor on the spinning disc is much louder than the gob stopper

Im not even sure its called the gobstopper. Its the spinning disk that you hit the target and it spins to open a hole to lock a ball in. When i looked at the mech under the playfield it seemed like the sound was coming from the 2 plastic gears that it uses. 1 little gear on the motor and 1 big gear on the disk.

#8300 3 years ago

Can anybody tell me the difference between the Wonkavator mods that Lermods and Modcouple make?

#8302 3 years ago

Thanks! I already had both there links bookmarked, im looking for somebody thats seen them both in person and which they thought was better. I would rather have the one that is more interactive but it seems they both have some lighting in them but its hard to tell which is a better choice for a SE.

#8308 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks for all the positive remarks on our wonkavator. Just a heads up we are about a week behind to get these out as they have been selling faster than we can make them. People can still order, just expect it to be about a week to ship.

Thanks! I just ordered your Wonkavator. I think it looks great and will fill that void in the left corner on my SE nicely. I never buy mods for playfields but this felt necessary.

1 week later
#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Any gameplay differences in newest code?

I was wondering the same thing. Doesnt look like it does from the text notes but maybe they did alittle polishing that they didnt mention. Im not updating until its worth doing.

2 weeks later
#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How does GNR stack up to WW in your collection?

I had a GnR SE beside a Wonka SE for alittle while. Wonka is so much better its not even a comparison to me. GnR code is all about score which i absolutely hated unless the games from the 80s. Wonka has such a smooth feel it made GnR feel like it was designed by a rookie with so much clunk and boring shots. Light show wise GnR crushes everything but the light show gets old quick when theres no story or narrative to the code besides get the highest score possible.

#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow. Could not disagree more.
GNR has the whole accomplishment thing going - best booster setup followed by best execution. Plus all the "side quests" of the album modes, tour/Slash modes.
Are you one of those people that nerfed the game by tuning out the multiballs?

No i actually liked the multiballs just didnt like the code direction or the layout plus it feels cheaply made compared to the other JJPs ive owned, i have had 4 out of 6 they have made. Thanks for the Wonka tutorial videos they were/are great by the way. Wonka is wonderful and has some magic under the glass.

Edit-on GnR i made it through the entire code in 2 days of owning it playing it like a mode based game and then realized it just wasnt for me. I dont play for points ever i never look up and see what my scores are until im done, its more about the adventure for me which GnR has none of. Glad you enjoy GnR though!

#8462 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hear you - 2 days and you were into all the modes+wizard, wow! I should watch your tutorials
FWIW we went through a doubt phase on the game early on too - then it really hooked us bad and we're putting plays on it even faster than we did with Wonka

I would play each song just long enough to qualify for the album modes is how i did it so fast. I just didnt realize the code was setup like it is until it was to late. If it wasnt for Covid I would of played it on location and realized it wasnt for me. I did have the game for about a month and tried and tried to like it but just couldnt get past the layout and code designs. Then i got Wonka and was blown away buy the level of fun I have on it compared to GnR. So I sold GnR and got a Catwomen which is so much better then GnR when it comes to what i prefer in my games. Its all good though I just have a different opinion then alot of guys on GnR i get it.

#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well you can't go wrong with Wonka either - it's a spectacular game with many layers to uncover over time. It has certainly earned its keep for us!

For sure man Wonka is great and with your tutorials really helped me understand the game, i truly appreciate that you took the time to do them. I see we havent owned Dialed Ins, id love to grab one of them soon also for some more PL fun. To me the first spoken line when you push start on Hobbit is my pinball moto!

2 weeks later
#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hear you man - I hope I don't see it either haha
Interesting story on how I upgraded to the CE. Someone reached out who enjoyed my recent TPN podcast appearance (where he heard me talking about trading up). Really nice guy - made the trade super simple and now I have the CE. Thanks TPN ; )

You should thank Zach not TPN for giving you a chance to go on his monoplized Flipinout empire advertising channel...

#8665 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Any chance you can share that 1.34 iso? I would like to keep it on file just in case I want to revert back.
This is exactly why I dont like updating right away. Figures the one time I do it quicker than normal..

I have the 1.35 image file if you want it

#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is 1.35 having those animation issues as well?

I dont know really. I dont have my match settings on and dont notice any of the animation issues on 1.37 since they dont effect gameplay. If somebody can answer your question and you want it let me know and we can figure out a way for you to grab it.

#8669 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

TPN is Zach so it's all the same haha. I actually already pm'd zach as it's a funny story. We have many offline conversations. Good entertainment for the pinball community.

lol! just jabbing at you softy snowflake since i know you can take it.

#8671 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

v1.34 has the same issues with the animations as v1.37, but if you still want it, message me and I'll share it.

I haven't tested v1.35 yet as I don't have that ISO. Phbooms, would you mind sharing that ISO file with me so I can test it out?

Sure how would i do that? Through email? PM me with how to send it or whatever i need to do and ill get it taken care of.

#8674 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sure thing Ph - just replying as usual.
I just realized that for JJP - there is no sep code download by model. For example, I download the same code for my CE as others for their standard. Pretty cool how the machine knows....

All in good fun my man! Personally i enjoyed the NWO podcast and would listen to another one but on different subject then TPN like a top 10 games discussion where you guys can disagree and agree on games you like.

2 weeks later
#8752 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

They are carried over game to game, but not when you power off. I don't believe there's a way to adjust it in settings. Leave the game on and play until the super locks are used....

On the SE the virtual lock is carried over to next game even after being powered off. Just played mine and only had to lock one ball to start it when I locked two yesterday. I remembered it carrying over before when I read your post but had to make sure before I posted.

#8789 2 years ago

Im loving the new code! This is easily my favorite JJP game. Its there best shooting and funnest coded game yet. Its been the only game they have made that makes me feel like im playing a 2020(date on my game) Williams but with deep code. I think its slowly creeping up to be my favorite game of all time.

What do you guys consider the perfect stack to setup if you could?

#8793 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome stuff?

Agreed and I'm still on code 1.34..I also think dialed in feels like what a modern b/w pin wld be if they were still around.

You should jump on the beta code! I havent found any glitches in the beta yet. Honestly I only have about 20 games on DIs but it did shoot nice to compared to the rest of there lineup. Ive owned all but DI and POTC so far but would glady own a DI to give it a try. I was very hesitant on getting a Wonka until SDTM did there review and they were totally right on this game. The SDTM out of the pop bumpers isnt bad as made out to be once you get use to being ready for it and that was my only fear. Really its my favorite PL design easily and might take MMr place as my favorite game to play soon if I could just get more then 3 tickets but Im on my way there now especially with the new easier code. I play in the dark so PinStadiums really work well with this game being the GIs suck stock unless you play in a lit up room.

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Has anyone put on the Slingshot Mylar protector set that came with the game? I bought mine used and noticed they were not installed and wondered what the consensus was on whether they are worth installing? If they are, are they similar to the slingshot protectors offered by Titan?
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=135

Im interested in this also. I just noticed my set in my coin box. I recently ordered mylar washer kit from PinMonk for the upper posts in the slings since its the only spots I have a touch of clear pooling but now you got me wondering if the mylar for slingshots would cover the same area and work better.

#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Agreed, Wonka is the best JJP game to date! Love it!

Hell yeah man! Coming from you means alot considering your collection history. Ive only owned 4 out of the 6 but youve had them all and multiple versions.

2 weeks later
#8952 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I have an SE with a shaker motor installed in the Highest vibration setting. Code 1.38 SE. The shaker works find in the Coil test, but I never feel it in the game play. Maybe when I hit the Gobstopper it shakes for just a second, hard to tell.
When does the shaker get used? I would like to know if my shaker is working in game or not.

When you activate Wonkavator multiball it should build up shaking and be very noticeable. I don't even have mine set on highest setting and its very noticeable.

#8964 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Get PinStadium UV’s in this game.
I have them in my SE and they look incredible

Like they were made for this game! Neos with fusion and UV flashers on mine. Pics are game with them set on my custom color close to white, UV flashing, and them turned off.

20210430_214453 (resized).jpg20210430_214453 (resized).jpg20210505_155113 (resized).jpg20210505_155113 (resized).jpg20210501_202429 (resized).jpg20210501_202429 (resized).jpg
#8970 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I am just saying it feels "light" not that it actually is light. Hard to explain but it is feels like the walls are thin or something when compared to Dialed On, Hobbit, WOZ. Like it is thin walled and "cheaply made" when compared to those three. Was hoping there was a fix like weighing it down with weights or changing out the flipper buttons, something to make to "feel" more premium "in the hands".

I felt the same way but not on Wonka. GnR SE felt cheap made compared to all other JJPs Ive had. Hobbit felt the heaviest but Woz almost got away from me on a ramp when I got it.

#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

...come on, get a f..... ST !
You distroy the nice colors of a masterpiece PF.

Pictures don't even give pinstadiums half the justice they deserve on this game. In person there the best add on possible for dim GI wonka and actually make the games colors pop even more. You do realize the purple color is the flasher that only does it when the shaker activates and the "white" of them looks pinkish over pics but in person there white. My GC went up instantly with them also so they even make the gameplay better but to each his own...

3 weeks later
#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Agreed!
His wonka walkthroughs are a “must view” and honestly helped me pull the trigger on mine.
Not sure what negativity chased him away, but I do hope he returns as he is an asset to this community!

His walkthroughs were great! His enthusiasm was great! His JJP fanboy grew thin and his treatment of guys with playfield issues was terrible. Take the good with the bad but I wish he was back to. Surprised he left seemed like he had thick enough skin to handle any heat.

1 week later
#9118 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Has the revised code made this game easier?

Yes Beta did. I went from 10 million GC on regular code to 30 million GC with Beta.

1 week later
#9194 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there an easy way to remove the black plastic screw in the left outland so I can install the post?

Id recommend not changing the outlanes at all. I tried the game with the post in the upper hole and it actually trapped the ball into the outlane more. You get a much better chance of defensive action with it stock. Plus it will cause pooling more then likely which i noticed on mine right away but luckily that black plastic cap covered it once i moved the post back to original position. Also the right outlanes when i moved them anywhere but stock it created indent in the clearcoat and they also created a trap where the ball wouldnt be able to bounce out making the right outlane a constant drain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.