IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5099 3 years ago

My first post to this forum. I have read all 102 pages and am now ready to post! I got a CE delivered in mid March (perfect timing). The whole family was already a fan of the movie and we absolutely love this pin. Two questions:
1.) What is a good pinball basics video?
2.) Is there a good how-to video on specific strategies for WW? I have read a lot, but I feel like seeing it happen in real time along with explanations would help most. I am stuck around 5M, just mashing away.
3.) We purchased Wonka sight and play unseen. I am tempted to buy one more JJ machine. If we love Wonka, what pin best aligns regardless of price? WOZ YBR, Pirates LE or DI LE. Our kids are 6 and 9. I know this is a tough one to answer but I really appreciate it.

#5102 3 years ago

Was leaning that way but very curious in a forum or Wonka enthusiasts given I will most likely go blind.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Very tough question for #3. I love my WOZ very much. I have heard Pirates is amazing, but ive never had the chance to play. Ive also never played DI, but I thoguht some said its similar in layout to Wonka?
For #1 and #2, ill let zaphX answer that haha. He seems to be the guru here.

Yes, would be interested to hear. Watched his 8M twitch the other day.

#5106 3 years ago

Helpful. In my mind, my decision was really between DI and Pirates LE.

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have all 5 and I like them all. I don't think you could go wrong on any but I would forget WOZ YBR. If you like WOZ, look for a WOZ RR and have the complete game.

What is YBR missing? Surprised a limited edition is missing stuff!

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I certainly wouldn’t mind a Pirates where DI sits, but my bank account would!

I hear you. Maybe DI is the smarter investment in case Pirates is eventually re-released which may dilute the value of current LE.

Does anyone have a good how-to video?

#5117 3 years ago

Thanks. Will watch with the kids

#5119 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I make no guarantees about naughty words, you may want to audit it first.

Ha! You got it.

#5128 3 years ago

That was a great How-To video. Watched with my son and he didn't really hear the few expletives. Thank you!

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I have all 5 JJP games and I disagree with the DI suggestion. It's a fine game but it also plays/feels too similar to Wonka whereas POTC and Hobbit are both quite different. For a 2 game collection, I'd suggest more variety. Odds of JJP Chicago remaking Pirates seems slimmer and slimmer, so if you can find one, I highly recommend it.
[quoted image]

Ok. I can’t see not liking POTC buying blind. Thanks very much for advice.

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I own both wonka and dialed-in and I don’t recommend owning both for a 2 pin collection both games play very similar! Don’t get me wrong I love both and they play great, but I recommend something different as well maybe a stern Batman66/Elvira/Jurassic park premium might give you a different taste.

That makes sense re: having two similar pins. I actually would love a Jurassic Park. I know very little about fixing pinball machines and feel comfortable with JJ on service (but it’s my only experience). Are there many issues with one of those pins. I love Wonka but have had to troubleshoot loose flippers, wonkavator malfunction, gobstopper malfunction.
If not for their immediate help, it would be frustrating. How does it work with the company that makes Jurassic Park. I know my kids would love it

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep my 2 favorite pins of all time with Wonka le edging out dile by just a little...mostly due to lighting and the 4 flipper layout.

Great to hear. Seriously considering pairing DILE with my Wonka CE without having played DILE.

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Interesting. I've never once thought the sound quality was bad on my Wonka. It doesn't sound tinny or lowfi at all to me. With all of the recent chatter here about adding an external sub, I had to fire up my LE and take a second listen, but my opinion still hasn't changed. Early on, before I owned my machine, I looked into possibly trying the Pinwoofer setup, but for $200+, I couldn't justify it, especially since it would be nothing more than an experiment to see if it really made much difference. Personally, I think the game sounds fantastic, very rich, crisp and full. Wonka is also a game (and theme) that I would never expect to pump out deeper bass tones. I mean, watch the movie and listen to the score/soundtrack -- it's mostly on the high end. I could be in the minority here, but to me the game sounds great.

Couldn’t agree more. Have the CE. Fan of the movie and game. No noticeable sound issues for me. However, I am tempted to try a sub just to hear the change!

#5249 3 years ago

After a ton of research and helpful input from this community, I am buying DILE without having played it to pair with Wonka. Very excited.

#5255 3 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

That is much less crazy than me and probably many others throwing down on Wonka right after announcement without playing one. I was set on getting a DILE (and still want one), but switched purely based on theme. DI is a really great game, which will complement your Wonka. Congrats!

Thanks. Crossing fingers.

#5291 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Probably biased because own LE and haven’t played a standard, but the locking mechanism is more than just gameplay. My kids always choose The governor on POTC so they can’t have anything plundered from them. And for similar reasons, they love it when there are one or two balls locked on the wonkavator so they can steal the multiball on their turn. I swear, it’s like the reason they play sometimes!

You are not alone. My kids love stealing the Wonkavator multi ball.

1 week later
#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I dialed down the difficulty settings from medium to easy. That basically lowers the requirements to get golden tickets. Fewer requirements means fewer points.
Lowering the difficulty doesn't affect the difficulty of the wizard modes though so I'm still happy about my Wonka's Office score. The key was finishing at the Kid Multi-ball target for a 3x jackpot.
I've still only been to pure imagination once and I immediately fudged it and drained. I don't think I would ever get to it with the default normal difficulty settings, but it's my machine and my rules . I find the most secret machine to be my favorite wizard mode anyway.
Oompa Loompa Odyssey is hard for sure, but if you just focus on one ball and go for the hard shots first you can collect the super jackpot for some big payout. Keep in mind you can only collect one jackpot per shot until you get the super (for example: shooting the gobstopper ramp multiple times only gives you the jackpot on the first shot until you complete all shots).
These rules are indeed deep and satisfying.

How does one get to the Most Secret Machine wizard mode?

#5327 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you need all 4, or do you get it just for collecting the 5 gob ticket?

Ah, thanks. I have only achieved three golden tickets (on easy). Is there a 3rd golden ticket wizard mode?

1 month later
#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What was the fix? Adjusting that gear that seems to slip?

Yeah, please tell me the fix. Sometimes my Gobstopper will stop at 90 or 270 degrees but it usually resets itself during play. The gear wasn’t the problem

2 months later
#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Adjust the timing of the lock release coil in the settings. The setting controls how long the coil pulses, so adjust it so that the coil stays energized only long enough to let one ball out at a time. That setting is there for exactly this problem.

I had the same issue and only had to adjust to timing of lock release

9 months later
#9049 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why would anyone be negative towards him? He was always very friendly and helpful...

SO helpful. His videos on Wonka are so great. Wish he did Pirates. Any Zaphx level how to videos for Pirates???
Hope he comes back soon.

2 months later
#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Install 2.0 before you make this decision. It dramatically improves balance and gameplay.

I had my CE for sale and pulled it back after replaying Wonka (after not playing for a bit) and then 2.0 changed everything!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
11,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Noma2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.