IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kenswift.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Has anyone a fix for the SDTM from the popbumpers?

I experienced that on an LE I played on location. Is that everyone’s machine?

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Truck this side only on the bottom. Friend or neighbor or wife you don't care much about on the bottom you holding on, on top.
LTG : )

Spoken like a married man

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you can have it fade through colors as shown in video or choose a specific color you want, including white.

That looks tight plus you being on here to help support is worth it for sure!

#6136 3 years ago

Hey Wonka owners. Just asked Joe in a chat for GNR If there’s a new Wonka code coming and he said stay tuned so sounds like there an update a coming!

1 month later
#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Wonka gets the most play here. Although I think DI is my favorite pin. I find Wonka very addicting and if I only play a single pin for the day it's usually Wonka.

DILE is my first pin and I’m debating a second. Between Wonka and JP. Wonka’s a blast.

1 week later
#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting point of view. I love my WOZ, and like my Wonka but I think my Sterns outplay both of them any day. I find JJP games not the best "playing" games but they are a visual feast.

So I own a dialed in which I love, and just ordered a NIB Jurassic Park. I think Sterns give me more ball control (good luck post passing on DILE) and play faster, while DILE is more of a smoother flowy experience. My plan is to always have one of each companies.

1 month later
#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Hello all, just joined the club yesterday and came home with a WW SE.I had a DI on loan from a friend for over a year and absolutely loved it, just returned it last week and played his WW SE. Prior to this I only played a ball or two at a couple of the expos- remember when we used to attend such things? Actually playing the game was very satisfying.This generated the interest and couple that with watching SDTM review of the game and watching their 10 under-rated games and I was hooked.In less than a week I was able to locate a game within 70 miles. There are quite a few posts to buzz through and get a history of this game. I read through the last 3 pages this morning.Looking forward to learning and playing this game and thanks for all the insightful posts. Cheers.
[quoted image]

Which do you like better? Dialed in or Wonka?

9 months later
#9948 2 years ago

My very first pin was Dialed In. I fell in love with it when I played it. Buttery smooth and really original.I was torn between it and Wonka but I went with a DILE. I don’t have much room for pins and I wound up getting a JP Pro and selling it. It was a hard first pin for me because I struggled controlling the ball, and post passing etc. My JP was much easier.

Fast forward a year later and I have a TMNT Premium someone lent me, I have a Godzilla Premium being delivered shortly, and after seeing the 2.0 code, I just had to get the Wonka so I ordered one. I cannot wait to finally join the club and I think I’m decent enough now to appreciate the JJP and hopefully be able to play better.

#9960 2 years ago

Well got my LE today and I have to say I friggin love it. Buttery smooth, looks beautiful. Zach my distributor got it to me so quick my mods haven’t even arrived yet. I don’t know why this game sometimes gets some hate. I guess if you don’t like the theme I get it, but I loved wonka growing up so it’s magical. The powercoating is beautiful as well! It was just build last month and inside the box it smelled like freshly baked bread.

76588813-EBAC-4B79-B8B6-26BF2063D934 (resized).jpeg76588813-EBAC-4B79-B8B6-26BF2063D934 (resized).jpegA69965FB-7095-4056-BC15-2A00CB024AAF (resized).jpegA69965FB-7095-4056-BC15-2A00CB024AAF (resized).jpegCFB356E9-EA18-481C-9C78-D3F4C9088029 (resized).jpegCFB356E9-EA18-481C-9C78-D3F4C9088029 (resized).jpeg
#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I may be a bit biased because Wonka is one of my favorite films, but I think it's the best JJP game by a mile. Having full assets just makes it amazing. The layout is smooth as butter and the code gives you so many ways to play and shoot around that I never get bored.
I think gnr is a great game but I'm just not a huge fan of their music so while I appreciate the game itself the theme is lost on me.
Pirates was so meh with the lack of assets. I think the game is beautiful but loses the world under glass experience for me.
Dialed in is an amazing machine as well but the theme is super lame.
I just hope they give toy story the gnr or wonka asset treatment and don't cheap out. My kids and I love all the films and it will be an instant buy.

Dialed In was my first pin. I think it’s pretty great. Even the theme is good IMO and it shoots great but it’s way too linear. If you don’t follow the, shoot little man, shoot phone scoop, do modes, get sim, you cannot get points.
I just got a Wonka LE and OMG. It’s probably smoother because you have even more shots. I love how you hit one shot but don’t know where it’s coming out. There’s sooo many shots. There’s so many assets and tons of awesome call outs and like you said, so many different ways to approach the game.
I’m going on record as saying it’s my favorite pin to date but I am getting a Godzilla premium next week so let’s see how they stack up. Another issue for dialed in for me was it was so hard to control the ball. Post passing was even tough but on Wonka, I would honestly rather just hit a ramp it’s so easy, to get it to another flipper instead of post passing. It’s only been a day so I’m in the honeymoon phase but it’s so sweet

#9962 2 years ago

Ok last post. Quick question:
You can buy either a pinsub or pin stadiums for your wonka. Which one do you choose?

#9969 2 years ago

Dang. Ok first chink in the armor. So I’m about 50 games in and now when it goes in the TV Saucer it stays there and doesn’t come out until it does a ball search. This can be on a skill shot or if I hit the TV shot during the game. Any suggestions?

A4223727-90E5-4419-BFBA-9B8BF530DC79 (resized).jpegA4223727-90E5-4419-BFBA-9B8BF530DC79 (resized).jpeg
#9971 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the connections and clean the opto - it needs to see the reflection of the pinball. Not a traditional style opto.

Everything seemed good. I just unplugged the opto and plugged it back in and it’s working again. I’ll make sure I clean it regularly. Good info. What a game.

#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I still like these the best. I have a set at home. But ive ruined so many, even these exact ones, that im hesitant to try again. I need to try the "wet method" next time....
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/willy-wonka-gameblades

I put every set on with the wet method. You can’t screw it up and it takes 5 minutes. That being said I ordered mirror blades for this machine. First time. Let’s see how it goes

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I installed mine using the dry method. It was my first time installing blades on a pin. You can catch me messing up one side in this video. I never edit out my mistakes

I've went back and forth on dry vs wet method on arcade video games for years and years. I started with the dry method, then switched to wet, and now have come full circle back to the dry. Even though I messed up one of these pin blades, I'd still do it again via dry. I just feel that the adhesion is stronger, and I've seen vinyl art lose its adhesion over time/weather. That's not to take anything away from the wet method though - I've had lots of success with it. Ultimately, it's personal preference, so do what works best for you.

Thanks for those videos by the way. You cost me a lot of money in mods but you did a stellar job. My tv saucer went out on day 3 of ownership but should be getting a new one tomorrow. Watched your videos again while I waited for the part and ordered yet another $250 in mods

#10023 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I put mirror blades on my first pin machine and I remember what a PITA it was hahhaha. I got it done being a newb back then, so im sure you will be fine..
Funny enough, since then, I still cannot put side blades on. I got my GB ones on by taking the playfield out, but these newer machines have way more connections and removing the playfield isnt easy, especially since I dont have help often...
Like I said, Ill be trying the wet method very soon.

With the wet method you don’t remove the playfield. Spray it with some water with dishsoap and slide it into place. It’s very forgiving and I have never had an issue where it’s moved when it dries.

#10028 2 years ago

Love the game but I’m having another issue. When I plunge if it is landing just past the wonka vision, it’s somehow diverting into the wonkavator. Did it always do this? Not sure why I’m not thinking it did. Here’s a video. Any suggestions?

#10032 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I'm pretty sure mine does that too

Got it. I changed my plunger to a gobstopper. Looks cool but not so practical so maybe I’m midplungling more and not realizing it. It also does it on some shots into the wonkavator but I thought previously I only did it when

Quoted from bigd1979:

On plunge? That diverter sld not be open then. It must be stuck open or not closing all the way

Plunge as well as during the game. Any idea what would cause it or how to fix? Ugh, second issue and it hasn’t even been a week. First was tv saucer opto but they sent me a new one and JJP service was stellar. Now this. This is new to me so any suggestions are really appreciated. Dying to show my machine off to friends but need it working right.

#10035 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

That diverter is, for all intents and purposes, just like a flipper mech. in the sense that it can be gapped incorrectly just like a flipper can. If it doesn't have enough up/down play over its bushing, it will drag just like a flipper can when it comes back to resting position and, like a flipper spring, the spring may not be strong enough to overcome it so it may stick. If you flip the playfield up, you can have a clear look at it. Try wiggling it up and down like you would a flipper from below to make sure it has at least some gapping. If it is too low and you can feel no gap or wiggle room, the screw needs a small loosening and the shaft of the diverter needs just a touch of a movement up (i.e. toward the back of the cabinet in the up position / up above the playfield surface). Remember it's a small adjustment just like on a flipper shaft/bushing setup.

Thanks! The opto you sent me worked like a champ for the other issue. I’ll try this when I get home later today. Thanks for the excellent service by the way.

#10051 2 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Hello, a couple of things on my new Wonka LE.
1. I am a bit concerned about my Gobstopper motor. It spins the Gobstopper when hit, but it only does a quick spin and does not spin slowly awaiting the next hit like I have seen in other videos. During the coil test, it spins, but it seems to make a bit of a grinding noise and sometimes only goes very slow. Should I look to see if I can increase the coil strength possibly?
2. I am trying to install Mezel Mods factory pipe and for the life of me, I cannot get the lower red sections snapped onto the ramp wireform. I would need to expand these pieces probably close to 1/4 inch to get them to fit around the wireform. I am wondering if the later models of the LE (mine is from 9/21) might have a different wireform design?
Thanks!

I don’t understand the gobstopper question. Mine makes the grinding sound during the boot up as well so I think it’s normal. When it hit should spin and open the hole. When you drop a ball in, it should spin again and close. Take a glass off video, roll the ball at it and record and post.

As far as the mezel mod, I just put it on mine, lower part was a bitch, especially the second piece but you can do it. You have to squeeze the wire form a bit. Slide it in the groove on one side then, lower it down and squeeze until the other size pops on. My LE is newer than yours and it works. Now the plastic tubing is a whole different story. I left mine off, couldn’t get it in properly.

#10056 2 years ago

I have to give props to Pinballomatic Steve from JJP. He gives stellar service and honestly couldn’t be a better ambassador for JJP. He helped me work through an issue and literally took is Wonka Apart to send me pics how to fix mine, which I was able to do. Amazing guy and great great service. I then went on to blow it up for my GC Score so far!

I do have two mezel mods, the gobstopper ramp sign and the Wonkabar Ramp sign (dumb sign because it’s actually the factory ramp). The leds are so damn bright on both of these. Has anyone used anything to diffuse these? Any help is appreciated! Love the game. Was so much fun as I had multiple stacked modes, and my first wonkavator multi ball!

#10091 2 years ago

Does anyone have specific rules for each mode?
For instance slugworth multiball is hit a ramp then hit the captive ball for jackpot? Correct?
Or the factory is the ramps but you end it by shooting into the left of the Wonka vision? Is that right?
Some of these things are hard to figure out and would love if there’s rules this detailed somewhere?

#10097 2 years ago

Thanks so much. Gonna bookmark it.

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Ok Wonka owners. Have a big problem. This game is so awesome it's making it impossible to pick out another pin to buy. Nothing really compares. Any suggestions? I've owned woz before so not that. Don't want dialed in. Don't want gnr. Ideas for anything that comes even close to this masterpiece?

I love my Godzilla. Jurassic Park with the movie code was nice too. Owned them both.

#10124 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Ordered my wonka le from flipnout pinball today.

Zach’s the best. I ordered mine on a Sunday and got it on Wednesday. It’s a lot of fun but if I can recommend a pinwoofer upgrade, what a big difference and the game has beautiful music and call outs.

#10146 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So there’s never a time where you hit the Wonkavator shot and the ball gets kicked up the Wonkavator and immediately released?
That happens to me. I can’t tell if that’s part of the game (and I don’t have the ball lock qualified)… or if something’s wrong

Did you get this taken care of? Mine was doing the same thing and what happened was the diverted flag came off. Is it ever staying locked up there when super lock is lit?

#10147 2 years ago

Anyone have an issue where the ball drops into the gobstopper hole but doesn’t register? Seems like it should roll to the right so maybe my balls are magnetized. Ball search kicks in and it pushes it to the left then the right, and then it registers. Doesn’t do it all the time.

#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have Godzilla and I highly recommend. (also have Hobbit). I say get on the list for a Godzilla premium and when it comes it comes. I play that and Wonka a LOT.

Those are my two go twos from my collection. Godzilla is so fast and frenzied, it’s nice to switch to a slower paced wonka. Both are a blast

1 week later
#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ok. Pretty sure my diverter flag fell off too!
How difficult was it to get to that area of the game? Looks like I need to take the wonkavator off... and a ramp or two?\

I can send you an email to help. Make sure you find the two screws that hold the flag on and get loctite to re attach it. I didn’t have it originally and by the time I got some, it was about to fall off again. Let me know in PM if you need the walkthrough. Steve send me comprehensive pics. It’s an easy fix. Hardest part was getting the flag out as it’s not magnetic. I attached some double sided 3M tape to a telescoping magnet and got it out that way.

#10203 2 years ago

Got to wonkas office for the first time yesterday. Didn’t last long unfortunately, was too excited. Was a fun game.

43149DD0-1803-4E95-9DAB-C1F8841FFD98 (resized).png43149DD0-1803-4E95-9DAB-C1F8841FFD98 (resized).pngF6C4E21B-FE47-4928-B3ED-E37EBCB76476 (resized).jpegF6C4E21B-FE47-4928-B3ED-E37EBCB76476 (resized).jpeg
#10207 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Going to drive me knutz having to wait until the 25th to play
[quoted image][quoted image]

I couldn’t do it. Great game. Congrats. I like it the best of all the JJP

2 weeks later
#10313 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Audible at first (and maybe almost buzzy feeling), then you can feel it. I assume it's the shaker, but it doesn't feel anything like any shaker I've ever experienced in any machine. I'm just curious if JJP has some sort of other special mechanism under there.

No extra posts. Just the stock rubbers pinching (see post). I've had this happen before on another pin but it quickly "broke in" and was free. And it's not catching on the rollover.

Rollover looks perfect, just triggering erratically. I'll try changing the settings. Just wanted to know if anyone else had that issue.

Metal leg protectors sound horrible! I'm sure they work great, but metal -seems- like the last thing I'd want in there. And very opposite of the felt set it came with. But again, I'm sure they'd be fine.[quoted image]

I have the kickback issue, it either misses it all together or it just lobs it up, maybe to a gum target at its highest. Doesn’t really bother me and I read of a lot of people who have the same issue. If there’s a fix I would be curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kenswift.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Kenswift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.