IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnTTwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7742 3 years ago

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.

I am assuming it is from an electrical connection in the factory. I turn of the game asap and before I tear into thought maybe a Willy Wizard knows right where it goes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

9B6C3F2D-371A-420E-84A4-20A20D6BEFCA (resized).jpeg9B6C3F2D-371A-420E-84A4-20A20D6BEFCA (resized).jpeg
#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

I cut my Mylar and placed at the ball ejector (previous issues on another game here), and VUK in the right rear (protect edge from chipping).
I also have the smaller dimples on the playfield but chalk this up to normal game use.... maybe wrong here? I have the same on GNR.

Could you please post pics of the mylar placement? Thanks just want to get it right.

#7748 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.
I am assuming it is from an electrical connection in the factory. I turn of the game asap and before I tear into thought maybe a Willy Wizard knows right where it goes.
Thanks in advance for the help.
[quoted image]

What makes this screw stand out is it is brass and not many brass screws you can see from the top.

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The diverter on the wireform on the left. Looks like a screw that holds the coil on.
LTG : )

Yep that is it, man that far left screw and bolt are fun to take off. Put my 5/16" light wrench on a stiff wire used as a long finger, I bet I put it together 4 times til I finally got it right.

Thanks so much for all the help guys.

#7761 3 years ago

Anyone else having the sticker on right below the gobstopper target pulling up?

What is the best way to glue down a loose sticker corner that is popping up?

Man I love this game!

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Are you talking about the sticker on the secret machine big round circle? Do you have any pictures so we can get a better look?
My approach will vary depending on what I'm looking at. Ideas range from heat, e6000, decal adhesive, spray adhesive, 2 way tape, mylar over the whole thing, a razor blade or a new sticker altogether.
I would offer my approach if I could see the situation.
r/
Mike

0682AACA-3B54-48F2-90FD-DB641622C175 (resized).jpeg0682AACA-3B54-48F2-90FD-DB641622C175 (resized).jpeg48861F8F-ACF8-4256-91FF-CFDBEAC040FE (resized).jpeg48861F8F-ACF8-4256-91FF-CFDBEAC040FE (resized).jpeg
#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

As I look at it I see a couple choices. No way it's gonna hold if it's been in the air any length of time. The balls has hit it, it's now compromised and dirty quite possibly.
Spray adhesive is messy and no way I'm doing that unless I've got it (the mechanism)out of the game and can somehow isolate it without getting it on any other part of the plastic secret machine thingy. Highly unlikely.
Full mylar or clear tape trying to cover the whole thing completely might create even more problems and if you just do that small portion then it may not look like you want it to aesthetically. There isn't enough space for a full cover to adhere to on the mech for any length of time.
Maybe 3m Edge Sealing tape could work but the expense compared to a new sticker is probably more expensive if you don't happen to have it lying around.
I'm ordering a new sticker from JJP and in the meantime taking a razor blade and cutting it just beyond the last part of the lift(meaning cutting just behind it where it is still stuck permanently to the plastic secret machine plastic). Then cleaning the adhesive left behind in that little triangle space, first by taking strong tape and applying it sticky side down and lifting to see if I can pull the adhesive off clean, and then maybe a little dawn and water on a rag until it's finally clean so I can go back to playing without worrying about adhesive getting anywhere it shouldn't.
Once sticker gets delivered, I'm pulling the mech secret machine circle portion from the playfield and removing the remaining sticker with warm air and then cleaning it with the same method with dish detergent and a rag until it's spotless. A quick cleaning with alcohol to prep the surface and applying the new sticker. Just use the day as a minor shop day and clean everything else and wax the playfield, tighten screws, in tandem with the sticker install.
There's nothing worse to me than continuously trying to restick a sticker just to watch it lift up time and time again.
Sorry I didn't just say all this yesterday but I wasn't 100% sure what you were referring too. This probably wasn't the answer you were looking for.
I think this is the decal part number. Call Nate at JJP and make sure. He's extremely helpful. (630) 830-5225.
WW Gobble Hole Decal. 62-100010-00. Part of Assy. 51-100010-00. Drawing C-34 Item 13 in the photo is what I believe to be the sticker we're looking for.
Sorry I wasn't more helpful.
r/
Mike

Mike thanks so much this is exactly what I needed to hear! I really appreciate the time and thought you put into your response. I enjoy doing things the right way.

John

2 weeks later
#8217 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I ORDERED A WW CE TODAY ... CAN’T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who still has them, game is so awesome for non pinheads and pinheads may wrap one up for an investment.

#8278 3 years ago

Can someone let me know if a screw is missing here? Maybe post a pic of it if there is. Thanks John

EDAAA54A-E4F4-40C7-B275-4AA350575FF7 (resized).jpegEDAAA54A-E4F4-40C7-B275-4AA350575FF7 (resized).jpeg
#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does the Wonka tower rotate? Looks like it maybe lost a screw from underneath the plastic.

Yes it is rotated counter clockwise at this point.

1 month later
#8475 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

My opinion, just since you asked:
Wonka: fun
GNR: intense
They are both amazing games so you can't go wrong with either. If I had to choose one it would be Wonka.

This post is so funny. I was actually laughing out loud playing WW today, some games get me upset Willy makes me smile and laugh. My wife can tell which game I just got done playing.

#8476 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Holy shit! The Most Secret Machine mode is sooooooooooooo grooooooooovyyyy! It is trippy man! Like 60’s electric Kool Aid acid test trippy. Like walking through Spencer’s in the late 70’s trippy. Like hanging out in the Psychedelic Shack baby! Faaaaarrrr Ouuuutttt!!
Lit the game up like Chinese New Year this morning and scored 11M and change. Was sooooo close to 3 tickets. Another couple of Wonkavator jackpots and I’d had it!
That game was like a Technicolor day dream. And when it finally ended I was a little disoriented, finding myself in a dark quiet room after all that rich, vivid stimulation.

I’m still learning the game and have never done drugs, but when you look up and see 1/2 a sink 1/2 a clock you’re mind races then you get screamed at “you get nothing “. So funny.

#8527 2 years ago

Scared to update our WW We are just loving this game and don't want to burn out on it so figure Hey run it like this and maybe update in like a year or when we are looking for a change.

Anyone else doing this?

#8531 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why scared to update??
I know there are a handful of people who had issues but im sure there are even more that didnt.
I had no issue at all doing a full install. I backed up my stuff prior, did the install, and then restored the backup.. Super easy.

No scared of the process, just don't want my perfect game to change on me, I love it the way it if the misses love it.

#8534 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For any JJP folks considering features for code updates, it would be great if we had the option to increase ball save times during MBs. My family and I enjoy the challenge of the factory presets for obtaining golden tickets (it should be hard!) but the ball save times, especially for when our kids play, just feel too short and would be nice to have this option in a future update. Thank you!

My wife asked for the auto save “don’t move” time to be increased. I couldn’t find it in the menu.

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

For clarity about wonka's office, the collect shot doesn't rotate, it's the same 3 shots... once you've completed the shot requirement each level, you can either continue or collect at one of the three (they're displayed on the LCD) and each one has a multiplier associated. The kid target will always be 3x, for example. The camera ramp will always be 2x. I don't know what the other one is off the top of my head because who cares about 1x lol.

When I am playing Wonkas office I get to a point and he screams he knew Charlie would do it. The flippers quit working, the ball drains, I get about 1/2 million points and then it pops the ball out in the shooter lane as the same ball (turn). I am running the older code. I have no idea how I win this
Wonkas office.

Sounds like I need to look up at the screen and see what I need to shoot to complete a bit quicker instead of getting screamed at "I get nothing" when I drain.

#8595 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sounds like you completed it, but that you want to run the mode longer...

I kinda want to know how I am finishing it. What does it take to finish it, other the flaring around for a while?

7 months later
#10258 2 years ago

So I did a update a while back and ever since I haven't gotten the boat ride. Seems like Wonkas office is easier but no boat ride. I liked the boat ride how to get to it now?

2 months later
#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Just got an LE. Can I get some thoughts on must have mods for this? Favorites? Thanks

Don’t get the pile of chocolate blocks the light on the center ramp.

#11197 2 years ago

They are in my line of sight and during golden egg room you need to see what color the center ramp light is, don't want any bad eggs!

I hit pure imagination for the first time tonight! What a treat!!!!! Had no idea what to do but got that messed up pinball high feeling!!!

#11208 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I heard removing the cheater post plug will cause a stuck ball.

Not yet but it slows it down to a crawl!!

Dam good video you put on YouTube for us. Your name is Derek correct?

Thanks for all you effort helping others (us). You’re like a mini pinside of information. I also enjoy your retorts of the crabby negative dudes as well. Keep it up! If you’re ever in this miserable freezer box around Minnecrapolis please hit me up you and the gal have a place to stay and play.

John

#11213 2 years ago

Great way to get one started on hitting Pure Imagination!

1 week later
#11277 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Recently got WW LE and absolutely love it. Super fun game. What is the best resource to really understand how to play it and what you're trying to accomplish? I know it's known to be a super deep and sometimes confusing game, but anywhere out there that does a good job walking through the game with the latest code? Appreciate it.

I’m getting to really learn this game after Dereks videos the next step is folloing the call out instructions and reading the small wonka TV. It really does tell you what to do

#11279 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Once you can decode all the lights and sounds and start using the mini screen to your advantage this game really opens itself up to you.

Yes and those darn bad eggs!!! Urg why is it so hard to not shoot the perfect ramp shot when it’s red????

3 weeks later
#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Could someone please explain how to get wonka vat or multiball?

Shoot it into the Gobstopper hole 3 times.

Hit it into the target above the upper left flipper (after at least one kid is qualified)

2 weeks later
#11455 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I bought a slot machine topper for my machine. I don’t have it in hand yet but hopefully I can figure out how to control the rgb LEDs in it. If anyone else has already done this, please PM me![quoted image]

So does this happen in pure imagination?

#11487 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What is the secret to decent scores on this game? I can’t seem to get over the 4 million mark

I struggled for quite a while as well. Just read information on what is what on the play field, learn what to shoot for, follow the little screen instructions. Do you know how to get kid multiball? Wonkavator multi, if so the next step is getting those multiball jackpots.

And one shot I always left alone was the clean shot up through the bumpers and then make the center ramp as the ball comes around to the upper right flipper. I did not even know it was a shot for 6 months. Super skill shot is a huge help on filling the candy jar and factory tours. "Candy Man" hit the three red targets, the list goes on and no bad EGG shots!!!

#11492 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Who all has found the secret super skill shot? Not sure how much it is common knowledge. It’s a four-shot combo that begins with hitting the camera ramp after the plunge (and after holding left flipper to indicate you want to try for super skill shot). I can give the remaining spoiler if anyone wants.

Hmm thanks for sharing I will be searching for shot 3 and 4

3 weeks later
#11568 1 year ago

I have 2 questions on game play.

Is their any significance in the type of candy in the candy jar?

How is the quickest way to light super lock? Missed my vator ticket and was so pissed!!!! One shot away from pure imagination!!!

#11603 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Multiballs. It is usually a subtle direction change but it depends on the speed of the ball.
One time I saw it get yanked in the complete opposite direction!

Ha ha ha so funny. It’s like am I playing Addams Family cuz that ball whipped up the playfield.

#11616 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Can confirm the magnets on mine also cause some hell time from time. Seems to be more prevalent in multi balls. Seems appropriate since it’s supposed to be Willy wonkas chocolate factory after all.

100% agree magnet craze in Multiball, fits the game well and in WTH this is nutz.

Derek was you crazy anti gravity ball during multi?

#11628 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Lubing the spinner makes it a lot easier

Silicon? Oil? what is the best long term lube?

Thanks

#11644 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Use super lube. Just one drop on each side. Put a cloth underneath to catch any accidentally drips.
amazon.com link »

Thanks so much, and I already had some in the garage

#11716 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

What worked for me was to hit the ball at the absolute earliest moment you think you could. It might not be intuitive at first, but do it. Then adjust from there. Now I make it 95% of the time.

Sounds easy until you have to hit it one last time for the vador golden ticket! Then I chunck five shots at it in a row! Ha ha ha

Wonka is a funny game mine sat forever getting one play a month, now its my go to game!!!

#11738 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Top 1 . Absolutely bolted! And yes modes galore all day long!

I don't think I have completed Ompa Lumpa oddesy yet. You just have to hit every shot that is lit green correct? Then what happens?

#11739 1 year ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So finally hit…”most secret machine” last night.
The light show is mesmerizing and I need to get back there real soon! What a beautiful mode this is!
I also got 4 golden tix on my journey there. So I’m just one short! I may never get to Valinor on my LOTR but I (naively) feel that pure imagination is within my grasp!

So when playing secret machine there are plenty of settings for the special affects. I have mine set right above sick, I can't imagine what the thing does when it is on sick mode and I have a jelly belly for motion sickness so I am scared of it!

Go into settings and check it out.

My machine is set on easy so I get it about 1 in five games. Average around 10 mil with 35 mil being the highest. And I am on old code, which I love and am not looking for more yet

#11823 1 year ago

I was watching some videos on Wonka and noticed on some games the inserts in front of the gobstopper says BIG POINTS on it. Does yours say it? Mine does not.

#11847 1 year ago

So seems like everyday I am stuck here!!!

Vader evader!!! Need me some pure imagination! ASAP!

F8A8425C-ED89-43E7-AC73-724BCFA7DC6F (resized).jpegF8A8425C-ED89-43E7-AC73-724BCFA7DC6F (resized).jpeg
#11857 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Also expensive, Charlie or Veruca Kid MB without making their shots.
Requalifying them requires completing the blue factory modes and starting them again.
The most important thing to do in Wonka is make sure you get your kid shots during every Kid MB.

Hmm I do not know if I am doing this, could you please explain how to whack each one? Is it just the qualifiing shot to get the individual jackpots? Like Blue for Mike Teavee under TV, Charlie the spinner, gum targets then I am a bit lost.

Thanks

John

#11859 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmm I do not know if I am doing this, could you please explain how to whack each one? Is it just the qualifiing shot to get the individual jackpots? Like Blue for Mike Teavee under TV, Charlie the spinner, gum targets then I am a bit lost.
Thanks
John

I do know sometimes I hit the kid multiball target and get super jackpot and it sounds big and cool but no idea how much it is worth since I can't look up with a play field full of balls.

#11860 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Similar boat for me, finishing off Wonkavator multiball is definitely challenging. The most frustrating part is if you fail to finish it, it takes a while to re-qualify and feels like chopping wood.
However, I enjoy pure imagination less than the most secret machine.
I got 14 gobstoppers on the most secret machine yesterday, what's your record?

Holy crap 14 is big I am at like 9! Not even double digits. Seems easy for me to sink them when the hole is moving then stationary? You?? Is is after 3 it starts moving?

2 weeks later
#12033 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka has the best code. The rewards are huge for each GC.

Is GC grand champion?

1 week later
#12062 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

That's bonkers! Hahhaa nice!

Congrats I finally had 4 golden tickets last night on my first ball. Drain drain drain sad went to bed! Thought PI was in the bag!

#12068 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Loving WW even more 2nd time round. Just got my kid golden ticket. Thank you zaphX.
Quick Q. The candy cane on the left / right out-lanes, should I be rolling over when lit or changing it from left/right to move it?? What are the candy canes giving me??
Thank you [quoted image]

Make sure they are unlit when the ball goes through the lane. Switching which one is lit by the flippers of course.

1 week later
#12172 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think were are confusing two issues.
1. The sound design (aka the "sounds like a slot machine" idiots)
2. The machine's sound quality_ which I do find lacking.
That is why I said that I was super impressed when I played it with headphones.
It sounds like I will also be super impressed with a pinwoofer setup.

Have you been following the DYI speaker upgrade thread? Very informative and interesting.

3 weeks later
#12295 1 year ago

Seems so odd. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and first day back playing set the GC at my dads on MB, got to try and rule the universe but didn’t get the 5 billion and tgen on Wonka tonight this?

Do you ever have a monster game after some time off?

134CACD9-A4E1-463C-B481-6C66E1C8277B (resized).jpeg134CACD9-A4E1-463C-B481-6C66E1C8277B (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#12410 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That’s what I don’t get.
POTC is all about the 6 multiball stack and everyone loves it.
GNR has 2/3 as many multi balls and everyone whines.

Keep those POTC values up

#12417 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm keeping mine, I don't care about the values.
If I were JJP I would strongly consider doing a POTC run right now. Nobody would complain about POTC for 15K.

Exactly proven winner!!

And their license allows for it.

1 week later
#12443 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Officially just joined the club with WWLE #1023! Thanks to those in this thread with all the great info. Going to be studying the key posts but any other new owner advice would be appreciated! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is a great DIY thread on sound upgrades, I am not a concert or like super sound guy but will be doing speaker upgrades on mine.

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Love the chocolate bars mod though. It adds to the magic.
[quoted image]

I despise mine, it’s coming off. Hate not seeing the center ramp.

1 week later
#12493 1 year ago

To date i have never finished Ompa Lompa Oddessy.

I seem to leave one shot frustrating but makes me want it more.

What happens after making the last shot?

1 month later
#12598 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Man, got to Wonka's Office last night as it has been a while. What a great mode. Didnt win but was just so exciting to play. Amazing light show.
Speaking of which, how exactly does that mode get started?

Did you flip that prick off after he yelled at you?

#12606 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've asked before but never got any answer. When you get candy or factory from the inlanes, those values don't seem to be added immediately. Do you have to collect those somehow? Like if I have WONK for the factory and I roll over the lit factory inlane, it does not progress to WONKA. What's the deal there?

I really struggled with this, make sure the candy cane is unlite when you go through the lane and it will light and give you a chunk of candy in the candy jar.

#12611 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

You only get it if it's unlit? That doesn't seem right.

Well it will seem really right when you see your candy count go from 16 to 17 after you run the ball through it unlit. It sure did for me ha ha ha

#12612 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Yeah I think that is correct. About the factory inlane switch, if I remember correctly, it briefly lights the factory stand up target (to right of factory ramp) and if you hit the target while lit it qualifies a factory mode instantly without having to spell out Wonka. It’s like a short cut to do it.

Yes fun to do but really risky with that stupid post rebound for quick drain!!!

#12623 1 year ago

OMG how frustrating the easiest golden ticket evades me on a good game god I hate (love) this game.

F7C01CE7-6C3D-4AA9-B9EB-881E7DD5C6EB (resized).jpegF7C01CE7-6C3D-4AA9-B9EB-881E7DD5C6EB (resized).jpeg
#12663 1 year ago
Quoted from RellikJM:

My big question is why they didn't use these sounds for the Everlasting Gobstopper machine sound once you've hit it? They used some sort of short clip that repeats endlessly, and I think is "supposed" to sound like the candy being extruded but it's awful. Big miss in my book. It should, nay needs to be changed in a future update. If you like the current sound, JJP could make it a menu choice.

This is a great suggestion, Does JJP even look at or listen to ideas like this?

4 weeks later
#12761 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Another option is to pick up the following mod which protects the Oompa Loompa and the camera. One day I found my Oompa Loompa laying on the playfield as an airball had dislodged the Oompa Loompa from the camera so I reattached and re-glued the Oompa Loompa to the camera and then installed the pile of chocolate bars mod and have had no issues since in 9 months.
https://www.ulekstore.com/Chocolate_Bars_MOD_for_JJP_s_Willy_Wonka_pinball_p/wwcocobars.htm
Gord
[quoted image]

My chocolate bar mod broke week one, plus it blocks your view of the center ramp area.

2 weeks later
#12790 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

These are 499 from JJP plus ship right now.. just FYI

Any idea on how much a CE playfield is?

Thanks

1 month later
#12822 1 year ago

Anyone put per

Quoted from flipperstick:

Did ZAPHX get out of pinball?

I hope not a true asset!!!

3 weeks later
#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I can't believe this whole time I never noticed the shot under the upper right flipper. Three successful attempts starts the "I've Got A Golden Ticket" feature. Seriously, this isn't documented -anywhere-?

Awesome do you raise the right flipper and hold it up to hit this target? Feel like I gotta get my ass out of bed and run downstairs ASAP!!

Thanks

#12903 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Is le wonka worth it over a dialed in le that might cost 3k less?

Looking at market place archives. Yes

6 months later
#13330 6 months ago

After looking at EJ I am so happy to have my WW CE. No need for EJ

1 week later
#13364 5 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Deadliest Target Ever?
Could there be a more certain way to drain than to hit the target on the left side of the entrance to the Factory Ramp?
Man, from left flipper, hitting that thing clean is instant SDTM death.
Oof!

On mine I can stop it occasionally with a quick right flipper after a nudge to the left. At certain points I really want to hit that factory switch. If that is the same one you are talking about.

#13374 5 months ago

I’m talking about the target on the left side of the entrance to the right “Factory” ramp, not the Factory target.[quoted image]

Mine always jumps off that target hard left. I took a slo mo video of it but can’t post it. How close is your target to the right side ball gaurd?

IMG_5597 (resized).jpegIMG_5597 (resized).jpeg
#13375 5 months ago

I’ll try a series of pics.

IMG_5600 (resized).jpegIMG_5600 (resized).jpegIMG_5601 (resized).jpegIMG_5601 (resized).jpegIMG_5602 (resized).jpegIMG_5602 (resized).jpegIMG_5603 (resized).jpegIMG_5603 (resized).jpeg
#13400 5 months ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Me neither. But Derek's played probably 1000 more games of Wonka than I have ha ha

What is a shooter lane rejection? I must not have had one either.

#13424 5 months ago

Thanks for your encouragement, but if I'm being honest, the build quality of this game lags behind that of Stern games. Stern's auto-launch assembly for example is just tighter and more consistent. Its kicker arm is also cut from thicker-gauge stainless and has less lateral flex. JJP flippers are another example: they require fully a quarter inch of shaft slop to prevent the plunger from binding in the sleeve with each stroke. That's, well, absurd. A Stern flipper can be set up with just a few millimeters of shaft slop and the stroke doesn't suffer. Jersey Jack is faithful to the old B/W builds and uses those same old parts. In my opinion, Stern has improved on those old designs and there is no reason to be faithful to the old ones. The flipper cranks are another example. They are cast steel on Sterns and grasp well without a ton of torque to the pinch bolt. On JJP/B/W they are stamped and use a pinch bolt that bends under load. Just a bad design.
But I apologize! I didn't mean to poop on this game or the members of this group. I'm just venting a little because it's my first JJP and this particular game is proving very hard to dial and enjoy as intended.

Wow I feel bad for you but hope you got a screaming deal. I can see why the person who owned it sold it. Did they disclose all this stuff? Honestly with this, tge SDTM out of the pops, and tge right red target SDTM I may only get 1-2 golden tickets ever. Game would need serious fixes to keep. Sad.

#13435 5 months ago

Thanks for looking again, but that fork ramp is flat, true, and securely mounted.
Time to buy a replacement auto-launch assembly because I have already tried dozens (and seemingly *all*) variations in the position of the mounting plate and the angle of the kicker arm and the spacing of the tines and I am still not getting it.

Where you able to make a trade with this machine for that EHoH you offered on?

3 weeks later
#13518 4 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Back in the club!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Hows that Bubble hockey doing?

I played with my Willie tonight as well!

3 months later
#13868 28 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

ULEKstore’s candy bar mod that goes in front of the camera is said to help. I haven't had a problem with having the right ramp covered from the start.

Didn’t work for me. Urggggg

3 weeks later
#13906 6 days ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Hi all…what are people’s thoughts about trading a WW LE for a Godfather LE, especially those who have experienced both in a home environment?

Very simple. Fail on Wonkas office and watch the screen.

That is what I think of that trade. No comparison.

#13921 4 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exiting pinball and moving.

Machine - For Sale

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (CE)

New ad!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm exiting pinball and moving, and need to sell.

This is #19, chosen for the year of manufacture.
Condition is great, save for a small area of playfield failure under the left ed...”

20 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(831 mi)

zaphX

Parts - For Sale

Wonka CE Playfield and Full Plastics Set

New ad!

New (selling one) - “We loved our Wonka so much (and played it so much) I purchased this so I could refresh the game to perfection at any time.

My game still doesn't need it, and I'm exiting pinball a...”

20 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(831 mi)

zaphX

If we boycott your sale items can we force you to stay in?????

Thanks for all your help and information you have provided the pin community, it is better because of you.

Thanks again. Good luck and have fun.

#13924 4 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Only if you volunteer to move them safely from Frisco TX to Los Gatos CA, and get them up/down the myriad of stairs at the new place!

Las Gatos nice! I lived off Blossom Hill and Meridian. 17 to Santa Cruz will be fun drive for you enjoy. I wish there was a way to help. I believe you will eventually have a pin at your new location. It’s a sickness that is hard to shake!!!

#13929 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm really happy to hear it! I love Wonka's rules - JJP's best IMO. It took us a good long time to understand them fully and start to build strategy around them.
It's an outstanding game for people who actually play pinball.

Can you please do me one last favor before selling your game. Adjust the difficulty level down and get to Pure Imagination!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnTTwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=JohnTTwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.