IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2352 4 years ago

Are there any distributors offering free shipping for a Wonka SE? I do have a local distributor but he only accepts cash for free shipping and I was hoping to instead use Paypal credit.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might be hard to find. They aren't supposed to give extras anymore.
LTG : )

Thanks. The MSRP is all the same which I understand. But I do notice distributors will have differences in shipping costs, figured some of them are offering it for free.

1 week later
#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just checked the box and there is a plastic tube in it, I missed it, back to install it.
The 3d lines are only visible in close up shots, the quality looks very good to me[quoted image]

What part of the movie does this mod reference? The white machine thing and red tubing look familiar but I don't remember from what. This mod and the mushroom grassy knoll mod look nice.

1 week later
#2692 4 years ago

I'm very close to buying my first pinball machine, a Wonka LE. I noticed Jerseyjack's website doesnt charge tax if you're out of State. I live in California. Does this shithole State hold people ransom and force payment of Use Tax, or is it supposed to voluntarily be paid?

#2702 4 years ago

Do the majority of Wonka players leave the posts removed that are between the flippers and on the drain chute in the far left, or are they supposed to be installed? I want to play and achieve high scores as how it was intended. Jersey Jack left them off when unpacking my LE, so i am assuming that is how they want you to play the game?

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Between the flippers? Also i bought my le used and the left outlane has a post installed in the lowest hole... im keeping it like this bc the game is still difficult with brutal outlanes.

Maybe there isnt a screw hole between my flippers. But there is definitely one for the left outlane. The balls drops through there a lot without the post installed, but i feel like im handicapping myself too much if i put it on, so I'm not sure what to do as how it was designed and intended

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I like the way there is so much information in the display and then there’s that light show - wow

The light show is excellent on this game, especially when you play with the house lights dimmed or off. This machine feels like it just needs some good toy mods to feel complete, as the movie has many gizmos and contraptions to do so.

#2715 4 years ago

After two fun days of playing my LE, it will now not boot up. Nothing is displayed on the LCDs, and no computer fans spin. All I hear is a faint hum when i power on, so i know it's getting power. I read on here this could happen if you turn the pinball machine on and quickly turn it back off, which is the last thing i did before this happened.

From what i read, I think i have to place a jumper on the reset pins on the motherboard. I couldnt figure out how to get to the motherboard after removing the translite. Is there a thread on Pinside showing how to do this? It doesnt have to be specifically for Wonka, any JJP game is probably built similarly

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did Steve help you ?
If so this picture will help.
LTG : )[quoted image]

I got it fixed. Had to short the two PWR pins on the motherboard as suggested by him. Thank you.

Before this happened, the last thing i did on my machine was turn it on, then i turned it back off after about 5 seconds. So something hiccupped when turning it off prematurely like that.

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was digging around in the settings a few days ago and there were always some settings to make those modes easier. However my better half forbids any changes that make the game easier as "that is cheating!"

Yes, I leave everything at default too. I'd rather die a man hitting gutter balls than go to the kiosk and ask the attendant to put up the bumpers.

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Is there a rubber kit available for this game? A lot of my rubber is abraiding and flaking and i can't find a kit for it. Does anyone know if one is available for Wonka or if i can buy a rubber kit for different game?

My rubber is starting to disintegrate too. I'm wondering if a rubber dressing like this would work well with the rubber? It act like a conditioner for the rubber and absorbs into it, keeping it from being too dry and brittle. I use this stuff on my car around all the rubber trim and it lasts for a very long time. Not sure if it would affect ball movement though.
20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png

#2856 4 years ago

I'm glad they didn't put Willy Wonka on the topper, his mug is already in enough spots.

2 months later
#3561 4 years ago

Nice looking topper, it even looks better than the CE topper IMO. I like the Wonkatania backdrop. Bought.

#3603 4 years ago

The thickness of that topper's plastic is good, I was thinking these would be much thinner. I like the artwork.

2 weeks later
#3763 4 years ago

Also in regards to toning down difficulty, does everyone have the post installed in the outer left lane? I've left mine off the entire time and after hundreds of games I've only been able to get 2.5Mil and 2 golden tickets.

1 week later
#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im sure you have, but have you had fair time with an LE with wonkavator?
Back when I first started getting into the hobby, I bought my first machines, TWD Pro. I later regretted not getting the Premium as I felt I was missing out on some cool stuff... I said I would never make that mistake again. Year or so later, bought a GB Premium and never regretted it.
Now im back to the decision haha. My fear of missing out is my issue ha. But I agree, the jump in price is what is making this so hard.

The Wonkavator is my favorite thing on my LE, I didn't want to persuade myself not to like it just because it cost an extra $2K to get. I love hearing that bell chime while watching the balls roll out one at a time. I've already long forgotten about the extra $2K spent, but I still get the enjoyment of the Wonkavator to this day.

#3955 4 years ago

Is Jersey Jack working on a patch to tone down the luminosity for the new topper they released? Is this even possible to be fixed through a software patch? If they match the translite luminosity that would be perfect.

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

But Charlie's not a brat.

He stole fizzy-lifting drink, but he may have been egged on to do it from his welfare-loafing "cripple" of a grandpa.

#4011 4 years ago

I like that the manual can be digitally stored within the machine, but it must take forever to scroll through and zoom on pages with the 4 coin door buttons versus a printed manual.

1 week later
#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The game came with what looks like two extra pieces of mylar, just about half circles... Are these supposed to go somewhere? Sling area?

Id like to know this too. I saw those in my coinbox but havent installed them. I wasnt sure if it was optional, or an extra set for what is already installed, or if they are required to be installed.

2 weeks later
#4511 4 years ago

I went to install my Jersey Jack topper, and I noticed this in my backbox. A severely ruptured capacitor. So severe that it oozed out and dripped onto the below capacitors, at least that's what I hope happened and that the others didn't rupture. My game still plays fine and no errors, but if this thing was blown from the very beginning then I would be oblivious to a problem.

Is this something I contact Jersey Jack on, or my distributor? I bought this machine from Pinball Pirate here in Benecia CA. If it's a simple solder fix I can probably do it myself, I just don't know what capacitor to buy. Any idea what this capacitor even does?
DSC04087 (resized).JPGDSC04087 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#5008 3 years ago

How exactly did they solve a paint chipping issue that only happened around the drill holes for posts? It is odd for the playfield to peel in only those areas. I almost got caught up in that clearcoat pooling fiasco but then came to my senses and realized it is not even an issue and bought my Wonka LE after knowing this. The clearcoat wasn't applied incorrectly, the pooling is due to the nuts and screws being tightened onto the playfield, but even then it is not an issue. But the actual paint chipping is another matter. Maybe the overly tightened nuts and screws were so overtightened that they etched through the clear coat and bonded into the actual paint itself from the overtightened pressure, so when a post was lifted, it brought up the paint with it?

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was thinking it was them not allowing enough time for the clear coat to dry before putting the posts in..

I just installed a new Mirco Indiana Jones playfield that came out last month. I saw the same pooling happen to the clearcoat on it when I very tightly fastened the washers and screws. It is not even an issue in my opinion. Maybe the paint chipping is from curious people picking at the pooling like it was a scab, and causing the paint to chip off.

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So do you feel its an issue with the clear coat not setting right?

The clear coat looked perfect, and he allowed more than enough time for these playfields to dry. When you tighten these posts down, I don't think it is soft clear coat rising above the surface, I think it is the wood and clearcoat compressing beneath the posts, causing it to look like the pooling is raised.

#5017 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I disagree. If it's pooled you'll want to flatten it down, or it will eventually chip on its own. I did not pick at this in any way, all I did was play the game.
To remediate I used the yelobird playfield iron technique coupled with vireland mylar circles to seal, and finally Titan playfield washers. It worked out very well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks bad. I have not read how Jersey Jack has remedied this. I can only think they began to use less torque to tighten the screws down as of October 2019.

1 week later
#5165 3 years ago

I can hit that shot from cradle. It is a somewhat difficult shot to make on my machine, I have to hit the ball from the very tip of the flipper, otherwise the ball always seems to want to go up to the Wonkavision area. My machine is leveled correctly too so it must be due to different tolences of the analog mechs because I remember it being a much easier shot when I played on a different machine.

4 months later
#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I know other folks told me to take the rubbers off the post but I like to have rubbers on the post. I have the smallest rubbers 3/8” on the post and the ball won’t go through the insane. This design makes no sense.
[quoted image]

I have this same issue and trimming off some of the rubber with an Xacto knife helped, but now I have the ball rotating the rubber every time it rubs against it and it gets stuck again. So unless I trim the rubber all 360 degrees, I am thinking to super glue the rubber to the metal post. I might instead try that method LTG said.

1 month later
#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Welcome to my world lately. I played a bunch over the weekend, probably 20 games and didnt get close to being over 500,000. This machine is the king of drains! Its a love-hate relationship haha.

The only way I was able to enjoy this game was to add the post in the upper hole for the far left outlane. The ball drain from the pop bumpers can be prevented somewhat with skill, but that outlane is extremely unforgiving.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

how did you remove that black button plug? does it screw out or can you punch it out from the bottom?

I punched it out from the bottom. It was wedged in there tightly.

1 month later
#7126 3 years ago

What was the "more surprises!" that Jersey Jack advertised for the CE? Or are the surprises so good, only CE owners can share between one another?

#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

never hurts to ask.. from what I know all thats left NIB is CEs.
Everything is sold out.

Did Jersey Jack stop production of Wonkas indefinitely? It doesn't feel like they built all 5,000 of the Limited editions. Every time something ends production, the sudden urge from others to want it kicks in.

#7165 3 years ago

Is that a Kingston SSD in there? One small pet peeve for JJP machines is the long bootup time. Surprised it takes as long as it does even with an SSD inside these.

#7188 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How else are we gonna finish the damn game?

After 1100 games, I finally got to Wonka's Office mode, but only accumulated two golden tickets after reaching this score lol.
DSC_3348 (resized).JPGDSC_3348 (resized).JPG

#7270 3 years ago

Pinball cabinets are not designed at all for audiophile standards. The grills for the speakers aren't even acoustically transparent on any of these companies' cabinets. As long as the bitrate for the sound and music is CD quality which it is, boomy bass is always misinterpreted as good sound quality. But that's all you really need in a pinball machine is bass.

4 weeks later
#7583 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Replaced the inner metal post rubber with a cap rubber and the ball still passes through all three lanes just fine.

When I had the white rubber on the center post, I had some days where the ball would pass through just fine, and other days where it would constantly get stuck. I figured it was probably due to the playfield wood flexing back and forth overtime and I just leave the rubber off now. But now I should use your method now. It never feels right having the ball hit bare metal

3 weeks later
#8100 3 years ago

I was just about to update my machine to 1.34, but now I noticed Jersey Jack has no reference of the 1.34 patch on its website, they pulled the patch entirely. They must have been receiving too many complaints. Maybe we should hold off on updating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Flipper_McGavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.