IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Want to know if you owner like the game?
Did it me or exceeded your expectations?
Not the issues just game play?
Is it Deep enough?
Munster I bought was boring as hell so sold it after 6 months.
I have WOZ and HOBBIT both are fantastic.
Please info so I can make a LE Wonka decision.
Thanks in advance

Great questions. Maybe this is an own thread?
I hope you dont mind me adding some?

What are the objectives code wise?
For pirates,woz and especially hobbit, it´s pretty clear, but what are thoose for wonka?

Can charlie reach Success?
Can you make the elevator get the bucket family?

#1002 4 years ago

Seems to me the standard is the sensible choice.
I really dont fancy the look of the wonkavator lock, but the sidearts looks better, but not 2k$ better.

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You didn't consider the possibility of $500 in taxes? Most parts of the country the taxes on a $7500 purchase would be at least that.
Plus the listing price says $7500 but the description says 8000. Probably an error or just giving people a realistic estimate of what it would be with taxes. Hardly a "gouge".

You are lucky over there in regards to tax and pricing.
Here in sweden a new standard wonka+tax costs 10400$
A new LE comes in just under 13K$

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hey wonka lovers and owners:
i have a Wonka SE. my upper left magnet (above the upper left flipper) is NOT working. so, the ball is not being grabbed when the kid multiball target is struck, and when the ramp diverter drops it onto the play field. this is a major bummer, as it affects several aspects of the game.
i have contacted JJP support, and now we seem to be at a dead end. there is continuity everywhere, the magnet is getting power (70v), the fuses are OK, all connections seem fine. i have traced the wires back to the IO board, and no connections are off, or loose. in the test, the magnet will NOT fire at all; it will not grab the ball. it seems as if there is no command being sent to the board to fire the magnet.
any ideas or suggestions would be awesome. I am at the end of my rope.

Really sucks. Sorry to hear.
If you are 100% sure, there are NO connection issue, voltage or relay. It gets voltage? But it doesn't get signal to turn on voltage, even from The board?
If you are not sure, try(if possible) to connect that magnet to Another magnet controller.

If all that works, maybe try a reinstall?

Sorry that might have been confusing. If there is a coupling scheme added try to change coupling on the controller with Another magnet. If the other magnet during test isnt working it's something wrong with the controller/board.

1 week later
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just did a golden ticket finish for a customer. I may redo my LE as i like it more[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovely.

(need pictures assembled)

1 week later
#1673 4 years ago

Does anybody understand why JJP chooze to stay with mirco?
I simply Dont get it.

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hi guys. First off, I have been a Jersey Jack pinball owner for only two weeks, so I’m new. However my experience with their technical support so far is nothing short of outstanding. I’ve spoken with both Frank and Steve and Steve has even helped me on his day off on weekends. They have been very responsive and their service really couldn’t be any better. I feel I should probably say more about the star post issue and what washers to use. It may be that the neoprene are worse and that the plastic ones sent by JJ are better. My initial impression could have been totally wrong on that. They are checking on a few things to see what is best, but they are definitely on the problem. I’m very satisfied they will take care of me. As soon as they figure out the playfield issues, which apparently other manufacturers are also experiencing now, I will definitely buy another one. Nobody makes cooler pins than JJ IMHO. They didn’t realize that Micro’s playfields were having such issues so I don’t blame them. As long as they fix it, what else can we expect?

I Dont know How long they are obligated/contracted to mirco, but after potc, they sure must know mirco is crap.

Very puzzled on the whole playfield issue. I've seen williams/bally pf's more then 20 years, looking as good as new.
What's this re-invent the wheel shit?

Otherwise i agree JJP games are spectacular and great, which imo makes it even worse and pisses me of royally.

2 weeks later
#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe the CE will have liquid cooled magnets. (Just joking.) Joe will hopefully find a good solution through code that will keep the magnet cool and happy, and yet not overheat the player.

The se and le allready has liquid cooled magnets.
They call it playfield cooling.

1 week later
#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Some info, and a question.
INFO:
We installed the extra outlane post in 2nd (highest) position, and put the smallest (3/8" OD) o-ring on it. A 3/8" OD ring on the post between inner lanes caused the ball to usually get stuck when going through leftmost inner lane, as documented in the thread. I don't like cutting down an o-ring, cause I'm sloppy at it, it looks bad (IMO), and they always seem to rotate to the thickest diameter after awhile.
If you want something on that post, for now, I found that 5/32" (4 mm) heat shrink tubing works well over the post, but only lasts ~50-100 games (depends on game length). I'll try to search some thin rubber sleeves with ~4 mm ID that will last longer.

Just a suggestion, maybe a valve rubber for a bicycle would work?
I´m not sure of the right terminology, but hopefully you know what i mean?

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well stated. My wife and I are putting hours into this thing, daily. Trying like hell to get better!
It will keep us busy for ages. We have ~2400 plays and we’re slowly discovering more and more nuance.
The game is very well done and we salute the entire team for their hard work!
Looking forward to my CE.

I've looked at some of your stream (hope you Dont mind). Great watch.
You seem more glad playing wonka then jp, or is it just How it looks to me?

2 weeks later
#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my factory mod from mezel today. Looks amazing, nice quality. Took about 15 mins to install without directions. Such a nice touch...and it fits and looks great with my mushroom field.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Since i had my interest in pinball rewaken(english?) a year or so ago.
Modifications is what is puzzling me the most.
Almost without exception, most of it seems like McDonald happy meal stuff.
I"ve seen some cool stuff, (like the chest-opening in pirates), but most are non-interacting plastic.

Just for this "factory", why not put an opto inside and have it Actually Do something, When a ball passes thru?

I'm sorry to say it is lacklusyer, but i really think it is for the most.

Another thing that I've been thinking about...
Is there some unwritten rule, that you can't mod/decorate the pinball legs?
Why are there no dinosaur legs for jurasic park? Chocolate bar legs for wonka etc?

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Im working on some orange/oompa style 12inch legs for my LE, just for fun !

Yea i was thinking a wooden leg and a pirate boot for pirates of the caribbean.

There are loads of things to improve. If there were real modders in pinball, why isnt there optional game play mode for kids playing wonka?

Where the heck are the hackers of pinball?
Assets?
Download this filé.

If the Beatles were a computer game, does anybody really think 2 years after release, customers would complain about only eight songs and they only play for a minute or so?

There is so much to do and improve, it's crazy, but Apparently this community is only able to produced lollypop stickers for the flippers.

It's sad, it Could be so much more and way cooler.

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You best be getting busy cowboy!

If I wasn't flooded with work, i assure you i would.
It is just so annoying seeing virtua-pins having ten Times the assets and code options, then that of the real thing and The best the pinball mod-community can provided is matchbox helikopter and cheap Paul McCartney wigs that you can tape on the cabinet and use as a topper. Cool right!!! All this at a 2000% mark up.
Dont even get me started on all the cheap chinese led lights put just about everywhere.

Well, i guess as long as people Buy the stuff, you just cant blame them.
I just think pinball longs for and can Do better.

Programs that enable you to incorporate assets like sound and video?
Interactive mods/toys that elevates game play with code and effects.?
Selectable game play level/ruleset at startup for games in homesettings and in codes for kid-settings incorporate easter eggs/video etc that suits kids?

All awesome ideas, but for now we got monopol hats, spray painted to look like a wonka hat, glued to the playfield and Everybody is ecstatic.

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You can't compare what is done with virtual pinball to what is done with real pinball. Software mods are not equivalent between the two because the former is not beholden to actual physics. It's the same reason why real robots aren't as cool as virtual robots. Are you gonna call MIT and tell them they are lame because you played a video game with a robot a million times better than what they've made so far?
Also, put up or shut up. You're not writing interesting things or adding to this thread. You're just one of those bummers that's always "too busy" to do what he claims everyone else must have time to do. This community does not revolve around you.

Why couldn't you have assets, rulesets etc for a real pinball game?

The attitude of shut up or Do it yourself, isn't something any person into customer service or spokeperson would even dream of uttering, something as stupid. Only some childish immature person loosing an argument.
On that i have a fairly lucrative job, but in this "mod" buissness, you are Apparently ably to charge 30$ for a one inch sized plastic hat and 200$ for a shaving cream can with lights coming out of it's ass, i might Actually consider it.

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Interesting that you seem to view my response as a customer service interaction. You're not my customer and I'm not in service of you. I'm pointing out your clear ignorance in the way you talk about all of this. You clearly know nothing about design, production or software engineering. You're the worst type of customer; the one who thinks he knows the most but clearly knows the least.
Anyway, I have nothing more to add. This isn't an interesting conversation. You're just rude.

Comes from The right person telling others they Dont have a clue and to shut up.
And as before, not a singel argument, only insults, but that's what is expected.

3 weeks later
#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not sure if anyone posted this or not for the CE .......... http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/JJP_WW_CE_Flyer_Expo.pdf

The playfield looks absolutely spectacular.

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Talked to my dist. Wonka is back on the line...I asked about the updated clear coating on the newer builds playfields. He tells me there is no difference that he knows of.
Anyone else hearing anything? Looking to order a LE

Which basically means no wonka for me. Gameroom is beeing completed around xmas and wonka was clearly part of the plan, but will be out.
I wonder how manu sales jjp lost due to committing to mirpoo?

I guess the only good option as it stands is cgc's, danesis new or backpaddle to stern sam games, cause i aint be getting spike-shite.

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

A pause in production is typical when transitioning from one edition to another.
If playfields were, in fact, corrected, this would have been confirmed by JJP.
Unfortunately, there is nothing to support that notion rn.

Why do you think they would confirm playfields beeing corrected?

Wouldn"t that be like saying, stuff was faulty and are now corrected?
What about liability if they did that?

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Lately, we've had some issues regarding playfield quality in some of our games, in our past two titles. I'd like to state that I'm not at liberty to disclose specific details as to what created these issues or how, but I would like to take a moment to state that not only have we course corrected these issues, and have started production of even higher quality playfields than we had prior to these issues popping up, but I'd like to reassure fans and customers alike, that this issue has been seen to and improved upon in a way where lifetime playability of our games can exist once again.
Most of all I sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter, and dearly thank you for your continued support.

So the game produced has a limited playability due to defect?
Which is the time span for thoose defective games? Production dates?

What are the customers supposed to do about thoose games?
If there was an identifiable defect has thoose customers been notified?
What Will happen to the defective games?
Etc etc etc.....

1 month later
#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

YOU! YOU took the number I wanted!!
I'm in for #19, chosen as a fallback for the year of manufacture.

Does it cost extra to chose number?

3 weeks later
#3559 4 years ago

Such a beauty of a game.
I hope it wins the game of the year award.

1 month later
#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

uh... the mexican comment was completely uncalled for, however, your video is EXACTLY the play in all 4 of my flippers. i will be tightening them up to the credit card gap

The whole homepin thread is filled with derogatory Slander about chinese making pinball machines.
Nobody is reacting.

As a bystander, i guess I've never understood the political correct Pecking order.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

The upper right flipper on my WONKA sticks in the “up” position about half the time. Is this a known issue? Haven’t opened it up to take a closer look yet.

Ltg just provided a really good video on How to tune in the flippers.

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Last time I checked Stern wasn’t in Mexico, genius. It was a low blow and blatant racism has jack shit to do with political correctness.

So saying chinese cant make pinball machines in a derogatory fashion isn't racist?

2 weeks later
#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

After a really long time, I've finally broken through the wall on this game!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/560427921[quoted image]

Great showing, you`ve really improved.
Congrats.

Now stop playing panic pinball every time you get a multiball and you will crush it.
Then we will see you on future papa tourneys

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Haha, I removed the foam and now hit the captive ball shot with left and right flipper easily. Even the upper right flipper shot is pretty easy. Just curious, do you think that foam was a minor mistake in production? Or maybe all machines have it and it wears down quickly, making the shot bearable. The foam seemed pretty dense and sturdy. Thanks so much for the tip Frobozz!

Maybe it´s just part of securing during transport?

3 weeks later
#4827 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It looks like glass and is absolutely beautiful (nicest I've seen). My game plays fine and none of the pooling is messing with gameplay so a swap will be way down the road unless it littlery just starts falling apart. Wanna thank jjp as they didn't have to send a playfield. They have always been great to me even if it was out of warranty or I wasnt the original buyer and for that reason I will continue to purchase their pins . Plus they make the best home games imo.

Grats.
Would love to see some better pictures of it.

#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Allready boxed it back up and put it away.... but trust me it is beautiful and u can c it was buffed and waxed also. It's so shiny and reflective like a piece of glass... incredible. Had a Made on date of feb 6 2020.

So nice.

Considered a Wall mount as decoration?
Do you think it would warp or decay in some way if you did?

3 months later
#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, I agree
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What a great setup.
Hat´s of.

I guess that nascar will be gone in a couple of months?

5 months later
#7058 3 years ago

I had Dialed in for a three months as a loaner.
I really didnt resonate with it. The theme is meh and the scoring balance only really works for one playstyle IMO.
It would have worked better if there was more sim-city and the other facets then stopping disasters and collecting sim cards was more highlighted and meaningful.

The family loved it though, esp the wife.

2 years later
#13197 9 months ago

Jeez played this game two days ago. Played at Red stone gothenburg sweden (fantastic place with lots of high end games)
Here i was thinking hobbit is jjp´s best and i honestly dont like anything by lawlor. (until now)

This pin is great or maybe even the greatest.
Instantly fell in love with it. Played three games or so and got two golden tickets. played wonkas office without realizing it. LOL
(there seems to be a lot to doo)

None for sale in europe, so is there any chance you think it will be vaulted in the future?
(seems to me both ts4 and gf are duds?)

#13202 9 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm one of the few people that have owned both.
I traded my TS4 in for a GF.
TS4 was a dud for me.
GF is a keeper - feels like a nice combination of Wonka and GnR.

I have played ts4, thought it was terrible. Ofc matter of opinion. The price doesnt help either.

Havent played GF, it might be great. The owners thread with 800 posts in 4 months, suggests its a dud.

I think jjp are risking pricing themself out. Having less in the games doesn´t help.

#13206 9 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What do you think of Wonka?

As i said in 13197 i found it really great. One of the best, maybe the best i´ve ever played.

8 months later
#13878 26 days ago

Really nice game.
Managed to snag one of the last NIB´s (i think?)

Bought from a german dealer (good experience) (PU). It has traveled a long way, at a long time, but beside a loose wire or two were at perfect new health.

Now i just need to complete the game room building at the ranch(behind the game) and complete the collection with a woz and a tna.
(both Labyrinth and looney tunes looks lovely aswell)
Then i will be a really happy camper.

wonka (resized).jpgwonka (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.