IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7415 3 years ago

Soooo, considering a CE. Would be our first JJP! Anyone with a CE know the height of the machine with topper installed? Want to be sure I can fit it in the basement location. Also, I have seen folks suggesting the CE is worth it...agree?! Want something we will keep for many years. We love our Stern games but the code just isn't deep enough so you have to really love the theme to make it a keeper.

#7493 3 years ago

Hi all, Just ordered my CE!!!! Woohoo! So excited and its on its way.
Now trying to figure out if it will fit (with topper on) where my other machines are where I have 83-84 inches clearance. Would anyone with a CE be willing to measure the height of the topper itself? It's gonna be close! Someone had kindly let me know it was about 7ft total with topper but I am getting granular now!
Thanks!

#7496 3 years ago
Quoted from Ian720:

I just measured it at ~84.5 inches including the topper. Back feet are sunk into carpet just a bit too. Sounds really close; so close I'm sure you can work something out! Excellent choice for a new pin sir!

Thanks to you Ian and Mike. Much appreciated! Yeah, looks like I'll miss by 1-1.5 inches...thinking I can sand down the ceiling

#7501 3 years ago

From page E-9 of instruction manual (found online as my Wonka is being shipped!). Can't figure out how to take a screenshot but there is also a diagram:
1) There are two pre-drilled mounting holes in the playfield for a mini post, near the left outlane (circled in red in figure E10). The post can be repositioned (or removed altogether) to make the game play more or less liberally/con- servatively. The most liberal post position is the highest (furthest from the player) of the two holes (making it more difficult for the ball to get to the left outlane). When the post is moved closer to the inlane/outlane divider, the game will play more conservatively (making it easier for the ball to get to the left outlane). The most conservative adjust- ment is to remove the post altogether. This is how the game ships from the factory, with the post removed. You will find it in the cashbox "goodies" bag. See the mini post removal or installation instructions below. Optional plastic plugs are provided for the unused hole(s) in the playfield.
2) The dual rubber, steel adjusting post near the right outlane (circled in blue in figure E10) can be repositioned (or removed altogether) to make the game play more or less liberally/conservatively. There is a mounting slot routed in the playfield. The most liberal post position is the lowest (closest to the player) in the slot (making it more difficult for the ball to get to the right outlane). As the adjusting post is moved further from the player, the game will play more conservatively (making it easier for the ball to get to the right outlane). The most conservative adjustment is to remove the post altogether. See the adjusting post repositioning/removal or installation instructions below.
3) The steel mini post, near the right outlane (circled in green in figure E10) can be repositioned (or removed alto- gether) to make the game play more or less liberally/conservatively. There is a mounting slot routed in the playfield. The most liberal post position is the lowest (closest to the player) in the slot (making it more difficult for the ball to get to the right outlane). As the mini post is moved further from the player, the game will play more conservatively (making it easier for the ball to get to the right outlane). The most conservative adjustment is to remove the post altogether. See the mini post repositioning/removal or installation instructions below.

#7563 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just got one of the last; CE’s out their time to celebrate
Can’t wait to get it

My NIB CE is coming Sunday morning! Whew just made it!

#7607 3 years ago

Joined the WW club yesterday! CE# 441. Safe to say this thing will never leave the collection. It's so great in every way it's overwhelming!

WW1 (resized).jpgWW1 (resized).jpg
#7608 3 years ago

Kid Multiball question:
How do you collect the "double jackpot"? We were able to collect 6/7 kid jackpots towards the Golden Ticket but can't figure out how to collect the double. thanks!

#7609 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Go checkout the “top 100”...Apparently Wonka is now the #1 pin on the list!
How did that happen? System glitch?
Don’t get me wrong, I feel as though it deserves this position, but damn if that wasn’t an unusual overnight turnaround

Looks like the CE is driving up the rating (so only 26 ratings). We just got our CE yesterday and had not yet reviewed it before seeing the new rankings. Now that we own a CE (yes we know how lucky we are!) I understand why the rating is so high. #1 probably won't stay long. TMNT popped up for 1 week to #1 last week then got sent back down. This should be way higher than top 25 though its insane.

#7611 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Camera ramp available during any kid multiball and always lit except for when the super is lit.

Wow that is the "Double jackpot"! Awesome. Guess we were always focused on other shots so never even went for it. Thanks!

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Consider watching some of the tutorials #zaphx made on these specific topics on YouTube. Fully explains how to accomplish most strategies to simplify.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFHNah3iWfmvz_ScY0qR8dw

Thanks. Actually been watching zaphX awesome WW videos while on the treadmill almost daily! Just didn't pick up every detail yet But will rewatch the kid video. Keep these coming zaphX !

#7625 3 years ago

Question. My camera is working great but during Oompa Loompa it is pointing really high (above my head and my younger sons are not visible). Anyone know if camera angle can be adjusted? I only see the motion detection tweaks int he manual.

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

There is some version of Wonka (possibly the one the beta testers have been testing, but not officially released yet?) that addresses this. Make sure you keep up with the updates, and eventually it should work better. (But as someone else mentioned, also go into camera test in diagnostics and make sure the camera is pointed properly so that it can see all height players, and that the face detection test works.)

Thanks. Have the latest code and I did the camera diagnostic which is for sensitivity of movement and face recognition, but there does not appear to be a way to change the angle of the camera. Only a problem in Oompa Loompa when it goes to video mode. Its no big deal, but wondered if others had the same issue. Maybe a code update could address if others also have this problem.

#7667 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Uploaded my flipper toppers for Willy Wonka to thingiverse. If you remix share them for free as well.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4776812[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

beautiful!

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

I think we are looking good now ? If so, thank you so much! I can cancel my ticket! Lol[quoted image]

glad its fixed! Now you can enjoy!

#7691 3 years ago

Finally got 3rd Golden Ticket on factory settings! 8 million! Man the challenge and strategy of this game keeps the family coming back for more. Already played most of the day today! Getting Gobstopper and Wonkavator ticket, especially gobstopper, seems really very hard on factory.

#7692 3 years ago

Question, for 3rd ticket I guess there is no wizard mode but you get the 100 Wonka bar bonus? Would be nice if a mini-wizard came in next code update

Everyone is running code 1.33, right?

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I got 3 Golden Tickets yesterday, but funny thing is, it wasn't a super high scoring game, like about 2mil.
Multiballs on this game are indeed maddening, but so fun.
Question -- What's super jackpot on Oompa Loompa Odyssey? I always get down to 1 jackpot left on the Wonkavision, but the timer runs out or I drain the 2nd ball. I love that mode, so great.

you need to hit the last shot then multiple red jackpot shots will be lit and you just have to hit one of them. I only beat it once and score was 690,000

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Ive been playing this for 2 hours each night since I have received this game (Tuesday). Admittedly I think I have other machines I havent put this much time in to in the past year.
And since wonka has been a hot topic recently I just cant understand why people dont like this game. The shots are great has good flow and can be fast. Sure its got some cheap drains but I appreciate the challenge. After understanding the rules I appreciate the integration as well - the call outs are there and all the scenes from the factory tour. Really enjoying this.
Wonka is better than GNR

I haven't turned on my other machines in 7 days since we got our CE. None of us have. We have loved all of our games int he honeymooning period, but this is different. Literally cannot stop playing!

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

At the top of the FAQ there’s an explainer for how to enter the Kodes. See below:
[quoted image]

SO we keep seeing codes pop up on Wonkavision when we drain....what is the strategy for capturing these? Have someone with a camera ready? It flashes up so fast!

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

How Do you like the Hobbit?

Hobbit is a great game. Its like a long, flowing journey. I'd say some of the best wizard modes in pinball with integration of the beasts and mechs. It really compliments a collection with faster games well.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Isn’t the SJP shot the inner loop to the left of the Wonka Vision? And that lights the red shots foe more points?

In my experience, once you hit the final green shot (whichever one remains lit) multiple red shots lit and you could hit any to claim the SJP. I only got there once but this is what it looked like to me. Could be wrong of course!

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I have two playfield related questions and gladly expose my lack of knowledge on the topic ... what say you wise experts?
Q1. These machines come with two half-circle Mylar clear protectors in the cash box. What are you guys doing with those (if anything)? My machine will realistically get 500 plays per year tops, and while I plan on owning it for good, I don't know if it is necessary or helpful to install these. Are they intended to go in front of the slingshots, and should I install them? Funny that some parts of the playfield have protectors, others don't (ex: outlane switches are bare, inlane switches protectors).
Q2. Especially when "booting up" my machine when ONLY the backglass is lit, I see a bunch of tiny pock marks or indentations in the reflection on the playfield. None of these seems to impact play nor can I feel them, but just wondering if this is common and considered normal wear (seems to be on other machines, but with how new my machine is I'm surprised to see these). In the photo you can barely see a few of these marks (they are probably 2mm wide, TINY). Playfield probably has a couple of hundred of these marks / "dents" total.
[quoted image]

For Q1 I am have the same question! For Q2, this is known as playfield dimpling and is completely normal and occurs on most modern pinball playfields including JJP and Stern. Actually the more you play it the less noticeable these will be as over time so many dimples will create a flattened effect. Right now my WW CE looks just like yours (although I think we already played it 500 times in 7 days.

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did.
LTG : )

Thank you for addressing the Oompa Loompa Odyssey camera issue!

#7848 3 years ago

Having a problem with code update. Followed all instructions for a Full Install and used unetbootin on a clean USB drive. Getting the error code below. Any support appreciated!

WW code problem (resized).jpgWW code problem (resized).jpg
#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like a bad download. I'd start over. If you used the USA mirror, try the EU mirror.

Thanks, as always, LTG.

tried a 2nd time and now the game isn't sensing my USB drive at all. Game just booting up normally. I am using a Mac but Unebootin appears to be working ok. File takes 15 mins to download from web. But the unebootin process is very fast like 1-2 mins total...is this normal?

#7867 3 years ago

How long is it taking other folks to download the update? Mine is taking 15-20 mins, LTG taking 1 hr 15 mins. Trying to diagnosie where I have an issue updating. thanks.

#7876 3 years ago

Thanks all. Just solved the issue using my Mac by using Balena Etcher software to flash to the USB instead of unebooten. Had used this for flashing to SD cards (for GOTG Pro sound mod for any of you here who own one!). Seems like my Mac did not like unebooten! First try using Etcher and it worked! thanks again for the tips. Played a few rounds and no Wonkavator coil issues so far.

#7877 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Yes the Mac issue for Unetbootin is frustrating......but there's a super easy way to do the update using Mac.
1. download update ISO file
2. click and open ISO file - a new window will open showing the file contents of the image. You will see several folders and files.
3. select all files in that window and drag all to your USB drive (formatted FAT32, blank etc)
4. remove USB and do the update on your machine.
5. Done!! Worked for me on Wonka 1.34, and also recently on a DI LE.
Not sure why JJP don't publish this procedure for Mac users - it works perfectly and is super easy.

Haha just saw this after using Etcher! Thanks good to know for the future!

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

CE owners question where are the screws located to attach the collectors plate to the head? They were not in the envelope with the plate and not in the game itself?

mine were in a bag in coin box

#7898 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I installed 1.31 by accident,I am sure I had 1.33 in the game,can I just go to 1.34 and skip the delta 1.33

I noticed on the JJP website if you click "full install instructions" it then shows you the "latest" full installs but for Wonka it still has 1.31. I almost made the same mistake. You have to go into Wonka downloads specifically to get the right one.

#7899 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I will admit I didn't understand one word of that either lol.

Me neither. But thanks for trying! Again, Balena Etcher is free and worked great for me.

#7983 3 years ago

For future code update: While in Kid Multiball it would be great if the Wonkavision screen would show you whether you have collected each Kid's jackpot shot. Now, if you go in with 3 or more kids you have to look up to main screen to see if the shot counted and if you miss it, you won't know whether it counted or not until you are out of the MB. Thank you.

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree that some kind of visual indicator for which kid jackpots are collected would be awesome!
Maybe a colored circle around the kid heads or something.

yes would be super easy code fix and super helpful for us Kids MB fanatics!

#8057 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Camera on mine during oomph loompa is way better now. Hopefully it's your settings.
On another note, does anybody understand the graphics on the monitor in regards to the progression of the gum targets and Mike tv?
Also it seems to me the color of the magnet clusters seems to advance as you play, any idea if this is the case or what causes it?

me too. Prior to 1.34 my camera was facing ceiling during Oompa Loompa, now its perfect

#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Yes, I've seen it, great video. Had my machine for well over a year and it wasn't until his video that the rules finally made sense to me. Changed the way I play for the better.
The couple things I still don't fully understand the three fans for Mike TV and their significance. The other I don't fully understand is the food that appears in the upper left of the screen for Violet and how it corresponds to the gum targets.

A plate of food is shown for each G-U-M target you hit. From the movie these were the 3 food tastes when Violet chews the gum. The fans each represent a shot being hit towards Mike Teavee (center loop, Wonkavision, camera ramp). Not sure what significane the fans had int he movie.

#8071 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'd open it. If it's new as promised, keep it. If not, send it back. What's the downside?
There are instructions for unboxing without destroying the box.

I agree. And if any issues, isn't this really on the distributor rather than JJP? The email was on the side of the box so the distributor knew what he was shipping you and didn't tell you ahead of time.

#8092 3 years ago

OK for those gurus of Wonka out there...on the screen to right of the Wonkavator image there is a pink pipe (not Augustus pipe). It starts with nothing on it but over time a number appears on it, 100, 500, 1000....anyone know what these values represent? Golden Ticket to the first person to know! LOL

#8093 3 years ago

pbjksb It's great that you are back into this hobby. It's also great that you had a forum to post your issue, and it is also great that it was so quickly resolved by both JJP and GAP who in my experience are both top notch. It's part of the nature of pinball and just doing business in general. There was a miscommunication and it was promptly addressed and Pinside worked exactly as it should bringing folks together to provide assistance, welcome them in and enjoy the hobby for years. Consider our friend LTG who probably doesn't know it but is a big reason I continue to buy pins...I know I have someone graciously at the ready to help when there's a problem....thank you LTG! Don't be discouraged and enjoy your NIB WW CE....it is the BEST GAME EVER!

#8112 3 years ago

Mine been working great too. Maybe they will add a few bells and whistles? Like a way to discern if you got the various kid jackpots while you are in Kid MB?
And some new Kandy Kodes?

#8160 3 years ago

Got 9.5M today on 1 golden ticket. 1.
One!
I suck.

Good job though! I just got GC with 3 tickets and 11.6 million. It's a tough game but loving it! Seems so far off to get that 4th ticket...Gobstopper and Wonkavator are tough! We decided not to do the random mode for the first ticket yet...we want to earn Most Secret Machine once before setting to random.

#8167 3 years ago

Special is one thing...unobtanium is another! I’m in no hurry to change settings, but after hundreds of games of barely getting to Wonka’s office (twice. Qualified 4 times) I’m not gonna torture myself much longer.
I might narrow the outlanes instead of switch the settings. But if I switch settings I’ll probably keep them open.

Haha well I already narrowed the outlanes! To each their own!

#8197 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Yes the flipper flutters when you hold it in. Not all the time though. Just started doing it with this code..

my upper left flipper has been "sticking" in up position at times. Adjusted the height of it off the playfield but that did not solve it. someone else in forum estrader said it was their coil sleeve being too tight which fixed it, but I haven't gotten around to checking it yet. Mine was happening before last code update so doubt code related. But mine isn't fluttering either so could be a different issue.

#8241 3 years ago

Anyone else's Wonka Factory tower getting knocked around and twisted? Last week, I took apart the plastic that the tower is mounted to and re-secured the screws underneath it holding it on the plastic. One week later the screws came out again. That baby nearly spins around when I hit factory target! Also tried double sided tape but not holding. Not a major issue more of a nuisance but wondering if anyone else has this happening.

#8272 3 years ago

What's the most Scrumdiddlyumptious shots people have hit??? I maxed at 7 so far....

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Is that just combo shots? I realize getting the letters when making consecutive ramp shots but not sure exactly how that works

yes and you can cash out by hitting the Gobstopper target (when Wonka's hat is lit you are still "in" Srumdiddly)

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

My Friend's Son got 14!!! I have been trying to knock him off for weeks.....
[quoted image]

Insanity! Well done!

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Can someone let me know if a screw is missing here? Maybe post a pic of it if there is. Thanks John[quoted image]

Yes on my CE this screw came out, I found it and took the entire plastic off and screwed back in tight. One week later it came out again, just posted about this the other day. My Wonka tower turns when I hit the blue standup. I need to find the screw again and set it in with Loctite as Zaphx suggests

#8316 3 years ago

Hi all. Sorry I know much of this has come up already in prior threads but looking for some advice on 2 issues:

About 50% of the time when powering on the game, the gobstopper turns and then gets stuck and makes a loud buzzing sound. You have to go into the test menu and move it manually to the correct starting position and then the game is OK. Any advice?

I am on code 1.34. Have tried 3 different USB sticks, downloaded the delta like 5 different times including from US or EU mirrors. Every time I get an error on the machine saying "Failed to update". Have been deleting and formatting the USBs first. I am on a Mac. Any advice? Should I do a full instead from 1.34 to 1.35? The last full from 1.31 to 1.34 was also tricky though with multiple fails.

#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From a post on Pinside :
MAC FULL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file
Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.
Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.
Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents
Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.
Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.
Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.
Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: JJP MAC Update
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:35:10 -0600
To: Lloyd Olson <[email protected]>
On 3/5/2021 10:32 PM, Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Yes the Mac issue for Unetbootin is frustrating......but there's a super easy way to do the update using Mac.
>
> 1. download update ISO file
> 2. click and open ISO file - a new window will open showing the file contents of the image. You will see several folders and files.
> 3. select all files in that window and drag all to your USB drive (formatted FAT32, blank etc)
> 4. remove USB and do the update on your machine.
> 5. Done!! Worked for me on Wonka 1.34, and also recently on a DI LE.
>
> Not sure why JJP don't publish this procedure for Mac users - it works perfectly and is super easy.
I have another approach that works too, slightly more technical. Open up terminal:
1. diskutil list (note which disk is your USB stick)
2. diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4 (replace disk4 with your disk)
3. hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o wonka.img Wonka-v01.34.iso (this converts the image format)
4. mv wonka.img.dmg wonka.img (this removes an unwanted extension)
5. sudo dd if=wonka.img of=/dev/rdisk4 bs=1m (replace disk4 with your disk, keep the r)
5. diskutil eject /dev/disk4 (replace disk4 with your disk)

Thanks as always, LTG. Yes, I have seen and tried this all of this previously. Also tried using Etcher which worked for me last time but it says the .iso file "does not have a partition" this time so is not bootable. Treid to download the .iso 3 times also tried EU mirror. After several failed attempts I went back to trying delta upgrade and it finally worked. Same USB drive as the other 4 times and formatted the same way. I am definitely buying the wifi dongle to try to avoid this for future updates.

1 week later
#8332 3 years ago

THANK YOU JJP for offering the Wifi updates! Successfully updated to 1.36 then 1.37 in seconds!

2 weeks later
#8435 2 years ago
Quoted from agpage:

I acquired an SE yesterday. With most of the mods you can install, installed. Its a great machine. Now I need to get my skills back to where they were in college.

Welcome to the club! Our family's favorite pin so far! I believe you acquired yours from our good friend moat-pin a tremendous pinsider and hobbyist. Congrats and well done!

#8493 2 years ago

Hi all,
Had asked previously if anyone on the forum had figured out what the pink pipe and numbers on the pipe mean. Have figured out the first part of it. When you start the game the pipe is blank. Every time you hit the inner loop (Mike Teavee shot) the score on the pipe increases by 500. Have tried several times to focus on this and it seems to max out at 5,000. However, I cannot figure out what the number means, because it does not appear to give you that score each time you hit the shot, nor does it seem to be linked to jackpots in any mode etc. Anyways, keen to hear other thoughts and theories and folks continue to explore the intricacies of WW!

WW pic (resized).jpgWW pic (resized).jpg
#8496 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I -think- is has something to do with rewards in Oompa Loompa Odyssey. Jackpot seed value maybe?

You mean for individual shots in Oompa Loompa as you build towards jackpot? That would be cool. Have you tested the theory or just a guess?

#8515 2 years ago

Oh wow thank you! I noticed something going on in OLO last night but it was hard to do the math and understand if this was being added. Good to know and it makes sense since the pipe reappears in OLO. thanks!

#8532 2 years ago

For any JJP folks considering features for code updates, it would be great if we had the option to increase ball save times during MBs. My family and I enjoy the challenge of the factory presets for obtaining golden tickets (it should be hard!) but the ball save times, especially for when our kids play, just feel too short and would be nice to have this option in a future update. Thank you!

#8540 2 years ago

They still need to blink the auto save after extended time in the Pops, IMO. It can be a really cheap drain, particularly when you’re close to earning a golden ticket.

100% agree! Great suggestion to make the game even better (at least for home use!)

#8574 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Easier is not better IMO! haha

agree but nice to have the option. We still are using factory settings because we like the difficulty. But if that could be fine-tuned through option to increase ball save time it would be nice.

1 week later
#8704 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

To close out my own issue. I talked with JJP support and after making sure the mech wasn't loose, I reseated all the opto connections, but that didn't help. What did solve my issue was doing a full install of the 1.37 software. Some form of software gremlins evidently.

Thanks for sharing. I have an issue that has been present on all code levels so far. If someone shuts the game off or opens the coin door in anything but attract mode, when the game is powered back on, or coin door shut, the gobstopper turns and then gets stuck and makes a loud buzzing sound. Need to go into settings, rotate it back to normal spot. Then its fine. Anyone else have this happen? Its more a nuisance than anything but I do worry the gobstopper life may be reduced with this happening so often.

#8716 2 years ago

so the diverter on left ramp that drops the ball down to the left upper flipper has been really inconsistent. It sometimes drops it smoothly but more often now it is a slow delayed drop which changes timing of shooting from the flipper. May be happening more this way when the ball is coming slowly around ramp. Anyone have suggestions for how to make the diverter drop the ball more consistently?

1 week later
#8757 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I had a similar issue and was able to correct it by loosening the four screws holding the coil on ramp, and slightly adjusting the position (in my case, pivoting it slightly) and then re-tightening the screws. Although the screws didn't appear loose at all, I'm guessing the coil had moved just ever so slightly enough that the diverter wasn't pushing the ball in the right place. I did also check the screw under the coil and that was tight as could be. Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks! So I checked the screw under the diverter and tightened it (was already pretty darn tight). But it still behaving inconsistently. I loosened the screws holding the diverter and pushed the whole housing towards the front of machine. Can you elaborate on the "pivot"? Do you recall what angle etc? Many thanks!

#8803 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I for one enjoy the cursing in the original and request an encore!

Any folks on the beta chat group with JJP able to ask for option to increase ball save times in multiballs? Its so brutal for the kids when they get into Gobstopper MB and ball save is over in like 5 seconds. thanks! Best game ever and going to attempt 2.0 beta now!

#8811 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For future code update: While in Kid Multiball it would be great if the Wonkavision screen would show you whether you have collected each Kid's jackpot shot. Now, if you go in with 3 or more kids you have to look up to main screen to see if the shot counted and if you miss it, you won't know whether it counted or not until you are out of the MB. Thank you.

Just want to acknowledge the folks at JJP for hearing our requests and coming through! Love that this has been brought into the new beta code! And the new animations, movie footage, shaker use, and scoring....beyond my expectations. Everyone in the house is playing tonight and have a blast! Thank you!

2 weeks later
#8966 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

This may seem like an odd comment and I don't mean to bash this game, but it feels "cheap" to me. Meaning it feels "light" as in weight, not heavy/solid construction like the other JJP games. Anyone else feel the same and is there any fix like maybe putting some weights in the cabinet bottom to give it a heavier more premium feel?

compared to my Sterns this game is heavy as a tank

#8975 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Pictures don't even give pinstadiums half the justice they deserve on this game. In person there the best add on possible for dim GI wonka and actually make the games colors pop even more. You do realize the purple color is the flasher that only does it when the shaker activates and the "white" of them looks pinkish over pics but in person there white. My GC went up instantly with them also so they even make the gameplay better but to each his own...

I have pinstadiums on my TMNT...must have. But for me at least, personal opinion, I like the darkness of Wonka. It feels more immersive (at least on my CE!) so I won't be adding pinstadiums on this gem.

3 weeks later
#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Spoke with him a bit on Facebook. He is taking a break from the negativity. Hope he makes his way back to us as well.

People put themselves out there to do nice things for people and send positive messages and there are always haters and people who want to bring people down. Its a shame and I hope he is back too...I purchased my WW CE because of his videos!

#9057 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.
I don't want to get too deep into this, as Pinside is about the games NOT about me, but I appreciate the many kind words that were sent to me via YouTube, Facebook, etc.
I am fine. I do have thick skin and the dickheads on Pinside who tried to run me off have no effect on me.
I just got beaten down by how depressingly negative the vibe got in here. It was all about playfields playfields playfields playfields for a while.
Nobody gave a shit about the amazing games/rules/shots/sounds/mechs put out into the world, they only cared about the tiny chips in the art.
It was bringing me down and making me negative on pinball so I took some time out. I may continue to do so.
Just wanted to drop in and alleviate any concerns about my well being as I am fine. I got a new car and I'm spending more time on that hobby than pins for a while, and it's frankly been nice.

Miss you and your vids! But totally get it! Enjoy the new car!

1 week later
#9116 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Pure Imagination my friends!! Pure Imagination. I was only there for a minute or two but I finally made it!

Congrats! I had 4 tickets last night and just needed to hit the final Wonkavator shot in phase 2! Oh so close!

#9127 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is the beta software worth upgrading to for those that have it? Or is it better to wait for the official release?

I upgraded to beta 4 from 1.38 and found the difference from prior version to be massively positive.

1 month later
#9544 2 years ago

Powered up machine and got an open coin door error, although it was closed. I opened and closed again and the machine launched a ball. Then saw smoke billowing under PF from trough area! Trough eject coil fried! Any clue as to why this might happen? Kinda scary. Game 7 months old. Will contact JJP support but this group is always helpful on a Friday night!

20210924_173429 (resized).jpg20210924_173429 (resized).jpg

#9568 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Powered up machine and got an open coin door error, although it was closed. I opened and closed again and the machine launched a ball. Then saw smoke billowing under PF from trough area! Trough eject coil fried! Any clue as to why this might happen? Kinda scary. Game 7 months old. Will contact JJP support but this group is always helpful on a Friday night!
[quoted image]

Bumping this because the smoking coil freaked me out guys! While I await JJP support I traced the coil trough VUK fuse and found this. Looks like was just about to blow before I unplugged machine. What do you think? Shouldn't a fuse blow before the coil fries not after? I am just concerned that in the future my kids turn on a machine and walk away to get a snack and this happens again or worse!

20210926_161632 (resized).jpg20210926_161632 (resized).jpg
#9571 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like. Just how it was made. It's fine.

That's good to know LTG so very low risk of major damage. There was a quite a bit of smoke quickly so freaked me out!
From what I read guessing a transistor needs to be replaced but look forward to corresponding with JjP support this week. Thanks as always.

2 weeks later
#9736 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

[quoted image]

Just wanted to provide an update on my prior issue with the trough eject coil smoking. Steve at JJP support was phenomenal. Sent me a new trough eject coil and assembly which is an easy solder job. Also needed a new transistor for the I/O board behind the screen and since I was not comfortable soldering transistors on that board he sent me a fully populated board and asked me to send back the old one. I did the repairs this weekend and happy to report the problem has been fully solved. Steve responded to my email on first business day, parts were with me within 5 days and case closed. Very happy with JJP service!

For what it's worth, and I realize this is only my experience....I have 2 JJP NIBs...WW CE and GNR and both have had pristine playfields. GNR came with the nylon washers installed on almost all posts and a protector on the scoop. Have had WW since Feb and no pooling chipping etc, its just a beautiful playfield.

#9778 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Team WW. Running into an issue with my ball trough. Six balls in the trough but they're not registering (ball search kicks in regularly). Changed out balls thinking they might have been magnetized - not the issue! Ran the trough test and found the attached. All test trough "buckets" 1-6 will turn green - momentarily - when a test ball enters the trough but then they all switch immediately back to yellow.
Welcome any guidance for troubleshooting the issue. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Sorry that's happening. Seems like the opto board is out? Recommend contacting JJP with a service ticket. Usually respond same day or next day and figure it out quickly!

1 month later
#10094 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've played Avengers on location, it was ok. What I am looking for is something that feels just as magical as Wonka, maybe that pin doesn't yet exist I don't know. I kind of feel like with a lot of newer Sterns they lack toys and magic, they are more geared for tournament play and focus solely on scoring and not modes. Don't get me wrong, I love my Star Trek Premium and it's bolted because I am a huge Trek fan but it's more of a fast and ferocious scoring game and the modes don't feel special like they do on Wonka. There are such a wide variety of interesting shots on Wonka, Lawlor may be my favorite designer.

I am in same boat with my WW CE, love it so much and on another level. Agree with others that Hobbit is in the same category for sure...magical! I didn't THINK I wanted GNR...but got an LE and put it right next to WW and must say it is just as magical as WW...honestly its amazing. I have liked it more and more with each week that passes and the theme is a great foil to WW.

#10101 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Safe to say you like GNR much more then the Hobbit?

Tough to compare/choose and both really amazing machines. Think it depends on the theme and vibe you are looking for. Hobbit matches the whimsical theme of WW in some ways but GNR matches the updated technology, light shows and brings that rock feel to pinball which just goes together oh so well! Bottom line if you are looking for something to stand up to WW you can't go wrong with either.

1 month later
#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

First off, that's impressive! Wow! Well done.
I have to ask, not to diminish the win but to salve our own bruised egos over here...was that on stock settings? Inlane posts on the right moved? Cheater post on left installed?

Following your handy tutorial I have made it to PI three times on stock settings over about 1 year of ownership (although never got past phase 1 of PI which was so frustrating!). I did move inlane posts to easiest. Not sure about cheater post? DO you mean move the leftside post into that spot where the black cap was? Yes I did that too. Much more fun IMO! Currently 53 mill GC.

I have a 14 year old who now has GC on my other 6 machines and this is the only one he hasn't beat me at yet (he is actively trying!). Kids definitely have better reflexes and accuracy than us old guys

#10321 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Having a few glitching issues. Have searched this forum and either these glitches are new (not likely) or I’m a nob and can’t find the post addressing them (most likely)
First one has happened 4x now. All the lights turn white and stay white (no flashing no color change) - the first time I played through and got a decent score and attribute that to no “blinking” lights. The last time it happened I went into menu / tests / LEDs / all - and when I cycled through the colors (white, red, green, blue) - all the lights stayed white.
Only way I have found to fix it is turn off and on the machine.
Second glitch - is gobstopper error - it’s happened a few times and the error message reads opto error. The the gobstopper hole cycles through and stops in out of position locations. I have gone into menu and moved it with no results. My fix has been to jiggle the wires under the gobstopper (they are the opto wires and the optos are clean / clear / not obstructed)- I have traced them back the board and see no issues. so no real idea of what’s causing the error or what I’m doing to actually “fix” it. Cause in my very limited technical experience “jiggling” wires isn’t really a fix.
Any thoughts or ideas I’m game. Besides putting on a chicken suit and dancing in the street. Tired that one once and doesn’t work.

Sorry to hear this and likely worth putting in a ticket with JJP either way. I have not experienced the first issues in 1 year of ownership so that doesn't sound normal. As for the Gobstopper, on the prior code I had an issue where if someone power cycled the game in anything but attract mode, when the game booted up the gobstopper would go to the wrong position, make a buzzing sound, and show an error on screen. I would manually correct it each time by going into the test menu and manually moving it back to the correct position using the +/- buttons. Sounds like this didn't work for you so may be a different issue...sorry! But with latest code update (I am on beta) I have not had the issue. Are you on latest code?

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I guess im in the minority. I like the dark setting.. becuase when it lights up, its awesome!

totally agree! I find the darker lighting more immersive when the PF lights are on especially during GB and Kid MBs!

#10382 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Having issues with my playfield lights all turning white during game play (started infrequently now I can’t get through a single game) and staying white. Only way to “fix” is to cycle the game off and back on. All cables are seated and tight. Code up to date. At this point my guess is a board is outta whack.
Question: sent JJP a ticket on Thursday. Anyone have general idea how long it takes them to get back to you ?

usually within 1 business day so I'd think Monday if you haven't heard by now.

1 month later
#10809 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've come across a problem on my new build Wonka LE, maybe 60 plays to date.
The game tells me the Elevator Lockup #3 (right) switch is stuck closed. In Wonkavator test mode, that opto does not register. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

This happened to me. I took off glass a ran a ball through the back loop (not up into WV) and it fixed itself.

#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

So, last night I had the following happen and I don't know what triggered it. I had one ball locked in the Wonkavator. Got Slugworth multiball which is always 2 balls as far as I know. About 2 minutes or more into the Slugworth multiball, the ball in the Wonkavator released and became my third ball in multiball. I don't recall getting a kid multiball during Slugworth.
What triggers a particular multiball to release the Wonkavator balls? It drives me nuts to have a couple balls up there, get a different multiball before locking the third Wonkavator and lose those locked balls.
Is it just me?

If you hit the Wonka factory tower target near right ramp it is an add a aball during MB. Thinking you hit that and the game took it from the WV. It does this when you get into Oompa Loompa Odyssey too

5 months later
#12099 1 year ago

Has anyone installed the leg lights on their machines? Where do you get 12v aux power?

#12103 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coin door lights, spot lights on playfield.
Former jjp tech LTG : )

Thanks, Lloyd!

#12121 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Hello fellow factory tourists,
I developed a one-way gate mod for Wonka to address some frustration I've had with the wild feeds out of the pops - especially when starting a multiball and the wild feeds eat up the ball save timer or tank your add-a-ball. I'm really enjoying it and think some of you might as well! I've got kits offered for sale in my Pinside shop for anyone who wants to give it a try:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/07092-gate-at-wonka-s-factory
[quoted image]

Quickest purchase I've ever made on pinside!
My family loves this game and for my wife and kids this mod should help them really enjoy it alot more and progress through the game. Thanks!

1 week later
#12209 1 year ago

Also installed my Travahontas gate mod and very pleased! most of the time the ball is dropping down to my left sling or left flipper. I bet small differences in pitch and exact placement of gate at pops are resulting in slightly different ball paths for folks. Very happy and so are my kids since much fewer cheap drains! Thanks, great design!

4 months later
#12695 1 year ago

anyone know where to get the red chrome molding that is on TS4 backbox to apply to WWCE? they are next to each other and look like twins minus the awesome red chrome molding!

edit: found something that MIGHT work. WW has black molding but doesn’t appear to be t-molding. will report back if this works.

60154789-5241-4FCD-A3E2-E01CA84E940F (resized).jpeg60154789-5241-4FCD-A3E2-E01CA84E940F (resized).jpeg

4A9D19AD-1120-42D3-85D7-D32D6AD75F18 (resized).png4A9D19AD-1120-42D3-85D7-D32D6AD75F18 (resized).png
#12700 1 year ago

Update on my WW CE backbox molding upgrade. This is to upgrade the look of WW CE while also making it a PERFECT 100% match to the molding on TS4 CE (especially important if you own both!). It was driving me nuts that WW had an inferior molding and side by side it was very noticeable.
Upon inspection of a small piece of the black WW molding it did not appear to be t-molding like on Sterns but rather a stick on molding. I sourced this red chrome automative molding on Amazon and thought I’d give it a shot given it was inexpensive. Ordered 3/4 inch and the25 ft roll (you only need about 16 ft but recommend getting a little extra). Got it in the mail and it is clearly a 100% match I really think this is what they are using at the factory.
To perform the upgrade you need to remove the nailed in feet (used my hands or can use back of hammer gently). I recommend putting the backbox down to get leverage for applying the molding. Measure out a length of molding by wrapping it loosely around the backbox side (this way you can cut a little more than you need). Remove the covering tape on the inside sticky area and begin applying on top of the black molding starting at the seam at bottom of backbox. go very slow and apply pressure along the way. I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue on the molding as I went along every 6 inches or so (manufacturer of molding recommends applying heat for better stick). Slowly make your way around all of the corners pulling very tight to ensure there are no bubbles. When you get back around to the seam, cut the extra length with scissors. Replace the protective feet with a hammer which will also ensure the molding stays in place snugly. Repeat on other side. See before and after pics and also a pic of what I bought on Amazon (link below). Happy to help anyone attempting this with any questions. Good luck!
Not sure if others are interested in this but if so perhaps could be a keypost.

https://a.co/4fMOnXp

73091F79-1C1B-4E3B-9C85-E9D8CC38E0D7 (resized).jpeg73091F79-1C1B-4E3B-9C85-E9D8CC38E0D7 (resized).jpegECFD18E3-1B49-41E0-BB8C-13756922E494 (resized).jpegECFD18E3-1B49-41E0-BB8C-13756922E494 (resized).jpegBDE31B19-E50C-40FA-A746-9303366ADCCF (resized).jpegBDE31B19-E50C-40FA-A746-9303366ADCCF (resized).jpeg1E1FFDFD-FCF5-4D0E-B417-D446F6CCA45B (resized).jpeg1E1FFDFD-FCF5-4D0E-B417-D446F6CCA45B (resized).jpeg1070B1B9-AB63-4DFB-B0FA-30713FFAB810 (resized).jpeg1070B1B9-AB63-4DFB-B0FA-30713FFAB810 (resized).jpegBD9778AB-4AFF-4EB9-A1A5-28EBAAA0011E (resized).jpegBD9778AB-4AFF-4EB9-A1A5-28EBAAA0011E (resized).jpegF6812975-1052-48F5-936B-18A85C317919 (resized).jpegF6812975-1052-48F5-936B-18A85C317919 (resized).jpegE17A0D14-C6C8-4A8C-8913-DCD2C9FAC584 (resized).jpegE17A0D14-C6C8-4A8C-8913-DCD2C9FAC584 (resized).jpeg2320D5B9-7FE6-4B29-B7C6-65BC793CCF49 (resized).jpeg2320D5B9-7FE6-4B29-B7C6-65BC793CCF49 (resized).jpeg7E77705B-AE8E-4CDD-9455-A1CF77F5CAA0 (resized).jpeg7E77705B-AE8E-4CDD-9455-A1CF77F5CAA0 (resized).jpeg
94AFA697-0FAB-4C0B-B8DC-0426872B2294 (resized).png94AFA697-0FAB-4C0B-B8DC-0426872B2294 (resized).png96D46564-440A-41ED-8CF1-02D7C610929F (resized).png96D46564-440A-41ED-8CF1-02D7C610929F (resized).png

#12702 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks nice but what about a blue for us LE owners?
Also is the red powder coat on the Wonka and Toy Story CE the same red on a GNR LE?
Then this red would work there too

Haha yeah there probably is blue chrome will take a look! Would also work on GNR for sure. I believe the red powder is slightly different on GNR but this red would work.

1 week later
#12742 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Worked with support the other week. Very responsive and good experience. When email wasn’t clear we hoped on a quick call and talked for almost 45 mins to work through the issue and some other tweaks to my game. Better that and Pinside I feel well supported.

Owned a CE since it came off the line. I had left diverter coil go during warranty and a bigger issue with a transistor going and coil frying (smoke under glass!!) and needed a new board. in both cases tech support was fantastic and got everything resolved quickly without issue. Been great from my perspective.

#12757 1 year ago

it was a one-off transistor issue not an issue with Wonka that would be common. the transistor that drives the ball trough eject coil shorted on the input/output (I/O) board (the giant board behind the lcd screen) and thus in addition to needing to replace the coil and its associated plunger and sleeve, the board needed to be repaired as well. they sent me a new board (i needed to ship bad one back) and coils and walked me through it. board was just all plug and play and coil obviously required quick soldering

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.