IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

I've emailed @pinballstar about it, vaguely, but hopefully...I'm in on an LE WWCF. Just waiting on the ability to send money in...

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Got the email. Just taking interested list folks now and putting them on the email list for our usual email blast going out when info is officially revealed - pics, info, pricing, etc... There should be plenty of games for every distributor and every customer. Nothing else to share until Friday folks. The name of the game hasn’t even been officially announced to my knowledge ! : )-
Shoot us an email if you want in on the game and ordering info we’ll be sending out.
Joe Newhart
[email protected]

Thanks Joe. Sorry, I'm just over the moon stoked for this machine. First pin purchase at all, so I want it all to be right.

1 week later
#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I currently have a CE on order but think I will revert back to an LE? What do you think? This will be my second pin (WOZ RR is my first). I like the blue armor on the LE better than the cand red on the CE. The gobstopper pull and topper are nice but not $3K nice. I am just having a hard justifying the extra $3K for a CE. What should I do?

I just did exactly that, downgraded my order to LE. I think the jump to LE is worth it, but not sure I get enough out of the move to CE. Plus, that’s 3 grand towards the next great game that gets announced sooner than later.

2 months later
#506 4 years ago

I'm about 90% sure I'm about to return my Golden Ticket for now. I had built up the hype in my head, and initially reserved a CE. Downgraded it to an LE after some game play videos, and now I"m content to let my deposit ride until 'G n F'n R' drops.

With that being said, I can definitely see myself buying one later on, once the NIB shine wears off for someone.

1 week later
#586 4 years ago

The more I watch of streams from folks that already have their SEs, the more frustrated I get.

If you go watch any videos of the Wonka Slot Machine, you'll see audio matched with video, songs with video, etc. So basically, it seems to have come down to JJP not wanting to pay what other licensing was needed, for those features to be in the pin.

Instead, we get video from the movie, e.g. Veruca running around the eggs singing 'I want it now', but no audio at all, or some other random speech that has nothing to do with Veruca.

Really...I don't understand. Licensing isn't the place to go cheap, get it right, and the games will sell themselves easily.

#588 4 years ago

I realize that if you're going to ask for 10 to 13 THOUSAND dollars for a machine, you shouldn't shortcut the feature set, period. If it were an issue of some license features being not available whatsoever, it would be a different story.

I'm sure Wonka will sell plenty, probably not the 5 THOUSAND LEs they claim to be making, but folks will still buy it either way. Different players want different things in their pins, and that is ok.

2 weeks later
#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Good news! Putting on 1.06 ISO did not nuke settings. I was able to apply 1.09 after that and everything is safe. Whew.

You getting in a little Wonka stream this evening? My favorite to watch.

#1180 4 years ago

Yeah, I don't think you have to have a sense of urgency, if you're wanting an LE. I'll probably wait a year or 2 before I get one, at this point.

4 weeks later
#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys! After a week of ownership and no issues I got the dreaded ball trough spitting out balls at random. All the switches are recognizing the balls so I don’t have a solution. I’ve called Frank but no response yet. This sucks!
I just started a new stream on twitch. I’d love you all to come by and hang out! I will have wonka LE with direct audio and video, as well as this weekend I will be receiving JP pro and The Big Lebowski! So stop by, watch some pins, get drunk together and shoot me a follow if you enjoy it. Logo and overlays coming in the near future too!

Is your Twitch channel the same name as your Pinside username?

1 week later
#2199 4 years ago

It has changed from the 'alpha' code, or whatever was in place, at the Wonka reveal.

#2206 4 years ago

Yeah, no changes since games were shipped out, only since the reveal, that I can tell.

1 week later
#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Do you seriously think we left that out because we're idiots or do you think that we probably tried and weren't allowed to?

So, to beat an already trodden horse...can we just get confirmation that synced A/V wasn't allowed in the game? Only 3 words in the movie are synced with audio and video "Here it comes!"

3 weeks later
#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I feel exactly the same. Watching other players like ShipNatty and l33tsandman who -do- put up consistent scores give me hope that my skills can one day grow to that point.
I just had a 1.89M game and feel good about that, as I haven’t been able to beat 1.7 and get on my HS board for at least a month!

To be fair, l33t is a monster on Wonka. But the fun think about Wonka, is like someone mentioned above...you can have a 12k, 3 minute game, then go right into a 5 million game out of nowhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.