IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bowlingpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#944 4 years ago

Played some Wonka this week and thought it was fun. Started oompah loompah multiball but after (checking game rules sheet) I can’t figure out how

2 weeks later
#1409 4 years ago

To my understanding you don’t light it, then get it. You just get it from completing one of the 5 tasks.
Completing all the factory modes, certain number of gobstopper jackpots, kid multiball jackpots, etc.

1 week later
#1701 4 years ago

I emailed jack with a few quotes i think would blend really well they’d atleast consider it.

One was the oompah loompah quote “I don’t like the look of it” -when in the pops (as one quote/not broken up by pop bumper hits) because let’s be honest, those pops are dangerous! I’ve had numberous drains just from those pops and figured why not add this call out?

What do you guys/gals think?

1 week later
#1956 4 years ago

I understand the optional post on the left outlane.. But whats the purpose of the hole above it(with black plug)? Play field manufacturer messed up?

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I believe you are supposed to be able to remove the black plug and install the post there. Anyone have any luck removing the black plug and if so how without damaging anything?

Thought the same. If used there, almost appears to block the inlane next to it a bit.(hope I’m wrong)

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

From the guy who wrote the rules:
“The way it came is the way its intended. No post in place in either position. I will add I personally prefer the plug to be removed entirely but I will caution with it not there a small possibility of a ball trap exists. Its fairly easily nudged out if it happens though.”

While I agree, and prefer my games set up tough. But let’s be honest, the guy who “wrote the rules” didn’t design the game, did he?

Similar to the Bally/TZ history and as an owner of a early production one (with pop holes/plugs). Will JJP have the newer playfields without the holes? As someone who enjoys the game- I hope so, atleast the top one(seems to be incorrect)

2 weeks later
#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

What the hell else do you want us to put in this game??[quoted image]

You asked....

Some oompah loompah quotes? Either during oompah loompah Odessey or a phase instead of the odd timed quotes when in pops.

.. oom.... Pah........ loom pah....... do.. pah.. dee........... do.

Great job so far! Really enjoying the game!

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Do you seriously think we left that out because we're idiots or do you think that we probably tried and weren't allowed to?

Now that you say it, I figure it’s the latter. Sorry I asked.

1 week later
#2437 4 years ago

On almost every wonka I’ve played they all seem to have the same issue with the eject from the gobstopper VUK.. However after getting a close look- it’s not the VUK- it’s the side coil that kicks the ball into the VUK....

Couldn’t the subway and (gravity) lead the ball to the VUK like most games? Seems like an unnecessary coil assembly.

CC873171-971D-418D-A559-1CE57AAB9279 (resized).jpegCC873171-971D-418D-A559-1CE57AAB9279 (resized).jpeg
#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was looking at my new purchase last night and saw this also... mine works fine but not sure what this is for? Looks like a 2-3 ball lock but does it ever lock balls in this area? I haven't played enough to know if balls are locked in this area?

Congrats! Fun/pretty game for sure!

It’s not a ball lock, kind of a hybrid. Ball falls in gobstopper and is kicked out from Gob VUK to shooterlane.

#2445 4 years ago

Huh? So during gobstopper, after collecting 5 ramp jackpots- gobstopper opens for the gobstopper super jackpot(awards gobstopper) and locks balls?

I’m confused.

#2447 4 years ago

Yes, gobstopper is not a physical ball lock. Wonkavator is..
I guess -Steiger- is having an issue/same I’ve seen with them on location. Almost seems like a lock because they get stuck with that unneeded coil mech to feed VUK to shooterlane.

1 month later
#2927 4 years ago

Anyone else think it would be cool if they added some animations or clips for Willy Wonka?

Specifically to extra ball/gobstopper locks?

Similar to TZ, there are 3 different animations for each extra ball.

Or instead of the same 3 movie clips for the first 2 locks and multiball start.

They could have 3 different gobstopper movie clips for the second go around of locks and multiball start.

Slight variation couldn’t hurt, right?

1 week later
#3052 4 years ago

Those look awesome!

3 weeks later
#3354 4 years ago

Sometimes you just gotta earn it. Glad sperm attack doesn’t have an easy mode- reminds me of Halloween /4th or July/Christmas in a weird sort of way.. I’m glad it only comes once a year- makes it even more special!

#3358 4 years ago

Some good outlane/drain callouts I hope they add.

“Don’t do that!”

“Help.. police.. murder”

“Don’t just stand there, do something”

All can be found in this small clip

3 months later
#4635 4 years ago

Anyone else notice the difference from the first run and the current run of Willy wonka play fields?

7 months later
#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does this game have some last-ability?
Is the code pretty deep/wide?
If I'm buying NIB, has JJP fixed their playfield issues? What build date should I be looking for?
After owning the game, would you recommend buying one?
Any other thoughts?

Yes.
Surprisingly deep.
I recently picked one up with no playfield issues October2019 build date... Look for any game built in October 2019 or later.

Can’t convey just how fun this game really is!

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

JJP has seemed to fix their playfield issues. The date last talked about was anything after October 2019 production was issue free.

You sure? I checked out a lot of wonkas and all had issues that were built in June/July/August/September. Saw 2 in person with October build dates that had no issues.

#6269 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:June/July/August/September of 2020? Thats news to me..

#6301 3 years ago

Man, this game is fun! Never had friends and family play it so much...

Did jersey jack remove some movie clips?
Currently running LE1.31

I’ve started wonkavator about 7 or so times but haven’t seen the wonkavator ball lock 1 or 2 -MOVIE scene/clip once, only the (animated balls in wonkavator clip)

11:09 is what I’m refferring to

#6304 3 years ago

Maybe it got lost with all the new updates?
I sure hope they bring it back, it fits perfectly, a good immersive scene for the ball lock.

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Very early code before all software was locked down and signed off upon by all parties in the licensing agreements.

Dang, it just blends so well into the game.

So it’s safe to say we will not be getting that scene back in future updates?

If so that kinda stinks.

2 weeks later
#6488 3 years ago

I have the factory mod in perfect condition made by (themodcouple) as seen above. If anyone would like to save some $$ and buy mine along with some other mods. PM me.

Not selling the actual game it’s too good/fun!
Never had family and friends come by and want to play pinball so much.

1 week later
#6566 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So, to get the Gobstopper Golden Ticket, you only need to get 5 jackpots? I feel like i do this but it doesnt give me the golden ticket. Just shooting ramps to get jackpots, right?

If only it was that easy.... glad it’s not!

During gobstopper multi-ball to get a gobstopper jackpot you must shoot ramps until the most secret Machine opens(depending on your settings this could be 1,2,3+ etc.) once open shoot a ball in MSM and you’ve got 1gobstopper. Repeat until you have 5.

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I wish it were! I am only ever able to unlock the gumball ticket and thats it.

Try adjusting your gobstopper multi-ball in game settings to your tastes. I believe you can make it so only 1 ramp shot will open the MSM for a gobstopper.

2 weeks later
#6759 3 years ago

Wouldn’t it be neat if (wonka bar RANSOM) was an actual ransom for your wonka bars? Similar to the movie...
Each lit ramp could trigger a callout and after enough ramps it would award say 50bars or if you fail they take 50 from you.

-callouts for wonka bar ransom:

Detective: “go ahead we’re listening”(at start)
Detective: “Ah ha”(each ramp)
Woman: “How long will they give me to think it over”(middle of mode)
Detective: “They want your case of wonka bars!” (middle or end)

This just blends well and makes sense if ransom was played that way.(its just slightly underwhelming as is)

I hope they give this game another update with more callouts and other tweaks.

5 months later
#8573 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I do also.. need some feedback on how to raise the jackpot

Making enough jackpot shots (values displayed on screen) will light the collect and the risk shot. Certain shots are worth more depending on difficulty.

Be aware of
1. The collect/finish(usually much brighter than the rest)
2. The continue/risk shot (always the gobstopper) by continuing all points carry over.

Each time you choose to risk it, more shots are needed to either collect/finish or risk again.

#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I thought the collect shot was always the camera ramp shot from upper right flipper

Not always, I’ve had the collect be the right inner loop.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Does the “collect/finish” shot rotate? That might explain my confusion.

Yes, it seems to.

#8591 2 years ago

Hope this helps

1 month later
#8816 2 years ago

Skill shot question... Running 1.38LE- When going for the super skill shot (holding left flipper) if the ball goes into the saucer from the plunge- why is that skill shot awarded?

Shouldn’t going for the super skill shot cancel out the 2 easier skill shots?? “You get nothing” would fit here.

It seems odd there is no penalty for going for the super skill shot....

#8825 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Super secret skill shot = hold left flipper and plunge like starting super skill shot -> camera ramp -> factory ramp -> gobstobber ramp -> Wonkavision scoop

Did not know this! Cool!

Quoted from bigd1979:

Weird.. it must been changed or something bc it does exactly what u said it don't for me lol.. only thing is it don't say the quote everytime but more like once every 4-5 times or so...

Are you running 1.37?

Ex: Hold left flipper(attempting super skill shot) but miss and ball goes into saucer and you’re awarded the basic skill shot.

Anyone else have this happen?

Edit- I played a couple games and it’s working correctly.. Which got me thinking this possible “bug” happened when I had a 3 player game going Friday night... Or it’s not a bug and maybe letting go of the left flipper soon enough might award the basic skill shot if it goes into saucer? Either way- Flip on fellas, hope everyone has a nice day.

#8880 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

IMO Wonka bar bonus isn’t overpowered at all in 1.37, etc. if you can work this shot for maximum bars, more power to you
And seriously, with all the added scoring in the beta, reducing bonus doesn’t even make sense! Please change it back JJP!

I agree with this. Although simple and very straight forward wonka bars are the only piece of the game that contributes to bonus.

1 month later
#9039 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Is there a plastic screen protector on the in game monitor (wonkavision) ?
Nick

Yes

1 month later
#9303 2 years ago

Many improvements! Point increases for various modes/multi-balls and other goodies.

I’ve noticed the added/different lighting effects, video effects and added video clips from the movie as well as call outs and sound effects.

I’m enjoying it!
My delta update took about 1minute.

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Little help …?
Super Lock is lit and the ball is NOT getting diverted to the Wonkavator? Any ideas? I tested the diverter and it worked in test mode ….

Occasionally it’ll take a few seconds for it to activate. Be patient, I’ve never seen it take more than a moment or a ramp/other shot to have it ready.

Quoted from Nameim:

I have a WWLE that is still having problems capturing the balls in the Wonkavator. I have run the device test and everything works as it should except that the diverter gate only swings open a quarter of an inch or so, allowing the balls to shoot by or clunk against it. There does not appear to be a physical obstruction and I can nudge the gate fully open with a probe. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Check your diverter(sounds like it’s working but not opening fully) the mech is similar to any flipper mech, check for binding or anything keeping it from fully opening.

#9328 2 years ago

Can someone help me better understand the Wonka bar ransom mode...

Once you reach 200 bars I believe you begin it by hitting the gobstopper- which locks in a certain value..

Is that initial amount buildable?

After you hit the gobstopper how do you cash it in?

I always seem to drain during this mode and the ransom amount is so much bigger than I began with but those points seem lost.

5 months later
#10541 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to complete/collect the ransom award??

#10545 2 years ago

Seemed like a perfect mode to implement that scenes call outs.

Start ransom- detective: go ahead, we’re listening..
Ah ha
Aha.
:They want your case of wonka bars!
Woman: how long will they give me to think it over.. lol

Wouldn’t it be cool if (hypothetically) you didn’t complete the ransom and lost all your wonka bars...
makes for some strategic game play if you’re close to the 200mark...

1 week later
#10686 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
New Wonka owner here and what an amazing game!
When the machine says 'shoot the TV', where is the TV? I have looked high and low on the playfield but I can't find the TV. What am I missing?
Thanks.
Roger

This is confusing, but once you’re familiar with the shots you’ll be fine-

I always thought it was odd to hear 3 different names for the same shit.

Shoot the wonka vision
Shoot the TV
Shoot the saucer

This might have been changed with an update but not positive. I’m running 2.0 or 2.1

10 months later
#12689 1 year ago

Had a LOL moment the other night playing/drinking with family and friends.

With fizzy lifting drink running, someone completed it quite fast(multiball running too)
The speech from the game went like this..

Charlie, let’s have a drink…
That’s not bad, bubble sound
Grandpa, I can’t get down, bubble sound
Help, help
Burp
Charlie bucket is lit!

3 months later
#12886 1 year ago

Just hold the start button for a couple seconds. This will end current game/games and start a new.

9 months later
#13694 85 days ago

October 2019 build here and playfield is perfect. A tell I noticed was with the inserts. If they’re clear(earlier/ish runs) there’s a high chance of pooling- if they’re cloudy(later builds) low risk. I waited and checked out a lot of wonkas before pulling the trigger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bowlingpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Bowlingpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.