IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 5 years ago

We are in, most likely for an LE. Our local distributor will be at MGC, and will give us the scoop afterward.

One example I can think of in recent history where the "top level" trim would be preferred by us is Game of Thrones (GOT), where the LE artwork was better than the Premium artwork. If purchasing, we wouldn't want the Night King White Walker greeting us every time we walked through the basement!

Oh, yeah. Winter is coming this week.

3 months later
#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I’m calling my distributor tomorrow to order an LE. I got to put some games on it this weekend in Denver and loved it. Hopefully the 2-3 weeks mentioned above holds up.

Many of us put our deposit down for an LE by Monday morning after the game reveal. Kind of hope that we are in the "2-3 weeks to shipping" time frame. Ordering now should put one further out. Maybe. I have not heard anything yet, but my distributor told me on 6/26 "You will get one of the first as you ordered early."

1 month later
#2127 4 years ago

Joined the club today. LE 565, born on 8/15 (my dad's birthday). My wife loves it, as do I. Installed SW 1.13 update right away, so no diverter issues. Had a couple air balls stick in strange places. Great fun. Very different than Stern (we have LOTR, SWLE, Beatles). Wonka is slower (a bit) and you have more of a chance to place shots. (Yes, we are getting blinds for the windows.)
IMG_3948 (resized).jpgIMG_3948 (resized).jpgIMG_3952 (resized).jpgIMG_3952 (resized).jpg

#2164 4 years ago

We've only played with SW 1.13 since our LE arrived on Saturday.

Sometimes (but not all the time), when the ball is coming out of the pop bumpers, seemingly headed SDTM, the magnets take the ball off course, just enough that the ball hits a flipper, or maybe sometimes a sling.

Was this always there, or is it maybe something new to address the danger of the pop bumpers?

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

While you're in settings, go to your auto plunger and change the strength to about 11. Keeps the ball save out of the pops.

We tried putting our auto plunger at 11 on our 3-day-old LE. It put the ball in the saucer 3 times in a row. We've modified the playfiield (outlane posts) and settings to make our machine easier because we're not great players, but even my wife thought that was too much.

We tried to split the difference at 15, but one time that caused a problem in multiball where the coil didn't quite get a ball to the top of the plunger lane / shooter alley. Then the next ball plunged up and hit the first ball coming back down. After a few cycles of this, the machine paused briefly, allowing both balls to settle at the bottom, then sent a stronger auto plunge to get both balls up.

For now, we have returned auto plunge strength to the default of 20.

#2209 4 years ago

I have searched the forum and this thread, but may be looking for the wrong terms....

What angle do you guys/gals have playfield set at? Our distributor set ours up at 7.5 deg, and said that it's really up to us. JJP website has no recommended starting angle that I can find. Stern recommends ~6.5 deg, and then adjust from there based on preference. I have our Sterns (SWLE, Beatles, LOTR) at 6.5 deg, cause they are too brutal for us at steeper angles.

So, is there a recommended starting point for JJP, and specifically Wonka?

#2256 4 years ago

Some info, and a question.

INFO:

We installed the extra outlane post in 2nd (highest) position, and put the smallest (3/8" OD) o-ring on it. A 3/8" OD ring on the post between inner lanes caused the ball to usually get stuck when going through leftmost inner lane, as documented in the thread. I don't like cutting down an o-ring, cause I'm sloppy at it, it looks bad (IMO), and they always seem to rotate to the thickest diameter after awhile.

If you want something on that post, for now, I found that 5/32" (4 mm) heat shrink tubing works well over the post, but only lasts ~50-100 games (depends on game length). I'll try to search some thin rubber sleeves with ~4 mm ID that will last longer.

We never had the ball fall out of our trough on our LE, but the ball did get stuck in the upper part of the trough often enough to be annoying. We'd have to wait for a ball search to make a bump that would kick it out and have it go into the trough and be registered, Kind of a bummer on a ball save. So we put two 3/8" rubber pads/bumpers at the end of the trough, under the playfield (see photo, from underneath). Seems to have solved the problem so far, and you cannot see them from above.

Had an unusual ball stick - at the top of the plunger lane, trying for a soft plunge. I couldn't nudge the ball out (tilt warnings). So I waited the 4 (or so) ball search cycles until I got an extra ball. It dropped the ball from the Wonkavator, and while I had 2 balls for awhile (once the active one nudged the stuck ball out), I also lost a locked ball in the Wonkavator.

QUESTION:

We've had our game at both 7.5 and ~6.8-7.0 degrees. At both settings, we get stuck balls in the lane above the pop bumpers. It happens a lot when the bumpers kick the ball back up. It kills the momentum in a game, cause nudging won't get it out & we have to wait for ball search, sometimes 2 cycles. Anyone else have this problem? Is there an adjustment to solve it? Since it's under a bunch of stuff, I'm reluctant to take the time to take it apart unless I know I have to.

Thank!

heat shrink size (resized).jpegheat shrink size (resized).jpegheat shrink on post (resized).jpegheat shrink on post (resized).jpegrubber stoppers under playfield at trough (resized).jpegrubber stoppers under playfield at trough (resized).jpegball stuck at top of plunger lane (resized).jpegball stuck at top of plunger lane (resized).jpeg
#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just a suggestion, maybe a valve rubber for a bicycle would work?
I´m not sure of the right terminology, but hopefully you know what i mean?

Quoted from toyotaboy:

You're thinking o-ring.. something like this would probably work:
https://www.mcmaster.com/94115k008

Thanks for the suggestions. The o-ring (5/16" OD) is 1/16" smaller than smallest "pinball" rubber ring of 3/8". Might work with one on each post.

I was thinking more like a sleeve tubing. Thinnest rubber that will last awhile. I like the way the ball feeds through the inlanes faster with the heat shrink tube.

Anyone have any suggestions about ball coming to rest / stopping in the the lane above the pops (under the Wonkavator on the LE)?

-Adam

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Anyone have any suggestions about ball coming to rest / stopping in the the lane above the pops (under the Wonkavator on the LE)?

Quoted from jlatko:

Mine gets hung above the pops very rarely, and the slightest nudge always dislodges it. You may need to have a look back there after some dismantling.

Thanks for the reply. This is kind of what I thought. Nudging hasn't worked, but maybe we need to nudge different.

The ball gets stuck/comes to rest enough to be annoying (especially on multiball or timed modes), but not enough for me to want to take things apart for a "look-see" yet. Game is still too new and getting played a lot. I'll get a flexible rod and put a cloth on it to see if there is anything small in the lane that may be causing the ball to stick.

1 week later
#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I tried pushing it out from under playfield a couple weeks ago, and couldn't budge it, so I gave up.

Quoted from crobby:

Same here, looks like it's there to stay. Oh well, I guess I gotta get better at playing!

Quoted from psexton:

Same here, it will not budge.

Quoted from dluth:

Has anyone actually been able to remove that black plug? If it’s like the one in the goody bag it’s a screw, but how would one screw it out?

Quoted from djreddog:

Pretty sure it’s not a screw. You have to lift the PF and then from the underside use a small screwdriver or something to push out the insert.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I think it's a ribbed push-in rivet.

Yes.

Wonka is my wife's machine, and she wanted the outlane post high, so I figured out a way. It takes quite a bit of force - I used hammer & punch. I suppose I could put the ribbed plastic screw back in the lower hole, but expect that at some point in the future we'll move the outlane post down, or remove it. I tried to be careful and not screw the outlane post in too tight.

Please, no derogatory comments on the heat shrink around the inlane post. I'll end up finding a better thin rubber solution (some suggestions in this thread) or just remove it & leave metal post (also suggested in this thread).
IMG_4147 (resized).jpegIMG_4147 (resized).jpegIMG_4146 (resized).jpegIMG_4146 (resized).jpeg

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow delta instructions carefully.

Possibly this ^^^. I updated last night, and after reboot, the screen showed 1.14 at bottom in settings.

Put all files on usb in trash, empty trash, copy zip to usb, extract on usb, making sure there is not an extra nested folder on windows (Mac didn't do that). Then plug into machine and update, then reboot machine.

2 weeks later
#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

3) sometimes the Wonkavator release stub closes too quickly, so the ball doesn't have time to roll out.

Quoted from jlatko:

For #3, lower the Wonkavator release time in settings to the minimum. I think it is 190. That fixed it for me.

We had Wonkavator release problems also. Adjusting the release time helped some for us, but not always. BTW, I found that it helped more to *increase* the delay - it seemed that the plastic pin was coming back too soon and blocking the 3rd ball.

However, the real solution for us was to install latest code (1.14) and set the Wonkavator release time back to default per the release note. Since then, we have not had any balls stick in the Wonkavator at beginning of multiball. See 2nd "*" below.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.14 September 3, 2019 ==
==============================================================================

* Improved upper left flipper magnet firing to avoid overheating.
* Improved Wonkavator ball release firing time to avoid trapping a ball.
- NOTE: We recommend changing Elevator Lock Release Time back to default (210)
* Fixed Wonkavator Multiball Super Jackpot issue when dropping two balls in
the Gobstopper hole at nearly the same time.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

1 week later
#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I highly recommend Butch Peel's "Tools of the Trade" video:

Thanks for that link. I knew most of the things, but still found some useful nuggets, and a review always helps.

1 week later
#2884 4 years ago

I have these. They work on my Sterns (SWLE, Beatles, LOTR), but not on Wonka LE.

-Adam

9 months later
#5729 3 years ago

I'm about to start rubber (titan) ring replacement today on my Wonka LE. I've searched this forum topic but have found no posts yet on this question: are there any tricks or tips to keep in mind? I've done complete upper playfield ring replacements on LOTR (a pain), Stern SW Pro (a little lesser of a pain), and Beatles (a joy, actually).

Thanks for any feedback or post links. I do know about holding nut under sling plastics (yeah, my playfield has issues).

-Adam

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=Adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.