IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 13,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 280.
#1 5 years ago

This pin needs its own club now! Wonka from Jersey Jack has a lot of hype and I’m betting a lot of orders even before official reveal. Who is joining the club? I’ll be at MGC for the live reveal so I’ve got my golden ticket!

The reveal is at MGC in Milwaukee and will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball if you can’t make it. https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/

7pm central time US on Friday April 12.

Also more details and reveal info: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-april-8th-2019/ SDTM, Special When Lit, and TWIP will be hosting a news reveal.

#2 5 years ago

I'm most likely in on a le and possibly a ce. I absolutely love my dile and I'm thinking wonka will be even more amazing with the theme integration and video/music/sound asset's . Can't wait to see this beauty

#3 5 years ago

I’m in on an LE, possibly a CE. I need to see where the $3000 is going first. Anyone else going to MGC for reveal? It will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball if you can’t make it. https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/

#4 5 years ago

We have a waiting list started. If you would like to get on the list please send me a message either here (private message) or email ([email protected]) with your name and which level you are interested in. At this time we do not have pricing or game specifics, but all will be revealed in 6 days.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m in on an LE, possibly a CE. I need to see where the $3000 is going first. Anyone else going to MGC for reveal? It will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball if you can’t make it. https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/

We will be at the reveal and then in the kingpin games / Jersey jack booth with the games (and others) all weekend answering questions and taking orders

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

We will be at the reveal and then in the kingpin games / Jersey jack booth with the games (and others) all weekend answering questions and taking orders

The kingpin booth is going to be BUSY. In a good way!

#7 5 years ago

I put my name down for a pre-order to match my POTCCE with Joe @ Pinballstar already. I too am waiting for the final call from LE to CE, but most likely am on the CE route. Listening to Kanaeda review after playing the game at JJP is a great review. Been counting the days since TPF for this release.

#8 5 years ago

We have a waiting list started. If you would like to get on the list please send me a message either here (private message) or email ([email protected]) with your name and which level you are interested in. At this time we do not have pricing or game specifics, but all will be revealed in 6 days.

I must say choosing a supportive distributor is so important. It’s so much easier to get fast and helpful support from your distributors than sometimes trying to contact the manufacturer directly. KingPinGames is a great choice, as is ZMeny at Flip N Out pinball!

#9 5 years ago

So, where are the 5 golden tickets and what are the prizes???

#10 5 years ago

I've emailed @pinballstar about it, vaguely, but hopefully...I'm in on an LE WWCF. Just waiting on the ability to send money in...

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Awesome! Thanks so much for that link!!

I'm in for an LE.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I must say choosing a supportive distributor is so important. It’s so much easier to get fast and helpful support from your distributors than sometimes trying to contact the manufacturer directly. kingpingames is a great choice, as is zmeny at Flip N Out pinball!

Great to know this! Over the last year I have purchased my WOO Emerald, MMR and AFMR LE from Mike Dadonna at Automated Services in Milford, Connecticut, a most likable fellow who is very good friends with Jack. His name is another to add to what is a great customer service fraternity here.

#13 5 years ago

Here:

Screenshot_2019-04-06-11-10-13 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-04-06-11-10-13 (resized).png
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I've emailed @pinballstar about it, vaguely, but hopefully...I'm in on an LE WWCF. Just waiting on the ability to send money in...

Got the email. Just taking interested list folks now and putting them on the email list for our usual email blast going out when info is officially revealed - pics, info, pricing, etc... There should be plenty of games for every distributor and every customer. Nothing else to share until Friday folks. The name of the game hasn’t even been officially announced to my knowledge ! : )-
Shoot us an email if you want in on the game and ordering info we’ll be sending out.

Joe Newhart
[email protected]

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Got the email. Just taking interested list folks now and putting them on the email list for our usual email blast going out when info is officially revealed - pics, info, pricing, etc... Nothing else to share until then folks. The name of the game hasn’t even been officially announced to my knowledge ! : )-

We already heard the title is dialed in 2. The secret is out.

#16 5 years ago

Here’s something interesting...

My first show ever for PinballSTAR was a card show in Hershey with WOZ. Both Butch Patrick / Eddie Munster and Paris Theiman / Mike TeeVee of Willy Wonka were celebrity attendees. Both came over a bunch and played WOZ in our booth. Both thinking I made the game with my bare hands kept nagging about you really should make a (insert child star movie or tv show they starred in 40 years ago here) pinball machine. I swear Paris gave me his phone number and email too as the show ended. Of course they both just wanted the license $. I could have been selling toenail clippers just as well. Both were nice guys and we enjoyed hanging with them. But how crazy is it 6/7 years later both are getting their wish ! I didn’t get a pic of Paris but here’s Butch playing WOZ ! And on a rare standard with the wooden apron to boot ! : )

58B9FCC8-E70A-4F71-9634-329273057809 (resized).jpeg58B9FCC8-E70A-4F71-9634-329273057809 (resized).jpeg5A919F84-BB42-4AE0-9026-2C858B4AE90A (resized).jpeg5A919F84-BB42-4AE0-9026-2C858B4AE90A (resized).jpeg
#17 5 years ago

I'm definitely in, just a few months down the road, as I just got POTC last week. My friend and I got tickets last night, and the 8.5 hour drive will be sooooooo much faster the way there then back home, haha!

#19 5 years ago

Let me in, Wonka! I’m starving!

I’m already committed to a CE.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Got the email. Just taking interested list folks now and putting them on the email list for our usual email blast going out when info is officially revealed - pics, info, pricing, etc... There should be plenty of games for every distributor and every customer. Nothing else to share until Friday folks. The name of the game hasn’t even been officially announced to my knowledge ! : )-
Shoot us an email if you want in on the game and ordering info we’ll be sending out.
Joe Newhart
[email protected]

Thanks Joe. Sorry, I'm just over the moon stoked for this machine. First pin purchase at all, so I want it all to be right.

#21 5 years ago

In on a group buy of 3 CE's and an LE with mr KingPinGames Christopher. So looking forward to bringing these home and to see the magic JJP created with this title!

#22 5 years ago

Totally in on a CE if I can get my hands on one...

Jeff

#23 5 years ago

Not ordering in until I see and play it in the flesh and there is a defined delivery date.

There is no fear of missing out on jjp machines as they all drop in price and limited edition are never truely limited.

Collectors editions are far too expensive (pirates was ~20k aud) on my side of the planet.

#24 5 years ago

My deposit is in for an LE. This will be my second pin ever.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In on a group buy of 3 CE's and an LE with mr KingPinGames Christopher. So looking forward to bringing these home and to see the magic JJP created with this title!

You’re only getting an LE?

In other news, I may have bought a Wonka T-shirt for Friday.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Whats the purpose of the group buy? Save on shipping?

#27 5 years ago

Added a poll for club members to vote on an edition

#28 5 years ago

Some news from Kaneda about Willy Wonka on his latest episode. Today Kaneda mentioned that Keith isn't coding Willy Wonka but rather Joe Katz. It's awesome that Joe Katz is may be the lead on Willy Wonka (not sure if he's working on it or Kaneda's comment meant he's the lead). Joe has done a ton of great work on JJP games including Hobbit and Pirates.

This aligns with Eric's comments at TPF where he said that Keith is working on the Pirates super wizard mode. So Keith is either the lead on the fall JJP game or more likely Ted Estes is (he was last a lead on Dialed In) and Keith is on the first 2020 JJP pin? Keith may very well be working on Pirates for a while longer.

#29 5 years ago

WHAT?!?

#30 5 years ago

In on "at least" an LE waiting on confirm from Joe at PinballStar but assuming he is likely busy doing the same for others.

I won't chase him down BUT to be honest I've already sent an email AND a PM - so I'm as eager as some of the "others" in this thread for sure!

Very excited about Wonka and prepping the Pinball Loft with some framed posters before game ships!

I'm a huge Mondo poster fan and have a few super nice Batman 66 limited edition prints from Tom Whalen ... so I went on a search for the same for Willie Wonka and found 2 Mondo produced prints - one from Tom Whalen and the other from Laurent Durieux.

Both on the way now!

Wonka_Whalen (resized).JPGWonka_Whalen (resized).JPGWonka_Durieux (resized).JPGWonka_Durieux (resized).JPG
#31 5 years ago

LE or CE, it will depend on what extras are included. Either way, all in!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You’re only getting an LE?
In other news, I may have bought a Wonka T-shirt for Friday.

Heck no big Wonka fan, CE for me.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Heck no big Wonka fan, CE for me.

I figured I was trying to joke that of the four you got the lesser. :p

Also, group buy? Not sure what that means? Discount on pinball machine price?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I figured I was trying to joke that of the four you got the lesser. :p
Also, group buy? Not sure what that means? Discount on pinball machine price?

No special treatment KingPin always takes care of us and is a stand up distributor.

#35 5 years ago

Can’t wait till the weekend

25F65299-D4A6-4194-AEF2-72E69315E321 (resized).jpeg25F65299-D4A6-4194-AEF2-72E69315E321 (resized).jpeg
#36 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Can’t wait till the weekend
[quoted image]

Can’t wait till the weekend.

D62B1120-E9E8-46F1-8ECB-5AB588666C2E.jpegD62B1120-E9E8-46F1-8ECB-5AB588666C2E.jpeg

Fixed it for you.

#37 5 years ago

MT45 - I love that second poster and may have to get one for myself. Afte seeing your post I ordered this one.

Wonka Car (resized).PNGWonka Car (resized).PNG
#38 5 years ago

Ok Wonka fans! As you know, besides movies I produce books and magazines. Issue #6 of SPFX has The Making Of Willy Wonks & the Chocolate Factory! Interviews with cast and crew! (yes, and all the kids) (Magazine contents below) I also helped make arrangements for them to get together for their first convention! In the USA if anyone wants a copy it's $15 Postpaid Priority Mail. (My PayPal is [email protected]) Always include your address.
SPFX #6 CONTENTS:
MAKING WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Interviews with producer, director, dialog coach, costume designer, stars, and more!
CHRIS WALAS Chris talks about his work on Scanners, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gremlins, Enemy Mine, winning the oscar for The Fly and directing Fly II.
JOAN WELDON The star of Them! talks about acting, working with giant ants, and opera!
SEAN McCLORY Them! co-star shoots from the hip.
KEVIN McCARTHY From Death of a Salesman to the sci-fi classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
TRIBUTE: FAY WRAY We celebrate Fay's 90th Birthday with pictures.
MAD MONSTER PARTY A look at the creation of the children's stop-motion classis.

SPFX 6 Color Cover (resized).jpgSPFX 6 Color Cover (resized).jpgIMG-5280 (resized).JPGIMG-5280 (resized).JPGIMG-5281 (resized).JPGIMG-5281 (resized).JPGIMG-5282 (resized).JPGIMG-5282 (resized).JPGIMG-5283 (resized).JPGIMG-5283 (resized).JPGted & wonka kids (resized).jpgted & wonka kids (resized).jpg
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Can’t wait till the weekend.
[quoted image]
Fixed it for you.

Gee thanks?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok Wonka fans! As you know, besides movies I produce books and magazines. Issue #6 of SPFX has The Making Of Willy Wonks & the Chocolate Factory! Interviews with cast and crew! (yes, and all the kids) (Magazine contents below) I also helped make arrangements for them to get together for their first convention!

I bought this about a year or so ago ... very very cool and if your in on Wonka, you should be in on the history! I thoroughly enjoyed reading my copy

#41 5 years ago

This thread is so fantastic for anyone who grew up with this classic film and for those discovery it to that extent! Greatly enjoying it!

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I bought this about a year or so ago ... very very cool and if your in on Wonka, you should be in on the history! I thoroughly enjoyed reading my copy

Thanks pal! It was fun together putting it. Strike that. Reverse it.

#43 5 years ago

I’m in for a CE!

#44 5 years ago

It’s gonna be a long week, no doubt. I have followed JJP since WOZ release and hoping #5 is the best pin coming out of NJ yet. Friday can’t come fast enough.

#45 5 years ago

Not making the final call until the reveal but if I pull the trigger I haven't landed on LE or CE so I have a questions for those who have owned both. Exclusivity is the least important factor, so removing that, is there anywhere close to $3000 in additional value in a CE over an LE on a JJP? Or is most of the value assigned to the numbers on the plaque? Thanks!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not making the final call until the reveal but if I pull the trigger I haven't landed on LE or CE so I have a questions for those who have owned both. Exclusivity is the least important factor, so removing that, is there anywhere close to $3000 in additional value in a CE over an LE on a JJP? Or is most of the value assigned to the numbers on the plaque? Thanks!

If you really loved the art of the CE in the POTC game, then there was significant value there. The topper is also one of the coolest I've seen. For me, I liked the regular art just as much so it wasn't worth going to a CE. With Wonka, I'm already in on an LE, and depending on what I see on the CE I may upgrade. I think it comes down to personal preference on that extra $3k. It's tough cuz that $3k is half the cost of the next stern game I buy. It really is a personal decision.

#47 5 years ago

I'll be at MGC and be ready to throw down a deposit! It's going to be a long week waiting until Friday...

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I'll be at MGC and be ready to throw down a deposit! It's going to be a long week waiting until Friday...

I'm with you on that, this week is going to go so slow!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Ill be there ready to take your deposit....

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

You've got some other responsibilities at MGC besides just throwing money around too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.