IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 278.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think a Wonkavator replica would look great

Yes we do too....full metal cast with gold finish.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I think we need a 24 hour Wonka news outlet. All Wonka, All the time. Or just eliminate all other threads here but Wonka related.

Wonka (the movie) is streaming for free on the Roku channel. That can help pass a couple hours of the wait.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I think we need a 24 hour Wonka news outlet. All Wonka, All the time.

We could call it Wonkavision ...

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt time kills many deals for JJP....the fact that JJP can't ship weeks after reveal is a big problem for them....one that is a bit mind blowing to be honest....its the one reason Stern has so much success...they reveal and ship Pros almost immediately....

Ok, I have some doubt. Who are these people who need to have a game right away? A pinball machine is kind of a big purchase and most of us have other games to keep us busy. Wouldn‘t most folks want to take some time and weigh their decision?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Ok, I have some doubt. Who are these people who need to have a game right away? A pinball machine is kind of a big purchase and most of us have other games to keep us busy. Wouldn‘t most folks want to take some time and weigh their decision?

I want an Oompa Loompa NOW

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I want an Oompa Loompa NOW

LOL!

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I think we need a 24 hour Wonka news outlet. All Wonka, All the time. Or just eliminate all other threads here but Wonka related.

"Welcome to WonkaSide!"

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yes we do too....full metal cast with gold finish.

Can I ask how you're making your mods without a WONKA pinball in your possession? Just curious. Are you using the dimensions of DI's backpanel as a reference instead, or do you have a SE prototype?

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In on a standard edition. I'm being told late May / early June, subject to change.

Told by whom? That sounds kind of early. I'm being told early July for SE's.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Wouldn‘t most folks want to take some time and weigh their decision?

Sure, it's not about those folks, it's about the companies who might prefer you didn't ponder that big purchase too long and buy right away while the hype is hot.

Nobody but Stern so far manages to announce and then ship a machine right away, while the blood is boiling still. It's a lesson that's maybe easy to learn, not so easy to implement.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Told by whom? That sounds kind of early. I'm being told early July for SE's.

Hemisphere amusements.. of course that's only what they are estimating, who knows when stuff will actually ship.

#412 4 years ago

I would think they’ll start shipping late May. If not I’m not sure what the JJP line would be doing other than sitting around since JJPOTC should be done by then. Right now they are making YBR on both lines while waiting on JJPOTC parts. After JJPOTC comes Wonka.

#413 4 years ago

I thought that at the mid-April unveiling, JJP said they would begin shipping the SE in 60 days. That would mean the first SEs would start being delivered in mid-June. Is that still the plan?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I thought that at the mid-April unveiling, JJP said they would begin shipping the SE in 60 days. That would mean the first SEs would start being delivered in mid-June. Is that still the plan?

Jack said 6 weeks in a podcast interview around MGC. If it’s 60 days from MGC then yea that would be June. Do you know who said 60 days?

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Jack said 6 weeks in a podcast interview around MGC. If it’s 60 days from MGC then yea that would be June. Do you know who said 60 days?

I didn't get his name but he was a short guy, kinda orange.

Actually it is on the TWIP Deep Dive dated April 12 under the heading Production and Shipping.

"Jersey Jack plans to have games in customer homes within 60 days."

Based on that I was figuring mid-June.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Can I ask how you're making your mods without a WONKA pinball in your possession? Just curious. Are you using the dimensions of DI's backpanel as a reference instead, or do you have a SE prototype?

We all wish we had proto for playfield specific parts but some things can be made knowing standard measurements.
Such as shooter items .
Playfield specific items will need to be fitted first which will require a machine which like everyone we have one on order.

#417 4 years ago

Anyone concerned about JJP improving quality control before shipping Wonka? I've read many threads regarding WOZ and POTC issues (even straight from NIB).

Local brewcade operator just yanked POTC and DI from their rotation due to reliability and long turn-around time for replacement parts. Sad since I enjoyed playing them both there.

Still in for a CE.

#418 4 years ago

It sounds like they took that into account when designing Wonka. They made it sound like they want a game that is rock solid for operators. I love my RRWOZ and have not had any problems outside the ordinary maintenance. I would also assume you hear more of the bad than good when it comes to most (Reviewable) things. But, they seem to be listening and making a good effort to improve these areas.

So for me, I am not worried about issues with Wonka, and can't wait to get mine.

#419 4 years ago

This. People always praise JJP support, but every time I’ve needed a part, it typically takes a couple weeks for it to ship. Then a week to ship, three weeks is a long time for a game to be down.

Stern ships the next day and is usually next day air or two day.

Three days to three weeks is huge.

Quoted from Gasoline:

and long turn-around time for replacement parts.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This. People always praise JJP support, but every time I’ve needed a part, it typically takes a couple weeks for it to ship. Then a week to ship, three weeks is a long time for a game to be down.

I think they mean JJP works with you to fix problems and free parts.What problem has shut your JJP game down for weeks?

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Anyone concerned about JJP improving quality control before shipping Wonka? I've read many threads regarding WOZ and POTC issues (even straight from NIB).
Local brewcade operator just yanked POTC and DI from their rotation due to reliability and long turn-around time for replacement parts. Sad since I enjoyed playing them both there.
Still in for a CE.

My ECLE woz has been solid sans a few light board issues. Unless you are planning to route your WONKA its not something I would really worry about (and even if you were, routes really depend on the OPs and techs that keep them going).

Yes JJP support (calling, getting a part out) can take a little longer than normal sometimes (other times, no issue at all), but generally speaking, they will always go out of their way to help you and get you what you need.

#422 4 years ago

Any word on when the final CE stuff will be approved by the licensor and the last vague bullet point of "more surprises" (or whatever it says), revealed?

Jeff

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any word on when the final CE stuff will be approved by the licensor and the last vague bullet point of "more surprises" (or whatever it says), revealed?
Jeff

I had inquired this same info from an email chain I have going with Joe and Jack about my POTC. No reply on those details. I would expect to see that info sometime in May once approval is finished and a few final test prototypes hit the line. I am sure that the final details are clearing up and the line is likely in starting production within a few weeks from this point.

#424 4 years ago

Can't make the show and want to order a Willy Wonka ? Email Joe at [email protected] !

JJPPinfest 2019 (resized).pngJJPPinfest 2019 (resized).png
#425 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well, I guess that depends. Stern was very quick to help me confirm that one of my Walking Dead light boards were defective. However, they left me to order the part from my distributor or a parts place like Marco. I ordered from Marco and they had to order from Stern. Took over a month for Marco to get the part from Stern and then a day or two after that to me.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Do you have an account with them? Don't even know if it even makes a difference, but when I order parts I usually get them in a couple of days. None of my orders have taken a week let alone two or three...

#427 4 years ago

I made the decision today to upgrade my SE order to an LE. I came into some unexpected cash and decided that a ride in the Wonkavator would be fun!

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Still in for a CE.

Shit breaks

It is what is with JJP

I wouldn’t worry about HUO

#430 4 years ago

I don't have an account, I didn't know there was an account?

I had a WOZ that was an absolute disaster, lots of parts needed and long wait times for that. More recently, had a Dialed In, needed a couple minor things, but had to call them up after I didn't see the parts for two weeks. The person I talked to stated parts was busy and he'd skip my order to the front of the queue. I had the parts 4 business days later.

It's good to hear some people have had better luck with JJP support than I have. The ball on my new Stern Iron Maiden kept flying off the right ramp. Contacted support on a Monday, a video was requested. Sent link to video Tuesday, new ramp went out Wednesday and I got it Friday. I've had 7 or 8 support experiences with JJP, all but one of them that awful WOZ. My problem was always handled, but it took too long.

Quoted from apinballwiz:

Do you have an account with them? Don't even know if it even makes a difference, but when I order parts I usually get them in a couple of days. None of my orders have taken a week let alone two or three...

#431 4 years ago

My JJP support experiences have been hit or miss. Most recently, no reply to emails from a week ago. Their handling of the WOZ lighting issues is less than stellar.

#432 4 years ago

If Wonka is the sales hit most are expecting, i hope JJP ups its game in the customer support department. Higher sales means more calls for assistance. This will be my first JJP, so fingers are crossed for a good experience.

#433 4 years ago

Everyone should remember that unless your order directly from jjp, then your DISTRUBUTOR should be your first contact for support. If your current distributor is just taking your money and sending your to jjp tech support, then find a better distributor. While most distributors will not have the knowledge base that jjp does, a quality distributor should be able to assist with most issues, or at least assist with parts being ordered and delivered in a timely fashion.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Everyone should remember that unless your order directly from jjp, then your DISTRUBUTOR should be your first contact for support. If your current distributor is just taking your money and sending your to jjp tech support, then find a better distributor. While most distributors will not have the knowledge base that jjp does, a quality distributor should be able to assist with most issues, or at least assist with parts being ordered and delivered in a timely fashion.

I wish I could recommend this post 1000 times ...

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I appreciate the point, but what if you need help after the warranty period ends or if you buy the game second-hand? While a good distributor is invaluable (I’ve learned this the hard way), it’s also nice to know the manufacturer will have your back if (i.e., when) you need assistance.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I appreciate the point, but what if you need assistance after the warranty period ends or if you buy the game second-hand? While a good distributor is invaluable (I’ve learned this the hard way), it’s also nice to know the manufacturer will have your back if (i.e., when) you need assistance.

Can't say it applies to All cases but with an earned relationship with a reputable distributor I have been supported in both examples from KingPinGames and Flipnoutpinball as a customer. Granted they can't pull free favors on non warranty or second hand but they have Never left me stranded for help. Again, not all cases or distributors are the same post sale....

#437 4 years ago

I want to play this. Hype is high. I think it looks fun from the gameplay videos, and I dislike gameplay videos for the most part. I am looking forward to playing the wonka pinball experience.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I want to play this.

Shouldn't that picture be, "I Wonka it now ! " ?

LTG : )

#439 4 years ago

Topper arrived before my machine.Some assembly required.

15566689220097527790518295706345 (resized).jpg15566689220097527790518295706345 (resized).jpg
#440 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt time kills many deals for JJP....the fact that JJP can't ship weeks after reveal is a big problem for them....one that is a bit mind blowing to be honest....its the one reason Stern has so much success...they reveal and ship Pros almost immediately....

I don't understand how JJP fails at this time and time again. Why couldn't they have waited for the reveal and ship the next day? Stern announces BK the next week and has it out the door and people are loving it while the Wonka hype train has just slowed to a crawl. There is nothing more to speculate on. We've seen the goodies but can't play with them. Total cock tease but not in a good way.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I want to play this. Hype is high. I think it looks fun from the gameplay videos, and I dislike gameplay videos for the most part. I am looking forward to playing the wonka pinball experience. [quoted image]

Get this book signed at Pintastic in June! Julie is flying in from London!

#442 4 years ago

Friendly reminder from the moderation staff: this is a club thread, there are plenty of other threads to express frustration on shipping issues (such as the hype thread or any of the other Wonka threads).

This thread is meant for owners and fans discussion on positive things about the game and only, negativity about JJP or shipping orders or other items simply may not enter into discussion this club thread.

Thank you.

#443 4 years ago

Well it's official. My distributor has my deposit for my WONKA CE. I am really excited to join the club. I am anticipating a long wait but I am confident it will be worth it just as it was for my POTC LE.

#444 4 years ago

Go to the Allentown show Friday or Saturday and Play the game. That should tide you over for a bit. Can't wait!

Quoted from Deez:

I don't understand how JJP fails at this time and time again. Why couldn't they have waited for the reveal and ship the next day? Stern announces BK the next week and has it out the door and people are loving it while the Wonka hype train has just slowed to a crawl. There is nothing more to speculate on. We've seen the goodies but can't play with them. Total cock tease but not in a good way.

#445 4 years ago

There will be a CE prototype at the Ann Arbor show as well....looking forward to taking a spin !

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Can't make the show and want to order a Willy Wonka ? Email Joe at [email protected] !
[quoted image]

Katie and i are looking fwd to playing wonka... how many will u have? Will it be the le or standard? Regardless looking fwd to it and thanks for providing this .

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Katie and i are looking fwd to playing wonka... how many will u have? Will it be the le or standard? Regardless looking fwd to it and thanks for providing this .

See below:

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hello all !
PinballSTAR will be at Allentown Pinfest this weekend Fri May 3 / Sat May 4 in our usual spot with our usual huge booth of everything new to play (and buy !)
We are planning on having the following games in our booth to play or buy at the following prices - if interested in locking something up EMAIL Joe at [email protected] :
JERSEY JACK PINBALL -
Willy Wonka SE - factory proto not for sale
Willy Wonka LE - factory proto not for sale
…but of course taking Willy Wonka pre-orders SE 7,500 / LE 9,500 / CE 12,500 - 250 deposits on SE / LEs, 1000 on CEs
Pirates of the Caribbean SE - 1 NIB for sale $ 8,500 (our last one !)
Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road - 1 NIB for sale 11,500 (at show so no shipping cost)
INVISIGLASS pre orders being taken to bring to show - email us !
CHICAGO GAMING -
MMR - show game SOLD … but taking $ 250 deposits on later year re-run
AFMR SE - show game 7,300 - 500 show game discount = 6,800 AVAILABLE
…AFMR CEs not at show but in stock and available to ship $ 6,000
MBR SE - show game SOLD
MBR SE - 1 NIB for sale 7,300 (at show so no shipping cost)
…MBR CEs not at show but in stock and available to ship $ 6,000
…MBR LEs - we still have a few pre-orders left to sell $ 8,000 / $ 1,000 deposit
SPOOKY PINBALL -
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle - show game SOLD …but NIB $ 6,450 and taking $ 1,000 deposits on pre-orders
AMERICAN PINBALL -
Houdini - show game with art blades - $ 7,100 retail - 600 show discount = 6,500
Houdini - 1 NIB with art blades for sale $ 7,100 - 250 show discount = $ 6,850
Oktoberfest - show game $ 7,400 (may be SOLD - but not firm yet - please email)
MULTIMORPHIC -
P3 / Cosmic Cart Racing - FREE ROCs mini game with every factory order at show ! $ 10,000
HOMEPIN -
Thunderbirds - show game $ 5,000 retail - 500 discount = $ 4,500
Thunderbirds - 1 NIB not at show must be shipped $ 5,000
TEAM PINBALL -
Mafia - show game - Founders Edition # 4 of only 10 made - Retail $ 9,000 - 2,500 show discount = $ 6,500. Only 20 total to be made (if they make the 10 standards previously announced)… Only 2 Mafia in the USA - this is one of them ! Own this collector's rarity !
VP CABS (Virtual Pinball) -
Vertigo - 3 show games $ 4,150 retail - 650 discount (all upgrades for free - upgraded computer and LED buttons) = $ 3,500
Vortex (table top or wall mount version Vertigo)- 1 show game $ 3,150 retail - 650 discount = $ 2,500
OTHERS :
Square Head - Gottlieb Add a Ball - decent not great cosmetic condition - works fine nice BG $ 1,500 or best offer - email for pics
(2) Gottlieb Spidermans - projects - will make one nice game some parts missing on each I think but 'should' be complete for 1 game but not 100% sure - $ 1,000 for both or best offer - email for pics.
If you can't make the show and want to take advantage of something above - just EMAIL US and we'll get it done for you - we can ship anything to you !
Frist come first served ! : )
Show info : www.pinfestival.com
Joe Newhart
[email protected]

#449 4 years ago

Did anyone catch that Wonka was announced in Milwaukee, and Gene Wilder was also born there?
F65BF428-4599-4D51-AA78-5803113BA0BF (resized).jpegF65BF428-4599-4D51-AA78-5803113BA0BF (resized).jpeg

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Get this book signed at Pintastic in June! Julie is flying in from London!

Mail2 (resized).jpgMail2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/9?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.