IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 279.
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That was my initial impression too, early on. It changes over time as your nudge skills improve. Also, try and keep kickback lit as much as possible. When the ball exists the left TV lane it passes the gum targets - a quick nudge to the left can bang those targets into the ball and light them for you.

ill give it a try. but man, this weekend especially was very frustrating. My nudging skills arent the best but this should be good practice ha.

Question for you guys getting consistent scores of over a million or so... Did you keep the stock left drain or add a post?

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

ill give it a try. but man, this weekend especially was very frustrating. My nudging skills arent the best but this should be good practice ha.
Question for you guys getting consistent scores of over a million or so... Did you keep the stock left drain or add a post?

i did not add a post, but did move the left outlane post to the center position.

I had my highest score over the weekend of 5.1 million, 228 wonka bars, but only one golden ticket. How do you start Ransom?

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i did not add a post, but did move the left outlane post to the center position.
I had my highest score over the weekend of 5.1 million, 228 wonka bars, but only one golden ticket. How do you start Ransom?

I like to start with about 6 beers, pulling the shooter rod back, closing my eyes and flap those flippers like a madman lol

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did not install the post.

Best game I ever had:

#4855 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That was my initial impression too, early on. It changes over time as your nudge skills improve. Also, try and keep kickback lit as much as possible. When the ball exists the left TV lane it passes the gum targets - a quick nudge to the left can bang those targets into the ball and light them for you.

What he said^^

#4856 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wonka is a great game but there is things that are confusing.The info for Ransom is there you have to look at screen prompts

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How do you start Ransom?

Ransom mode will begin when you get 200 Wonka bars.

I don't know how or even if it ends, I always drain - can't handle the pressure! Love the sound effect when you hit the shot though...

#4858 4 years ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to look back behind the monitor to look at the cable hookup but it doesn't seem to want to move. There is a little give if you move the bottom of the screen, but I don't want to force anything. I'm completely new to doing this and I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Is there something I need to remove first to look behind the screen?

Thank you.

IMG_3777 (resized).jpgIMG_3777 (resized).jpg
#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Hey guys, I'm trying to look back behind the monitor to look at the cable hookup but it doesn't seem to want to move. There is a little give if you move the bottom of the screen, but I don't want to force anything. I'm completely new to doing this and I'm not really sure what I'm doing.
Is there something I need to remove first to look behind the screen?
Thank you.[quoted image]

The screen is held to the back box by magnets on the sides. The screen itself is on and articulating arm. You really just have to give a little pressure to pull the monitor forward, use two hands on the top and bottom corners and you should be fine. Do right side first, then the left side.

#4860 4 years ago

Dont be afraid pull it towards you, magnets are on top right and left...

#4861 4 years ago

Thank you both very much. Glad it was that easy.

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did not install the post.
Best game I ever had:

Zaph:

I see the firmware version is 2.06B and seems to have different call outs. Is that a Beta firmware?

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Zaph:
I see the firmware version is 2.06B and seems to have different call outs. Is that a Beta firmware?

The CE has different callouts from the SE/LE. But yes it's a beta.

#4864 4 years ago

Looking for a Wonka LE. I have a Congo & a Golden Tee Pedestal with 55 inch TV to trade towards + cash. I’m in VA and willing to travel and meet within 4 hours. PM me.

#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Looking for a Wonka LE. I have a Congo & a Golden Tee Pedestal with 55 inch TV to trade towards + cash. I’m in VA and willing to travel and meet within 4 hours. PM me.

Good luck on your search for a great game!Bump

#4866 4 years ago

Do any of you guys know the differences in some of the sound adjustments? There is Speech and Fanfare, I believe. As well as FX and music.

I assume Speech are the callouts, what is Fanfare?

#4867 4 years ago

Quick question on the rules. I've been playing for a while and I can't seem to figure out what causes the diverter to be enabled. I'm referring to the one that is on the left ramp that drops it down to the upper left flipper.

#4868 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Quick question on the rules. I've been playing for a while and I can't seem to figure out what causes the diverter to be enabled. I'm referring to the one that is on the left ramp that drops it down to the upper left flipper.

when super lock is lit and i think when you are in 2x wonka bars the diverter engages drops the ball. Might be (probably are) others but pretty sure on those two.

#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just about anytime that shot is required it is engaged.

-Super lock
-factory tour to for gum targets
-fizzy lifting room
-super spinner
-super pops
-2x wonka bars
-super jackpots

There are probably others.

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Just about anytime that shot is required it is engaged.
-Super lock
-factory tour to for gum targets
-fizzy lifting room
-super spinner
-super pops
-2x wonka bars
-super jackpots
There are probably others.

Anything that lights the GUM targets too, like World Champion Gum Chewing or completing Violet. I think Wanka-Wash frenzy also lights it so you can take advantage of the spinner. Also, it will not trigger if you have combo going to allow you to continue growing your Scrumdidilyumtious(sp?) value. Hit the Gobstopper target to end any combo and allow the diverter to fire .

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Anything that lights the GUM targets too, like World Champion Gum Chewing or completing Violet. I think Wanka-Wash frenzy also lights it so you can take advantage of the spinner. Also, it will not trigger if you have combo going to allow you to continue growing your Scrumdidilyumtious(sp?) value. Hit the Gobstopper target to end any combo and allow the diverter to fire .

Jesus Christ this pin has a lot going on!I just play the hell out of it and amaze myself with scores of 13mil and more!

#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jesus Christ this pin has a lot going on!I just play the hell out of it and amaze myself with scores of 13mil and more!

13mill?? Wow, ha. I got 3 mill at my high and that was a fluke!

#4873 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

13mill?? Wow, ha. I got 3 mill at my high and that was a fluke!

Played first thing in the morning,before work.I tried not to look up at score and stay in the zone.I can say one thing for sure if you let it the light show will fuck you up!

#4874 4 years ago

Hey guys, quick newbie question here. I picked up a set of the flipper bat toppers/mod from Ulekstore to put over the yellow ones on my Wonka. My question is do I need to worry about the JJP logos on the flipper bats? It appears that the logo is slightly raised and I'm concerned the adhesive on the bat mods might not adhere in those areas. Has anyone done these to their game?

Thanks much!

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Hey guys, quick newbie question here. I picked up a set of the flipper bat toppers/mod from Ulekstore to put over the yellow ones on my Wonka. My question is do I need to worry about the JJP logos on the flipper bats? It appears that the logo is slightly raised and I'm concerned the adhesive on the bat mods might not adhere in those areas. Has anyone done these to their game?
Thanks much!

Shouldn’t be a problem I’ve got the same and have no issues

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Same, no issues.

#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from waldo34:

Same, no issues.

Thanks guys!

#4878 4 years ago

From day one my Wonka has had a noticable hum. Oherwise functions well. Sounds like a 60hz hum coming from the power supply, not the speakers. Is this normal?

#4879 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1585860111099 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1585860111099 (resized).jpg
#4880 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

From day one my Wonka has had a noticable hum. Oherwise functions well. Sounds like a 60hz hum coming from the power supply, not the speakers. Is this normal?

I feel like a few of my machines have this. Are you sure its not a fan?

#4881 4 years ago

Nearly all my machines have some type of HUM if they are left on in a quiet room. I tend to turn them off when not in use.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I had a very loud transformer when my LE was delivered; I spoke with my distributor and swapped a few videos and emails with JJP and they both agreed it wasn't right. They sent a replacement, and after swapping it out, exactly the same hum persists with the new transformer.

That was approx 3 months ago, I don't even hear it now.

#4883 4 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I had a very loud transformer when my LE was delivered.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like a "healthy" hum, just a bit louder than I would expect

#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I had a very loud transformer when my LE was delivered; I spoke with my distributor and swapped a few videos and emails with JJP and they both agreed it wasn't right. They sent a replacement, and after swapping it out, exactly the same hum persists with the new transformer.
That was approx 3 months ago, I don't even hear it now.

I had this on my potc,added some rubber dampers under the transformer , and it was gone. Had it again on my wonka, did the same , also solved.

Make sure to add a damper ring on each side of the connection lips, so it “ floats”in the rubber and doesn’t make direct contact with the cab even through the bolts.

Good luck

#4885 4 years ago

I’m thinking about joining the club and was wondering how long ball times typically are? I’ve played it, but it’s been a while and I can’t remember. I know they weren’t Lord of the Rings long, but how would they compare to Deadpool? Longer or shorter?

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m thinking about joining the club and was wondering how long ball times typically are? I’ve played it, but it’s been a while and I can’t remember. I know they weren’t Lord of the Rings long, but how would they compare to Deadpool? Longer or shorter?

Curious as well. Trying to decide between jurassic park premium and a wonka LE for my next pin. I have deadpool and ball times are pretty long. Have a star wars premium as well and prefer the shorter times

#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Wonka can be one of those pins that you play three to four games real quick and then you get in the groove on one.Most of the times it’s short to medium game times.
Definitely my go to game

#4888 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I had this on my potc,added some rubber dampers under the transformer , and it was gone.

As a test, I unbolted the transformer and temporarily put it on a towel. The hum completely dissapeared. Ordered some rubber washers and installed on both sides of the connectors as you described. At first there was still a little buzz from the sides of the bolts touching the connectors. Had to jiggle it a little to get the bolts to not touch metal. Now hum free. Thanks!

#4889 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:Curious as well. Trying to decide between jurassic park premium and a wonka LE for my next pin. I have deadpool and ball times are pretty long. Have a star wars premium as well and prefer the shorter times

Out of the box, I thought Wonka ball times were on the short side. I adjusted the outlane posts, and now ball times are about the same as Deadpool. Wonka has many more risk/reward choices to make than Deadpool. My Deadpool games are all about the same length, but Wonka lengths depend more on what I choose to shoot for. Lots of fun.

#4890 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

This is definitely a shorter ball-time game, which is something I love about it. It is so easy to just hit "Start" and grab one more game. Long ball time games usually leave me feeling like "Well, I don't wanna start THAT again."

#4891 4 years ago

Tons of short games followed by a nice medium to longer game is about normal for Wonka which is y I love it.

#4892 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tons of short games followed by a nice medium to longer game is about normal for Wonka which is y I love it.

Same here

#4893 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. This is SUPER helpful.

#4894 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Very short in my Wonka world..

#4895 4 years ago

Is JJP actually shipping parts now?

#4896 4 years ago

Hey all. I'm new to this thread, so apologies if this has been discussed before. I can't seem to get more than 1 Golden Ticket (from Gumball). Even after starting all the Factory modes I didn't get a second ticket. Is the following flowchart still relevant in the current code? Thanks.

wonka_flowchart (resized).jpgwonka_flowchart (resized).jpg
#4897 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Hey all. I'm new to this thread, so apologies if this has been discussed before. I can't seem to get more than 1 Golden Ticket (from Gumball). Even after starting all the Factory modes I didn't get a second ticket. Is the following flowchart still relevant in the current code? Thanks.[quoted image]

That image looks right. Did you complete all 12 modes, or just the Wonka Factory modes? You’ll need to start all 4 super x modes, all 4 captive ball modes, and all 4 Factory ramp modes to get that golden ticket.

#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

That image looks right. Did you complete all 12 modes, or just the Wonka Factory modes? You’ll need to start all 4 super x modes, all 4 captive ball modes, and all 4 Factory ramp modes to get that golden ticket.

Blimey. I only focused on starting the Wonka Factory modes (blue lines), not the Supers and the captive ball awards. Thanks!

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Is JJP actually shipping parts now?

I got a warranty part on Monday so someone is shipping stuff out of there. To bad the part they sent is also not good. O well they always make good.

#4900 4 years ago

For completing each kid, I find it hard to figure what to do for each or where to shoot? What exactly am I looking for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.