IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 280.
#4801 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

excellent game. No disappointment here.
EDIT: ....IF you get the luxury to play one that is set up fair, and balanced. 6.5-7 degree tilt with the left outlane post installed.
I played an SE on location at a place that was getting ready to host a tournament, and the table was at a 9 degree tilt with no left post installed. NOT a fun experience to the average player. ate my $$$ in a few minutes.

Ok I will try and remember that.

#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I had mine out for a while, but due to the fact that the pop bumpers fire a SDTM 1 of every 3 balls, I installed it. Definitely balanced the game out more

How did the left outlane post balance out the SDTM from the pops?

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How did the left outlane post balance out the SDTM from the pops?

I think he means that it at least screws you (less often) from one way of losing the ball.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I think he means that it at least screws you (less often) from one way of losing the ball.

My main drains are SDTM and right outlane. I don't think too much about the left one any more because I make an effort to bash the GUM targets and keep kickback lit.

#4805 4 years ago

Patch wish: I would like to see some score adjustments for Wonkatania Mania. It is one of the best modes in the game. That lightshow is so distracting that it really takes concentration to make those ramp shots, but the overall scoring is really insignificant for how cool this mode is. It needs some tweaks and also I would like to see it receive a high score portrait as well.

And has anyone heard the scream at the end of it yet? I still never have.

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Patch wish: I would like to see some score adjustments for Wonkatania Mania. It is one of the best modes in the game. That lightshow is so distracting that it really takes concentration to make those ramp shots, but the overall scoring is really insignificant for how cool this mode is. It needs some tweaks and also I would like to see it receive a high score portrait as well.

I hear what your saying,you have to focus so much that you should get more points for finishing.I have a SE and this is the mode that really uses that shaker I installed.
I didn’t vote in Twippy’s this year but this game deserves something for the little eraser led’s and best light show overalll

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Turn the light show setting for Wonkatania Mania all the way up to "I'm gonna be sick" and play it that way. Subtle tweaks in the different settings are available for that particular light show. I like the most severe the best. If you get the Rock Custom Pinball Rock914 under cab lights for Wonka, that adds even more light show flashes in your peripheral vision. I highly recommend that if you like that kind of pizzazz.

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ive debated. Im very stern on not changing the game from the way the factory settings are.. but last night I gave it a good run and man, I was literally saying to myself, "I cant wait to check these audits because 85% of drains must come from the left". And then one fired right down the middle and I needed to step away lol hahahah

It really does seem to favor left drains. I thought that mine wasnt level but I just think its how it plays.

#4809 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

It really does seem to favor left drains. I thought that mine wasnt level but I just think its how it plays.

Try and keep kickback lit more. For me the right drains and center (from pops) outweigh left now.

You will notice the ball making a little S curve when it exits the left TV lane. You can nudge the machine to the right as it passes the GUM targets to knock them into the ball and register hits.

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I cheated and put the post at the highest level.

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try and keep kickback lit more. For me the right drains and center (from pops) outweigh left now.
You will notice the ball making a little S curve when it exits the left TV lane. You can nudge the machine to the right as it passes the GUM targets to knock them into the ball and register hits.

How far up does your kickback send the ball? I asked the question a little while ago but nobody answered. Seems that you can adjust the timing of that and it makes a big difference. Changing the timing alone can send the ball around the orbit. So I wasnt sure what is considered "normal"

#4812 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How far up does your kickback send the ball? I asked the question a little while ago but nobody answered. Seems that you can adjust the timing of that and it makes a big difference. Changing the timing alone can send the ball around the orbit. So I wasnt sure what is considered "normal"

Sometimes all the way up the spinner orbit! It's set to default.

#4813 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I've got some footage you can watch at http://twitch.tv/nspinball if you're curious.

#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've got some footage you can watch at http://twitch.tv/nspinball if you're curious.

Video doesnt seem to be loading for whatever reason.

Mine at times goes to the spinner, so seems similar.

#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Video doesnt seem to be loading for whatever reason.
Mine at times goes to the spinner, so seems similar.

That's because the channel isn't live right now - a Twitch thing. Click the "videos" tab and there are several captured sessions that will play.

#4816 4 years ago

Hoping someone here can help. I’m getting an error about the gobstopper door being stuck open (image 1). Upon turning on the game, the gobstopper disc performs a number of revolutions as if it cannot find a final position. No balls kick-out into the shooter lane at game start. All the optos associated with the gobstopper (the one under the disc and those in the subway leading to the trough) all seem to be activated (image 2) and at times continually activate when there are no balls in the trough, making the trough fire a number of times when powering on the machine. All the optos plug into the red opto board (image 3) which shows a red light on it (all other boards show a green light). Any advice on what I need to do? Thanks!

IMG_7705 (resized).jpegIMG_7705 (resized).jpegIMG_7706 (resized).jpegIMG_7706 (resized).jpegIMG_7704 (resized).jpegIMG_7704 (resized).jpeg
#4817 4 years ago

Willy Wonka did really well last night.Three Twipy’s ain’t too bad

#4818 4 years ago

It should have gotten more. It is such a fun game and really a beautiful pin. But, can't complain about JP as GOTY. A worthy competitor.

#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

It should have gotten more. It is such a fun game and really a beautiful pin. But, can't complain about JP as GOTY. A worthy competitor.

It is a great game but most people don’t own it and know that.So they except the party line on Pinside.
Maybe this is the year for a JJP pin to win game of the year again!

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It is a great game but most people don’t own it and know that.So they except the party line on Pinside.

Yes, the people who haven't played it and really gotten to know it don't understand just how great the rules and theme integration are. They accept the pinside narrative on this game at face value.

It's a shame and unfortunate for JJP and the team that their hard work gets trashed by a few loud voices.

#4821 4 years ago

Time will tell?

#4822 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I own both WW & JP2, and I could confidently say that they are both excellent but just such different games that I couldn’t pick a winner.

#4823 4 years ago

It was almost hilarious during the Best Light Show category when they showed Wonka next to JP and BKSOR. It was like showing an iMax Planet Earth film next to a zoetrope of a man riding a horse. No comparison.

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Hoping someone here can help. I’m getting an error about the gobstopper door being stuck open (image 1). Upon turning on the game, the gobstopper disc performs a number of revolutions as if it cannot find a final position. No balls kick-out into the shooter lane at game start. All the optos associated with the gobstopper (the one under the disc and those in the subway leading to the trough) all seem to be activated (image 2) and at times continually activate when there are no balls in the trough, making the trough fire a number of times when powering on the machine. All the optos plug into the red opto board (image 3) which shows a red light on it (all other boards show a green light). Any advice on what I need to do? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In case anyone cares or comes across the same issue, all problems were due to a faulty opto board. I got a replacement sent to me by a local distributor and all is good in the Wonka factory again.

#4825 4 years ago

Yay.....20200331_203841 (resized).jpg20200331_203841 (resized).jpg

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yay.....[quoted image]

It looks like glass and is absolutely beautiful (nicest I've seen). My game plays fine and none of the pooling is messing with gameplay so a swap will be way down the road unless it littlery just starts falling apart. Wanna thank jjp as they didn't have to send a playfield. They have always been great to me even if it was out of warranty or I wasnt the original buyer and for that reason I will continue to purchase their pins . Plus they make the best home games imo.

#4827 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It looks like glass and is absolutely beautiful (nicest I've seen). My game plays fine and none of the pooling is messing with gameplay so a swap will be way down the road unless it littlery just starts falling apart. Wanna thank jjp as they didn't have to send a playfield. They have always been great to me even if it was out of warranty or I wasnt the original buyer and for that reason I will continue to purchase their pins . Plus they make the best home games imo.

Grats.
Would love to see some better pictures of it.

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yay.....[quoted image]

I had no idea that a chocolate river was painted on the play field under the loop. Now I've got to go look at mine closer!

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Grats.
Would love to see some better pictures of it.

Allready boxed it back up and put it away.... but trust me it is beautiful and u can c it was buffed and waxed also. It's so shiny and reflective like a piece of glass... incredible. Had a Made on date of feb 6 2020.

#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Allready boxed it back up and put it away.... but trust me it is beautiful and u can c it was buffed and waxed also. It's so shiny and reflective like a piece of glass... incredible. Had a Made on date of feb 6 2020.

So nice.

Considered a Wall mount as decoration?
Do you think it would warp or decay in some way if you did?

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So nice.
Considered a Wall mount as decoration?
Do you think it would warp or decay in some way if you did?

Curious about this myself. I received my replacement playfield this week. I'm glad to have it, but now I have to find a way to store it until I ever decide to do the swap (almost assuredly will not happen) or sell it. It is a beautiful PF and would no doubt look good on a wall.

#4832 4 years ago

My impression was that everytime you hit the right ramp you light a letter on the factory...?? It seems that it works for me sometimes but not always. Is this a switch problem, or is it something in the rules that I am to stupid to figure out? It seems to register the ramp everytime.

Thanks

#4833 4 years ago

Im am curious on what is the best way to store this new playfield..

#4834 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im am curious on what is the best way to store this new playfield..

My approach - as a pinball newb - was to remove it from the box but not the paper, and lie it flat under a bed. My thinking is that any pressure would warp it over time.

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Hoping someone here can help. I’m getting an error about the gobstopper door being stuck open (image 1). Upon turning on the game, the gobstopper disc performs a number of revolutions as if it cannot find a final position. No balls kick-out into the shooter lane at game start. All the optos associated with the gobstopper (the one under the disc and those in the subway leading to the trough) all seem to be activated (image 2) and at times continually activate when there are no balls in the trough, making the trough fire a number of times when powering on the machine. All the optos plug into the red opto board (image 3) which shows a red light on it (all other boards show a green light). Any advice on what I need to do? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you get this fixed? I got the #31 error. I just had to adjust the mechanical switch on the upper left of the gobstopper bash target. I don't know about the other error I didn't have that one too.

#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

My impression was that everytime you hit the right ramp you light a letter on the factory...?? It seems that it works for me sometimes but not always.

It should give you a letter any time you're not in a factory mode. Once you've spelled wonka and the whole time you're in the mode, you won't earn any more.

#4837 4 years ago

What's the difference between hitting the factory ramp vs. the factory stand up target? I haven't noticed any difference.

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

What's the difference between hitting the factory ramp vs. the factory stand up target? I haven't noticed any difference.

If you go over the “factory” rollover in the left inlane when it’s lit, then hit the factory stand-up target, it will spot the rest of the W-O-N-K-A letters on the tower for you, whereas the ramp will always give 1 letter everytime it’s hit. I think that’s the only difference between the two. Well, the ramp is also safer haha..

#4839 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

In case anyone cares or comes across the same issue, all problems were due to a faulty opto board. I got a replacement sent to me by a local distributor and all is good in the Wonka factory again.

Did you have any issue with the switch getting stuck after you hit it?

#4840 4 years ago

Received my replacement playfield yesterday. it’s a beautiful thing. Nice job my distributor getting this done.

920AAF70-ED49-4069-BE35-095E55EA35BD (resized).jpeg920AAF70-ED49-4069-BE35-095E55EA35BD (resized).jpegBABE62C1-8EAB-487D-A04C-345495067CDD (resized).jpegBABE62C1-8EAB-487D-A04C-345495067CDD (resized).jpegD39C7C76-2D90-4F1F-B3A7-B74E26E642D4 (resized).jpegD39C7C76-2D90-4F1F-B3A7-B74E26E642D4 (resized).jpegEB00922F-C5A6-4D9D-BB84-DF7ED9AAB038 (resized).jpegEB00922F-C5A6-4D9D-BB84-DF7ED9AAB038 (resized).jpeg
#4841 4 years ago

Wife and I are putting up a Wonka CE stream shortly (around 4:40 CST)

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

#4842 4 years ago

Does anyone have the Wonkavator mod from Lermods? If so, is the motor that spins the top ridiculously loud? Mine is, even with the glass on. The high pitched whine is all I can hear during attract mode. It's such a cool mod, but the noise of motor is really killing it for me. I'm hoping that maybe I got a bad egg [see what I did there?] If need be, I'll record a video of it.

Thanks!

#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Does anyone have the Wonkavator mod from Lermods? If so, is the motor that spins the top ridiculously loud? Mine is, even with the glass on. The high pitched whine is all I can hear during attract mode. It's such a cool mod, but the noise of motor is really killing it for me. I'm hoping that maybe I got a bad egg [see what I did there?] If need be, I'll record a video of it.
Thanks!

I would contact Rob at Lermods and get his opinion.To answer question mine did not seem to be as loud as your describing

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I would contact Rob at Lermods and get his opinion.To answer question mine did not seem to be as loud as your describing

Thanks. Yeah, I just watched the youtube video of the Wonkavator on their website and mine is substantially louder. I'll email them. Thanks again!

#4845 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Thanks. Yeah, I just watched the youtube video of the Wonkavator on their website and mine is substantially louder. I'll email them. Thanks again!

You may have a faulty motor. We saw this one other time and replaced the motor for the customer. I reached out to you via email.

#4846 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You may have a faulty motor. We saw this one other time and replaced the motor for the customer. I reached out to you via email.

Thanks for your quick response, Rob! I just responded.

#4847 4 years ago

Now that is great customer service from Rob at LERMODS.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That was me thanks for replacing it and your great customer support!

#4849 4 years ago

I decided to check my audits becuase that Left Outlane was destroying me over the weekend. This is out of 71 games (played around with codes recently).

Unbelievable!

20200403_235119 (resized).jpg20200403_235119 (resized).jpg
#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I decided to check my audits becuase that Left Outlane was destroying me over the weekend. This is out of 71 games (played around with codes recently).
Unbelievable![quoted image]

That was my initial impression too, early on. It changes over time as your nudge skills improve. Also, try and keep kickback lit as much as possible. When the ball exists the left TV lane it passes the gum targets - a quick nudge to the left can bang those targets into the ball and light them for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/97?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.