IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 278.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There's a captive screw already in that hole. Just find the right allen wrench for it. It slipped down because it wasn't tight enough from the factory, I assume. There are two of them, I tightened both.

Gotcha, thanks.

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I got that. In my case, the gear in the Gobstopper mech slid down. It was easy to remove, correct, and tighten.[quoted image]

I’ll take a look but in text I can rotate my gobstopper hole. Then. I don’t understand all the weird switch errors

#4753 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I’ll take a look but in text I can rotate my gobstopper hole. Then. I don’t understand all the weird switch errors

Huh ok. If it's rotating in test, it's not that gear. Maybe a harness loose somewhere?

#4754 4 years ago

My gobstopper microswitch is driving me insane. As you can see in the picture the switch gets stuck when the Gobstopper gets hit. I tried adjusting the switch itself but every other game the switch gets stuck like the picture... anyone have any tips?

IMG_5707 (resized).JPGIMG_5707 (resized).JPG
#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

My gobstopper microswitch is driving me insane. As you can see in the picture the switch gets stuck when the Gobstopper gets hit. I tried adjusting the switch itself but every other game the switch gets stuck like the picture... anyone have any tips?[quoted image]

I had this exact problem. For me, the switch was too "loose" at the base, allowing it to flop around and pop up over the actuator as pictured.
I requested and received a replacement switch, but haven't installed it yet due to a successful workaround.

I took a tiny piece of e-tape, folded it, and poked it into the switch base using a small flathead screwdriver. This gave the switch arm enough stability to remain where it is supposed to. It has not failed again since, but I'm ready to install the replacement when it does.

Hope this helps.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

My gobstopper microswitch is driving me insane. As you can see in the picture the switch gets stuck when the Gobstopper gets hit. I tried adjusting the switch itself but every other game the switch gets stuck like the picture... anyone have any tips?[quoted image]

I had the same issue on mine. I eventually fixed it by bending the roller end of the switch downward a small bit (done while holding the switch closed... Tight fit if your fingers are large). I was a pinball fixing noob, so I bent in very small increments to avoid real damage. It took me a few tries, but it's been good for months now.

Good luck!

#4757 4 years ago

You jammed it in between the switch? so it doesnt move? Was the switch moving up and down or side to side?

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

You jammed it in between the switch? so it doesnt move? Was the stich moving up and down or side to side?

The switch arm had too much wobble and flap to it.

This is not the same switch, but close - here's where I jammed the tape. After you do that, apply careful bends to the roller side of the arm until the sensitivity is where you want it.

13119-02 (resized).jpg13119-02 (resized).jpg
#4759 4 years ago

Ok thanks, now I get it.

#4760 4 years ago

That did it. Thanks guys.

#4761 4 years ago

Just placed my order for a Wonka LE today. This will be my first pinball ever and I'm very excited. The theme and gameplay are like peanut butter and jelly to me. I love it. Really looking forward to it. Unsurprisingly, this is almost my first post on this forum.

Added over 4 years ago:

Correction: That IS my first post.

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Just placed my order for a Wonka LE today. This will be my first pinball ever and I'm very excited. The theme and gameplay are like peanut butter and jelly to me. I love it. Really looking forward to it. Unsurprisingly, this is almost my first post on this forum.

Congratulations you will love it!

#4763 4 years ago

Just popped in to mention how much I still play this pin after 6+,months of ownership and absolutely love love love it. Wonka le and di le are just amazing pins that shoot so well and flow awesome with not to confuseing of a ruleset. Definitely keepers for the long haul and can't wait to see what toy story offers. Thats all...now back to playing...

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

That IS my first post.

Welcome my friend !

LTG : )

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just popped in to mention how much I still play this pin after 6+,months of ownership and absolutely love love love it. Wonka le and di le are just amazing pins that shoot so well and flow awesome with not to confuseing of a ruleset. Definitely keepers for the long haul and can't wait to see what toy story offers. Thats all...now back to playing...

Right? It keeps us coming back every single day.

#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Just placed my order for a Wonka LE today. This will be my first pinball ever and I'm very excited.

Also my first pin, and I have been really happy with the purchase. Two features that I wasn't expecting to love, but do: the shaker and the coindoor volume adjustment. Have fun!

#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Right? It keeps us coming back every single day.

Every. Single. Day. GREAT game!

#4768 4 years ago

Welcome... Hope you love the hobby as much as we do.

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Congratulations you will love it!

Quoted from LTG:

Welcome my friend !
LTG : )

Quoted from HarryReimer:

Welcome... Hope you love the hobby as much as we do.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm SUPER excited to get this pin. I've been an avid arcade game collector since 2004, but never owned a pin. My girlfriend has 3 pins (TZ, LOTR and TFTC - all pins I love and have helped her repair & mod). When I moved into my apartment, I knew that I could only fit one pin in my place and reserved that space. Since I could only fit one pin, I wanted to splurge and get a NIB pin. Up to that point, I was set on Houdini...and then Wonka was announced. The theme had me, but I wasn't sold until I could play it, hoping like crazy that it was a fun pin to play. To my delight it surpassed my expectations. So much that I've already got all of the mods I wanted in preparation LOL.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm stoked.

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm SUPER excited to get this pin. I've been an avid arcade game collector since 2004, but never owned a pin. My girlfriend has 3 pins (TZ, LOTR and TFTC - all pins I love and have helped her repair & mod). When I moved into my apartment, I knew that I could only fit one pin in my place and reserved that space. Since I could only fit one pin, I wanted to splurge and get a NIB pin. Up to that point, I was set on Houdini...and then Wonka was announced. The theme had me, but I wasn't sold until I could play it, hoping like crazy that it was a fun pin to play. To my delight it surpassed my expectations. So much that I've already got all of the mods I wanted in preparation LOL.

Thank goodness ..u dodged a bullet with Houdini lol. A friend had a huo one for really cheap so I gave it a try... it just didn't play real great even after tons of tweaks it just fell flat. Wonka is so much better than it and most pins for that matter so great choice . It will do well as a one pin collection. Its basically all I've played in 7 months and I have some awesome pins imo.

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

You chose well with Wonka. It is one of the best shooting and most entertaining games ever, and if you love the theme it is also an excellent conversation piece in your home. Make sure you leave the attract mode callouts on. I still crack up sometimes at the random shouts.

"Please, I beg you!"

#4772 4 years ago

Come social distance with me on Wonka CE:

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

#4773 4 years ago

Fyiz the shorter barrel spring fixed my issue with the Gobstopper shooter rod. It still sits slightly off center and it's definitely because of that ground wire behind it. I could get it straight but that means the shooter housing outside wouldn't be lined up with the decal box for it. I'm thinking it's a non issue since it still shoots good now even though it's not hitting exactly dead center on the ball...

#4774 4 years ago

Wow what shit fest!Just got back from store this shit is freaking me out.Turned on the Wonka and 40 minutes later I feel better!

#4775 4 years ago

I'm just getting my wonka broken in and wanted to know how people generally play. My kids think its too complicated and although I dont really agree there is certainly a lot to shoot for.

How do YOU play? Collect bars and then stumble across multis? Go for multis and stumble across bars & kids? Something else? Thanks!

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm just getting my wonka broken in and wanted to know how people generally play. My kids think its too complicated and although I dont really agree there is certainly a lot to shoot for.
How do YOU play? Collect bars and then stumble across multis? Go for multis and stumble across bars & kids? Something else? Thanks!

I usually shoot for Wonka bars,and captive ball to build up points.If you want to start multiball shoot gobstopper hole 3 times and go.Another easy multiball is to start kid with 1 or up to 5.

#4777 4 years ago

I go for starting modes. I'll start with the basic skill shot to the saucer, which will make progress on one of three modes. If I'm feeling dialed in, I'll go for the super skill shot which will make progress on all three types of modes. Then I'll go for the Factory ramp to build up WONKA letters and captive ball to build up that mode. I try to get one of the kid modes from the Factory ramp and will hit it extra times to get them. I usually get a captive ball mystery award here too. Usually in the process of doing that, I'll hit the GUM targets enough to qualify Verruca. That will activate the diverter off the Gobstopper ramp and allow me to build up a couple loops for SuperX and spinners for Augustus. Then I'll start all 3 modes at the saucer. I'm trying for Golden Egg Room, Slugworth Multiball, and 3-4X. That's my favorite combo in the beginning. Later in the game, getting Fizzy Lifting Drink Room, Super Spinner, and 5x together is super lucrative. I had it up to 30K per spin yesterday, it was awesome. Usually, later in the game you have Super Lock lit, so shooting the spinner is much safer. Playing like this, I can usually get 2 tickets; candy jar and factory. If I'm really on my game, I can get the kid multiball ticket too.

This is all in an ideal scenario. Realistically, I'm starting 2 modes at once and just trying to avoid the pops. I'll get Gobstopper Multiball going if I can, but I prefer Kid Multiball as it has a longer ball save and I can actually get the kid golden ticket. Getting 5 supers in Gobstopper Multiball feels impossible to me. This is also not a great tournament strategy. This is what I use for playing at home. In a tournament, I would go for Super Spinner and Gobstopper Multiball all day.

#4778 4 years ago

I've had the game for months and just recently tried lowering the difficulty. Try extremely easy or easy, it allows you to access a lot of the modes more frequently/more multiballs and easier jackpots. I like a challenging machine, but have to admit that I've been enjoying my Wonka a lot more after lowering the default difficult a bit.

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

I've had the game for months and just recently tried lowering the difficulty. Try extremely easy or easy, it allows you to access a lot of the modes more frequently/more multiballs and easier jackpots. I like a challenging machine, but have to admit that I've been enjoying my Wonka a lot more after lowering the default difficult a bit.

On top of that, move the outlane post down as far as they will go and extra post at the highest spot.

This is very similar to settings on a video game. I'll change the settings to make the game easier so I can actually enjoy it! Once I get better, I'll bump the difficulty up. That's the beauty of owning a game!

#4780 4 years ago

I like the multi balls to be harder (I've gotten 3 going at once) and the modes easier. I am still trying to figure out how to get modes, tours going...I think it revolves around hitting the tv camera when they are ready?

#4781 4 years ago

I like the multi balls to be harder (I've gotten 3 going at once) and the modes easier. I am still trying to figure out how to get modes, tours going...I think it revolves around hitting the tv camera when they are ready?

Blue Modes (factory tour) - Hit the factory ramp until WONKA is spelled. Repeat to cycle to the one you want.
Purple Modes (SuperX) - Hit left orbit or right spinner orbit (purple arrows) until qualified. Repeat to cycle to the one you want.
Orange Modes (captive ball) - Hit captive ball until qualified. Repeat to cycle to the one you want.

Saucer shot starts all qualified modes. To get your 12 modes quickest, try and qualify all 3 before doing it. Try not to "waste" modes, for example avoid 5x unless you can start a multiball. Avoid "Collect Bonus" unless you have a lot of bars and bonus multipliers.

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Blue Modes (factory tour) - Hit the factory ramp until WONKA is spelled. Repeat to cycle to the one you want.
Purple Modes (SuperX) - Hit left orbit or right spinner orbit (purple arrows) until qualified. Repeat to cycle to the one you want.
Orange Modes (captive ball) - Hit captive ball until qualified. Repeat to cycle to the one you want.
Saucer shot starts all qualified modes. To get your 12 modes quickest, try and qualify all 3 before doing it. Try not to "waste" modes, for example avoid 5x unless you can start a multiball. Avoid "Collect Bonus" unless you have a lot of bars and bonus multipliers.

Thanks!

Man...Not sure I can explain that to my 10 year old...Maybe just need to say 'collect the most wonka bars!'

#4783 4 years ago

Got a call from the distributor today. My Wonka LE is supposed to be delivered Saturday morning. Perfect timing, considering the COVID19.

#4784 4 years ago

I got mine in July and left it normal until about a month ago. I'll set it back and restore original scores at some point, but for now I am really enjoying hitting some of the harder modes like most secret machine and wonka's office. I thought at one point my gobstopper hole was malfunctioning because it was staying open. I went to troubleshoot and finally realized it is part of the easiest setting.... doh!

#4785 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Tilt graphics side blades?

I am surprised to see they dont have the bolt holes cut out on them. Was really trying to avoid taking those out as they are a PITA and last time I took it out, it was chipping up the wood right around the bolt hole. Granted, the chips get covered by the bolts..

THoughts?

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone installed the Tilt graphics side blades?
I am surprised to see they dont have the bolt holes cut out on them. Was really trying to avoid taking those out as they are a PITA and last time I took it out, it was chipping up the wood right around the bolt hole. Granted, the chips get covered by the bolts..
THoughts?

I had the same issue taking one of the bolts out to install my mirror blades. The holes on it were designed so that the hinge bolt helps hold it in place. Good idea overall, but made for a frustrating install.

#4787 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I had the same issue taking one of the bolts out to install my mirror blades. The holes on it were designed so that the hinge bolt helps hold it in place. Good idea overall, but made for a frustrating install.

Glad at least it wasnt just me. Getting that bolt out and then back in was not fun. Had to use a rubber mallet to help get it back in.

#4788 4 years ago

This would be a most excellent time for a code update for Wonka!

#4789 4 years ago

Ok, so im at the point where I need to learn how to score better. My high score is just over 3mm, but that was only 1 time.

After you completed the wonka smoke stack, what should you do then?

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This would be a most excellent time for a code update for Wonka!

What else does it need? JJP already told me that the topper cannot be made dimmable with code, so what else is there??

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, so im at the point where I need to learn how to score better. My high score is just over 3mm, but that was only 1 time.
After you completed the wonka smoke stack, what should you do then?

Shoot the saucer to start the mode. Also try to complete left orbit/spinner shots (aka loops) to qualify purple superX, and captive ball hits to qualify orange modes. Best case you get all 3 before hitting the saucer to knock out golden ticket progress 3 at a time.

Try to be mindful of which modes you start. You don't want "collect bonus" until you have a lot of bars and a lot of bonusX, for example. And ideally, you combine that with a SuperX mode also. Just one example, there are strategies for all the modes.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Shoot the saucer to start the mode. Also try to complete left orbit/spinner shots (aka loops) to qualify purple superX, and captive ball hits to qualify orange modes. Best case you get all 3 before hitting the saucer to knock out golden ticket progress 3 at a time.
Try to be mindful of which modes you start. You don't want "collect bonus" until you have a lot of bars and a lot of bonusX, for example. And ideally, you combine that with a SuperX mode also. Just one example, there are strategies for all the modes.

Thanks. Just seems like there is so much going on I never know what ive done and whats going on haha.

So I am assuming that collecting bonus is the saucer shot?

#4793 4 years ago

So how is everyone liking Wonka so far? I havent gotten a chance to play it yet but the theme is great!

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks. Just seems like there is so much going on I never know what ive done and whats going on haha.
So I am assuming that collecting bonus is the saucer shot?

It is one of the 4 orange captive ball modes. So as you hit the captive ball, check which mode is qualified - if it's not time for Collect Bonus yet, hit it again to cycle to something else.

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is one of the 4 orange captive ball modes. So as you hit the captive ball, check which mode is qualified - if it's not time for Collect Bonus yet, hit it again to cycle to something else.

Ok gotcha.

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

So how is everyone liking Wonka so far? I havent gotten a chance to play it yet but the theme is great!

I would imagine that most people on this thread would say its great! Im not very good at it but I cannot stop playing it hahaha.

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

excellent game. No disappointment here.

EDIT: ....IF you get the luxury to play one that is set up fair, and balanced. 6.5-7 degree tilt with the left outlane post installed.

I played an SE on location at a place that was getting ready to host a tournament, and the table was at a 9 degree tilt with no left post installed. NOT a fun experience to the average player. ate my $$$ in a few minutes.

#4798 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

excellent game. No disappointment here.
EDIT: ....IF you get the luxury to play one that is set up fair, and balanced. 6.5-7 degree tilt with the left outlane post installed.
I played an SE on location at a place that was getting ready to host a tournament, and the table was at a 9 degree tilt with no left post installed. NOT a fun experience to the average player. ate my $$$ in a few minutes.

That's a heavy tilt! I don't play with the left post installed but that combo would be brutal! haha

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I don't play with the left post installed

I had mine out for a while, but due to the fact that the pop bumpers fire a SDTM 1 of every 3 balls, I installed it. Definitely balanced the game out more

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I had mine out for a while, but due to the fact that the pop bumpers fire a SDTM 1 of every 3 balls, I installed it. Definitely balanced the game out more

Ive debated. Im very stern on not changing the game from the way the factory settings are.. but last night I gave it a good run and man, I was literally saying to myself, "I cant wait to check these audits because 85% of drains must come from the left". And then one fired right down the middle and I needed to step away lol hahahah

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (OBO)
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/96?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.