IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 280.
#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Had similar issues with my ball trough boards. The solder touch up did not work.
JJP sent me both trough board replacements and the game is fine now.
Best part ....the amazing LTG even called to check up on me. I was honored!

Same here. Had the new boards in under a week. No complaints with the JJP team.

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best decal so far !!

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you share the image so others can print it? What kind of paper did you print it on?

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

So it finally happened. After 1 month of having my very first pinball machine it stops booting into the game.
This is what happens...
- I turn the power on.
- Comes to JJP splash screen and the screen is backlit
- After 5 seconds the screen is no longer backlit
- Then it says No Signal
Here is a video on what happens - pardon the bad phone quality

This happens every once in a while. So I would turn it off and turn it back on again and it would boot into the game. Now it won't boot to the game anymore.
Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Check your hdmi. I’ve had it shake out a couple of times now and have taped that sucker down now.

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

After a really long time, I've finally broken through the wall on this game!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/560427921[quoted image]

Great showing, you`ve really improved.
Congrats.

Now stop playing panic pinball every time you get a multiball and you will crush it.
Then we will see you on future papa tourneys

#4656 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Can you share the image so others can print it? What kind of paper did you print it on?

I printed on plain paper and then laminated.
The image comes from the Internet and is protected by copyright so that it cannot be passed on.
Unfortunately I don't know the source anymore because I had saved the picture a long time ago.
However, there are innumerable candy pictures on the net

#4657 4 years ago

Has anyone purchased the Mushroom Field from Lermods? Curious how this looks and fits in person?

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone purchased the Mushroom Field from Lermods? Curious how this looks and fits in person?

I bought the ones that cover the spot lights in the pops and Gobstopper area. They look good and cover the light leaks in those spot light "things" that would shine in your eyes. I tried electrical tape to cover the leaks, but these worked too and look better. Those spots need a design tweak if they are going to put them in the next game ... in my opinion. I didn't buy the rest of the mushrooms.

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I bought the ones that cover the spot lights in the pops and Gobstopper area. They look good and cover the light leaks in those spot light "things" that would shine in your eyes. I tried electrical tape to cover the leaks, but these worked too and look better. Those spots need a design tweak if they are going to put them in the next game ... in my opinion. I didn't buy the rest of the mushrooms.

I bought some of the individual mushroom clusters and they look very good. Havent put them on the game yet.

I am specifically speaking of this mod: https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mushroom-spotlight-covers

EDIT - just realized the mushroom clusters I bought were from Modfather.

#4660 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I wish someone would make something for the large area of plastic on an SE where the Wonkavator would be

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I wish someone would make something for the large area of plastic on an SE where the Wonkavator would be

Here you go... But damn, they chose the ugliest color of green.

ebay.com link: Willy Wonka The Chocolate pinball mod Jersey Jack jjp stern Williams tilt

#4662 4 years ago

I have one. I like the way it covers the large plastic "shield" by the factory ball lock. It compliments the game nicely but it may look a bit "hokie" to some. I also have the mushroom spot light covers and they go together well with the mushroom field mod. Simple to install as the field comes with some adhesive gel. Come to think of it, I think I have all of the WONKA mods...just too much fun.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have one. I like the way it covers the large plastic "shield" by the factory ball lock. It compliments the game nicely but it may look a bit "hokie" to some. I also have the mushroom spot light covers and they go together well with the mushroom field mod. Simple to install as the field comes with some adhesive gel. Come to think of it, I think I have all of the WONKA mods...just too much fun.

Thanks for that! It looks a little barren to me but seems easy to add to it if needed.

Is it cut nicely around the edges?

#4664 4 years ago

Few mushrooms and other mods.. 1fb3b88a698a3858a56419ec91c3e271b57b05c9 (resized).jpg1fb3b88a698a3858a56419ec91c3e271b57b05c9 (resized).jpg

#4665 4 years ago

It's fine as long as you don't make the mistake of assuming it is "peel and stick' and try to pull back the felt from its' backing like I stupidly did. It is a relatively inexpensive mod and does add to the game's overall appearance.

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Best part ....the amazing LTG even called to check up on me. I was honored!

The man is simply awesome!!

#4667 4 years ago

I noticed on my PF that there were a few small bumps. You could see it if the lights hit them right. I tracked it down to a handful of screws (they connect the underplayfield subway ramp to the PF). I loosened them a bit hoping the bumps would go down. They haven’t.

Anyone else notice this? Should I be concerned?

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Just checked my playfield from the gobstopper to the VUK and didn't see anything like this. Not experienced enough to say whether it is worrisome. (Doubt it though.)

#4669 4 years ago

I noticed on my PF that there were a few small bumps. You could see it if the lights hit them right. I tracked it down to a handful of screws (they connect the underplayfield subway ramp to the PF). I loosened them a bit hoping the bumps would go down. They haven’t.

Mine has this. They probably used the wrong screws on stuff under the PF. My game has an incorrect return spring on the lower RH flipper. Bought it brand new.

#4670 4 years ago

I have this also but never felt it was anything of concern and doesnt affect the ball travel.

#4671 4 years ago

5 days with machine at home and the captive ball shot is more difficult than at my favorite location. Same pitch. Hardest shot in game by far. Does this shot "loosen up" somehow over time? Adjustments?

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

5 days with machine at home and the captive ball shot is more difficult than at my favorite location. Same pitch. Hardest shot in game by far. Does this shot "loosen up" somehow over time? Adjustments?

Are you hitting it flush and it doesn’t register?That shot is doable from left or right flipper and should move easily

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

When you say loosen up, do you mean you need to hit the captive ball extra hard to make it move?

I had an issue shortly after getting my game where there was a small piece of the packing foam that kept captive ball - well actually the newton ball - from moving freely. You might check around that area to see if you have something similar.

#4674 4 years ago

LE #617 installed and working great.

One thing I noticed, when the game is booting up there is a loud audio crack (scared the crap out of me the first time). Sounds like the speakers come on before the audio board comes on and is REALLY loud. My volume is set super low.

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

LE #617 installed and working great.
One thing I noticed, when the game is booting up there is a loud audio crack (scared the crap out of me the first time). Sounds like the speakers come on before the audio board comes on and is REALLY loud. My volume is set super low.

This is normal for this title

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I too find the captive ball shot very hard from the left flipper. When I backhand from the right it normally registers.

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Most standup targets in pins these days have a block of foam between the target and the backing plate of the switch assembly. The one that the captive ball hits at the back of the lane is NOT supposed to have that foam. Make sure that's the case. If there's foam there, remove it.

#4678 4 years ago

Thanks @frobozz. Foam does seem to be the issue. Really OK to remove it? I can't forsee a problem as i could always replace it. Having the shot register maybe 20% of the time is kind of a fun killer.

20200304_163326 (resized).jpg20200304_163326 (resized).jpg
#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you hitting it flush and it doesn’t register?That shot is doable from left or right flipper and should move easily

Also from upper right flipper

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is normal for this title

And all jjp pins

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

And all jjp pins

My Dialed In is hardly noticeable
The Wonka is scary

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My Dialed In is hardly noticeable
The Wonka is scary

Yea they vary but I've owned them.all and they all do it... my potc is the worst

#4683 4 years ago

Haha, I removed the foam and now hit the captive ball shot with left and right flipper easily. Even the upper right flipper shot is pretty easy. Just curious, do you think that foam was a minor mistake in production? Or maybe all machines have it and it wears down quickly, making the shot bearable. The foam seemed pretty dense and sturdy. Thanks so much for the tip Frobozz!

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Haha, I removed the foam and now hit the captive ball shot with left and right flipper easily. Even the upper right flipper shot is pretty easy. Just curious, do you think that foam was a minor mistake in production? Or maybe all machines have it and it wears down quickly, making the shot bearable. The foam seemed pretty dense and sturdy. Thanks so much for the tip Frobozz!

Maybe it´s just part of securing during transport?

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Most standup targets in pins these days have a block of foam between the target and the backing plate of the switch assembly. The one that the captive ball hits at the back of the lane is NOT supposed to have that foam. Make sure that's the case. If there's foam there, remove it.

Great, now I gotta go lift the playfield and see if I have this issue. I have noticed that I seem to have to smack the crap out of this to register the shot at times.

I also hate when the ball sometimes briefly "hangs" on the other when struck (probably due to the magnet that holds the captive ball in place?) and then releases... straight down the middle.

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Great, now I gotta go lift the playfield and see if I have this issue. I have noticed that I seem to have to smack the crap out of this to register the shot at times.
I also hate when the ball sometimes briefly "hangs" on the other when struck (probably due to the magnet that holds the captive ball in place?) and then releases... straight down the middle.

My Wonka has never done this,maybe it’s a magnet problem?

#4687 4 years ago

I think you just have to adjust the switches a little closer. Removing the foam completely can cause air balls and broken switches. At least from my experience.

What say you LTG?

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

It's just too easy a mistake to make on the assembly line - when pretty much all standups have foam, but that one doesn't. In answer to another poster's point: yes, foam reduces airballs, broken switch leaves, etc. where a game ball can directly smack them...thus why it's used. But in this position in the game, the ball that hits it isn't moving as fast, can't launch into the air, etc. And because it isn't moving as fast, it can't always close the switch if the foam is there.

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I think you just have to adjust the switches a little closer. Removing the foam completely can cause air balls and broken switches. At least from my experience.

What say you LTG?

Broken switches and air balls. Remove the foam and expect a lot more of each.

LTG : )

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broken switches and air balls. Remove the foam and expect a lot more of each.
LTG : )

I would imagine there is an easy way to tweak the switches to register more easily vs. removing the foam..

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would imagine there is an easy way to tweak the switches to register more easily vs. removing the foam..

Nobody is suggesting removing foam on any switches other than the one at the back of the Wonka captive ball lane, which is spec'd to NOT HAVE FOAM. If it has foam, they grabbed the wrong standup switch at the factory.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Nobody is suggesting removing foam on any switches other than the one at the back of the Wonka captive ball lane, which is spec'd to NOT HAVE FOAM. If it has foam, they grabbed the wrong standup switch at the factory.

Oh, seemed like Lloyd wasnt agreeing..

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh, seemed like Lloyd wasnt agreeing..

I don’t see air balls being a problem for a captive ball.

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

My only question here is when you say it's spec'd not to have foam, where are you getting this specification from?

Jeff

#4695 4 years ago

Are you guys sure we're talking about target foam and not the shipping foam that was in that metal slot from the factory?

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

So it finally happened. After 1 month of having my very first pinball machine it stops booting into the game.
This is what happens...
- I turn the power on.
- Comes to JJP splash screen and the screen is backlit
- After 5 seconds the screen is no longer backlit
- Then it says No Signal
Here is a video on what happens - pardon the bad phone quality

This happens every once in a while. So I would turn it off and turn it back on again and it would boot into the game. Now it won't boot to the game anymore.
Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Try replacing your usb cable which connects to you mother board. It might be faulty I had the same problem with my jjp potc

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are you guys sure we're talking about target foam and not the shipping foam that was in that metal slot from the factory?

The picture in post 4678 shows the foam we're talking about. It's the normal foam for standup targets (that is not normal for this target, because it's not out in the open like a normal standup target).

#4698 4 years ago

Game is better without that foam unless you like the shot super difficult, or maybe your foam has worn out and shot has gotten easier. Have been checking in while at work to hear if people have that foam in place. Hard to see through the plastic ramp and whatnot, easier to see through playfield with playfield up.

Easy to remove--pull the target out. Would also be easy to replace. I have been paying a lot of attention to that captive ball over the last two days, and it sure doesn't look like it could damage the target or mounting anytime soon. I recommend no foam whether it be a "tweak" or a "fix." (Again, thanks frobozz)

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My only question here is when you say it's spec'd not to have foam, where are you getting this specification from?
Jeff

He would know...

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

My wonka has no foam on this target in the original.
Attention, first secure the loose ball at the top (cloth) otherwise it will fall out to the rear when the target is removed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/94?hl=rhinopins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.