IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 278.
#4601 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey thats not bad at all!

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

How do you get the pictures to show for the high scores instead of just a list? I have got it to happen with the flippers by pressing them randomly & rapidly, but I don't know if there is a setting to make it always show the pictures.

if I use my left flipper, they come up within one or two presses it seems.

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Love this!

#4604 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I really like this. I no longer have my wonka but i'll be back (had to get JJP POTC) and I would love to add this.

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I really like this. I no longer have my wonka but i'll be back (had to get JJP POTC) and I would love to add this.

Solid move on the POTC. Which Wonka will you be getting?

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Solid move on the POTC. Which Wonka will you be getting?

I think I'm going standard next. The prices they go for now are insane (6.5k for that much game - I can live without the upgrades).

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Nice job

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I'm going standard next. The prices they go for now are insane (6.5k for that much game - I can live without the upgrades).

It sure is lots game for that but I know nib ones can b had for 7200 also but I'd still get a lightly modded huo one for 6500-6800.... as fast as you go threw things standard makes most sense lol. But for long time keepers I go for huo modded le versions . You did good getting that potc bc wonka is easy to get compared to it and for much cheaper. The guy that got your wonka le seems to b very happy also.

#4609 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It sure is lots game for that but I know nib ones can b had for 7200 also but I'd still get a lightly modded huo one for 6500-6800.... as fast as you go threw things standard makes most sense lol. But for long time keepers I go for huo modded le versions . You did good getting that potc bc wonka is easy to get compared to it and for much cheaper. The guy that got your wonka le seems to b very happy also.

Well the cash he got along with my Wonka LE probably made him happy too. I wish it was a clean trade.... It was not. Worth it though.

#4610 4 years ago

Well, game delivered. I moved it inside easily before helper arrived

20200227_155927 (resized).jpg20200227_155927 (resized).jpg
#4611 4 years ago

NO WAY that I can see to get this backbox off. Can't even figure out how to take off this screen. Soooo many wires from cabinet to backbox

20200227_163457 (resized).jpg20200227_163457 (resized).jpg
#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Well, game delivered. I moved it inside easily before helper arrived[quoted image]

So glad it's going smoothly!!

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Can't even figure out how to take off this screen.

Pulls out. Magnets hold it in place along the sides.

LTG : )

#4614 4 years ago

Magnets! Thanks

#4615 4 years ago

OK, feeling encouraged. Looks like a PC now as expected.

20200227_164701 (resized).jpg20200227_164701 (resized).jpg
#4616 4 years ago

Right bundle, the more difficult of the two, taken down and labled. A black and red wire can't be disconnected, heads unto the computer enclosure... The adventure is just beginning! So long warranty

20200227_171806 (resized).jpg20200227_171806 (resized).jpg
#4617 4 years ago

OK, easily disconnected in there

20200227_172627 (resized).jpg20200227_172627 (resized).jpg
#4618 4 years ago

Disconnected! Will post tomorrow re getting this baby running

20200227_174800 (resized).jpg20200227_174800 (resized).jpg
#4619 4 years ago

Decapitated! Upstairs!

20200227_185333 (resized).jpg20200227_185333 (resized).jpg
#4620 4 years ago

Brave! haha.

I wanted to remove the playfield to put on side blades.. Took a look at what was involved and i said, no thanks! lol

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Brave! haha.
I wanted to remove the playfield to put on side blades.. Took a look at what was involved and i said, no thanks! lol

Consider mirror blades. It’s a tight fit but they can be installed without removing the playfield. You just have to remove the hinge on each side (Allen wrench and some elbow grease if one of yours is as tight as mine was). I think mirrors are a great match for this game and look better than any of the art options I’ve seen.

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Consider mirror blades. It’s a tight fit but they can be installed without removing the playfield. You just have to remove the hinge on each side (Allen wrench and some elbow grease if one of yours is as tight as mine was). I think mirrors are a great match for this game and look better than any of the art options I’ve seen.

I didn’t have to remove hinges to install mirror blades. The ones from cointaker come with a hole cut out for the hinge bolt.

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Nah, im good with those. I have them on my TWD and they are ok. I got a set of the custom ones that one pinsider was making on here. They look awesome.

#4624 4 years ago

Ordered an LE today! It will be here next week

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Brave! haha.

The umbilical cord is usually long enough to remove the playfield and set it up on saw horses right next to it. Pretty easy, but best with 2 people. The best way to install the side blades. Currently doing just that with Hobbit, and replacing rubbers, and installing some mods that I've had for a while.

20200228_191254 (resized).jpg20200228_191254 (resized).jpg
#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The umbilical cord is usually long enough to remove the playfield and set it up on saw horses right next to it. Pretty easy, but best with 2 people. The best way to install the side blades. Currently doing just that with Hobbit, and replacing rubbers, and installing some mods that I've had for a while.[quoted image]

Nice playfield trick!

#4627 4 years ago

Faced with re-attaching two umbilicals now to get machine running. Almost took out playfield yesterday to make the move upstairs easier, but would have needed to cut subwoofer wires. Odd that everthing else had a connector. Would have been an easy repair, but it didn't feel right so we just left field in for the move.

20200227_192805 (resized).jpg20200227_192805 (resized).jpg20200227_192825 (resized).jpg20200227_192825 (resized).jpg
#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The umbilical cord is usually long enough to remove the playfield and set it up on saw horses right next to it. Pretty easy, but best with 2 people. The best way to install the side blades. Currently doing just that with Hobbit, and replacing rubbers, and installing some mods that I've had for a while.[quoted image]

That's what I had to do when installing side blades on my WOZ. Had to take the playfield out myself, would have been less painful if I had another person!

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

That's what I had to do when installing side blades on my WOZ. Had to take the playfield out myself, would have been less painful if I had another person!

Damn! That had to have been awkward...and painful.

#4630 4 years ago

Success! No flaws that I have seen. Thanks JJP for a nice product.

20200228_213038 (resized).jpg20200228_213038 (resized).jpg
#4631 4 years ago

After about 50 games, started getting random extra trough ejections. Under device tests, the "trough error, all optos active" message comes and goes. Reseated all connection and problem persists. Doing some pinside research, have read the solution is to reflow the solder on the opto boards. This sound preferable to me over getting new boards from JJP, but would appreciate some advice

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

but would appreciate some advice

I'd relow the solder. Suck off old and use lead solder.

#4633 4 years ago

Thanks for quick reply. I suppose i should try just one board first. Coin toss?

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I suppose i should try just one board first.

Outside one. Less work and you might not have to remove the ball trough to get it off to work on it.

If you remove the ball trough, then I'd do both.

#4635 4 years ago

Anyone else notice the difference from the first run and the current run of Willy wonka play fields?

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Clever! Great idea, thanks!!

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Anyone else notice the difference from the first run and the current run of Willy wonka play fields?

Yes my second run Wonka se was perfect

#4638 4 years ago

So it finally happened. After 1 month of having my very first pinball machine it stops booting into the game.
This is what happens...

- I turn the power on.
- Comes to JJP splash screen and the screen is backlit
- After 5 seconds the screen is no longer backlit
- Then it says No Signal

Here is a video on what happens - pardon the bad phone quality

This happens every once in a while. So I would turn it off and turn it back on again and it would boot into the game. Now it won't boot to the game anymore.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

So it finally happened. After 1 month of having my very first pinball machine it stops booting into the game.
This is what happens...
- I turn the power on.
- Then it says No Signal

This happens every once in a while. So I would turn it off and turn it back on again and it would boot into the game. Now it won't boot to the game anymore.

I think people were saying earlier to short the cmos pins. Search the thread for LTG’s or vireland’s posts for pics and instructions.

#4640 4 years ago

For those that were interested before, Rock Custom Pinball now has the interactive under cab LED lights for Wonka. I installed and tested his first set today. They install easy. Just use hot glue on the LED strips to make sure that they stay stuck to the wood on the underside. He said that he will list them soon for everyone. Contact him if you want to be on the top of the waiting list.

#4641 4 years ago

Ok, if this fix holds, it will be one of my luckiest DIY fixes ever. Removed the outer trough opto board (transmitter,) and attempted to resolder the LEDs. I skipped the power connector because it looked solid. Couldn't really remove old solder because there is so little from the SMC technique. Also, very little metal exposed on the board. I smeared a blob of new solder on. See pic--not proud of this. So far this has worked. May have just been the reheating of the SMC solder that worked. I did completely remove one LED before resoldering. This was the one I was most worried about. Anyhow, wish me luck, and if anyone has some soldering advice, I would appreciate it. If problem recurs I will be a'soldering s'more

20200229_145903 (resized).jpg20200229_145903 (resized).jpg
#4642 4 years ago

I should also point out that this was almost certainly not a connector problem. I detached and reattached connectors multiple times, bent the prongs multiple ways, and jiggled every connector without a correlation with the trough opto error. I'll stop posting and get back to playing. I know this is simple stuff for most of you experienced tinkerers and technicians, but I'm giddy.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

This is what happens...
- I turn the power on.
- Then it says No Signal

I had something similar and pulled the monitor out and reseated the HDMI connections. Has been fine ever since

#4644 4 years ago

After a really long time, I've finally broken through the wall on this game!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/560427921

IMG_2197 (resized).jpegIMG_2197 (resized).jpeg
#4645 4 years ago

Had similar issues with my ball trough boards. The solder touch up did not work.

JJP sent me both trough board replacements and the game is fine now.

Best part ....the amazing LTG even called to check up on me. I was honored!

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/560427921[quoted image]

How many golden tix with that score? 3?

#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

How many golden tix with that score? 3?

Just 2, but my first Wonka's Office!

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just 2, but my first Wonka's Office!

Such a tough game! But addicting!

I would be open to a wizard mode option from the beginning a la JP2. I think JJP should make that an option.

#4649 4 years ago

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/560427921[quoted image]

Congratulations!But the thing is after a great score like that you ain’t happy with the 4 million scores anymore

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/93?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.