IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 278.
#4551 4 years ago

Is there a good video tutorial that shows all the modes?

#4552 4 years ago

I was thinking of a mod that would be cool.. If there were some sort of gel insert that can be added to the light below the Gobstopper ball lock of like candies and such.. Kind of like that gel insert for Metallica with the skulls on that light.

Also, anyone have any concerns that the decal on the gobstopper hole will begin to get torn up or worn with time?

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a good video tutorial that shows all the modes?

Why do you wanna see everything? Or do you mean a video going over the rules?

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:Do other people have a few loud pops from the speakers when you first turn on Wonka, before the screen starts showing the files being loaded?

Every jjp pin does this.. some louder than others

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was thinking of a mod that would be cool.. If there were some sort of gel insert that can be added to the light below the Gobstopper ball lock of like candies and such.. Kind of like that gel insert for Metallica with the skulls on that light.
Also, anyone have any concerns that the decal on the gobstopper hole will begin to get torn up or worn with time?

The met mod is just translucent paper but it is nice addition. I suppose one done right wld look neat and fill that night clear insert. Mine has the big points decal which really looks nice . The gobstopper decal is pretty robust but I'm guessing over years and years it cld wear but if so someone will make them if jjp dont.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The met mod is just translucent paper but it is nice addition. I suppose one done right wld look neat and fill that night clear insert. Mine has the big points decal which really looks nice . That decal is pretty robust but I'm guessing over years and years it cld wear but if so someone will make them if jjp dont.

Oh interesting.. I dont think mine says Big Points... But yes, same idea as metallica.. Would love to see a translucent paper that has images of candy, like what is on the backglass or similar.

And yes, the decal seems thicker but just like everything else on a pin, they wear with time.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh interesting.. I dont think mine says Big Points... But yes, same idea as metallica.. Would love to see a translucent paper that has images of candy, like what is on the backglass or similar.
And yes, the decal seems thicker but just like everything else on a pin, they wear with time.

Someone makes the big points decal... it was on prototype wonka"s.
20200220_120140 (resized).jpg20200220_120140 (resized).jpg

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]

oh gotcha... thanks.

#4559 4 years ago

Didn't Keith say BIG POINTS was removed because the insert is used for more than BIG POINTS? In other words it doesn't make sense to have BIG POINTS on the insert. That's what I recall anyway....

Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Didn't Keith say BIG POINTS was removed because the insert is used for more than BIG POINTS? In other words it doesn't make sense to have BIG POINTS on the insert. That's what I recall anyway....

Big Points is actually a random computer award mode, so it didn't match the rules.

#4561 4 years ago

No idea but looks better than empty insert lol.. was on my pin when I bought it. I suppose if someone comes out with something else I wld change it.

#4562 4 years ago

This is that metallica mod with the skulls. Id love to see this for Wonka but with candies similar to what is on the back box..

https://pinballpro.net/shop/metallica-pinball-coffin-insert/

#4563 4 years ago

Also, does anyone know if there are controls on the wonkavision tv? I always like to tweak the brightness and contract if possible. Havent looked.. just popped into my head.

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why do you wanna see everything? Or do you mean a video going over the rules?

rules. I used to watch bowen PAPA vids before getting williams pins....

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

rules. I used to watch bowen PAPA vids before getting williams pins....

There are some streams on YouTube explaining the rules I believe...I'll try find some

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, does anyone know if there are controls on the wonkavision tv? I always like to tweak the brightness and contract if possible. Havent looked.. just popped into my head.

Some dialed in came with a controller that plugged in to the screen to ajust. I'm guessing there is one for this one also.. maybe jjp sells it ? I'd try contacting them to see.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is that metallica mod with the skulls. Id love to see this for Wonka but with candies similar to what is on the back box..
https://pinballpro.net/shop/metallica-pinball-coffin-insert/

I have this on my met... maybe same guy who makes it can come up with something .

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some dialed in came with a controller that plugged in to the screen to ajust. I'm guessing there is one for this one also.. maybe jjp sells it ? I'd try contacting them to see.

Its not that big of a deal. I just like to mess with stuff. Thanks!

#4569 4 years ago

I have a Wonka SE and I installed the headphone adapter. It works, however since I installed it. The game now turns on, then off, the on again and boots fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a video.

#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I have a Wonka SE and I installed the headphone adapter. It works, however since I installed it. The game now turns on, then off, the on again and boots fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Here is a video.

No idea what's going on there but
I'd unhook it till u figure it out.... these games don't like to be turned on/ off consecutively like that and it can cause other issues.

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Here is a video.

Mine does the same thing, I think it’s normal.

#4572 4 years ago

I thought I was crazy don’t recall it happening...But I could just be aware looking for an issue after adding something new. disconnected the headphone kit and it still does it.

#4573 4 years ago

How do you get the pictures to show for the high scores instead of just a list? I have got it to happen with the flippers by pressing them randomly & rapidly, but I don't know if there is a setting to make it always show the pictures.

#4574 4 years ago

getting mine Sunday if anyone has any uninstalled mods to sell

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

How do you get the pictures to show for the high scores instead of just a list? I have got it to happen with the flippers by pressing them randomly & rapidly, but I don't know if there is a setting to make it always show the pictures.

They show up about every 6th rotation of the attract mode. They may have moved it sooner in the rotation (1st or 2nd attract mode repeat) recently in newer code. Then you have to wait a while for it to show up again.

#4576 4 years ago

Anyone have suggestions on best way to remove the protective film from the cabinet decals? I haven’t tried yet but seems like it will get stuck around volume control, coin door etc? Thanks

#4577 4 years ago

I reached wonka's office again and failed this time and a video clip with audio played from one of the best scenes of the movie (you get nothing!). It was so great. Shame there aren't more BUT I'm happy to see that one in there. Makes it easier after bricking!

I'm also noticing a lot more call outs in the newest code. Again wish the video was there too but they did a good job capturing some of the best lines.

#4578 4 years ago

I got better clarification from Joe on the golden ticket related to the factory modes (second golden ticket insert from left to right). You need to light all 12 of the center inserts for that ticket - all 4 super x, all 4 captive ball awards (slugworth, 2x Wonka bars, super spinner, collect bonus), and all factory modes. So all of the orange, purple, and blue framed inserts in the center of the playfield. I had completed all of the blue factory modes, they then turned off, and I lit 2 of them again and got a ticket - might have made up for some other inserts I didn't light.

Anyway … before a few people were not clear on this … now I am too.

20200222_141940 (resized).jpg20200222_141940 (resized).jpg
#4579 4 years ago

Hey folks. Posted this on the Jersey Jack Pinball Fans FB group, but thought I’d share here. I added in led lights for the back glass and back play field of my SE. I love how great it looks compared to being dark.

064B54AE-17D2-4010-A992-D4A103CC0FF2 (resized).jpeg064B54AE-17D2-4010-A992-D4A103CC0FF2 (resized).jpegBEAE73D3-F8EE-4630-9F4F-073706C50703 (resized).jpegBEAE73D3-F8EE-4630-9F4F-073706C50703 (resized).jpeg
#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Hey folks. Posted this on the Jersey Jack Pinball Fans FB group, but thought I’d share here. I added in led lights for the back glass and back play field of my SE. I love how great it looks compared to being dark.[quoted image][quoted image]

looks great how’d you connect?

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

looks great how’d you connect?

Thanks! There is a 12v molex on the left side.

E58E85BC-4220-407B-8750-22C5BE3A3BAF (resized).jpegE58E85BC-4220-407B-8750-22C5BE3A3BAF (resized).jpeg
#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Thanks! There is a 12v molex on the left side.[quoted image]

Can you take a shot of the whole set up? Did you just get it off Amazon and it was plug and play or did you have to connect the Molex to it etc.? Thanks

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Can you take a shot of the whole set up? Did you just get it off Amazon and it was plug and play or did you have to connect the Molex to it etc.? Thanks

Bought the led strip from amazon and the two connector 0.093 molex pins. Soldered on some two wire to the LED strip and ran that to the molex. Built a substructure out of folder paper and glued it on. Then ran the led strip (tape backing) all around and connected the molex to the 12v on the left side.

9A8B142B-23FA-4637-9044-C9C190534924 (resized).jpeg9A8B142B-23FA-4637-9044-C9C190534924 (resized).jpegD4375AAB-739F-4DC1-B4DF-164D18FA6C89 (resized).jpegD4375AAB-739F-4DC1-B4DF-164D18FA6C89 (resized).jpeg
#4584 4 years ago

I added a plate sub-woofer amplifier to my LE today (Dayton Audio SA70 from Parts-Express). Super easy install... I just de-soldered the leads from the sub and connected those to the speaker inputs of the plate amp, and connected the output spade connectors from the plate amp directly to the sub. The plate amp has an "auto" setting for power, so I just plugged it into the AC service outlet. I am still tinkering with the gain & frequency controls, but so far I am pleased with the results. I may replace the sub with a better one, not sure yet. I am a little concerned about the audio "pop" on power-up/shutdown and may get one of those mods that gets rid of it.

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

No doubt about it. I was originally in on a CE but it became harder to justify the added cost, especially after the topper for the CE was changed. I bought the LE and I also bought the recently released JJP topper for it and I am really glad I did. I believe the Topper is the one that was originally intended for the CE and it works and compliments the LE perfectly. The LE's game play is great and I like that I won't have to look back and say I should/could had the Wonkavator, the Invisglass, the shaker, the blue powder coated trim, etc. Any version of WONKA will be a solid choice but I don't think you will have any regrets if you go for the LE (SE missing features, CE a bit over priced). Full disclosure; I am a confirmed buyer of JJP LE's (no DI though) as you can see in my pictures but I also have Sterns, CGC's, and AP games so I do 'play the field'. They are all good but some are a bit better. Good luck in making your decision.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love your lineup!!!

#4586 4 years ago

nyone got a usb with the latest code on it? I can pay for shipping and send back to you once its updated!
Thx guys!!

#4587 4 years ago

Interesting thing that happened to my Wonka yesterday....when you start a new game, with the ball in the shooter lane, the player could flip the RH flipper button and points would register. No idea where this was coming from. I managed to trace it to the upper RH flipper only. Using the switch matrix, I traced the problem to the Factory ramp Upper opto ramp enter. After I re-seated the plugs on the lower opto board (picture) It went away. It was intermittent, not every flip. All I could figure was the shock/impact of the flipper actuation was shaking a loose plug.

Anyone else have a problem like this??? Played for 3 hours with no more problems.

Opto Lower (resized).JPGOpto Lower (resized).JPGRamp Opto (resized).JPGRamp Opto (resized).JPG
#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

nyone got a usb with the latest code on it? I can pay for shipping and send back to you once its updated!
Thx guys!!

You can probably get a memory card cheaper than the shipping..

#4589 4 years ago

NIB LE arriving tomorrow. My first pin! I am pretty sure I will need to take the backbox off to get it upstairs with two people and a hand truck. Has anyone done this? What about taking out the playfield to reduce weight? Is this practical?

We can probably muscle it up, but making it as light as possible seems like a good idea--safest for the machine and people involved.

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

NIB LE arriving tomorrow. My first pin! I am pretty sure I will need to take the backbox off to get it upstairs with two people and a hand truck. Has anyone done this? What about taking out the playfield to reduce weight? Is this practical?
We can probably muscle it up, but making it as light as possible seems like a good idea--safest for the machine and people involved.

Backbox yes not to horrible but wld not remove the playfield . Good luck shes a heavy one. I wld just get as much help as you can and not take anything apart if I didn't have to. Good luck and great choice on a awesome pin

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Could you borrow or rent an escalera or even a strong appliance dolly?Two strong guys and job done

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Quoted from romulusx:

Could you borrow or rent an escalera or even a strong appliance dolly?Two strong guys and job done

definitely rent the escelara if you can. your back will thank you for the $100 or so that it costs.

#4593 4 years ago

Checked out escaleras. $200 for 4 hrs. Might be worth it especially for the experience. Have never used one. Now to figure out if it will fit in my SUV. Might need to buy a pickup by tomorrow. What a great excuse to buy a truck.

Seriously though, thanks for the advice on the playfield. Will post pics of the job

77597 (resized).jpg77597 (resized).jpg
#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Checked out escaleras. $200 for 4 hrs. Might be worth it especially for the experience. Have never used one. Now to figure out if it will fit in my SUV. Might need to buy a pickup by tomorrow. What a great excuse to buy a truck.
Seriously though, thanks for the advice on the playfield. Will post pics of the job[quoted image]

A word of warning: Escalara is a device that requires practice. Taking a pin downstairs with it is more difficult than going upstairs in my view. Run it empty several times and make sure you have help capable of stopping a pinslide.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Definitely strap it in, and prepare for more weight than you expect. Wonka is over 350.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

if you are pulling the head anyways, you might as well pull the playfield.

i had to pull the head on a potc le. just take some pictures (lots of them from multiple angles, really, you CAN'T HAVE TOO MANY PICTURES), then remove the wires. you will probably want to remove the hinges from the backbox, but be warned that they (the hinges) will want to spin around. make sure you resecure them with some painters tape or something so they don't spin and scratch the armor. the playfield has rails on the underside, so you can sit it aside and not worry about damaging anything underneath.

#4597 4 years ago

Wonka ways 350 lbs.?Ive taken out around 215 cast iron tubs over the last 34 years and the tub seems heavier at 314lbs.

#4598 4 years ago

Getting pumped up for this. Just ordered shoulder straps for the dolly. I think I might try the playfield removal, or at least scope it out carefully. Will keep you posted

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka ways 350 lbs.?Ive taken out around 215 cast iron tubs over the last 34 years and the tub seems heavier at 314lbs.

I was surprised by its weight also, since it weighs the same as a WOZ, and thats a wide body...

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.

1D030926-435E-408F-A536-8CA74882D978 (resized).jpeg1D030926-435E-408F-A536-8CA74882D978 (resized).jpegDFB26C10-EBED-4C74-8143-EC7E4485E891 (resized).jpegDFB26C10-EBED-4C74-8143-EC7E4485E891 (resized).jpegEE24C3E6-331F-4C9E-80AB-8934FF175068 (resized).jpegEE24C3E6-331F-4C9E-80AB-8934FF175068 (resized).jpegF63A7634-F17A-4A21-B2BF-D58E912C2822 (resized).jpegF63A7634-F17A-4A21-B2BF-D58E912C2822 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.