IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 279.
#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

The game ends mid-turn after locking a ball in the Wonkavator.

Balls magnetized and not rolling right in Wonkavator or ball trough ? Optos working good in Wonkavator ?

Right number of balls in game and all accounted for ?

LTG : )

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

So my LE started putting two balls at a time in the shooter lane. I played a couple of games like this thinking it was a switch problem. I then realized that the newton ball had broken loose and was in the mix with the other six. This was concerning, but so far I haven't found any playfield damage from the newton ball.
Anyone know if there is a standard replacement for the newton ball, or does it need to come from JJP? I see where some of them are game specific.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Accessories/00-000002-00.html

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling right in Wonkavator or ball trough ? Optos working good in Wonkavator ?

Has to be the trough, I removed all six balls. In test mode when I add the balls back sometimes the switches show Green even though they shouldn't be. I guess I'll take the opto boards off and see if I can clean them with a q-tip. First time for everything.

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get this one.

Thanks guys... Order a couple of them from JJP.

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think what most reasonable Americans want is for folks to come to our country legally.
But if we complain about the way things are we’re called racist!

Nope. Not even close. The post said ‘poorly trained Mexicans’. Said nothing about legal status.

If you’re going to play the victim card at least throw it down at the right time.

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No dice. Took the boards off the trough wiped them down. Once back together after my first Wonkavator lock it kicked out three balls. I'll try new balls tomorrow.

#4508 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

No dice. Took the boards off the trough wiped them down. Once back together after my first Wonkavator lock it kicked out three balls. I'll try new balls tomorrow.

Reheat all the solder pads... or contact jjp for new trough boards

#4509 4 years ago

Hey guys.
I’m really struggling with how dark this game is. I struggle even seeing the ball sometimes.
Ordered some Comet spotlights and SMD strips, but there aren’t any conventional LEDs under the playfield to plug them in to!
Does anyone have any advice on adding spotlights? Really don’t like pinstadium or the price tag, but I’ll go that way if necessary.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I bought a used SE with some pooling. You never notice it from a players perspective. Has it gotten worse over a couple hundred plays? Can’t tell.
Unless you are in the habit of hovering over your machine with a flashlight like a lunatic and shining it at all kinds of funny angles to catch the light properly to reveal the offending posts it’s really not a big deal. It’s happened on like four of my games and I’ve stopped worrying about it.

I felt the same way until my the pooling turned to cracking and I lost the clear coat under a post.

#4511 4 years ago

I went to install my Jersey Jack topper, and I noticed this in my backbox. A severely ruptured capacitor. So severe that it oozed out and dripped onto the below capacitors, at least that's what I hope happened and that the others didn't rupture. My game still plays fine and no errors, but if this thing was blown from the very beginning then I would be oblivious to a problem.

Is this something I contact Jersey Jack on, or my distributor? I bought this machine from Pinball Pirate here in Benecia CA. If it's a simple solder fix I can probably do it myself, I just don't know what capacitor to buy. Any idea what this capacitor even does?
DSC04087 (resized).JPGDSC04087 (resized).JPG

#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I went to install my Jersey Jack topper, and I noticed this in my backbox. A severely ruptured capacitor. So severe that it oozed out and dripped onto the below capacitors, at least that's what I hope happened and that the others didn't rupture. My game still plays fine and no errors, but if this thing was blown from the very beginning then I would be oblivious to a problem.
Is this something I contact Jersey Jack on, or my distributor? I bought this machine from Pinball Pirate here in Benecia CA. If it's a simple solder fix I can probably do it myself, I just don't know what capacitor to buy. Any idea what this capacitor even does?
[quoted image]

Distributor is your best first point of contact (even if they simply relay that info). I wouldn't try repairing yourself unless you absolutely had to, but I would guess JJP would replace your board.

Caps are right next to full bridge rectifiers for converting AC to DC. They are usually used for smoothing out the waveform. I'm sure it still functions even if the capacitor isn't at full capacity, but I wouldn't keep running it. If whatever circuit that's using that voltage suddenly spikes, depending on how it's fused or regulated it could cause more damage down the line.

#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Nope. Not even close. The post said ‘poorly trained Mexicans’. Said nothing about legal status.
If you’re going to play the victim card at least throw it down at the right time.

Nope not even close to what I said,my comment was on post 4423 Get you shit right if you want to get in my face !

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Hey guys.
I’m really struggling with how dark this game is. I struggle even seeing the ball sometimes.
Ordered some Comet spotlights and SMD strips, but there aren’t any conventional LEDs under the playfield to plug them in to!
Does anyone have any advice on adding spotlights? Really don’t like pinstadium or the price tag, but I’ll go that way if necessary.

A relatively inexpensive option to help with lighting.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-led-strip-backboardtrough-combo

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Nope not even close to what I said,my comment was on post 4423 Get you shit right if you want to get in my face !

I was talking about Wayne’s comment. Which literally said “poorly trained Mexicans”.

Keep up.

#4516 4 years ago

Interesting. Wish you could choose the color and brightness once you receive it..can you? Don’t want to totally puke out the game but also don’t want stark white overly bright areas either.

Maybe pin stadiums are the answer if not?

Edit: not sure why the downvote Lol? What did I say that hurt your feelings? Just inquiring about the mod...

#4517 4 years ago

Interesting. Wish you could choose the color and brightness once you receive it..can you? Don’t want to totally puke out the game but also don’t want stark white overly bright areas either.
Maybe pin stadiums are the answer if not?
Edit: not sure why the downvote Lol? What did I say that hurt your feelings? Just inquiring about the mod...

Yes, if you choose the rgb option, you can choose color, level of brightness and speed of the color changing effect.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-led-strip-backboard-slash-trough-combo

#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just people helping people. Nothing more than that.

Got the DI fixed. King Pin helped me a long the way. We just checked for AC from the back plug to the box to the switch and traced it back to where it plugs into the power box in the head. Somehow between checking connectors and voltages something got fixed and the game is playing great. Great service by KingPin helping me by phone even though game did not come from them. DI is a great game too..Love the modes.

#4519 4 years ago

Finally made it to Wonka's Office (2nd Golden ticket).

Interesting mode - odd. Heard it was really cool. It was OK. Beat it and the flippers died just like hobbit which I always like for that extra drama.

#4520 4 years ago

I was talking about Wayne’s comment. Which literally said “poorly trained Mexicans”.
Keep up.

Well then don’t quote me when making that point.Keep up!

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Finally made it to Wonka's Office (2nd Golden ticket).
Interesting mode - odd. Heard it was really cool. It was OK. Beat it and the flippers died just like hobbit which I always like for that extra drama.

Wonka's Office is all about risk/reward. Extending the mode to try to build the value (and shooting the more valuable shots) rather than completing it right away is where it shines.

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Wonka's Office is all about risk/reward. Extending the mode to try to build the value (and shooting the more valuable shots) rather than completing it right away is where it shines.

Good to know - I'll need to read about it more. I was surprised I could even reach it honestly. Speaking of, I was one shot away from Kid MB super jackpot which I believe would have given me another ticket. Point being, I'm not very good and I was close to get another ticket. I think the difficulty in this game is great - no need to tweak.

#4523 4 years ago

Is there a setting that stops the Wonkavator from unloading when powering on?

#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good to know - I'll need to read about it more. I was surprised I could even reach it honestly. Speaking of, I was one shot away from Kid MB super jackpot which I believe would have given me another ticket. Point being, I'm not very good and I was close to get another ticket. I think the difficulty in this game is great - no need to tweak.

The code is pretty brilliant, I agree...if you just want straight up points, lots of ways to do it, but playing to get tickets is a blast. I will say, for Kid, you need a jackpot for each of the kids, the double jackpot (camera ramp), and a super...you can check progress in the status report as well. Think it's probably right up there with Factory for the 2nd easiest ticket, IMO. Not implying you didn't know, just throwing it out there lol

Wonka is a "one more game" game in the best sort of way.

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well then don’t quote me when making that point.Keep up!

You were knee-jerk crying about people yelling 'racist!' and I provided the context for why they were doing so.

Good grief lol

#4526 4 years ago

Curious about JJP code...How do they compare to sterns (in terms of how they are initially shipped, rate of releases etc) and how complete is Wonka at this point? Thanks

#4527 4 years ago

You were knee-jerk crying about people yelling 'racist!' and I provided the context for why they were doing so.
Good grief lol

Not crying about anything ,quit twisting you white woker!

#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The code is pretty brilliant, I agree...if you just want straight up points, lots of ways to do it, but playing to get tickets is a blast. I will say, for Kid, you need a jackpot for each of the kids, the double jackpot (camera ramp), and a super...you can check progress in the status report as well. Think it's probably right up there with Factory for the 2nd easiest ticket, IMO. Not implying you didn't know, just throwing it out there lol
Wonka is a "one more game" game in the best sort of way.

Yep - I hit them all, double and then just had super and choked.

What are your strategies? This game still feels somewhat random when I hit the newton or scoop - random modes pop up which I believe is intended (ex - no way to deliberately start good egg right)?

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Is there a setting that stops the Wonkavator from unloading when powering on?

no, it needs to do this to make sure the optos are working properly.

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What are your strategies? This game still feels somewhat random when I hit the newton or scoop - random modes pop up which I believe is intended (ex - no way to deliberately start good egg right)?

You can control what modes are available by using the ramps.

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I'm trying for tickets, I'm trying to stack as many modes together with multiballs as possible for survival since you can start all 3 types of factory modes at the same time. If you don't have a captive ball mode going, don't forget about needing them (easy to ignore if you don't have a kid to collect). As for Kid, if you are trying for that ticket, make your early factory tour modes Fizzy Lifting Drink and Golden Egg Room (hitting the factory standup or the right ramp will cycle through the modes once you light them) so you can get Charlie and Veruca out of the way early and play the kid MBs one or two kids at a time...less hectic, easier to focus on the shot you need, especially the double jackpot and the super.

Just my opinions of course, and won't net you the best score in the world, but easiest way to make progress. Oh, and shooting your captive ball, just make sure you don't hit it flush or on the left...hitting it on the right side should push the ball in play to the upper flipper and you can then shoot the camera ramp.

If you want big score, you want Super Spinner / Collect Bonus with Super X and a high bonus multiplier, and preferably stack Super Spinner with the 15 sec ball save Computer Award for extra safety out of the pops...to get your bonus X up, just bash the Gobstopper during your multiballs. 200 bars * 500 points per bar * 5x super * 8x bonus during Collect Bonus = 4M bonus collect, just as an example.

More stuff...you can cycle all three factory mode types, I should mention, not just the blue factory tour modes. I noted the tour modes, but cycling super X is done by hitting spinner, and cycling captive ball modes is done just by hitting the captive ball again.

#4532 4 years ago

This will be my first JJP...is there an easy way to add a sub to Wonka? I don’t see a Kit on pinnovators for it. Thanks

#4533 4 years ago

This will be my first JJP...is there an easy way to add a sub to Wonka? I don’t see a Kit on pinnovators for it. Thanks

Same as any other.. clip to cab speaker.

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same as any other.. clip to cab speaker.

Meaning same as any JJP? Thanks

#4535 4 years ago

Pinnovators has one that attaches to the speaker and isolates the ground (best if attaching more than 1 pin to the sub).

#4536 4 years ago

Meaning same as any JJP? Thanks

Same as I do with any brand... I have always clipped them to the cab speaker with no issues.

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same as I do with any brand... I have always clipped them to the cab speaker with no issues.

That’s what I always did for every pin, then I bought a pinnovators Pinsub and noticed a very significant difference. Deeper and crisper bass compared to the alligator clips. Now I have them on all my games, including wonka.

#4538 4 years ago

My Wonka LE has always had a problem with the left flipper making accurate RH ramp shots since it was new. It turns out after further inspection that it was shipped with two loose lower flipper coils. When I say loose, I mean the coil has slop between coil bracket and coil stop. The LH was worse than the RH.

The way I fixed this was to first remove the stops and coils (let the coil hang) then reinstall the coil stop only, and take vise-grips and gently bend the coil stop towards the coil bracket. WHat this does is it closes the gap slightly between stop and bracket that the coil sits in. Somewhere, there is a Vid how-to thread on Pinside showing this exact procedure for B/W games.

I then remove the stop, and reinstall boith coil and stop again but this time using threadlock. Rock solid flipper shots now very precise and snappy.

This procedure is what I do on all my flipper rebuilds for B/W games.

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

My Wonka LE has always had a problem with the left flipper making accurate RH ramp shots since it was new. It turns out after further inspection that it was shipped with two loose lower flipper coils. When I say loose, I mean the coil has slop between coil bracket and coil stop. The LH was worse than the RH.
The way I fixed this was to first remove the stops and coils (let the coil hang) then reinstall the coil stop only, and take vise-grips and gently bend the coil stop towards the coil bracket. WHat this does is it closes the gap slightly between stop and bracket that the coil sits in. Somewhere, there is a Vid how-to thread on Pinside showing this exact procedure for B/W games.
I then remove the stop, and reinstall boith coil and stop again but this time using threadlock. Rock solid flipper shots now very precise and snappy.
This procedure is what I do on all my flipper rebuilds for B/W games.

Good because that upper left flipper shot is so important to winning on this game

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s what I always did for every pin, then I bought a pinnovators Pinsub and noticed a very significant difference. Deeper and crisper bass compared to the alligator clips. Now I have them on all my games, including wonka.

Cool.. but it's not needed to use a powered sub. Options are nice tho but the old school way works just fine for my needs. Its pinball not my home theater system lol.

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Cool.. but it's not needed to use a powered sub. Options are nice tho but the old school way works just fine for my needs. Its pinball not my home theater system lol.

I had two pins hooked up to my psw10 with clips, one was wonka, the other Elvira. I was getting feedback from the ground into wonka. It was weird, when wonka was off and Elvira on, the coindoor lights would be lit on wonka. Figured that likely wasn’t good so I got the pinnovators product and the issue went away. I had never seen that before, but you are creating a ground loop when two pins are hooked to the same sub with alligator clips.

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had two pins hooked up to my psw10 with clips, one was wonka, the other Elvira. I was getting feedback from the ground into wonka. It was weird, when wonka was off and Elvira on, the coindoor lights would be lit on wonka. Figured that likely wasn’t good so I got the pinnovators product and the issue went away. I had never seen that before, but you are creating a ground loop when two pins are hooked to the same sub with alligator clips.

speaking of subs. I have 3 of the polk ones that everyone loves from amazon that work great. A friend told me his stopped working. I brought it over anf hooked it up to my ST with the pinnovators plug and sure enough it does not work. the green power led comes on but that is it. Only thing I notice is when I flip the 180 toggle switch(Whatever that does) it makes a loud thump. On my working ones that does not happen. Are these things fixable?

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well I've been doing same thing for 6 years and know tons others do same and never had issues ...Obviously it can happen as u had something weird happen but I'm fine with the way it is and I'm sure many others are also. Good to know there is a option out there if we decide to change.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

speaking of subs. I have 3 of the polk ones that everyone loves from amazon that work great. A friend told me his stopped working. I brought it over anf hooked it up to my ST with the pinnovators plug and sure enough it does not work. the green power led comes on but that is it. Only thing I notice is when I flip the 180 toggle switch(Whatever that does) it makes a loud thump. On my working ones that does not happen. Are these things fixable?

Polk has a good warranty from my experience ..maybe u can get it replaced or fixed ?

#4545 4 years ago

Pinsub (pinnovator) is a complete waste from my experience. Glad others are getting value but I did a comparison and noticed no difference.

Alligator clips all day.

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pinsub (pinnovator) is a complete waste from my experience. Glad others are getting value but I did a comparison and noticed no difference.
Alligator clips all day.

Sorry you couldn't hear a difference, it’s very noticeable to me. But I am happier knowing I’m not potentially causing grounding issues across games. I’ve been using alligator clips to subs for years, never had an issue, until I did, and immediately changed. I also have their mixer, which allows me to hook up four games to the same sub with individual volume control. A game like wonka doesn’t have great sound and I had to turn the sub volume up to get better effect. But if you also have a game like AFMr, which has great sound, hooked to that same sub, you’d have to turn the volume back down.

#4547 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

its a cheap sub, not of the best quality. Id just buy a new one vs trying to fix it..

#4548 4 years ago

Do other people have a few loud pops from the speakers when you first turn on Wonka, before the screen starts showing the files being loaded?

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Do other people have a few loud pops from the speakers when you first turn on Wonka, before the screen starts showing the files being loaded?

Yes

#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Yes.

I know there is a mod to stop that, but im not sure i want to spend $50 to do so..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/91?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.