IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 280.
#4451 4 years ago

I love my CE, have only got 2 tickets so far. Pitch is at 7.0, couldn't deal with the ball floating at 6.5. The right out lane is a pain in the ass and the rubber piece for that post to ease the pain is too big, have to find smaller rubber piece to make that work. In the mean time I've been playing it with no post, it's super fast for me at 7.0 but the shots are pretty sweet and way better than any of my favorite Stern games.

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I love my CE, have only got 2 tickets so far. Pitch is at 7.0, couldn't deal with the ball floating at 6.5. The right out lane is a pain in the ass and the rubber piece for that post to ease the pain is too big, have to find smaller rubber piece to make that work. In the mean time I've been playing it with no post, it's super fast for me at 7.0 but the shots are pretty sweet and way better than any of my favorite Stern games.

These rubber post nuts with a hole poked through them at PinballLife work great.

AFF9D412-6E10-4713-9E42-A5F461B508D6 (resized).jpegAFF9D412-6E10-4713-9E42-A5F461B508D6 (resized).jpeg
#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a worthwhile diff between the standard and the LE?

Main physical difference is the se does not have a physical ball lock.

Other differences

Cabinet art
Backglass art
Powder coat
Invisiglass
Shaker motor
Headphone jack

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Other differences
Cabinet art
Backglass art
Powder coat
Invisiglass
Shaker motor
Headphone jack

Also the ball lock has lots of rgb lighting that really adds to the allready incredible lightshows. The lock also changes the game for the better as it keeps the ball out of the dangerous pop bumpers more and you also get more chances at the skill shot and computer awards /modes.

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I just went through this choice and I’m glad I got the LE.

#4456 4 years ago

I noticed today that when i shoot the gobstopper ramp and it comes down to the flippers, the ball on the way down hits the metal diverter. Is that normal? It doesnt stop the ball but hits it enough to shake the diverter and housing it seems...

#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone having any issues with code 1.33? Im on 1.31 currently and thought someone mentioned an issue but thats all I heard.
Worth the update?

I am having issues just not sure how to roll back. Or I am seeing things for the first time like flippers dying during modes.

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you get your game finally?

Not yet but cleared hurdle and JJP made it easy to get it now despite him no longer being Distro.

I'm just ready to have fun playing some Wonka with you guys!

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not yet but cleared hurdle and JJP made it easy to get it now despite him no longer being Distro.

Good news!

#4460 4 years ago

Looking at a couple right now. What is the deal with the pf...Are they all bad? chipping? pooling ? what was their solutions. LE I am looking at has a chip and some pooling.

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Other differences
Cabinet art
Backglass art
Powder coat
Invisiglass
Shaker motor
Headphone jack

All true. You simply have to decide if this extra bling is worth $2000. If it is, go for it. If not, use that money for something else and enjoy your SE, which is an amazing machine.

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Having a blast with mine! Starting to go through the rule sets now and figure out how to get them tickets.
I ended up setting mine up with the post on the easiest settings. I want to see as much of the game as possible without changing the software settings too much. So far so good.

Thanks again for your repeat business!

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at a couple right now. What is the deal with the pf...Are they all bad? chipping? pooling ? what was their solutions. LE I am looking at has a chip and some pooling.

I bought a used SE with some pooling. You never notice it from a players perspective. Has it gotten worse over a couple hundred plays? Can’t tell.

Unless you are in the habit of hovering over your machine with a flashlight like a lunatic and shining it at all kinds of funny angles to catch the light properly to reveal the offending posts it’s really not a big deal. It’s happened on like four of my games and I’ve stopped worrying about it.

#4464 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Use yelobird's playfield iron and vireland's mylar circles to seal em. It works.

#4465 4 years ago

Is there a method to fix the damage/pooling under the ball guides?

uder ball guides (resized).JPGuder ball guides (resized).JPG
#4466 4 years ago

Keep getting a ball stuck here. Any suggestions

61C56084-4966-491A-8B85-D2A8EAF44033 (resized).jpeg61C56084-4966-491A-8B85-D2A8EAF44033 (resized).jpeg
#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Keep getting a ball stuck here. Any suggestions[quoted image]

Is the mech still rotating like it’s supposed to be?

If so, is the ball magnetized and stuck to the rail in there? Change them out.

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Keep getting a ball stuck here. Any suggestions[quoted image]

Are you using silverjet balls by any chance?

#4469 4 years ago

Figured out my gobstopper diverter issue. The spring is far too loose and it was letting the diverter sit almost all the way down. I didnt realize that I had the issue where the ball was actually going to the upper left flipper far more than it should have because the spring wasnt lifting the diverter as it should.

I basically looped it to the nub further down the spring to make it stronger. Also, someone mentioned here to add a small extension for better leverage. Thats a good idea also. One thing I have to fix is since I have spring hanging off the back of the nub, it is hitting the back of the chocolate factory back and getting slightly stuck.. when one ball runs through, it hits the diverter and it goes up and ball still comes down.. not a huge issue.

But diverter issue essentially fixed.

Does anyone know what kind of replacement spring that would use?

#4470 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the mech still rotating like it’s supposed to be?
If so, is the ball magnetized and stuck to the rail in there? Change them out.

Looks like it is getting caught on the lip. I wonder if it's an alignment thing. I'll check the settings.

Quoted from jints56:

Are you using silverjet balls by any chance?

Using the balls it came with.

#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is there a method to fix the damage/pooling under the ball guides?[quoted image]

Yes, but it involves partially disassembling your game and using an iron to re-melt the clear and make it flat again.

What's the manufacturing date of your game?

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

What's the manufacturing date of your game?

July 2019

#4474 4 years ago

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Your playfield will only get worse over time. It's part of the defective batch.

#4475 4 years ago

Looking at a Wonka with a pretty good size chip by the Bars collected inserts. Do other Wonka's have chipping issues. Only reason I would get it is because its a good price and would come with a new pf (that I will never swap

IMG_1834 (resized).jpegIMG_1834 (resized).jpeg
#4476 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is there a method to fix the damage/pooling under the ball guides?[quoted image]

Mine chipped in a similar location due to pooling along the ball guides. Feels bad, man.

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at a Wonka with a pretty good size chip by the Bars collected inserts. Do other Wonka's have chipping issues. Only reason I would get it is because its a good price and would come with a new pf (that I will never swap [quoted image]

Could you pinpoint chip location?

#4478 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Your playfield will only get worse over time. It's part of the defective batch.

Can b minimized and greatly slowed down tho if precautions are taken . I have a july also . Hope to get a new playfield soon .

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Mines the same.. I added rubber and nylon washers after flating it all out. Its holding up ok considering how many plays I put on it. Hope to get a new playfield to swap in at some point. It's my favorite pin and I'll have it for a long long time.

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There is a Huge paint touch up between the 1 and 2 inserts. That would be hard to look past. Sorry.

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s the red spot between the 1 2 10 25 inserts

#4482 4 years ago

At least is somewhat gummy bear shaped...

#4483 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

At least is somewhat gummy bear shaped...

good point So do all pf have issues? or just early ones?

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

good point So do all pf have issues? or just early ones?

First run mostly and not all those are effected. Oct on is usually ok. Thsts the first I seen a chip somewhere other than posts area tho. Usually its confined to under posts where it's not very noticeable and dont effect game play

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

First run mostly and not all those are effected. Oct on is usually ok. Thsts the first I seen a chip somewhere other than posts area tho. Usually its confined to under posts where it's not very noticeable and dont effect game play

Yeah that's the first one I've seen just sitting out there staring at you. That's naaaaasty.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It’s the red spot between the 1 2 10 25 inserts

Oh shit that looks like something quite different then what we’ve been seeing!I don’t know what the hell caused that

#4487 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at a Wonka with a pretty good size chip by the Bars collected inserts. Do other Wonka's have chipping issues. Only reason I would get it is because its a good price and would come with a new pf (that I will never swap [quoted image]

Can you negotiate an even better price...?

I wonder what the game tastes like. Surely the owner thought it lickable, and took a big chomp accidentally.

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Can you negotiate an even better price...?
I wonder what the game tastes like. Surely the owner thought it lickable, and took a big chomp accidentally.

Oh that’s something he’s looking to buy from a previous owner.I don’t think that’s on the manufacturer?

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh that’s something he’s looking to buy from a previous owner.I don’t think that’s on the manufacturer?

Ya I’d pass on that and wait it out until some of the October runs end up on the market. My CE is fine no issues with the playfield. Just some annoying thing popped up after I fixed mine. Super lock will be lit I hit the wonkavator it will lock the ball then release it back into play. Annoying as hell

#4490 4 years ago

Just received my Wonka CE and it is truely amazing, but unfortunately I've got an issue straight out of box that maybe somebody here can help me with. The game starts and says to go into the test screen. The test screen says that the camera can not be intialized and another screen says the camera can not be found. I have opened the backbox up and have traced the camera to the USB port. I've removed and reseated both the USB connection and the connection directly behind the camera without any luck. I've also upgraded the firmware to 1.33 but this hasn't helped either. I've put a service ticket in to JJ but do any of the gurus out there have any suggestions to try to get this working?

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Just received my Wonka CE and it is truely amazing, but unfortunately I've got an issue straight out of box that maybe somebody here can help me with. The game starts and says to go into the test screen. The test screen says that the camera can not be intialized and another screen says the camera can not be found. I have opened the backbox up and have traced the camera to the USB port. I've removed and reseated both the USB connection and the connection directly behind the camera without any luck. I've also upgraded the firmware to 1.33 but this hasn't helped either. I've put a service ticket in to JJ but do any of the gurus out there have any suggestions to try to get this working?

Sounds like the camera might be dead Contact JJP for a replacement.

#4492 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Try changing usb ports to see if that changes anything.

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

I had two bad cameras on my potc, one was dead right out of the box from jjp. You’ll likely need a replacement.

#4494 4 years ago

Hey guys curious to hear thoughts on theme integration and overall ‘fun’ factor. I know I know. It’s all opinion. I need a lot of time on a pin before I know whether I like or loathe it so looking for peoples thoughts.

I have a medium size collection (12 pins) so I don’t need a pin that does it all. I really just like something that is fun (like monster bash) and/or something that is pretty deep (like my BM66) having both is great...

Thoughts? Thanks!!

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Hey guys curious to hear thoughts on theme integration and overall ‘fun’ factor. I know I know. It’s all opinion. I need a lot of time on a pin before I know whether I like or loathe it so looking for peoples thoughts.
I have a medium size collection (12 pins) so I don’t need a pin that does it all. I really just like something that is fun (like monster bash) and/or something that is pretty deep (like my BM66) having both is great...
Thoughts? Thanks!!

Game is excellent imo.. just bc most videos are not synced to voice does not hurt it at all . Gameplay is top notch due to amazing layout and code is plenty deep with lots to do and go for. Light shows are mesmerizing and some of the best ever and I cant get enough if the game even after months and thousand plays....just very well done.

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Game is excellent imo.. just bc most videos are not synced to voice does not hurt it at all . Gameplay is top notch due to amazing layout and code is plenty deep with lots to do and go for. Light shows are mesmerizing and some of the best ever and I cant get enough if the game even after months and thousand plays....just very well done.

What he said^

#4497 4 years ago

If you guys also play arcade games I have a friend who just released an app on Apple and Android called arcade sidekick. It’s 1.00$ to buy and it lets you upload scores for hundreds of arcade and pinball machines. I had him add wonka and Deadpool last month. Once you make an account you can upload your scores and we can all compete. No easy vendor modes tho haha. Check it out a bunch of us in the arcade community are now using it. If you want I can have him add whatever pin you want. Check it out
90BFB529-10D4-4DFF-A9EB-988B2B389ED4 (resized).jpeg90BFB529-10D4-4DFF-A9EB-988B2B389ED4 (resized).jpeg

#4498 4 years ago

So my LE started putting two balls at a time in the shooter lane. I played a couple of games like this thinking it was a switch problem. I then realized that the newton ball had broken loose and was in the mix with the other six. This was concerning, but so far I haven't found any playfield damage from the newton ball.

Anyone know if there is a standard replacement for the newton ball, or does it need to come from JJP? I see where some of them are game specific.

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

Anyone know if there is a standard replacement for the newton ball, or does it need to come from JJP? I see where some of them are game specific.

Check if JJP has them. Otherwise - https://www.pinballlife.com/newton-pinball.html

LTG : )

#4500 4 years ago

Having a issue with my Wonkavator. The game ends mid-turn after locking a ball in the Wonkavator. Sometimes it happens right after plunging the ball while other times it take a few minutes. I rolled back the code and it's still doing it. I have been checking plugs under the table not seeing anything. Has anyone else had this issue?

Here's a video it's not that good. Hard to play with one hand and film.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/90?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.