IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 278.
#351 4 years ago

Will it be possible to add a shaker to the WONKA SE?

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Will it be possible to add a shaker to the WONKA SE?

Yes

#353 4 years ago

Thanks! I hope someone comes up with a mod to allow an external volume control too. That rectangular opening/plate is different from most.

#354 4 years ago

Yes I spoke with JJP and they sell the shaker motor directly. I have no idea what external volume control adds as I have not had a JJ before? I assume you can control volume on inner coin door as usual?

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Yes I spoke with JJP and they sell the shaker motor directly. I have no idea what external volume control adds as I have not had a JJ before? I assume you can control volume on inner coin door as usual?

Yes you can. The external volume control is just convenient in that you don't have to unlock and open the door to adjust volume.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

There is an external volume control on the LE and CE in the lower left corner of the front of the machine, but only a blank plate on the SE. It allows you to make adjustments on the fly without opening the coin door. Very handy.

#357 4 years ago

I put in my order yesterday! Can't wait and after talking to the Mod Couple, best pinball mods in the industry, I'm pretty confident that the theming issues will be solved. Honestly that is my biggest complaint is the theming misses, but I think Mod Couple has that under control.

I can't wait to see the game and the cool mods that will follow!

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I put in my order yesterday! Can't wait and after talking to the Mod Couple, best pinball mods in the industry, I'm pretty confident that the theming issues will be solved. Honestly that is my biggest complaint is the theming misses, but I think Mod Couple has that under control.
I can't wait to see the game and the cool mods that will follow!

Thanks for the very kind words Dr! Was great talking to you. Let’s just say we have Many sweet custom creations coming soon that we hope everyone likes. As we Love the game and theme we are All in on this title and hope to contribute to its final product.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

026767C9-113E-4155-A25A-57D0FF8F3620 (resized).jpeg026767C9-113E-4155-A25A-57D0FF8F3620 (resized).jpeg
#359 4 years ago

I think a Wonkavator replica would look great

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the very kind words Dr! Was great talking to you. Let’s just say we have Many sweet custom creations coming soon that we hope everyone likes. As we Love the game and theme we are All in on this title and hope to contribute to its final product.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image]

Someone bit through the wrapper!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just found out someone from my league will have access to a Wonka next week. Feeling a bit jealous. I wont see him again until May to pick his brain though.

Well, here we are in "next week." What says your friend? Is he playing a Wonka?

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Was it this guy?

bnb-1977-05-mike-engelberg (resized).pngbnb-1977-05-mike-engelberg (resized).png
#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I just saw this on youtube:
Playfield Tour:

The tour clip is helpful, but I would really like to see a closeup tour of the Standard's PF. Has anyone come across such a thing? I really want to see what that upper-left corner looks like without the Wonkavator. Maybe someone at the Allentown show can shoot a PF tour with his phone for us.

#364 4 years ago

SDTM vids are really the best as you get a good angle/ view of the playfield and game sounds. I just noticed the pop bumpers say “ Oompa Loompa” when hit.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

SDTM vids are really the best as you get a good angle/ view of the playfield and game sounds. I just noticed the pop bumpers say “ Oompa Loompa” when hit.

It’s the whole oompa song line.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The tour clip is helpful, but I would really like to see a closeup tour of the Standard's PF. Has anyone come across such a thing? I really want to see what that upper-left corner looks like without the Wonkavator. Maybe someone at the Allentown show can shoot a PF tour with his phone for us.

Screenshot_20190416-001003_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190416-001003_Gallery (resized).jpg

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Well, here we are in "next week." What says your friend? Is he playing a Wonka?

As in said I wont see him until league starts back up in May. I'll be picking his brain all night

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep, as I remember Augustus Gloop in the movie. Its all in the details! In fact to show my OCD details using this mod as an example. I actually took a real tooth imprint to extract the bite mark exactly. lol no joke. So technically I bit over 200 of these already! lol

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think a Wonkavator replica would look great

Already done. And so many more we hope everyone enjoys as much as we enjoyed created them!

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep, as I remember Augustus Gloop in the movie. Its all in the details! In fact to show my OCD details using this mod as an example. I actually took a real tooth imprint to extract the bite mark exactly. lol no joke. So technically I bit over 200 of these already! lol

That is amazing! Very well done.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]

Thanks, BigD.

It looks rather stark back there, not surprisingly.

I can't imagine what a surrogate Wonkavator mod would entail.

That would be a big fixture to tuck in there.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Already done. And so many more we hope everyone enjoys as much as we enjoyed created them!

You guys do great work! I'm in on Wonka SE, my major worry is not really the wonkavator ball lock, I can do without it. It is the lighting that is bare in the standard. Any chance a mod will incorporate to make up for that bare space.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

You guys do great work! I'm in on Wonka SE, my major worry is not really the wonkavator ball lock, I can do without it. It is the lighting that is bare in the standard. Any chance a mod will incorporate to make up for that bare space.

We will have a variety of lighting mods. I hope to firm things up a bit when I see the game in Allentown, but nothing will be released until I can test in a game.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Thanks so much for the kind words. After hundreds of dimensions and dry fitting we feel confident we are ready to roll. Hoping to pour some out by next week ready to ship. All engines are running 24/7 for what looks like another JJP home run game. Very exciting.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks so much for the kind words. After hundreds of dimensions and dry fitting we feel confident we are ready to roll. Hoping to pour some out by next week ready to ship. All engines are running 24/7 for what looks like another JJP home run game. Very exciting.

Is it bad I want to buy them before I even get my game.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Lol. The addiction is Strong with you young f3honda4me! lol Hey I'm just as crazy. My wife is going nuts because I am buying Tons of new to me games yet we are Nowhere near finished or even Started on our home renovation. I have the space full and we didn't even break ground yet!

#377 4 years ago

Tell me about it. I am in on a WONKA CE and now I am seriously thinking about getting an OKT too. I am going to have to clear out a guest bedroom to fit everything in including a TS when it is announced. I have a real addiction to these games and the mods too. Oh well, such is life.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No. That way you are all set. No worrying if they are sold out or delayed because of all the orders.

LTG : )

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

including a TS when it is announced. I have a real addiction to these games and the mods too. Oh well, such is life.

TS?
The Shadow part 2: Baldwin's Lament?

#380 4 years ago

I am in for an LE, plunked my deposit down this weekend so I assume my LE will come after the first run of CE's, which is fine. (all you early adopters can work all the kinks out, jk)

I will admit that I was a bit underwhelmed when I watched the reveal.. To me, I was just thinking WOZ.. that it would just be totally packed with all sorts of new and exciting stuff, toys, etc. My wife and kids, being big wonka fans we're adamant that we get it..so far be it for me to turn them down.

Since the reveal, watching the different vids (SDTM, etc), interviews and the latest stream it is definitely growing on me. I have to remind myself that the game doesnt have to have a PF packed with toys and multiple levels to be fun (FH is my favorite game after all, heh)

I'm really hoping Jack brings one to Golden State Pinball Festival coming up here next month so i can get some time on one.

#381 4 years ago

I will be playing a LE next Friday at Pinfest. Cant wait. Last time this happend i sold a few pins to buy DILE which i still have. I dont want to sell Congo to do this

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I am in for an LE, plunked my deposit down this weekend so I assume my LE will come after the first run of CE's, which is fine. (all you early adopters can work all the kinks out, jk)
I will admit that I was a bit underwhelmed when I watched the reveal.. To me, I was just thinking WOZ.. that it would just be totally packed with all sorts of new and exciting stuff, toys, etc. My wife and kids, being big wonka fans we're adamant that we get it..so far be it for me to turn them down.
Since the reveal, watching the different vids (SDTM, etc), interviews and the latest stream it is definitely growing on me. I have to remind myself that the game doesnt have to have a PF packed with toys and multiple levels to be fun (FH is my favorite game after all, heh)
I'm really hoping Jack brings one to Golden State Pinball Festival coming up here next month so i can get some time on one.

Your LE should ship before the CEs. My understanding is production goes SE (operators/home buyers) -> LE (home buyers/operators) -> CE (collectors) -> SE -> LE....

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Your LE should ship before the CEs. My understanding is production goes SE (operators/home buyers) -> LE (home buyers/operators) -> CE (collectors) -> SE -> LE....

Joe@PinballStar said I am likely to end up on the second run of LE's. I am fine either way. I am hoping there will be one at GSPF to play, otherwise, does anyone have a list of other shows the pin would be expected to make?

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Joe@PinballStar said I am likely to end up on the second run of LE's. I am fine either way. I am hoping there will be one at GSPF to play, otherwise, does anyone have a list of other shows the pin would be expected to make?

From what I have been told, it will NOT be at PATZ, VFW, or Replay Fx.

#385 4 years ago

In on a standard edition. I'm being told late May / early June, subject to change.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

From what I have been told, it will NOT be at PATZ, VFW, or Replay Fx.

Multiples games will be at Pintastic! Along with Charlie, Veruca Salt and Mike TV. Join in on the fun, get your WW kids meet and greet package or just come see them in the vendor hall and attend there Q and A seminar on the making of Willy Wonka.

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Multiples games will be at Pintastic! Along with Charlie, Veruca Salt and Mike TV. Join in on the fun, get your WW kids meet and greet package or just come see them in the vendor hall and attend there Q and A seminar on the making of Willy Wonka.

Really wish we could, but that's quite a drive for us (who don't like to fly). Maybe skip Replay Fx next year for Toy Story at Pintastic and take one of those home from the factory.

#388 4 years ago

I just noticed all the Wonka threads have gone dormant! I thought the release was going to be weeks after the reveal but its months so maybe that has hurt the train we were all riding weeks ago. It was fun seeing pics, videos, comments, excitement. But now, its a ghost town.

#389 4 years ago

Yeah, there really isn’t much to say until the games hit the bricks. Maybe when the CE details get revealed that will spark some chatter.

I have to say, Stern has this right with the reveal and ship being super close together. It’s best to give people the chance to buy when you have their excitement at the highest level.

A friend in the car business says “time kills all car deals” and I have to wonder if time also kills pin purchases. Not that I am out personally - still in on my CE - but the more time there is between reveal and ship, the more chance for people to change their mind, take interest in a different pin, have life/job circumstances change, etc.

#390 4 years ago

I'm only quiet because I am both excited and trying to temper that excitement. I've watched the livestreams a few times, looked over the TWIP article and heard just about every podcast discuss the topic. I've learned a few things:

Since I was not in the hobby during the dark days of Stern/Sega clip art or photos thrown on a playfield, I am not bothered by that as much as some. I also worked in the comic book industry for a time and dealt with licensing issues both as a licensee and someone protecting an IP. it can be very tiresome. I can appreciate the need to simplify the art to not ruffle any of the IP owner's feathers, especially if multiple owners need to approve it.

SO, with all that said, it sounds like a lot of folks that haven't been in front of the machine don't love the art, especially on the SE due to it being the logo. I don't want to share my opinion on the game until I see it in person and I will in 1 week. I got in for the SE on the announcemnt day, and hope to get it in the first batch. WIfe is super pumped and it looks like it will be a family favorite, as long as it shoots well.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, there really isn’t much to say until the games hit the bricks. Maybe when the CE details get revealed that will spark some chatter.
I have to say, Stern has this right with the reveal and ship being super close together. It’s best to give people the chance to buy when you have their excitement at the highest level.
A friend in the car business says “time kills all car deals” and I have to wonder if time also kills pin purchases. Not that I am out personally - still in on my CE - but the more time there is between reveal and ship, the more chance for people to change their mind, take interest in a different pin, have life/job circumstances change, etc.

There is no doubt time kills many deals for JJP....the fact that JJP can't ship weeks after reveal is a big problem for them....one that is a bit mind blowing to be honest....its the one reason Stern has so much success...they reveal and ship Pros almost immediately....

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt time kills many deals for JJP....the fact that JJP can't ship weeks after reveal is a big problem for them....one that is a bit mind blowing to be honest....its the one reason Stern has so much success...they reveal and ship Pros almost immediately....

it's true, and I do think it is an issue not to be able to deliver more quickly, but Stern games at release are pretty much never close to being finished from a code perspective and the games are not nearly as technically difficult to build. JJP games tend to be much further along in code at release and are much more complex to build.

#393 4 years ago

I would much rather wait longer for a game with better polished code. Stern has screwed the pooch several times with shoddy game play with me in the past.

#394 4 years ago

I backed out of Wonka to get a Pirates. Figured if Pirates was still idling on the line it might be a bit before I saw a Wonka. Now I'm waiting for one of those idling Pirates. Before Wonka I was in on the next run of MMR, but didn't want to wait till July. The universe refuses to ship me a pin.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

The universe refuses to ship me a pin.

First World problems!

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's true, and I do think it is an issue not to be able to deliver more quickly, but Stern games at release are pretty much never close to being finished from a code perspective and the games are not nearly as technically difficult to build. JJP games tend to be much further along in code at release and are much more complex to build.

very true on the code issue, but I really don't think thats a big issue nor do I think thats the reason they don't deliver in a timely manner....JJP has a great reputation for finishing code (unlike Stern) so I don't think the market would care about buying a game with unfinished code (I know I wouldn't)....I realize their games are more complex, but they've had years to figure out their manufacturing problems. I'm thinking its probably a cash flow issue as their not willing to front the $ to deliver quickly?

#397 4 years ago

I’m in on an SE but am eager to see what Yelobird comes up with for the “forgotten corner” where the Wonkavator isn’t. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I upgrade to the LE. I played all three models at MGC and this pin shoots like a dream! Lawlor has absolutely nailed it!

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I’m in on an SE but am eager to see what Yelobird comes up with for the “forgotten corner” where the Wonkavator isn’t. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I upgrade to the LE. I played all three models at MGC and this pin shoots like a dream! Lawlor has absolutely nailed it!

I'm in the same boat, I'd be very happy with the SE if something can be done with the lack of lighting in that corner. From the sound of earlier post it will be a sufficient replacement.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

very true on the code issue, but I really don't think thats a big issue nor do I think thats the reason they don't deliver in a timely manner....JJP has a great reputation for finishing code (unlike Stern) so I don't think the market would care about buying a game with unfinished code (I know I wouldn't)....I realize their games are more complex, but they've had years to figure out their manufacturing problems. I'm thinking its probably a cash flow issue as their not willing to front the $ to deliver quickly?

i think it's a space issue. WOZYBR is being built on one line and POTC is on another line awaiting parts to finish. I think once either of those two are done, WW will start production. I have not been to the factory since 2017 so haven't seen this firsthand, but this is what I've heard through the grapevine.

#400 4 years ago

I think we need a 24 hour Wonka news outlet. All Wonka, All the time. Or just eliminate all other threads here but Wonka related.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
12,500 (OBO)
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/8?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.