IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 280.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

yea i dont have a lot of plays, maybe 40 - 50 and its happened over 10 times probably. thing is fast! maybe i should tone down the flippers..

The game sld start to slow down in next 50 plays or so... also depends on your playfield slope...mines at 7.0. I believe I left my flippers stock but I'll check.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The game sld start to slow down in next 50 plays or so... also depends on your playfield slope...mines at 7.0. I believe I left my flippers stock but I'll check.

I should be at 6.5 but ill give it another look.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, I also turn down the level for the eject... and yes, Sterns slam so hard against the lane!

Yea different design than jjp.. jjp hits a rubber and squeezes threw tight opening...sterns just slams full speed into the shooter lane basically

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I should be at 6.5 but ill give it another look.

that lower angle is y your having it happen more so . Also just checked my flippers and they are stock.

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

that lower angle is y your having it happen more so . Also just checked my flippers and they are stock.

I thought standard was 6.5?

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That's where most start and usually the minimum setting. Most people go little more 6.8-7.2... game plays less floaty and just faster overall. I have all my pins at 7.0-7.2 ..bc 6.5 just don't feel right to me. But u can set up any way u want. Also find a little steeper helps issues like your having and less air balls also .

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It is.

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's where most start and usually the minimum setting. Most people go little more 6.8-7.2... game plays less floaty and just faster overall. I have all my pins at 7.0-7.2 ..bc 6.5 just don't feel right to me. But u can set up any way u want. Also find a little steeper helps issues like your having and less air balls also .

Thanks..

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Speaking of that kickout. Sometimes with a hard shot to the wonkavision, it jumps out of the kickout spot and doesnt register.
Anyone get that from time to time?

Yep. Not at all uncommon.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Perhaps it was the racist fucking undertones of your comments that led to the astute observation of your ignorance. There's a better way to contribute here. Try it.

The racism allegations are simply ridiculous.
A little bit of black humor about the final inspection of the production is immediately stamped by some people as racism.
For what reason? Because the contribution comes from Germany?
I can assure everyone that the post contains 0% racism from my side. If I offended anyone with that, I am truly sorry.

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I can assure everyone that the post contains 0% racism from my side. If I offended anyone with that, I am truly sorry.

Trust me, it wouldn't matter What country you came from. Your statement was just wrong. You don't have to accept being respectful to others but don't be surprised if your stereotype statement gets called out.

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

A little bit of black humor about the final inspection of the production is immediately stamped by some people as racism.

No, it's because what you said was racist. Period. If you don't want to be called a racist then don't say racist things... I'm not sure why that's so confusing to you... There was absolutely ZERO reason to inject the commentary you injected, again, ZERO. Please, do us all a favor and STFU...

Jeff

#4413 4 years ago

Question for you guys.

I havent had nearly enough time to start analyzing the rules and such on the game, but can you tell me what makes the Gobstobber ramp diverter divert to the upper left flipper? I feel like half the time (or more) it drops to the upper left and the other times it comes down to the main flippers.

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys.
I havent had nearly enough time to start analyzing the rules and such on the game, but can you tell me what makes the Gobstobber ramp diverter divert to the upper left flipper? I feel like half the time (or more) it drops to the upper left and the other times it comes down to the main flippers.

One of the shots you hit with the upper left flipper need to be lit. So if Super Spinner, GUM targets, or Super Lock is lit, it should divert. There are a few others that light the orbit that will make it divert. I've noticed it won't always divert for Super Lock though. Not sure why yet. Maybe it gives you a chance and if you miss it, you have to try again.

#4415 4 years ago

When the yellow light is on, it's going to divert - this is how I know to be ready or not.

Like Weedlum said, the preference for diversion does seem to be dependent on some modes or shots being active; super lock lit? There's a good chance it will divert, but the factory modes or computer modes like Candy Man or Dots Dots Dots can sometimes override that. Look to the yellow light, it tells you everything you need to know...

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

When the yellow light is on, it's going to divert - this is how I know to be ready or not.
Like Weedlum said, the preference for diversion does seem to be dependent on some modes or shots being active; super lock lit? There's a good chance it will divert, but the factory modes or computer modes like Candy Man or Dots Dots Dots can sometimes override that. Look to the yellow light, it tells you everything you need to know...

Ahhh, ok that would seem to make sense..

Now the dumb question.. Where is the yellow light to look for? I feel like there is so much going on at once, that my eyes spin playing the game haha

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Yeah, I don't want to jump into someone's head and brand them for one off color dumb comment. That's equally unfair as the initial comment. The comment was racially charged and stupid? Sure. Racist in action and thought? No clue, not my place to judge you, at all. I don't care really how people express views, I value more how a person treats individuals, and I feel that's far more important than broadstroking dumb comments like the one a page back.

As a side note, I watched a Stern tour from a few year's ago on Youtube, and yes most factory workers are Mexican. More than anything, the skill level to work there, and training is really high, and the job looks unrewarding and difficult. My labor based job is far simpler, and I most likely get paid 2-3 times higher than these folks.

So in short, those are pretty highly trained people at Stern.

Back to Wonka.

#4418 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where is the yellow light to look for?

Just to the left of the diverter, above the flipper, a little dome light. It is the only non RGB light on the playfield I think(?), though not sure why.

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

Just to the left of the diverter, above the flipper, a little dome light. It is the only non RGB light on the playfield I think(?), though not sure why.

ok gotcha. thanks..

#4420 4 years ago

Did I read there was an easy setting on this game or was that my imagination?

#4421 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Did I read there was an easy setting on this game or was that my imagination?

Pure imagination.

It's called coin-op mode IIRC.

#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I watched a Stern tour from a few year's ago on Youtube, and yes most factory workers are Mexican

And they could be citizens. Came here legally. Or even born here. Many have families going back hundreds of years in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.

LTG : )

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And they could be citizens. Came here legally. Or even born here. Many have families going back hundreds of years in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.

Oh for sure. I meant Mexican as in lineage. I wasn't implying illegal. I wouldn't imagine Stern would be a part of that, more likely just low wages, but I have no idea. There was definitely a northern latino migration decades back into the midwest.

I lived in San Antonio for a few years, long ago. Definitely was a different experience from someone born in the rust belt. My biggest issue were newfound allergies, and lack of any discernible hills. I miss the food....but not the dry heat.

Everyone is/was a foreigner and immigrant at some point, and I'd feel pretty alien in most parts of the world, and often in my own part, on a daily basis.

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh for sure. I meant Mexican as in lineage. I wasn't implying illegal. I wouldn't imagine Stern would be a part of that, more likely just low wages, but I have no idea. There was definitely a northern latino migration decades back into the midwest.
I lived in San Antonio for a few years, long ago. Definitely was a different experience from someone born in the rust belt. My biggest issue were newfound allergies, and lack of any discernible hills. I miss the food....but not the dry heat.
Everyone is/was a foreigner and immigrant at some point, and I'd feel pretty alien in most parts of the world, and often in my own part, on a daily basis.

I think what most reasonable Americans want is for folks to come to our country legally.
But if we complain about the way things are we’re called racist!

#4425 4 years ago

To this point, does anyone have any idea what pay, paid time off, health care, etc. is like at the Stern plant?

For me, someone using the word Mexican to describe pinball line workers isn't offensive, with Stern it's factually accurate. What might be offensive is the assumption that recent immigrants are getting shit wages because they're recent immigrants.

The fantasy, is we can all get upset over what we can imply is a racially charged comment. The reality, should be wondering what these employees are paid.

Watch any tour video from the last decade, and they are largely a latino based workforce, with the person giving the tour, speaking rudimentary spanish to the workers as they take the tour. My assumption is these people do skilled labor, work that other non latino workers wouldn't want, and get paid shit for doing so. Basically, what immigrants always end up doing in any country, until they're established. Being used and taken advantage of.

I've heard New Jersey is a higher worker paid state, so JJP must pay more to their employees, I'm assuming so anyway.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh for sure. I meant Mexican as in lineage. I wasn't implying illegal. I wouldn't imagine Stern would be a part of that,

I know you meant that. And I'm positive Stern wouldn't hire illegals. Or any pinball manufacturer.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

To this point, does anyone have any idea what pay, paid time off, health care, etc. is like at the Stern plant?
For me, someone using the word Mexican to describe pinball line workers isn't offensive, with Stern it's factually accurate. What might be offensive is the assumption that recent immigrants are getting shit wages because they're recent immigrants.
The fantasy, is we can all get upset over what we can imply is a racially charged comment. The reality, should be wondering what these employees are paid.
Watch any tour video from the last decade, and they are largely a latino based workforce, with the person giving the tour, speaking rudimentary spanish to the workers as they take the tour. My assumption is these people do skilled labor, work that other non latino workers wouldn't want, and get paid shit for doing so. Basically, what immigrants always end up doing in any country, until they're established. Being used and taken advantage of.
I've heard New Jersey is a higher worker paid state, so JJP must pay more to their employees, I'm assuming so anyway.

You have So many words but you are missing the point Entirely! It doesn’t matter in Any way what the gender or race of an employee is in Any position period. They are employees. Calling out someone by a race or gender like in this case was done so maliciously without question. End of story. If they are all women would we be fine if he said bitches? Come on now, no sense wasting time defending individuals that have No respect now or ever.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You have So many words but you are missing the point Entirely! It doesn’t matter in Any way what the gender or race of an employee is in Any position period. They are employees. Calling out someone by a race or gender like in this case was done so maliciously without question. End of story. If they are all women would we be fine if he said bitches? Come on now, no sense wasting time defending individuals that have No respect now or ever.

Yeah, I get your point, and other people's. It's fine to feel differently. I'm glad people feel and think differently.

However, I don't feel the need to persecute someone I know nothing about, for using one word, in a possibly demeaning, at worst, way.

Individuals feel differently about words, humor, whatever, as do Europeans and Americans. I don't need to impose how I feel, onto this dude.

If I ever head over to Germany, I'd be more than glad to sit with him at a bar, have a delicious German beer, play pinball, and ask him his views on such things. I'd rather do that than castigate racism on him for one dumbass comment. Doesn't make me a better person to shame, scold or try to toss him a teachable moment. His feelings, his views, are his own. Whoopdeedoo. At worst his comment was crass and ignorant. I can live with him making a dumb crack like that.

Side note, and anyone please feel free to poop on this notion, but modern Germans are pretty guilted in their daily lives, from what I've read regarding Holocaust Monuments. I'm sure this guy, and many, have a moral framework that goes far beyond most Americans, myself included.

#4429 4 years ago

So how about them Willy Wonkas ?

#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So how about them Willy Wonkas ?

Having a blast with mine! Starting to go through the rule sets now and figure out how to get them tickets.

I ended up setting mine up with the post on the easiest settings. I want to see as much of the game as possible without changing the software settings too much. So far so good.

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Starting to go through the rule sets now and figure out how to get them tickets.

The ticket for Wonkavator MB is the hardest to get, then Kid, then Gobstopper. The first 2 tickets seem to be easy (Factory Tour, Gumball)

#4432 4 years ago

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to some more tweaking of the rules. I've owned the game almost since launch (bubble-post club members unite!) and I have still never gotten to Wonka's Office. Granted, my playtime has had to slack off lately due to work, but I still think that's a bit off. I know I could just put it on the new super-easy mode, but I'm not ready to go there. It almost seems that the "stock" rules would be considered "hard" on most machines. Maybe there should be some more granularity?

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to some more tweaking of the rules. I've owned the game almost since launch (bubble-post club members unite!) and I have still never gotten to Wonka's Office. Granted, my playtime has had to slack off lately due to work, but I still think that's a bit off. I know I could just put it on the new super-easy mode, but I'm not ready to go there. It almost seems that the "stock" rules would be considered "hard" on most machines. Maybe there should be some more granularity?

You don't need to put it on super-easy mode. Just go in and tweak the settings slightly to make the Office more easily accessible. I changed mine a while ago, but I light office after obtaining the 2nd Golden ticket. Not sure if this is default (makbe after 3rd ticket is factory settings?) b/c I changed it a while ago.

Have you ever gotten 2 or 3 golden tickets?

#4434 4 years ago

anyone thinking of leaving the club I have an Indy or possibly my TZ to trade

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

An active combo overrides the upper flipper diverter so you have a chance to continue your combo and/or collect Scrumdiddlyumptious.

#4436 4 years ago

Anyone having any issues with code 1.33? Im on 1.31 currently and thought someone mentioned an issue but thats all I heard.

Worth the update?

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Having a blast with mine! Starting to go through the rule sets now and figure out how to get them tickets.
I ended up setting mine up with the post on the easiest settings. I want to see as much of the game as possible without changing the software settings too much. So far so good.

These are the defaults for Golden Tickets per the manual:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/82#post-5436270

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

You don't need to put it on super-easy mode. Just go in and tweak the settings slightly to make the Office more easily accessible. I changed mine a while ago, but I light office after obtaining the 2nd Golden ticket. Not sure if this is default (makbe after 3rd ticket is factory settings?) b/c I changed it a while ago.
Have you ever gotten 2 or 3 golden tickets?

Got 2 ONCE. Immediately drained.

#4439 4 years ago

How do I find this "super easy " mode I see referenced? I'd like to give it a try for a while.

#4440 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone having any issues with code 1.33? Im on 1.31 currently and thought someone mentioned an issue but thats all I heard.
Worth the update?

I did with wonkavator mb starting immediately and the cut scene is skipped. I rolled it back and I will leave it there for awhile. Others have said they have no issues. So try it out and if you don’t like it roll it back.

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I did with wonkavator mb starting immediately and the cut scene is skipped. I rolled it back and I will leave it there for awhile. Others have said they have no issues. So try it out and if you don’t like it roll it back.

What did you roll it back to? I saw that there was a 1.32, but didnt see it on JJP.

#4442 4 years ago

FYI update on JJP

Very helpful and happy with them getting my game straightened out with Distro!

#4443 4 years ago

No issues with new code and I noticed some small new changes. Also it didn't change wonkavator mb video on mine and its same as it was in prior code versions

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No issues with new code and I noticed some small new changes. Also it didn't change wonkavator mb video on mine and its same as it was in prior code versions

Good to know, thanks. Ill most likely give it a try. Its so new to me that I wouldnt notice a difference anyway lol

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI update on JJP
Very helpful and happy with them getting my game straightened out with Distro!

Did you get your game finally?

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Good to know, thanks. Ill most likely give it a try. Its so new to me that I wouldnt notice a difference anyway lol

Ya give it a try, I just went back to 1.31.

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

lol why?

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

nevermind. Just realized it was you who mentioned that previously.

#4449 4 years ago

There is an updated version (February 2020) of the Operations Manual on the JJP site...

#4450 4 years ago

Is there a worthwhile diff between the standard and the LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/89?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.