IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 280.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Try turning up the power to the "subway kickover" (or something like that) coil.

Gobstopper Lock Release. Set to 20 or 22. In Settings - Coils.

LTG : )

#4352 4 years ago

quick question- Wonka is my first Jersey Jack game. I’ve noticed that the flipper gap between the bottom of the flipper and playfield is huge on all four flippers when compared to a B/W game, on which the gap is the width of a credit card (flipper gap tool) Is this normal? i’d say the gap on all the JJP flippers is at least 1/8 inch or more.

EDIT: when I refer to gap, i’m referring to removing the glass and grabbing the flipper bat and pulling up on it- that movement “play”

#4353 4 years ago

pulling the flipper bat away from the playfield

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

EDIT: when I refer to gap, i’m referring to removing the glass and grabbing the flipper bat and pulling up on it, away from the playfield- that movement “play”

The up/down can vary a tiny bit from game to game. If they work great, I wouldn't worry about it.

#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Need to give a plug to KingPinGames. I asked for help on Pinside and they reached out with several detailed emails to help me work on a Dialed In issue even though I did not buy the game from them. Great Service.
Looking for a Wonka Standard. Have a very nice Indiana Jones or even my TZ to trade toward one.

You must want a Wonka pretty bad,to let go of your IJ!

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You must want a Wonka pretty bad,to let go of your IJ!

Lol hes had about 10 ij's since I've been in the hobby . Between wh20,tron, ij and shadow I think hes had 5-10 of each over the past 5 years or so lol. Needs to get some newer blood in there

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol hes had about 10 ij's since I've been in the hobby . Between wh20,tron, ij and shadow I think hes had 5-10 of each over the past 5 years or so lol. Needs to get some newer blood in there

I hear you,I tend to hang on to mine like I'll never see another one for sale again.I think IJ is one of the best pins ever made.When I got my IJ I sold my TZ to buy my middle son a car when he turned 16.

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The up/down can vary a tiny bit from game to game. If they work great, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, I was thinking that.... BUT... I've re-built enough B/W flipper assemblies as to where this really jumped out at me. I noticed the lower flippers were quite noisy, so I inspected them. I feel like they play a little sloppy when compared to other games. Thanks for the video Loyd

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only 3 Ij in 10 years

I want a JJP in my collection. Love the movie and the games plays smooth.

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Only 3 Ij in 10 years
I want a JJP in my collection. Love the movie and the games plays smooth.

if you want to make the drive to TPF or MGC, i can send you home with SUO (show use only) game with $500 off msrp discount and free shipping to the show pricetag....

#4361 4 years ago

if you want to make the drive to TPF or MGC, i can send you home with SUO (show use only) game with $500 off msrp discount and free shipping to the show pricetag....

Appreciate the offer. Just too far and hoping for a local trade. Have 3 offers if I ship but waiting for a Wonka Owner that wants to trade.

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Yeah, I was thinking that.... BUT... I've re-built enough B/W flipper assemblies as to where this really jumped out at me. I noticed the lower flippers were quite noisy, so I inspected them. I feel like they play a little sloppy when compared to other games. Thanks for the video Loyd

You are right. Fix that gap, it's just a poorly trained Mexican on the production line.
I had the same with all 4 fingers. But hey, who cares the pin is just 10k.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You are right. Fix that gap, it's just a poorly trained Mexican on the production line.
I had the same with all 4 fingers. But hey, who cares the pin is just 10k.

Why???? Help is kind, your reply however was totally ignorant!

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why???? Help is kind, your reply however was totally ignorant!

Why my post is ignorant???
I have just shared a video of my Wonka, with the factory settings of the 4 fingers as I got it.

So if you'll get a new pinball machine with this much gap on all fingers, you do not think that the worker on the production line needs better instruction?
Or maybe the finger in a pin are not so important in your opinion.

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Why my post is ignorant???
I have just shared a video of my Wonka, with the factory settings of the 4 fingers as I got it.
So if you'll get a new pinball machine with this much gap on all fingers, you do not think that the worker on the work line needs better instruction?
Or maybe the finger in a pin are not so important in your opinion.

Perhaps it was the racist fucking undertones of your comments that led to the astute observation of your ignorance. There's a better way to contribute here. Try it.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Fix your brain, you’re a poorly trained human

#4367 4 years ago

uh... the mexican comment was completely uncalled for, however, your video is EXACTLY the play in all 4 of my flippers. i will be tightening them up to the credit card gap

#4368 4 years ago

The upper right flipper on my WONKA sticks in the “up” position about half the time. Is this a known issue? Haven’t opened it up to take a closer look yet.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

uh... the mexican comment was completely uncalled for, however, your video is EXACTLY the play in all 4 of my flippers. i will be tightening them up to the credit card gap

The whole homepin thread is filled with derogatory Slander about chinese making pinball machines.
Nobody is reacting.

As a bystander, i guess I've never understood the political correct Pecking order.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

The upper right flipper on my WONKA sticks in the “up” position about half the time. Is this a known issue? Haven’t opened it up to take a closer look yet.

Ltg just provided a really good video on How to tune in the flippers.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

The upper right flipper on my WONKA sticks in the “up” position about half the time.

Two screws holding the coil stop on tight ? Return spring still working ? A tiny bit of up and down play on flipper bat ?

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Ltg just provided a really good video on How to tune in the flippers.

Butch who does the JJP manuals made the video.

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The whole homepin thread is filled with derogatory Slander about chinese making pinball machines.
Nobody is reacting.
As a bystander, i guess I've never understood the political correct Pecking order.

Last time I checked Stern wasn’t in Mexico, genius. It was a low blow and blatant racism has jack shit to do with political correctness.

#4374 4 years ago

I have an early build LE being delivered tomorrow. Been following the thread. Mostly good information. The checklist of things to go over when I open is getting pretty long......

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Last time I checked Stern wasn’t in Mexico, genius. It was a low blow and blatant racism has jack shit to do with political correctness.

So saying chinese cant make pinball machines in a derogatory fashion isn't racist?

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Your 100 percent correct, but instead of ignoring said dumb comment a few guys are virtue signaling up a thread that’s supposed to be about wonka. Those from outside the US may or may not be there yet.

#4377 4 years ago

I have been working with Cliff on the trough eject/plunger lane cliffys for Wonka (and JJPOTC) the past several days back and forth and his design template is now tuned in perfect and ready to make some for the masses. If you want that cliffy, email Cliff and add your name to the wait list ([email protected]) - Tell him that I sent you . Note that he doesn't have other cliffys for Wonka other than that currently.

Pinball is fun!

20200211_193805 (resized).jpg20200211_193805 (resized).jpg
#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Nobody is reacting.

Just remember to make fun of white people to be safe.

#4379 4 years ago

I’m just saying there’s a HUGE difference between saying certain goods produced in Country A are cheaper/inferior compared to Country B vs. “OMG the flipper was messed up because the Mexican worked on it”. End of rant, carry on.

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have been working with Cliff on the trough eject/plunger lane cliffys for Wonka (and JJPOTC) the past several days back and forth and his design template is now tuned in perfect and ready to make some for the masses. If you want that cliffy, email Cliff and add your name to the wait list ([email protected]) - Tell him that I sent you . Note that he doesn't have other cliffys for Wonka other than that currently.
Pinball is fun![quoted image]

They really needed? I use mylar and it works just fine. I use to buy everything from cliff but not all are needed imo. Mylar works the same if not better in many cases. I love cliff and his products but just not needed alot of the time.

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They really needed? I use mylar and it works just fine. I use to buy everything from cliff but not all are needed imo. Mylar works the same if not better in many cases. I love cliff and his products but just not needed alot of the time.

Debatable I'm sure (especially with the soft clearcoat - I have a early LE), but I especially like the Cliffys for the trough eject/plunger lane area.

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Debatable I'm sure (especially with the soft clearcoat - I have a early LE), but I especially like the Cliffys for the trough eject/plunger lane area.

Ya Cliffys for sure on a stern machine. I didn’t have them on my Deadpool and the shooter lane started to chip after 50 plays. My ce has over 1k plays and looks just like the day I bought it. Mylar should be fine on wonka and cliffys to be even more safe.

#4383 4 years ago

So yes i did buy my game from an "authorized distributor" at the time, you know him, now he's in a dispute with JJP.

JJP decided to make the issue between them and my "authorized distributor" at the time MY problem. The reply was "sorry that happened to you, you should get your money back and buy from someone else". WTF?

I'm just the innocent 3rd party buyer in good faith. And that's how i was treated as a customer of them. "Too bad, sorry it happened".

Yeah i don't think so, they need to help facilitate getting me the game i ordered and paid for through their "authorized distributor". I shouldn't have to suffer as an innocent party in the middle of THEIR dispute.

It'll get worked out.

I was a first month WOZ buyer way back when so nothing really surprises me.

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So yes i did buy my game from an "authorized distributor" at the time, you know him, now he's in a dispute with JJP.
JJP decided to make the issue between them and my "authorized distributor" at the time MY problem. The reply was "sorry that happened to you, you should get your money back and buy from someone else". WTF?
I'm just the innocent 3rd party buyer in good faith. And that's how i was treated as a customer of them. "Too bad, sorry it happened".
Yeah i don't think so, they need to help facilitate getting me the game i ordered and paid for through their "authorized distributor". I shouldn't have to suffer as an innocent party in the middle of THEIR dispute.
It'll get worked out.

This all sounds awful. Really sorry to hear about your troubles trying to enjoy a game, and support a company and distributor.

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This all sounds awful. Really sorry to hear about your troubles trying to enjoy a game, and support a company and distributor.

This. I think we all root for Iceman to be made whole and enjoy his Wonka.

#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This. I think we all root for Iceman to be made whole and enjoy his Wonka.

Right on get this man his Wonka already!!!

#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It'll get worked out.

Sorry to hear this. I hope it gets worked out and you get your game.

#4388 4 years ago

How does one find the difficulty setting in the settings menu? From what I read isn’t there a medium or easy setting

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya Cliffys for sure on a stern machine. I didn’t have them on my Deadpool and the shooter lane started to chip after 50 plays. My ce has over 1k plays and looks just like the day I bought it. Mylar should be fine on wonka and cliffys to be even more safe.

I stopped buying shooter lane ones years ago in place of mylar and haven't had one issue or any damage. However for switch slots under wireforms they are needed and at scoops they are needed. Great product and he has saved many pins.

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pinball is fun![quoted image]

Thats strange. he told me a week or so ago that the Dialed in/WOZ lane stuff fits Wonka perfectly. I even placed an order with him last week for it.

Edit - This was his description on my invoice from him

DI-EJ2
Dialed In 2pc shooter eject protector set (Wonka)

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I stopped buying shooter lane ones years ago in place of mylar and haven't had one issue or any damage. However for switch slots under wireforms they are needed and at scoops they are needed. Great product and he has saved many pins.

Mylar is not going to stop the ball from denting the wood with time. Thats the purpose of the metal protectors.. .

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats strange. he told me a week or so ago that the Dialed in/WOZ lane stuff fits Wonka perfectly. I even placed an order with him last week for it.
Edit - This was his description on my invoice from him
DI-EJ2
Dialed In 2pc shooter eject protector set (Wonka)

Yes, I ordered that to start with a couple of weeks ago and had to modify the holes. I had told him originally that I thought it would fit. After I reported back, Cliff said that "close" wasn't good enough and we started tweaking a template back and forth this last week and got it to be perfect. Last night, he had declared the cliffy ready to burn. It will be a stand alone design just for Wonka.

You should probably contact him to see if he already sent the DI one, or was holding off for these results/tweaks. The DI one would require some Dremmel work to get it to fit.

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, I ordered that to start with a couple of weeks ago and had to modify the holes. I had told him originally that I thought it would fit. After I reported back, Cliff said that "close" wasn't good enough and we started tweaking a template back and forth this last week and got it to be perfect. Last night, he had declared the cliffy ready to burn. It will be a stand alone design just for Wonka.
You should probably contact him to see if he already sent the DI one, or was holding off for these results/tweaks. The DI one would require some Dremmel work to get it to fit.

He told me that he was about a month out, but I will double check with him.

Thanks!

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Im also really hoping he gets to making a protector for that wonkavision kickout. That one takes a beating between the skill shot and the wonkavision ramp..

#4395 4 years ago

Speaking of that kickout. Sometimes with a hard shot to the wonkavision, it jumps out of the kickout spot and doesnt register.

Anyone get that from time to time?

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Mylar is not going to stop the ball from denting the wood with time. Thats the purpose of the metal protectors.. .

Well after thousands of plays on them they have no Mark's or indentions. Even the mylar has no Mark's. I also lower the coil eject power to the almost the minimum it needs ....sterns especially have them set way to high stock.
..jjp are usually ok and a lot less damaging then sterns set up.

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im also really hoping he gets to making a protector for that wonkavision kickout. That one takes a beating between the skill shot and the wonkavision ramp..

The way the hole is designed(beveled edge) it sld be fine . The ball slows down drastically also with the sharp turn most of the time and hit a rubber stop The proto Wonka"s with tons and tons of plays had no issues there.

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Speaking of that kickout. Sometimes with a hard shot to the wonkavision, it jumps out of the kickout spot and doesnt register.
Anyone get that from time to time?

Very very rare ..maybe 3 times since I've owned it. The game will slow down some once you get some more plays on it. After a fresh wax tho it does speed back up again for a bit.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very very rare ..maybe 3 times since I've owned it. The game will slow down some once you get some more plays on it. After a fresh wax tho it does speed back up again for a bit.

yea i dont have a lot of plays, maybe 40 - 50 and its happened over 10 times probably. thing is fast! maybe i should tone down the flippers..

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well after thousands of plays on them they have no Mark's or indentions. Even the mylar has no Mark's. I also lower the coil eject power to the almost the minimum it needs ....sterns especially have them set way to high stock.
..jjp are usually ok and a lot less damaging then sterns set up.

Yes, I also turn down the level for the eject... and yes, Sterns slam so hard against the lane!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/88?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.