IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 280.
#4251 4 years ago

Woz and hobbit especially do have better sound systems but the cab design was changed for di and everything after. However my potcle, dile and wonkale all sound great and better stock than any other company/pin I have owned. I have a Polk hooked up to all of them and I love the extra bass as it really adds to the experience.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Woz and hobbit especially do have better sound systems but the cab design was changed for di and everything after. However my potcle, dile and wonkale all sound great and better stock than any other company/pin I have owned. I have a Polk hooked up to all of them and I love the extra bass as it really adds to the experience.

The Polk adds depth to game

#4253 4 years ago

Nothing really to add to the thread other than to say that Wonka looks like an amazing game. You certainly look like you get your monies worth. The video posted earlier and @delt31’s photo is just stunning.

#4254 4 years ago

Im going to take a good look at this when I get home. I did have quite a bit to drink that night when I got Wonka haha.

How can you access the speakers? Do the screws by the LE plaque hold the speaker grill in place? I want to make sure nothing is loose and that everything is wired correctly.

Everyone on this forum says it sounds great. Some reviews that I read specifically mention what I am hearing. So im not sure what to think.

#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

How does game audio sound through headphones using the headphone jack?

Funny enough. It was your review that I noticed mentioning the sound having no depth and that the sound files were probably taken from a slot machine...

#4256 4 years ago

Ok so there is definitely an issue with the left speakers. They are distorted, crackly and high pitched. When i disconnect that plug and only have the right speakers connected i can hear a definite sound difference for the better.

Any thoughts? How go I access the speakers?

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok so there is definitely an issue with the left speakers. They are distorted, crackly and high pitched. When i disconnect that plug and only have the right speakers connected i can hear a definite sound difference for the better.

This is a new Wonka right?Maybe you could have your distributor look at it.
I had an issue with my Wonka and Zack @ Flipnout came over and took care of it.

#4258 4 years ago

Its the left side tweeter. Its distorted and crackly making it sound bad. It almost sounds like its overpowering the other left speaker also

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny enough. It was your review that I noticed mentioning the sound having no depth and that the sound files were probably taken from a slot machine...

Ya, there isn't much bass content in the background music and most of the sound effects. Some of the newer sounds have some bass content. Definitely less than Pirates, Hobbit, and WOZ.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Contact JJP Support. They have been excellent for the issues I've had here and there since getting mine.

#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Contact JJP Support. They have been excellent for the issues I've had here and there since getting mine.

I reached out this morning but havent heard back via online support. Ill call them tomorrow

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Polk adds depth to game

How did you hook up the polk? Was just looking to do this but didn't see a direct plugin. I was planning on running wires from the existing speaker. Is there a butter way?

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

How did you hook up the polk? Was just looking to do this but didn't see a direct plugin. I was planning on running wires from the existing speaker. Is there a butter way?

See the pinnovators solution to connect up to the speaker. It isolates the ground. Some people land up having weird ground loop issues between pins if you connect 2 pins to 1 sub. This fixes that.

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Ive done it in the past by connecting to the sub under the cabinet.

#4265 4 years ago

I went to try the headphones jack last night but it only gave me sound into one ear. I tried two pairs.. Both were earbuds.

Any thoughts on that?

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I went to try the headphones jack last night but it only gave me sound into one ear. I tried two pairs.. Both were earbuds.
Any thoughts on that?

Headphone jack module wiring harness is backwards on the module at the front of the game. Turn it around.

#4267 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Headphone jack module wiring harness is backwards on the module at the front of the game. Turn it around.

Thanks. I will take a look..

#4268 4 years ago

Sound quality-wise I have found WOZ and Hobbit to be very good and no need to enhance or change anything.

However when I got Dialed In I did notice the 'depth' / bass lacking not so much that I made any changes I just put it sown to cabinet changes and not really having a sound score like Hobbit.

Then I got Pirates and the sound was pretty bad (IMHO), it totally lacked depth / bass and was so tinny it was almost offensive to hear!
So I upgraded the sub and popped in a dedicated sub-woofer amp;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07M69K3VS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It transformed the sound on Pirates.

A week ago I took delivery of Wonka and the sound again was not great just like Pirates, this time I just popped in the dedicated sub-woofer amp and that again made a huge improvement far more immersive and with a great bass to the music, speech and sfx.

So much so today I have ordered another amp for my Dialled In.

Its a shame I have to spend more on a £10k machine but I can not abide poor sound.

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sound quality-wise I have found WOZ and Hobbit to be very good and no need to enhance or change anything.
However when I got Dialed In I did notice the 'depth' / bass lacking not so much that I made any changes I just put it sown to cabinet changes and not really having a sound score like Hobbit.
Then I got Pirates and the sound was pretty bad (IMHO), it totally lacked depth / bass and was so tinny it was almost offensive to hear!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07M69K3VS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A week ago I took delivery of Wonka and the sound again was not great just like Pirates, this time I just popped in the dedicated sub-woofer amp and that again made a huge improvement far more immersive and with a great bass to the music, speech and sfx.
Its a shame I have to spend more on a £10k machine but I can not abide poor sound.

Interesting.. So for Wonka, all you did was add an amp to the existing sub on the bottom of the cabinet?

#4270 4 years ago

Also, for Wonka, how did you get the signal to the amp? Looks like it shows RCA's as inputs but I thought the subwoofer in the cabinet ran with speaker wire?

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting.. So for Wonka, all you did was add an amp to the existing sub on the bottom of the cabinet?

Yes.

To power the amp I simply snipped the power inside the machine coming from the switch to the transformer and connected the amps power supply in-line so when the machine is off so is the amp.

Then using heavy duty velcro I stuck the amp and its PSU to the base of the cabinet (bu the sub so if I ever fold up the machine its stays in place.

About 30 mins upgrade in total.

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, for Wonka, how did you get the signal to the amp? Looks like it shows RCA's as inputs but I thought the subwoofer in the cabinet ran with speaker wire?

For this I snipped the subs speaker wires, left enough wire to connect to the amp and then the speaker wires coming from the game simply stripped them and using electrical tape joined them to a cable that has 2 RCAs to connect into the amp.
I may go back and solder it but hey it works and no-one is going to see it.

#4273 4 years ago

For this I snipped the subs speaker wires, left enough wire to connect to the amp and then the speaker wires coming from the game simply stripped them and using electrical tape joined them to a cable that has 2 RCAs to connect into the amp.
I may go back and solder it but hey it works and no-one is going to see it.

Very interesting.. Snipping the power line as mentioned in the other post would make me nervous! ha

#4274 4 years ago

The dude can not abide!

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks. I will take a look..

This is the connector you need to look at. Mine did the same thing and came loose. Reseat that and make sure it’s in those pins.

3108426E-2E0A-45AF-BDBF-4362BE86D82E (resized).jpeg3108426E-2E0A-45AF-BDBF-4362BE86D82E (resized).jpeg
#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Snipping the power line as mentioned in the other post would make me nervous!

Unplug the game for this.

LTG : )

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unplug the game for this.

Lol, I do know that much! hahah

#4278 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This is the connector you need to look at. Mine did the same thing and came loose. Reseat that and make sure it’s in those pins.[quoted image]

The J101?

#4280 4 years ago

Ok great thanks. I was looking in the manual earlier and thought that might be what I needed to look at and make sure the pins are correct.

#4281 4 years ago

Now if JJP can get back to me on my speaker issue!

#4282 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok great thanks. I was looking in the manual earlier and thought that might be what I needed to look at and make sure the pins are correct.

I made the exact same mistake on my headphone/speaker jack installation on my Wonka SE. (I purchased the kit directly from JJP for my machine). When I ran the wiring harness to the module on the front of my machine, I accidentally plugged J101 in backwards. The harness isn't keyed, so it's easy to do. I only had mono sound coming out of one ear. Flipping the connector the other way fixed the issue.

Looks like someone on the production line made the same error.

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I made the exact same mistake on my headphone/speaker jack installation on my Wonka SE. (I purchased the kit directly from JJP for my machine). When I ran the wiring harness to the module on the front of my machine, I accidentally plugged J101 in backwards. The harness isn't keyed, so it's easy to do. I only had mono sound coming out of one ear. Flipping the connector the other way fixed the issue.
Looks like someone on the production line made the same error.

Yup, thats the first thing I am going to try. Surprised the connector isnt keyed. I hate unkeyed connectors ha.

#4284 4 years ago

I’m getting the run around now on my CE delivery

#4285 4 years ago

So earlier I posted about removing that protective plastic bc it looked better on the right ramp. I've been playing that way for the past month however I would suggest not doing this bc last night the ball did move more than I've ever seen to the left. Luckily not close to causing damage but I'm not pushing it.

Long story short, don't take off the plastic on the right ramp!

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So earlier I posted about removing that protective plastic bc it looked better on the right ramp. I've been playing that way for the past month however I would suggest not doing this bc last night the ball did move more than I've ever seen to the left. Luckily not close to causing damage but I'm not pushing it.

JJP had to send me a new oompa loompa sculpture because of airballs. I'd recommend leaving the ramp cover in place.

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Heh yup. Before JJP sent that to me a stray ball snapped the front of my camera right off!

#4288 4 years ago

My camera also broke. JJP replace it. Kept it as a backup and fixed the original by drilling and placing a screw in it. Used white tape to cover the crack. Also had to zip tie the hand back on the camera.

20191122_122752 (resized).jpg20191122_122752 (resized).jpg20191122_104247 (resized).jpg20191122_104247 (resized).jpg20191122_104251 (resized).jpg20191122_104251 (resized).jpg20191122_162855 (resized).jpg20191122_162855 (resized).jpg
#4289 4 years ago

Hey all, so I'm noticing one of my magnets is starting to hum loudly when activated. It's the one that grabs the ball from the left ramp and holds it for a beat for the upper left flipper (by the start of Kid Multi-ball.) I started noticing it about 5 games ago and either it's getting progressively louder or I'm hyper-focusing on it

Any ideas what it could be? The magnet itself is doing its job, it's just the loud hum driving me batty. Thanks.

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m getting the run around now on my CE delivery

Ger your money back and order from someone else.

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This. Wonka CE has been flowing freely for 2 months now. Anyone making excuses not to deliver is highly questionable.

#4292 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I'm calling Jack tomorrow. Gonna get to the bottom of it.

Like i said, fully paid since April of last year.

Do anybody know anyone that has paid for a CE and not gotten one?

#4293 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm calling Jack tomorrow. Gonna get to the bottom of it.
Like i said, fully paid since April of last year.
Do anybody know anyone that has paid for a CE and not gotten one?

Did you buy from JJP direct?

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you buy from JJP direct?

Nope, to get my money back i need to know WHO has it! Distro claims he pays in full for games ordered and thus collects in full. I paid whenever the announcement came out. If Jack has my $$ then I'd just like to get my game OR send it back to me.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope, to get my money back i need to know WHO has it! Distro claims he pays in full for games ordered and thus collects in full. I paid whenever the announcement came out. If Jack has my $$ then I'd just like to get my game OR send it back to me.

I hope it gets sorted out. And you get your game.

And if Jack has a distributor not following through, he needs to know.

I am sorry for what ever went wrong in the process. You should be playing it.

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope it gets sorted out. And you get your game.
And if Jack has a distributor not following through, he needs to know.
I am sorry for what ever went wrong in the process. You should be playing it.

Thanks Lloyd, we will find out tomorrow. I'm excited to get the game and will be playing it soon hopefully!

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

Hey all, so I'm noticing one of my magnets is starting to hum loudly when activated. It's the one that grabs the ball from the left ramp and holds it for a beat for the upper left flipper (by the start of Kid Multi-ball.) I started noticing it about 5 games ago and either it's getting progressively louder or I'm hyper-focusing on it
Any ideas what it could be? The magnet itself is doing its job, it's just the loud hum driving me batty. Thanks.

Mine has been doing that since the day I got it. Don’t know if it’s a thing or not. Didn’t even think about it being an issue because I never had a game with magnets before.

#4298 4 years ago

I've never heard a buzz from any game I have owned that used magnets

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I've never heard a buzz from any game I have owned that used magnets

Ya makes a audible buzz which I assume it’s power being turned on to the magnet. Doesn’t bother me but if it’s not right then who knows.

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ya, there isn't much bass content in the background music and most of the sound effects. Some of the newer sounds have some bass content. Definitely less than Pirates, Hobbit, and WOZ.

I second that... I received my pirate's CE within a week of my wonka CE... I was so convinced that the subwoofer was disconnected that I opened it up and checked everything out and it seems okay but I really do hope they crank up the base on the future update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/86?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.