IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 278.
#4201 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You say change them out, but my machine doesnt have them by the slings from factory...

I think he's confusing them for being extra sling plastics, versus mylar for the slings.

#4202 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No post - easier left drains. Post in first open hole - a tad harder drains. Post in plugged hole - even harder to drain. If you use that hole, save the plug or put in the other hole. Doesn't matter.

You can add them if you like.
LTG : )

So I just fired this bad boy up. Awesome.. But really? Not post on the left? I played two games real quick and all balls drained there. Thats a crazy drain!!

Also, is this how the backbox GI should look? Just looks like a lot of lost artwork with no lights..

wonka (resized).jpgwonka (resized).jpg
#4203 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So I just fired this bad boy up. Awesome.. But really? Not post on the left? I played two games real quick and all balls drained there. Thats a crazy drain!!
Also, is this how the backbox GI should look? Just looks like a lot of lost artwork with no lights..[quoted image]

Yes, there are no lights around the translight. We offer the rgb mod

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-rgbtranslight-kit

F509D67B-5F17-4C9B-BB65-F2225D32C268 (resized).jpegF509D67B-5F17-4C9B-BB65-F2225D32C268 (resized).jpeg
#4204 4 years ago

Might need to jump on one of those. Looks great! Thanks...

Also, normal to hear a loud squelching noise on boot up? Ive already read the gobstopper motor is loud on startup so I know thats normal.

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, normal to hear a loud squelching noise on boot up? Ive already read the gobstopper motor is loud on startup so I know thats normal.

Yes.

#4206 4 years ago

Bought today! Hand delivery?

#4207 4 years ago

Thanks again! I think I'm officially all out of questions.

Thanks again for all the help and quick answers. You guys are awesome!

#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Anyone have any issues with the Gobstopper having issues with spinning.
In test mode it functions fine, in game play when you hit the most secret machine it’s spins normally, the hole spins and opens and then the gobstopper only ticks around slowly and intermittently.

Bump. Sorry for hogging the thread

#4209 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I'm not digging the new VUK settings after 1.33. Getting misfires again in the shooter lane, which cost me some crucial seconds with multiball timers earlier. Anyone else experiencing this? I think I'm gonna need to bump it back up.

Another bump

#4210 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is it a loud pop kinda noise? harryhoudini sells a kit for that.

#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is it a loud pop kinda noise? HarryHoudini sells a kit for that.

yea kind of like that but with a squelch. What is that from exactly?

#4212 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

yea kind of like that but with a squelch. What is that from exactly?

I think it's the amp getting power upon startup. It's a common issue with every JJP game.

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

#4213 4 years ago

Actually, i just updated to 1.31 and it didnt do the noise on start up. I do notice a fair amount of back box noise. Humming or whatever

#4214 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Actually, i just updated to 1.31 and it didnt do the noise on start up. I do notice a fair amount of back box noise. Humming or whatever

Added a link above.

#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is this your first pin or nib pin? Or just first nib or jjp pin?

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, is this how the backbox GI should look? Just looks like a lot of lost artwork with no lights..[quoted image]

Play it for a while you will get better.. it's a tough pin. I have the extra post in and the game is still a butt kicker and that's the only change I made. Also make sure its level and at 6.5-7.0 I prefer them around 7 myself. Just enjoy it for a while and then start looking at mods if you want some. There are alot of great mods that really dress up the pin and add to the experience.

#4217 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No I have a woz also but don't feel like it has that...

#4218 4 years ago

Question. Is it me or my machine or does the audio during game play sound shallow or thin? I feel like there isn't much depth to the audio

#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I actually think it's the fan I'm hearing now that I'm spending more time with it

#4220 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question. Is it me or my machine or does the audio during game play sound shallow or thin? I feel like there isn't much depth to the audio

It's almost scratchy sounding if that makes sense

#4221 4 years ago

I think the sound from jjp pins are great.. at least from all the ones I've owned. They make some noise on startup but that's it? You may here the fan if u play at a lower volume but I play with it at around 30.

#4222 4 years ago

I almost feel like a speaker is blown. Something sounds strange from the left side

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I almost feel like a speaker is blown. Something sounds strange from the left side

Go into the sound test and make sure everything is working ok

#4224 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure something is up with my left tweeter.. It's distorted. I'll contact jjp next week. I'd much rather have that issue than anything else..

Besides that, this game is awesome! Flows fast and smooth. Very hard and like others have said, always gives you that "just one more" feeling. Love it!!!

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Go into the sound test and make sure everything is working ok

I went through the volume settings. Not sure if I missed something? I actually lowered the settings for all sound to see if I could get rid of that scratchy distortion I'm hearing. No luck

#4226 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I went through the volume settings. Not sure if I missed something? I actually lowered the settings for all sound to see if I could get rid of that scratchy distortion I'm hearing. No luck

There's a actual sound test in the menu under tests that u can do a bunch of different things with.

#4227 4 years ago

Is there a way to turn treble down? When it hits higher notes it distorts

#4228 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's a actual sound test in the menu under tests that u can do a bunch of different things with.

OK thanks. Let me look for that

#4229 4 years ago

Ok so I found that sound test and to be honest, it all sounded great. No offense to anyone but I think I'm gonna have to chalk it up to just not the greatest quality of call out sound. That seems to be my issue

#4230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok so I found that sound test and to be honest, it all sounded great. No offense to anyone but I think I'm gonna have to chalk it up to just not the greatest quality of call out sound. That seems to be my issue

Weird I think it sounds good. Anyway you can do short video or something to see if we hear what your saying? I'll post a link to one my vids and see how yours compares.

#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is there a way to turn treble down? When it hits higher notes it distorts

How loud are you putting the volume at? I've had mine up in the 40s and still sounds good.

#4232 4 years ago

I'm at volume 23.. I started messing around with the settings and I did get it to sound a bit better...

On another note, I messed around with thr monitor settings as I felt stock looked a but washed out. I turned down brightness almost all the way and played with contrast. Colors are much more rich and vibrant.

Yes, I'm a visual snob lol

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I'm at volume 23.. I started messing around with the settings and I did get it to sound a bit better...
On another note, I messed around with thr monitor settings as I felt stock looked a but washed out. I turned down brightness almost all the way and played with contrast. Colors are much more rich and vibrant.
Yes, I'm a visual snob lol

What settings are u at on the monitor.. I've been waiting for someone to do this as I think mine looks a little off also

#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

OK thanks. Let me look for that

Get a Polk Audio 10” sub for $99 and crank it

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What settings are u at on the monitor.. I've been waiting for someone to do this as I think mine looks a little off also

pull the monitor out and the buttons are on the side of the back panel.. my monitor turns off though if it pulls out at a certain point...

#4236 4 years ago

I decided to take off that eye sore by the right ramp which covers the beauty of that powder. Once in a blue moon, a ripper will fall off to the left but I like seeing more of that area and less clear plastic. FYI:

20200202_100643 (resized).jpg20200202_100643 (resized).jpg
#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I decided to take off that eye sore by the right ramp which covers the beauty of that powder. Once in a blue moon, a ripper will fall off to the left but I like seeing more of that area and less clear plastic. FYI:[quoted image]

Be aware that the purpose of that shield is also to protect your Oompa Loompa. He can take an airball and break.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Be aware that the purpose of that shield is also to protect your Oompa Loompa. He can take an airball and break.

Yeah I hear you. I'll continue to monitor but when it rarely happens the ball falls off and doesn't come close.

#4239 4 years ago

Anyone know what brand the undercab lights are on the CE?

#4240 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Will....break. Just a matter of time sans shield.

#4241 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone know what brand the undercab lights are on the CE?

They look to be a standard led light strip. Nothing special.

#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I decided to take off that eye sore by the right ramp which covers the beauty of that powder. Once in a blue moon, a ripper will fall off to the left but I like seeing more of that area and less clear plastic. FYI:[quoted image]

You may wanna get cliffys for the ramp drops especially the left one. Also you can put rubbers on the posts at the left outlane and center divider... just need put on small on on outlane and one of the rubber caps on center lane one.
20200202_144727 (resized).jpg20200202_144727 (resized).jpg

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Get a Polk Audio 10” sub for $99 and crank it

I noticed in the reviews for the Wonka machine, there are a few mentions of the poorer audio quality of this game, so its definitely not me.

Also one mentioned that the sub didnt do much to fix this and that the audio just is flat in general.

Ill probably pick up another polk at some point to see if it helps at all but still underwhelmed with the audio quality from this game. its bugging me..

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed in the reviews for the Wonka machine, there are a few mentions of the poorer audio quality of this game, so its definitely not me.
Also one mentioned that the sub didnt do much to fix this and that the audio just is flat in general.
Ill probably pick up another polk at some point to see if it helps at all but still underwhelmed with the audio quality from this game. its bugging me..

audio on mine is just like all the other JJPs however I am using an external sub. No diff in quality.

#4245 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

audio on mine is just like all the other JJPs however I am using an external sub. No diff in quality.

Then something is definitely wrong with mine. I put in a ticket with JJP.

My WOZ sounds worlds better. This sounds like its playing in mono out of a speaker from 1940.

#4246 4 years ago

I have no complaints about the audio... sounds like there is an issue.

#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I have no complaints about the audio... sounds like there is an issue.

I just find it strange that when I did the sound test, it all sounded good. Game audio does not... doesnt even make sense.

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just find it strange that when I did the sound test, it all sounded good. Game audio goes not... doesnt even make sense.

How does game audio sound through headphones using the headphone jack?

#4249 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That is a good question and something I am going to play with when I get home...

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Amazing!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/85?hl=joefox22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.