IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 279.
#4051 4 years ago

Nope they all booted to the Unetbooting screen. I let it count down and gave the familiar boot crash on the small screen or a halt error. Same result no matter what.

#4052 4 years ago

You guys think code is done ? Or some new features coming.....game is fantastic so far.

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

You guys think code is done ? Or some new features coming.....game is fantastic so far.

Good question,if somebody’s in the know out there speak up please

#4054 4 years ago

Gold mirror blades. Yee-haw.

00A16426-98CD-4226-B5C3-4B3E78640EFE (resized).jpeg00A16426-98CD-4226-B5C3-4B3E78640EFE (resized).jpegAADBF0FD-AC9A-4478-977E-1F90CAD454C3 (resized).jpegAADBF0FD-AC9A-4478-977E-1F90CAD454C3 (resized).jpegD8FC4F4E-B866-4F53-862F-5DD08E37ECFE (resized).jpegD8FC4F4E-B866-4F53-862F-5DD08E37ECFE (resized).jpeg
#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Gold mirror blades. Yee-haw.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any issues with the fit? I’ve heard there is precious little wiggle room there, which is making me hesitate on getting mirrors or blades.

#4056 4 years ago

Food for thought....

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Any issues with the fit?

Good point. I should’ve addressed that. They are a tad too long to line up with the back box hardware hole. I needed to use metal cutters to trim an eighth of an inch off the back. I happen to have the right cutters (honestly just a cheap pair from Lowe’s) and it was easy. No issues with bending the metal or anything.

Interesting because I’ve ordered the same ones for other JJP games and they fit perfectly but indeed WW was a tad off. But when I made the easy cut, they fit perfectly.

No issues when raising the playfield up and down. Each game is a bit different, but my playfield goes up and down without touching the mirror blades at all.

When doing this last year to my WOZ and TH, I ordered the strips of felt to put on the playfield edge and it was too tight. I took the strips off and the playfields go up and down very easily.

Here is what I ordered: Pinballdecals.com. WMS gold mirror blades.

Go for it!!

#4058 4 years ago

So put up 4.5 but only one ticket . I need to read the rules again!

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So put up 4.5 but only one ticket . I need to read the rules again!

4.5 is my GC, also 1 ticket. It’s tough!

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Good point. I should’ve addressed that. They are a tad too long to line up with the back box hardware hole. I needed to use metal cutters to trim an eighth of an inch off the back. I happen to have the right cutters (honestly just a cheap pair from Lowe’s) and it was easy. No issues with bending the metal or anything.
Interesting because I’ve ordered the same ones for other JJP games and they fit perfectly but indeed WW was a tad off. But when I made the easy cut, they fit perfectly.
No issues when raising the playfield up and down. Each game is a bit different, but my playfield goes up and down without touching the mirror blades at all.
When doing this last year to my WOZ and TH, I ordered the strips of felt to put on the playfield edge and it was too tight. I took the strips off and the playfields go up and down very easily.
Here is what I ordered: Pinballdecals.com. WMS gold mirror blades.
Go for it!!

Good info! So I take it you think the gold blades are the way to go for WW vs the Black or the standard blades? I honestly had never seen the black/gold ones til your post.

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Any issues with the fit? I’ve heard there is precious little wiggle room there, which is making me hesitate on getting mirrors or blades.

I have PinGraffix blades and the fit was fine..

#4062 4 years ago

I played Willy Wonka several times in a public location. As I am a Pat fan, owning TAF and DI!, I think I will join the owners club of WW, soon!

Even if I like WW gameplay and flow very much and was able to score 3m points, I still do not understand the gameplay from a strategic point of view. In TAF I know the rules like ramps light chair, chair (or swamp) start modes, etc. In DI! I know: e-guy charges phone, phone starts modes, etc.

In WW I feel like everything is just random... I only shoot for lit arrows... But I still have no idea how to start multiballs or modes on purpose...

So: beside the game diagram from the manual, is there something like an extended rule-sheet, or does anybody know about a good tutorial (video)?

Thank you very much,
Lars

#4063 4 years ago

Starting multiball is fairly easy
1.Hit gobstopper target lock 3 balls gobstopper multiball starts
2.Get kid multiball by collecting kids by completing easy task(listen to vocal ques)The light left of the middle left flipper will be flashing
Hit target start kid multiball

#4064 4 years ago

Golden Tickets (Default - per the manual)

Factory Tour - 4 modes (Interesting ... vintage film distortion = half vs. no or full)
Kid Mutiball - 7 "unique" jackpots (kid multiball lit carryover - yes)
Wonkavator Multiball - 3 super jackpots (stage memory carryover - yes)
Gobstopper Multiball - 5 jackpots (jackpot memory - no ... !!!)

Gumball must be a gamble of some sort ...
Gumball Coins - 5 minimum
Gumball machine odds go to 50/50 for Golden ticket - 12 coins

#4065 4 years ago

A setting I will need to try out:

Wonkatania Mania Lamp Intensity Settings:

Normal (Default)
Scary
Freak Out
Gonna Be Sick

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Good info! So I take it you think the gold blades are the way to go for WW vs the Black or the standard blades?

Yes, my preference is the gold. I think it just looks very classy. But with WW being fairly dark, you might also do well with the standard blades which could brighten it up a bit. I just think the gold looks awesome, especially with the overall golden ticket theme.

I have the black in Wizard of Oz (I wanted to toughen it up a bit! Ha ha) and also Black Knight. I like them, but they are fairly dark.

Joey from Pinball decals did put my Wizard of Oz black mirror blades on his site, if you want to check it out.

But my vote is gold first, standard mirror second.

You can compare the three here: http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

That is actually my TH with gold and my WOZ with black.

Keep us posted and shoot a picture once you decide!

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Normal (Default)
Scary
Freak Out
Gonna Be Sick

Mine is set to the most aggressive setting, and it's great. I can honestly say that it might induce a seizure in an epileptic person.

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Yes, my preference is the gold. I think it just looks very classy. But with WW being fairly dark, you might also do well with the standard blades which could brighten it up a bit. I just think the gold looks awesome, especially with the overall golden ticket theme.
I have the black in Wizard of Oz (I wanted to toughen it up a bit! Ha ha) and also Black Knight. I like them, but they are fairly dark.
Joey from Pinball decals did put my Wizard of Oz black mirror blades on his site, if you want to check it out.
But my vote is gold first, standard mirror second.
You can compare the three here: http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html
That is actually my TH with gold and my WOZ with black.
Keep us posted and shoot a picture once you decide!

Will do! Thanks for all the info. I currently have a Twilight Zone and a WW side by side. I am considering going standard for both, especially since none of the graphic blades options have really spoken to me. I think the standard mirrors would be great for both games, plus that would keep the look consistent between the two.

#4069 4 years ago

Can never go wrong with the standard mirrors!

#4070 4 years ago

I have an LE version and I started having an unusual issue happening randomly during games (not consistent back to back games) where the ball will be in play lets say on a ramp(doesn't matter which) or shooting a shot off a flipper and the turn will just end like I drained a ball but I haven't. Naturally the ball will as my turn is over drain down and it will start the next ball. It has happened on ball 1,2,and 3, has happened during multiballs as well. I check matrix switch list nothing unusual there no errors. Is this something in the trough or where do I start to look, any thoughts?

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Is this something in the trough or where do I start to look, any thoughts?

For a start I'd turn the game off and reseat the ball trough opto board connectors.

LTG : )

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start I'd turn the game off and reseat the ball trough opto board connectors.
LTG : )

Thanks I will try that 1st thing in the morning at the shop and let u know what I find.

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Thanks I will try that 1st thing in the morning at the shop and let u know what I find.

Widen the pins on the two pin ball trough opto connector just a little (the other side is a 3 pin connector). This is the one that most commonly causes what you're seeing, and if the pins are a little wider, it lets the connector grab it better.

#4074 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give a heads up on a mod that I bought that looks nothing like pictured.. Sorry to those modders selling this but it has to be mentioned.

This "pile of gumdrops" by ULEK Store... junk. In the picture, it looks like a picture perfect pile of gumdrops. It looks so realistic that I actually thought it might be a real pile of gumdrops. Well, I received this over the weekend and the quality of print is poor. It looks faded and completely unrealistic. Granted, its only $15 but seriously, save your money. It is not a good looking mod.

Here is what it claims to look like. I will send a pic later of what I received.

https://www.ulekstore.com/Gum_Drop_MOD_for_Willy_Wonka_pinball_p/gumdrops.htm

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I just wanted to give a heads up on a mod that I bought that looks nothing like pictured.. Sorry to those modders selling this but it has to be mentioned.
This "pile of gumdrops" by ULEK Store... junk. In the picture, it looks like a picture perfect pile of gumdrops. It looks so realistic that I actually thought it might be a real pile of gumdrops. Well, I received this over the weekend and the quality of print is poor. It looks faded and completely unrealistic. Granted, its only $15 but seriously, save your money. It is not a good looking mod.
Here is what it claims to look like. I will send a pic later of what I received.

Curious to see how the actual product looks. I know david and all of his mods i have seen are top notch. Could it be that it was just a bad print? I have seen the mod on his game and thought that it looked good. Im sure he will make it right

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Curious to see how the actual product looks. I know david and all of his mods i have seen are top notch. Could it be that it was just a bad print? I have seen the mod on his game and thought that it looked good. Im sure he will make it right

Is David from the ULEK store? I did send them an email back about this item and difference from the picture to what I received.

I havent had any issues with ULEK in the past either, so was surprised with this one.

#4077 4 years ago

Yes david owns ulekstore.

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Yes david owns ulekstore.

Well I will post back what is said and send a picture later.

#4079 4 years ago

Well, I asked my wife to take a picture and she did. I will say, that the picture she took looks much better than it does in real life. My wife knows nothing about pinball and doesnt care to know. Her response after the picture was sent was "Looks better in the picture LOL".

So unfortunately a picture isnt going to help.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,

Same thing goes for the pile of Wonka Bars that goes by the Oompa Loompa camera person, ended up taking it off it looked so fake... It's just a picture laminated to hardboard...

Jeff

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, I asked my wife to take a picture and she did. I will say, that the picture she took looks much better than it does in real life. My wife knows nothing about pinball and doesnt care to know. Her response after the picture was sent was "Looks better in the picture LOL".
So unfortunately a picture isnt going to help.

Thats too bad. I hope it gets resolved. The only mods i have from them is flipper toppers, and those are always good, but my wonka has i think mod couple flipper toppers since i really liked those with the 3d candy on them

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Same thing goes for the pile of Wonka Bars that goes by the Oompa Loompa camera person, ended up taking it off it looked so fake... It's just a picture laminated to hardboard...
Jeff

Oh really? Ha, that was another one that I was looking into. I thought they were 3d printed or whatever..

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Thats too bad. I hope it gets resolved. The only mods i have from them is flipper toppers, and those are always good, but my wonka has i think mod couple flipper toppers since i really liked those with the 3d candy on them

Its not a huge deal since its a $15 mod, but just wanted to let others know...

In regards to flipper toppers, i saw these on ebay and thought they "looked" good. I guess you can never be sure until you see them in person.

ebay.com link: WILLY WONKA CHOCOLATE FACTORY Pinball Flipper Cushioned Armour 4 piece set

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh really? Ha, that was another one that I was looking into. I thought they were 3d printed or whatever..

So did I until I got the package...

Jeff

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

So did I until I got the package...
Jeff

Well I appreciate you sharing that info. Not looking to waste more money on crappy mods.

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,

well, not to knit pick, but on the link you posted it does specifically state:

"This mod is made from 1/4" hard board and has a metal plate backing. You can either use the hole to remove a screw and place it anywhere on the playfield or it comes with double sided 3M tape that you can simply adhere to any open space. "

not sure if that was added recently or not, but it does state what it is.

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

well, not to knit pick, but on the link you posted it does specifically state:
"This mod is made from 1/4" hard board and has a metal plate backing. You can either use the hole to remove a screw and place it anywhere on the playfield or it comes with double sided 3M tape that you can simply adhere to any open space. "
not sure if that was added recently or not, but it does state what it is.

No I realize that but the picture looks great. The product in person does not..

#4088 4 years ago

I too wasn't sure about the mod when it arrived and a little disappointed. Once in the game it looks good. At least I think it does. The bars mod is done the same way. Both have had compliments from friends playing Wonka.

20200128_131959 (resized).jpg20200128_131959 (resized).jpg20200128_132002 (resized).jpg20200128_132002 (resized).jpg
#4089 4 years ago

Looking to trade a game from my current lineup for a Wonka. Anyone in the Midwest interested?

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Looking to trade a game from my current lineup for a Wonka. Anyone in the Midwest interested?

I’m betting that JJP POTC LE you have will get you a Wonka real fast. Lol. Good luck in your hunt, both great games.

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Even if they had been perfectly molded, I always thought those looked out of place.

#4092 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Widen the pins on the two pin ball trough opto connector just a little (the other side is a 3 pin connector). This is the one that most commonly causes what you're seeing, and if the pins are a little wider, it lets the connector grab it better.

So I checked the two pin connector was relatively secure, emptied balls out of trough and replaced back one by one in test mode all optos lit up correctly and stayed lit. Played a game again, put a ball up in wonkavator and on ball 2 it did it again. Opened it back up and found the #6 opto on the trough ( its ball still in the wonkavator) had come loose and when u touched it barely it would turn on and off in the menu test mode. Vibration from shaker motor is when it happened most or when rapidly flipping the flippers. JJP support top notch as always to the rescue with a replacement and we are going to be as good as new. Thanks everybody for your insight. We all love this game and are addicted to the just one more game.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

We might have some show specials for mgc in a few weeks. If you are interest in a trade (plus or minus cash) let me know.

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Vibration from shaker motor is when it happened most or when rapidly flipping the flippers. JJP support top notch as always to the rescue with a replacement and we are going to be as good as new. Thanks everybody for your insight. We all love this game and are addicted to the just one more game.

This is great news that you identified and recorded the fix. Always a plus for future issues on other Wonkas. Thanks!

#4095 4 years ago

So just got my Wonka, is it my game or is the GI very dark on Wonka?

20200128_212245 (resized).jpg20200128_212245 (resized).jpg
#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

So just got my Wonka, is it my game or is the GI very dark on Wonka?[quoted image]

The game is very dark. Here are some lighting options you might consider

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mods

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

So just got my Wonka, is it my game or is the GI very dark on Wonka?[quoted image]

From your photo it doesn’t look like the GI lights are on? Specially in the slings area. All fuses good? Do you go into test mode and test all lamps?

#4098 4 years ago

pretty sure the GI lights are sometimes off when the game is in attract mode.

#4099 4 years ago

It's a darker game but I play in the dark and it's fine. Maybe a few spots by the sling and flipper area are needed for some people tho.

#4100 4 years ago

In the photo you posted, the GI is OFF, not on at that moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.