WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf (PDF preview)
16424417089588745583249294379054 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.52.40 AM (resized).png
20220107_100734 (resized).jpg
66D72AF2-3E85-43A4-BE7D-B739C7903A87 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1051 (resized).JPG
IMG_1051 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 214.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

thanks for the info, but I will not pay 13 euro shipping for a 15 euro plastic

I went to buy something from them also. The shipping was one thing, but then Paypal wanted a 3.5% currency conversion fee. I was paying with a credit card and not paypal.

I said forget it after seeing that.

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Still, gotta love the font work on "Brat." What could have been![quoted image]

The font of BRAT is actually what made me notice it. Loved it. Just the little things... ha

#4003 2 years ago

Anyone who's saying that the Wonkavator assembly on the LE and CE's are "not much to them" or "no big deal"....... Just take a look at this drawing. Seems like a big deal to me. Just saying....

Wonkavator-Dwg (resized).JPG
#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Anyone who's saying that the Wonkavator assembly on the LE and CE's are "not much to them" or "no big deal"....... Just take a look at this drawing. Seems like a big deal to me. Just saying....[quoted image]

yeah, i LOVE the drawing sections of the manuals. it really makes you understand how one part from one manufacturer can hold up everything. there are 1000's (if not 10,000's) of parts in each machine.

#4005 2 years ago

Still not had a definitive answer to the Wonka CE owners manual - will they get one..

I’m looking to get a few printed if the answer is no... LTG who do I need to contact at JJP to find out.

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Still not had a definitive answer to the Wonka CE owners manual - will they get one..
I’m looking to get a few printed if the answer is no... ltg who do I need to contact at JJP to find out.

I thought JJP was done with printed manuals.

Moot point right now anyway. Butch isn't even done with the 1.0 Wonka PDF manual.

#4007 2 years ago

Is the manual on JJP site not complete?

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No, there's still parts of section D that aren't done yet.

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No. It will be updated.

LTG : )

#4010 2 years ago

From what i have been told (as a distributor), there will NOT be a printed manual from JJP for any Willy Wonka machines.

#4011 2 years ago

I like that the manual can be digitally stored within the machine, but it must take forever to scroll through and zoom on pages with the 4 coin door buttons versus a printed manual.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I like that the manual can be digitally stored within the machine, but it must take forever to scroll through and zoom on pages with the 4 coin door buttons versus a printed manual.

it's not that bad, and you can also download it to your tablet, phone or computer

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

this shot is nearly identical to width and location of the ball lock/extra ball shot on Twilight zone. Lawlor to blame. Since I own a TZ, I'm pretty good at that shot, and can also make it on Wonka.

It's also super satisfying when said shot clunks home.

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

It's also super satisfying when said shot clunks home.

You got that right and it’s nice when you can hit when you need it.Maybe I’m ok at Wonka because I started my collection with Whirlwind,TZ and Adams Family

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

yeah, i LOVE the drawing sections of the manuals. it really makes you understand how one part from one manufacturer can hold up everything. there are 1000's (if not 10,000's) of parts in each machine.

I’m a product engineering CAD designer at Ford Motor Company working in Carina V5 on Interior components and assemblies. I’ve seen my share of drawings and these Jersey Jack exploded view drawings are excellent. very well done. look to be done in Solidworks or something of the AutoDesk nature.

#4016 2 years ago

Will say so far my experience with jjp’s customer service has been great. After talking with Steve he had a drive out in the mail today. I should get it on Thursday. Dealing with stern on a nose board issue took over two weeks to resolve. Hope this fixes my issue.

#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Will say so far my experience with jjp’s customer service has been great. After talking with Steve he had a drive out in the mail today. I should get it on Thursday. Dealing with stern on a nose board issue took over two weeks to resolve. Hope this fixes my issue.

They've been really great with my issues as well. Top notch CS group there. They get a little overwhelmed at times, so you may have to try more than once to make contact, but once you do they always make things right.

This is a good thing too, because if I had to rely on my lazy distributor I'd probably never get anything fixed!

#4018 2 years ago

Question for you guys. This might sound dumb but... lol

Do you guys do anything special when putting on the legs of these machines that are powder coated? The reason I ask is becuase I noticed that when I put on the legs for my WOZ and cranked down the bolts, they chip away under the bolt. Obviously not an issue since its under the bolt but I can see this spreading if needing to take on and off...

Wasnt sure if anyone uses a rubber washer or anything like that?

#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do you guys do anything special when putting on the legs of these machines that are powder coated? The reason I ask is becuase I noticed that when I put on the legs for my WOZ and cranked down the bolts, they chip away under the bolt. Obviously not an issue since its under the bolt but I can see this spreading if needing to take on and off...

If it bothers you PinballLife sells nylon washers all colors for this or Stern simply puts a washer on the screw so it doesn’t bite. Not really a big issue. Good luck

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If it bothers you PinballLife sells nylon washers all colors for this or Stern simply puts a washer on the screw so it doesn’t bite. Not really a big issue. Good luck

Cool thanks.

#4021 2 years ago

I noticed Willy Wonka is not on IPDB?? Tried different ways to search , no dice .

#4022 2 years ago

Received my tilt topper today and went to install it. Was surprised to see my 12v splitter from the wonkavator mod was not connected to the blue wire connector. couldn't find the original directions to confirm. Am I correct that these should be connected? Thanks

20200122_145202 (resized).jpg
#4023 2 years ago

My LE has the same empty plug

EDIT: Empty BLUE plug. There were 2 empty blue plugs when I installed my Wonkatania topper

EDIT #2: my JJP Wonkatania topper plugged directly into one of the two BLUE plugs.

#4024 2 years ago

Confirmed incorrect -- Does this look correct? Almost scared to turn the thing on.
20200122_155102 (resized).jpg

#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Does this look correct? Almost scared to turn the thing on.[quoted image]

No. The splice is provided to plug into the blue wire connection. The second plug provided is only used if you have a topper or secondary mod that needs that supply.

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Does this look correct? Almost scared to turn the thing on.[quoted image]

You will blow something with that connection, unplug it. One blue plug is for the topper and I think the other is for undercab lights, which is only enabled for the CE I believe. What your splitter is plugged (Connector with black and yellow wires) into is an extra power source.

#4027 2 years ago

Alright glad I asked both blue plugs have been unplugged. Thanks all.

#4028 2 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback, glad I didn't blow anything up. I was able to hook up my topper this evening, it looks great.

20200122_210241 (resized).jpg
#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Nylon washers from Ace Hardware or the like. That's where I get mine. Dirt cheap protection. Some of the Stern pins come with thin ones now (Batman SLE, one other, but I don't remember which...)

#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I noticed Willy Wonka is not on IPDB?? Tried different ways to search , no dice .

They've been slowly updating the database after like a year down while they had issues...

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They've been slowly updating the database after like a year down while they had issues...

Thank you.

#4032 2 years ago

So installed the new drive today and it’s doing the same thing. Would a bad driver board cause it to crash? All the lights are lit red with the cpu flashing red. Checked the fuses and they all tested ok but I’m going to pull them and retest each one. Very strange what’s going on for sure. Will contact them again on Monday.

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So installed the new drive today and it’s doing the same thing. Would a bad driver board cause it to crash? All the lights are lit red with the cpu flashing red. Checked the fuses and they all tested ok but I’m going to pull them and retest each one. Very strange what’s going on for sure. Will contact them again on Monday.

When you say "all the lights" is that on the motherboard or the circuit board below the motherboard?

Can you post a picture of the computer motherboard and the circuit board below the CPU box with the machine turned on?

#4034 2 years ago

Here ya go I’m speaking of the driver board down below. The cpu light is flashing red the rest on the left are a steady lit red.

19F71853-6AEA-487A-952D-C82812EE160F (resized).jpeg
#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Here ya go I’m speaking of the driver board down below. The cpu light is flashing red the rest on the left are a steady lit red.[quoted image]

This is ANOTHER motherboard change? Now they're on ASrock H310CM-HDV instead of Gigabyte? Is that stock?

Did you get into the BIOS with the password and turn the boot messages on so you can see if it's actually booting?

Did you try shorting the power pins on the jumper block? It sounds like your lockup was one thing and now the boot on power function of the motherboard is glitched. Seems to happen too much. I made a product to make recovery more convenient:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03111-power-cmos-kicktap

But for now, here is where the pins are to short:

fix-dead-jjpotc-ASROCK-H310CM-HDV_mobo (resized).jpg
#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is ANOTHER motherboard change? Now they're on ASrock H310CM-HDV instead of Gigabyte? Is that stock?
Did you try shorting the power pins on the jumper block? It sounds like your lockup was one thing and now the boot on power function of the motherboard is glitched. Seems to happen too much. I made a product to make recovery more convenient:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03111-power-cmos-kicktap

It looks like the PC fan is spinning so I don’t think it’s the boot issue..this time.

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It looks like the PC fan is spinning so I don’t think it’s the boot issue..this time.

Maybe. Could be CMOS corruption, too.

Would be helpful if the motherboards didn't keep changing...

#4038 2 years ago

Ya the pc is on, I went into the bios no problem everything looks fine as it’s recognizing the ram, drive ect. I did disable the jjp screen but it’s not showing me a post screen just asks to hit f2 to go into bios. I need to poke around and see if there is a show post option. I’m pretty new to pins but computers I do know about. The motherboard seems to be running fine. It’s not a cmos thing because the game is booting to the drive. After that is when the problems start. I think the drive is looking for that I/o board and it’s not working so it errors out. Kinda like golden tee when you have a disconnected i/o board it will boot and then error out. It’s just my wild guess and may not have anything to do with it. I mean Me and Steve thought it was the drive. Something else is going on. We’ll figure it out haha.

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya the pc is on, I went into the bios no problem everything looks fine as it’s recognizing the ram, drive ect. I did disable the jjp screen but it’s not showing me a post screen just asks to hit f2 to go into bios. I need to poke around and see if there is a show post option. I’m pretty new to pins but computers I do know about. The motherboard seems to be running fine. It’s not a cmos thing because the game is booting to the drive. After that is when the problems start. I think the drive is looking for that I/o board and it’s not working so it errors out. Kinda like golden tee when you have a disconnected i/o board it will boot and then error out. It’s just my wild guess and may not have anything to do with it. I mean Me and Steve thought it was the drive. Something else is going on. We’ll figure it out haha.

Will it still boot from the bootable USB that you made to re-install the code on the SSD?

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Will it still boot from the bootable USB that you made to re-install the code on the SSD?

Nope crashes, also for shits and giggles I disconnected the power to the I/o board and all usb plugs. Just the monitors connected. Grabbed my golden tee 2019 drive I had left over. Guess what it booted into game files no problem. I shut it off as I now know the computer is working fine.

#4041 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Nope crashes, also for shits and giggles I disconnected the power to the I/o board and all usb plugs. Just the monitors connected. Grabbed my golden tee 2019 drive I had left over. Guess what it booted into game files no problem. I shut it off as I now know the computer is working fine.

Maybe put the USB plugs back in one at a time booting between each and see which one resumes the crashing (or if none do after you get them all back in, then it's very likely the I/O board).

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe put the USB plugs back in one at a time booting between each and see which one resumes the crashing (or if none do after you get them all back in, then it's very likely the I/O board).

You might be on to something here. I’ve been fighting a reboot problem on POTC CE, and by unplugging USBs one by one I narrowed it to the camera.

Further examination of the camera revealed a lot of tension on the camera connector, halfway pulling the molex out of its socket. After fixing that, no more reboots.

#4043 2 years ago

Ya I can try but I need someone to pull there backglass off and confirm in they have a flashing red cpu light on the I/o board, a steady red or a green light. Mine is flashing red which is telling me that’s it’s not getting a signal.

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I can try but I need someone to pull there backglass off and confirm in they have a flashing red cpu light on the I/o board, a steady red or a green light. Mine is flashing red which is telling me that’s it’s not getting a signal.

Flashing red can also mean activity. It's not always red/green. Solid red/flashing red is cheaper.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Flashing red can also mean activity. It's not always red/green. Solid red/flashing red is cheaper.

Ya true maybe I’ll poke around the new Manual and see if it says anything.

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya true maybe I’ll poke around the new Manual and see if it says anything.

Why waste the time? You're talking maybe what, 3 USB cables and 3 reboots to know? Seems like it'd be faster to just do it.

#4047 2 years ago

No i follow you for sure I’m doing that as we speak. It’s 5 usb plugs total ya a couple of them will say system halted if unplugged a couple of the others will give the same crash report. I think I’m beyond my pay grade here. You would think if it was a board under the playfield it would still boot like a stern but that area of the playfield would not work. It’s a different system so I need to call and chat. Thanks tho for all the suggestions I really appreciate it.

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

No i follow you for sure I’m doing that as we speak. It’s 5 usb plugs total

Given that zaphx has noted problems with the camera, I'd plug that one in last.

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that zaphx has noted problems with the camera, I'd plug that one in last.

Ya I did that was the last one I plugged in. I need someone a programmer from jjp to look at the error logs and see what’s not booting ect.

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I did that was the last one I plugged in. I need someone a programmer from jjp to look at the error logs and see what’s not booting ect.

But did it crash/stop booting when you plugged any of those in and rebooted?

There are 10,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 214.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside