IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 278.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Did you have to format that new drive or did you just pop it in and do the usb install?

Just plugged it in and used the usb install, but if you're seeing the same error with two different drives then I suspect either the sata port or the cable (or possibly a bad download of the code you are trying to use).

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just plugged it in and used the usb install, but if you're seeing the same error with two different drives then I suspect either the sata port or the cable (or possibly a bad download of the code you are trying to use).

Does this look right it’s what I have on the usb drive.

1A80CAA9-FFEB-44C3-AFDC-7B5FF2D97C1B (resized).jpeg1A80CAA9-FFEB-44C3-AFDC-7B5FF2D97C1B (resized).jpeg
#3953 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the ball not registering in the saucer. It seems to be hit or miss as sometimes it works and other times it just sits there until the ball locator thingy runs. I tried cleaning it with a lens cloth, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

I'm having an issue with the ball not registering in the saucer. It seems to be hit or miss as sometimes it works and other times it just sits there until the ball locator thingy runs. I tried cleaning it with a lens cloth, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

It uses some kind of new opto board so I don't know much about it. I'd take it out and clean it well and make sure all connections are good on both ends. If that don't work call jjp and ask their opinion.

#3955 4 years ago

Is Jersey Jack working on a patch to tone down the luminosity for the new topper they released? Is this even possible to be fixed through a software patch? If they match the translite luminosity that would be perfect.

#3956 4 years ago

I went and grabbed a new flash drive as the one I was using might have been suspect. So I loaded the full install on it and it didn’t crash. It’s been sitting on the jersey jack logo now for about 15mins. Hope this is doing something fingers crossed. I do have a new ssd to try if this doesn’t work. Edit it’s been over an hour with it sitting on the jjp logo. So I just shut it off. Tried it again with a new drive and the old one and it just gives a crashed error like I posted above. Guess I’ll have to call them.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

It’s been sitting on the jersey jack logo

Motherboard starting splash screen.

Call Steve tomorrow.

LTG : )

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I went and grabbed a new flash drive as the one I was using might have been suspect. So I loaded the full install on it and it didn’t crash. It’s been sitting on the jersey jack logo now for about 15mins. Hope this is doing something fingers crossed. I do have a new ssd to try if this doesn’t work. Edit it’s been over an hour with it sitting on the jjp logo. So I just shut it off. Tried it again with a new drive and the old one and it just gives a crashed error like I posted above. Guess I’ll have to call them.

You could plug a keyboard into the motherboard and reboot, tapping F2 to access the BIOS settings and disable the JJP splash screen and reboot to see what's going on when the motherboard boot messages are visible...

Also, while you're in the BIOS settings screen, if you go to the hard drive section, it will tell you if it sees the SSD properly to eliminate that as an issue.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could plug a keyboard into the motherboard and reboot, tapping F2 to access the BIOS settings and disable the JJP splash screen and reboot to see what's going on when the motherboard boot messages are visible...
Also, while you're in the BIOS settings screen, if you go to the hard drive section, it will tell you if it sees the SSD properly to eliminate that as an issue.

They have the bios on lockdown with a password. Also I don’t have a number to reach anyone live. I really need to get someone on the phone.

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

They have the bios on lockdown with a password. Also I don’t have a number to reach anyone live. I really need to get someone on the phone.

PM me for the password.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PM me for the password.

I just sent it if he hasn't contacted you yet.

LTG : )

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Have you tried swapping sata cables or motherboard sata ports? Either of these could cause some issues.

#3963 4 years ago

Two things

I heard the best call out by far in this game. I went for the super skill shot by holding in the left flipper and I ended up getting the normal skill shot which of course awarded me nothing. Well in comes wonky saying YOU GET NOTHING! Now that was a damn good call out Joe

Other thing - I wish this game would use the camera more. I notice it takes a picture of me at the very beginning but for what reason?

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Two things
I heard the best call out by far in this game. I went for the super skill shot by holding in the left flipper and I ended up getting the normal skill shot which of course awarded me nothing. Well in comes wonky saying YOU GET NOTHING! Now that was a damn good call out Joe
Other thing - I wish this game would use the camera more. I notice it takes a picture of me at the very beginning but for what reason?

It snaps the photo when you shoot the camera ramp with the red LED flashing.

I wish it were more of an “event” too TBH, it always captures the worst pics

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It snaps the photo when you shoot the camera ramp with the red LED flashing.
I wish it were more of an “event” too TBH, it always captures the worst pics

Thanks. How do you light that red led and does it have any game/point impact? Doesn't seem like it

#3966 4 years ago

has anyone made a plastic to put on the right ramp?
I have an original one from JJP, but it's very big.

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

A few days ago Wonka was having ball issues, drains were taking too long to register, extra balls being kicked out. Reseated cables and it went away for a bit.
Playing Wonka tonight- same thing happened- this time investigated more and when either. Right flipper is pressed, activates Ball Jam and Trough 1 opto. Left flipper also does this.
Put it in switch test and took a video- all switches are active- inc Ball jam. Fire a ball and switches cycle down- but ball Jam stays on.
ltg do I need new set of Trough boards!?[quoted image]

Dave, did you try re-flowing the solder joints on the boards? But also get a set from Phil.

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

This happens for me with the Kid Multiball switch from time to time.

Because I am garbage at making that shot.

I was too for ever. It's the extreme tip of the right flipper, rolling down from the right inlane.
Do NOT flip the left flipper!!!!

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I was too for ever. It's the extreme tip of the right flipper, rolling down from the right inlane.
Do NOT flip the left flipper!!!!

This is one of the things that make this game great.You have a mixture of easy to hard shots.I find it easier to hit kid shot by going up factory ramp and catch the momentum.The Wonka saucer shot is tough because it’s skinny and way up playfield

#3970 4 years ago

What is the vote for the best topper for WW? Im not overly impressed with the two ive seen offered, JJP and the Tilt topper.

Anyone know if Laseriffic is looking to make one or anyone else?

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the vote for the best topper for WW? Im not overly impressed with the two ive seen offered, JJP and the Tilt topper.

Having seen most that are offered the LE animated one JJP offers is by far the best and theme correct. Well built and a fair price for what is offered.

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I feel the same I think the one you can buy from Jack is better ,but I’m still holding out for a badass Wonkatania floating down a chocolate river.Well maybe a 3D boat that rocks with led lighting

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I feel the same I think the one you can buy from Jack is better ,but I’m still holding out for a badass Wonkatania floating down a chocolate river.Well maybe a 3D boat that rocks with led lighting

I even like what that one guy on here had, just said WONKA in changing colors. Was a slot machine topper.

For some reason im just not thrilled with the others ive seen. the JJP one is ok but for $300?? Why is it $300? lol

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I even like what that one guy on here had, just said WONKA in changing colors. Was a slot machine topper.
For some reason im just not thrilled with the others ive seen. the JJP one is ok but for $300?? Why is it $300? lol

Well U guess you could be needing a Stern Star Wars topper for $750!

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well U guess you could be needing a Stern Star Wars topper for $750!

Wow really? Thats what they go for?? Thats insane.

#3976 4 years ago

So, I decided to turn on very easy mode on the rules so I could enjoy the wizard modes more. I got all five golden tickets and played Most Secret Machine and Pure Imagination getting my score up to over 17mil. I loved Most Secret Machine so much. I don’t want to spoil it for others, but it was truly unique and so much fun. The music was a bit odd though. Pure Imagination gave me chills when it started, but ended way too soon. I wish it had a much longer ball save so I could get a chance to really enjoy it. It’s so hard to get to and ends way too quickly.

I would really love a flipper code that would let me start the game in a wizard mode and see which player could get the highest score with 3 balls. Similar to how the new Ghostbusters code allows you to play Are You a God. For home use, that would be amazing.

Now that I’ve gotten all five tickets on very easy settings, I’m going to turn the difficulty up to easy mode and work at it until I get all five at that difficulty level. Once I get it there, I’ll put it back to the default settings.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Have you bought many toppers?? $300 shipped is on the Low price for a topper unless its one of those acrylic sign pieces. This one is well built, theme correct, animated light show, and plug and play with mounting hardware. Far from what I have seen with any other offering.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have you bought many toppers?? $300 shipped is on the Low price for a topper unless its one of those acrylic sign pieces. This one is well built, theme correct, animated light show, and plug and play with mounting hardware. Far from what I have seen with any other offering.

I have three machines and they all have toppers. None of them cost close to $300.

GB - Laseriffic
WOZ - Flame Pot topper
TWD - Modfather topper

Edit - the JJP topper for this machine looks like an acrylic sign piece. It has some blinking LEDs behind the waterfall and thats it essentially. Not seeing how that is costs $300..

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Melissa at Cointaker said at the Chicago Expo that Laseriffic was waiting on license approval for theirs. But maybe that is the waterfall one sold by JJP. I don't know who makes the JJP one.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

has anyone made a plastic to put on the right ramp?
I have an original one from JJP, but it's very big.

https://pu-parts.com/willy-wonka-rampen-plastik

#3981 4 years ago

Funny thing ive noticed, perhaps you guys can tell me...

Looking through pictures of the playfield, I noticed that the inserts leading to the "newtown ball", some say Collect Kid and some show Collect Brat..

Why are these different?

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Looking through pictures of the playfield, I noticed that the inserts leading to the "newtown ball", some say Collect Kid and some show Collect Brat..
Why are these different?

Brat was on the prototype that wasn't approved by the licensee

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Which is something I'll never understand... "Brat" was a central word to the entire theme of the book... Oh well...

Jeff

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Too bad. Brat is much better there than kid..

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why are these different?

The family who ok everthing Wonka made JJP change it from brat to kid.I believe it’s the Dhal folks who own rights

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The family who ok everthing Wonka made JJP change it from brat to kid.I believe it’s the Dhal folks who own rights

Really one of the more ironical right's holder action I've ever heard. Seems very contrary to one of the major themes of the book being that the parents coddled their kids into becoming monsters. Now the right holder falls prey to the same political correct trap where we can't even call these special angels brats? Seems like the Dahl folks are poor stewards of the license.

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Really one of the more ironical right's holder action I've ever heard. Seems very contrary to one of the major themes of the book being that the parents coddled their kids into becoming monsters. Now the right holder falls prey to the same political correct trap where we can't even call these special angels brats? Seems like the Dahl folks are poor stewards of the license.

You are correct wise one!Brat multiball was what JJP wanted too

#3988 4 years ago

The whole movie is based around how these children have bad habbits and how one should not act, followed up with an Oompa Loompa song driving home the message even further. Augustus eats too much, Veruca is spoiled, Violet's chewing of gum (was looked upon at the time as a very bad habit), Mike Teevee watching too much tv... And all these things did in fact make them brats...

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Obviously not a big deal -- just weird.

On the game front, I find the more I play this game on location the more I appreciate it. A fun shooting machine with a good theme (my super hot take).

#3990 4 years ago

Obviously not a big deal -- just weird.
On the game front, I find the more I play this game on location the more I appreciate it. A fun shooting machine with a good theme (my super hot take).

A whole lot of fun to walk out to my garage and play it numerous times daily!

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

But Charlie's not a brat.

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

But Charlie's not a brat.

He stole fizzy-lifting drink, but he may have been egged on to do it from his welfare-loafing "cripple" of a grandpa.

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got ahold of Steve this morning and he is sending me a new drive. I poked around in the bios this evening and the drive is recognized and everything else looks normal. Will check back in when the drive gets here. Thanks all for the help.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Too bad. Brat is much better there than kid..

Even Rascal Multiball, Unruly Multiball, Wild Child Multiball...any of those would have had a better ring to it than "Kid Multiball."

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even Rascal Multiball, Unruly Multiball, Wild Child Multiball...any of those would have had a better ring to it than "Kid Multiball."

Really not that big of a deal man!

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Really not that big of a deal man!

I didn't say it was. It's just that I find it hard to believe that they ran through all the possible alternatives to Brat and the licensee would only take "Kid," which sounds dumb.

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't say it was. It's just that I find it hard to believe that they ran through all the possible alternatives to Brat and the licensee would only take "Kid," which sounds dumb.

Still not that big of a deal!

#3998 4 years ago

Still, gotta love the font work on "Brat." What could have been!

IMG_0837 (resized).jpgIMG_0837 (resized).jpg
#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

.The Wonka saucer shot is tough because it’s skinny and way up playfield

this shot is nearly identical to width and location of the ball lock/extra ball shot on Twilight zone. Lawlor to blame. Since I own a TZ, I'm pretty good at that shot, and can also make it on Wonka.

#4000 4 years ago

thanks for the info, but I will not pay 13 euro shipping for a 15 euro plastic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/80?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.