IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 278.
#301 4 years ago

I just found out someone from my league will have access to a Wonka next week. Feeling a bit jealous. I wont see him again until May to pick his brain though.

#302 4 years ago

WW = Whirlwind

I sure hope the community goes with "Wonka" for this one...

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

WW = Whirlwind
I sure hope the community goes with "Wonka" for this one...

Agreed but it will probably end up being WWCF just to make it harder for everyone.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Agreed but it will probably end up being WWCF just to make it harder for everyone.

Whenever I see WWCF I think it's a wrestling pin.

#305 4 years ago

I am going to refer to it as WONKA regardless of what the "community " , whoever that is , calls it. It just makes the most sense.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Any clarification on that would be awesome. I would love to put a few plays in on a prototype. What lucky locations get to host those early machines?
I myself am in on a CE. My biggest question is the art package since we have not seen it yet. I am hoping it has something more attractive to the theme with a chocolate river similar to WOZ. There is nothing wrong with the standard art package, but the CE should step things up a notch, and more so that just glitter on the same art package.

Sorry, what I meant is that some of the locations close to Brady have ordered Wonka machines. The prototypes all went back to Chicago to be used for programming and then dispersed for the other shows coming up in the next few weeks

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I am going to refer to it as WONKA regardless of what the "community " , whoever that is , calls it. It just makes the most sense.

The community has chosen Wonka. Gary is just very busy with life and hasn't been paying attention to the ways of pinside.

#308 4 years ago

+1 for WONKA

Also, anyone thinking of cool topper options out there? I'm in on an LE, and not crazy about the CE topper look (POTC CE topper is bananas). Maybe a Wonka bar, golden ticket, or something more candy looking than people?

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

+1 for WONKA
Also, anyone thinking of cool topper options out there? I'm in on an LE, and not crazy about the CE topper look (POTC CE topper is bananas). Maybe a Wonka bar, golden ticket, or something more candy looking than people?

i am hoping the CE topper is something more elaborate than it looks like in the pictures.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

We are taking preorders for all WW models.

They are remaking WhirlWind?
I am so in on this!

#311 4 years ago

I am going to make an observation - there are two groups of people right now - those who have played the game, and those that haven't.

Group that has played the pin - it seems like a majority of them love the pin or really like the pin, and think it's great, and likely even ordered one.

Group that has not played the pin - a majority of them do not like the pin, based upon what they saw on a stream or video.

To me, this I think illustrates that this pin needs to be played to enjoy and understand and really get a feel for the kind of pin that it is. There is a lot that is lost in translation watching online vs playing in person. The wonkavision is pretty cool in person, it's a fun effect that you can't feel or get when you watch it online. Same goes for several other aspects of the game like the gobstopper and gobblehole, etc. The code that is there is fun, but it's only 60% done. I think once we see release code, it's going to fill in gaps for things like callouts, video/audio clips, theme integration, music and sounds, etc. The LED lights and shows, and those tiny little "candy" LEDs are amazing. When you get into certain modes and they light up and do their LED dance, it's so awesome in person. I watched the videos after I got home from MGC and the game does look underwhelming on video. I totally get why people were not impressed. So many of these things on video looked meh while in person were amazing.

I think a fair number of people who cancelled their pre order based upon what they saw online will change their minds once they play it and will order the game. That's my opinion anyways, and I think once the initial anger dies down people are going to give it a second look and play it and their mind will change.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

CE comes with a lifetime supply of chocolate.

...and diabetes.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The LED lights and shows, and those tiny little "candy" LEDs are amazing. When you get into certain modes and they light up and do their LED dance, it's so awesome in person.

Whoever it is at JJP that is coding the sweeps in these lighting arrays is getting really good at it. There would be a sweep of lights for a second or two on all inserts toward or away from some target that you hit during game play, then they return back to normal. That's adding a classy touch to it.

#314 4 years ago

According to Pinballomatic there will be a Wonka stream by JJP on Friday April 19 at 3pm central time on https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

#315 4 years ago

Hog bog Eric is posting it all around wonka threads now too

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The prototypes all went back to Chicago to be used for programming and then dispersed for the other shows coming up in the next few weeks

I wish they'd send me one so I can start learning it for tech support.

LTG : )

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What is that you say LTG?

I said the sooner I have a game the sooner I can learn and get familiar with it before tech calls start coming in. Once they start showing them I'm supposed to get one. So the sooner the better.

Lloyd

#319 4 years ago

Those tech support fellas need their games asap! They're invaluable to us.

#320 4 years ago

Sarcasm is lost on you
I want one too

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am going to make an observation - there are two groups of people right now - those who have played the game, and those that haven't.
Group that has played the pin - it seems like a majority of them love the pin or really like the pin, and think it's great, and likely even ordered one.
Group that has not played the pin - a majority of them do not like the pin, based upon what they saw on a stream or video.
To me, this I think illustrates that this pin needs to be played to enjoy and understand and really get a feel for the kind of pin that it is. There is a lot that is lost in translation watching online vs playing in person. The wonkavision is pretty cool in person, it's a fun effect that you can't feel or get when you watch it online. Same goes for several other aspects of the game like the gobstopper and gobblehole, etc. The code that is there is fun, but it's only 60% done. I think once we see release code, it's going to fill in gaps for things like callouts, video/audio clips, theme integration, music and sounds, etc. The LED lights and shows, and those tiny little "candy" LEDs are amazing. When you get into certain modes and they light up and do their LED dance, it's so awesome in person. I watched the videos after I got home from MGC and the game does look underwhelming on video. I totally get why people were not impressed. So many of these things on video looked meh while in person were amazing.
I think a fair number of people who cancelled their pre order based upon what they saw online will change their minds once they play it and will order the game. That's my opinion anyways, and I think once the initial anger dies down people are going to give it a second look and play it and their mind will change.

Did you get to play the SE ? If so, what was your assessment vs. the LE with the Wonkavator?

#322 4 years ago

I'm in for a SE! Chris from Kingpin is a pleasure to work with. I may wait a few months for a few hundred to roll off the line first to be sure the kinks have been worked out, but then again I might not? This will be my first NIB pin. I've traditionally been an arcade guy.

EDIT: I can comment on the post above.

Quoted from Budman:

Did you get to play the SE ? If so, what was your assessment vs. the LE with the Wonkavator?

I put about 2 hours and 100 games in on the LE during the MGC Saturday night VIP afterparty, and I can tell you that I only got the Super Ball Lock to light up three times, and never made a shot into it. I'm just not that good of a pin player yet

That said, I'm really not going to miss the Wonkavator mech. Should I ever become a good enough player to use it, it's still virtually emulated in the game code on the SE anyway, so we're good.

Apart from what others are saying about the SE artwork, I actually like it better. It has a more "plain" or "uniform" look to it. Just the game title in larger than life font. Works for me. I've never been a big fan of busy, packed artwork. Sometimes less is more. Besides, it'll get sandwiched between games in most cases any way.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I'll be honest, I didn't bother with the SE as I knew I was getting an LE.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In the works, signed by cast members. Not for sure yet though.

I'm all in for the CE if it's signed by the cast members! That would be really awesome. But according to JJP's website, the apron plate will be signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi. Hopefully it'll be signed by the designers and the cast members? Hehehe.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 9.32.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-17 at 9.32.34 PM (resized).png

#325 4 years ago

Man I REALLY want multi-colored balls (gobstopper) balls to be a thing!!

I don't even need them to be interactive, I just think they would look cool!

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Man I REALLY want multi-colored balls (gobstopper) balls to be a thing!!

I asked Eric about that. Currently there isn't a good technically sound way to detect the color on the pinballs reliably - for the colors to be interactive with the game. The TZ powerball is detected by a device that checks if the ball can be attracted to a magnet. The TZ powerball is ceramic so it does not attract to the magnet and that is how it is detected in the game at launch. I thought that was interesting.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I'm all in for the CE if it's signed by the cast members! That would be really awesome. But according to JJP's website, the apron plate will be signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi. Hopefully it'll be signed by the designers and the cast members? Hehehe.
[quoted image]

It sounded like they were working on getting the cast members to sign it, but haven't finished that deal yet. It might not happen, but it also might happen. We'll see later this summer when they start shipping.

#328 4 years ago

I am in for a CE - my first JJP....
Dream theme for the whole family.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

It sounded like they were working on getting the cast members to sign it, but haven't finished that deal yet. It might not happen, but it also might happen. We'll see later this summer when they start shipping.

Pintastic is working on it!

#330 4 years ago

I am very interested in an SE and this would be my first JJP. Very excited. However in a couple of the other threads it is written about skipping the early run machines due to lack of quality. Is this truly a concern on JJP#5? Would it be silly to buy early?

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I am very interested in an SE and this would be my first JJP. Very excited. However in a couple of the other threads it is written about skipping the early run machines die to lack of quality. Is this truly a concern on JJP#5? Would it be silly to buy early?

Hard to know. I bought an early DI, July 2017, and had very few issues.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I am very interested in an SE and this would be my first JJP. Very excited. However in a couple of the other threads it is written about skipping the early run machines due to lack of quality. Is this truly a concern on JJP#5? Would it be silly to buy early?

I own RRWoZ #25 so it’s an early build. I’ve had a couple small things that were pretty easily managed with assistance from the wonderful people on here as well as JJP tech support (thx Lloyd!). I have ZERO doubt about a new, early issue Wonka and that is why I’ve already dropped a deposit. JJP makes amazing machines and has the support to back it up. Even if that were to fail, there are so many excellent people on pinside that are willing to help. Go for it amigo! If it speaks to you, do it.

#333 4 years ago

It totally speaks to me!

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Currently there isn't a good technically sound way to detect the color on the pinballs reliably - for the colors to be interactive with the game.

Was at a mini golf place and they had a way of detecting the color on the golf balls as they returned and sorting them into the right tubes.

If JJP can detect if someone is making an inappropriate gesture in a photo, seems like detecting the color of a ball would be trivial.

Probably much harder to find a durable colored pinball.

#335 4 years ago

I have to tell you that I tried using blue globalls in my POTC, green in my AFMR, and Orange in my MBR. I had to remove all of them and go back to standard chrome pinballs because of various problems such as balls not launching correctly, not ejecting from VUK 's, and flying off the wireform ramps. The problems seem to be weight differences from standard pinballs and optos not seeing the ball because of color/reflective issues. Whatever the reasons, they just were not usable in my machines. Best of luck to you if you give them a try. They did look great.

#336 4 years ago

Anyone know if WW is going to be at the Golden State Pinball Festival?

Jeff

#337 4 years ago

Did any of the games at the reveal not have the wonkavator, as the SE will not? I'm in on SE and wanted to make sure it wasn't a huge feature that will be missing, besides the whole physical lock. I know the lighting in the corner will be less.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did any of the games at the reveal not have the wonkavator, as the SE will not? I'm in on SE and wanted to make sure it wasn't a huge feature that will be missing, besides the whole physical lock. I know the lighting in the corner will be less.

I know that a few people got a wonkavator lock, didn't see one happen myself, probably one on a stream. No one that I saw playing got the wonkavator multiball. It's something that you won't see very often unless you play with some really good players ... or unless new code makes it easier.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Yes, there was a se in the line up at mgc. It was the left most game under the truss.

#340 4 years ago

Don't forget today https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive
7cdf6ec18d3d0d2f2272f43ab5dc04a1f0944e47.png (resized).jpg7cdf6ec18d3d0d2f2272f43ab5dc04a1f0944e47.png (resized).jpg

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I know that a few people got a wonkavator lock, didn't see one happen myself, probably one on a stream. No one that I saw playing got the wonkavator multiball. It's something that you won't see very often unless you play with some really good players ... or unless new code makes it easier.

There were a few Wonkavator multiballs from the live stream on Buffalo Pinball if you would like to see it in action, but I don't have a timestamp readily available.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

There were a few Wonkavator multiballs from the live stream on Buffalo Pinball if you would like to see it in action, but I don't have a timestamp readily available.

JJP Live is on their first game on stream right now, and just got a wonkavator ball lock. They aren't super difficult or anything, people just didn't know how to do them I think.

#343 4 years ago

They've got their camera set up pretty poorly. Does NOT show the playfield well. Hopefully they will move it because it's not really worth the watch as is.

#344 4 years ago

Re-posting for the Wonka Club. You can watch the recent stream replay here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/413508090

I'm still all in on a CE! The more details I start to see, the more I want it. Great insights on a lot of the forum questions can be caught in the chat as they answer questions.

CE viewing coming soon!

#345 4 years ago

Also, another reveal was that there is no story mode incorporated into the game play. I saw that discussion come up in the forums. JJP responded it is more about exploring how to find the Golden Tickets.

#346 4 years ago

Watched most of the stream today, and definitely gaining excitement to play, potentially own a CE...Well done!!!

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Watched most of the stream today, and definitely gaining excitement to play, potentially own a CE...Well done!!!

“Potentially”

#348 4 years ago

I have aready started on my mods. Printing a everlasting gobstopper for my machine!

image001 (resized).jpgimage001 (resized).jpg
#349 4 years ago

I’m sure someone here knows the best way to clean Invisiglass?

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’m sure someone here knows the best way to clean Invisiglass?

I use Sprayway glass cleaner in a spray can. Spray on a microfiber cloth, then wipe the glass down.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/7?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.