IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 280.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im sure you have, but have you had fair time with an LE with wonkavator?
Back when I first started getting into the hobby, I bought my first machines, TWD Pro. I later regretted not getting the Premium as I felt I was missing out on some cool stuff... I said I would never make that mistake again. Year or so later, bought a GB Premium and never regretted it.
Now im back to the decision haha. My fear of missing out is my issue ha. But I agree, the jump in price is what is making this so hard.

Not to complicate things but based on what I've seen on pinside from you (this and other threads), you're going to regret not getting the LE. If you were someone that was penny pinching, sure but the upgrades are nice and you might really enjoy it and then say, I wish I had the full wonka experience. Technically the SE doesn't and that's fine but if you're 7k deep already, that might be a regret. Again - I think the SE is the better value no question but I'm not sure you're in the value game when enjoying your pinball - you seem to be more in it for the experience and just the powder alone, makes the game look much nicer and that's when it's turned off haha.

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not to complicate things but based on what I've seen on pinside from you (this and other threads), you're going to regret not getting the LE. If you were someone that was penny pinching, sure but the upgrades are nice and you might really enjoy it and then say, I wish I had the full wonka experience. Technically the SE doesn't and that's fine but if you're 7k deep already, that might be a regret. Again - I think the SE is the better value no question but I'm not sure you're in the value game when enjoying your pinball - you seem to be more in it for the experience and just the powder alone, makes the game look much nicer and that's when it's turned off haha.

Well you are correct, and that is the other side of it thinking, im already spending 7k, might as well take the full jump in.

Thanks for making this that much harder

#3903 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm not sure I would say a fair time, but I've played it at shows, last time was in October at expo. Don't get me wrong, the Wonkavator is a cool feature and I like it, but I don't feel the need to have it and for me the price gap is simply too much on this one. The SE plays very well. If the price was $1000 between the models, I'd likely get the LE for the wonkavator, glass, shaker and whatever else you get (powder coating maybe). DILE and DI standard were $1000 apart and it was worth it to get the LE for the ramp lights, powder coating, glass and other things.

Perfect accessment,this is what I did in both cases.DILE & WWSE

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To someone who played Willy SE and LE on location. My recent LE purchase was a no brainer. I look at buying a pinball machine like buying a car. Cars have different options/trims/models. After while of owning your lower-end car that doesn't have certain features, that would be nice to have, you start to think if you would of paid a bit more for something nice to have later. I know this because I think that about my car. Haha. So between getting an SE and LE, there was no option.

#3905 4 years ago

Heres a question that im sure is debatable..

Would an LE model hold value better than an SE? Obviously the LE has only "x" amount made... Granted, this is a machine that I will most likely own forever as its a dream theme for me, but god forbid I needed the money for some reason..

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well you are correct, and that is the other side of it thinking, im already spending 7k, might as well take the full jump in.
Thanks for making this that much harder

If you're buying it to learn it, have fun with it, then move along to the next greatest pin before the year is up, the SE is probably adequate. If you think this might be a keeper for a long time, you likely wont regret getting the LE. Like delt31 said, if you are the type that likes all of the play field bells, whistles, bling and toys, go with the LE. If you're penny pinching, the SE is a good runner up.

#3907 4 years ago

What Homer and Delt say is true.
If you have the cash to get the LE then get it.

#3908 4 years ago

No doubt about it. I was originally in on a CE but it became harder to justify the added cost, especially after the topper for the CE was changed. I bought the LE and I also bought the recently released JJP topper for it and I am really glad I did. I believe the Topper is the one that was originally intended for the CE and it works and compliments the LE perfectly. The LE's game play is great and I like that I won't have to look back and say I should/could had the Wonkavator, the Invisglass, the shaker, the blue powder coated trim, etc. Any version of WONKA will be a solid choice but I don't think you will have any regrets if you go for the LE (SE missing features, CE a bit over priced). Full disclosure; I am a confirmed buyer of JJP LE's (no DI though) as you can see in my pictures but I also have Sterns, CGC's, and AP games so I do 'play the field'. They are all good but some are a bit better. Good luck in making your decision.

20200117_094110 (resized).jpg20200117_094110 (resized).jpg20200117_094015 (resized).jpg20200117_094015 (resized).jpg
#3909 4 years ago

Game froze up on me this evening. Won’t boot up at all. Opened it up and plugged a keyboard in as it was asking to boot to a drive. I think this drive is hosed. I can’t get into the bios cause it’s locked to see if the computer even sees the drive. Anyone can pm me a number to a real live person at jjp that be great. Thanks.

3AB39D88-3A9C-4321-BC40-B66F1F86E9D9 (resized).jpeg3AB39D88-3A9C-4321-BC40-B66F1F86E9D9 (resized).jpeg
#3910 4 years ago

Tried reinstalling the software and got this. Maybe hosed drive ?

821D9BA1-6ADC-4D3F-A2F3-62920995E1EB (resized).jpeg821D9BA1-6ADC-4D3F-A2F3-62920995E1EB (resized).jpeg
#3911 4 years ago

Here is a quick wordy video I did.

#3912 4 years ago

I would check the SATA cable at both the drive and the motherboard. Try switching sata ports on the motherboard. Possibly swap sata cables if you have a spare.

If you suspect the drive itself then run to frys or best buy and grab the smallest and cheapest ssd drive they have (best buy had 120gb for $20 not too long ago. These are standard ssd drives. I replaced one in a customer's potc before Christmas that had a similar issue.

#3913 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

SE owner here. ZERO regrets. I added my own upgrades and I have everything I want.

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

SE owner here. ZERO regrets. I added my own upgrades and I have everything I want.

sure. SE is a great option for certain people. It’s a GREAT value.

#3915 4 years ago

Do we know if CE owners get a printed Manual?

Thanks

#3916 4 years ago

topper was a bit too bright for me, I put some color film on it.

9C325CB4-AA1E-416F-817E-D5D62FC31DD6 (resized).jpeg9C325CB4-AA1E-416F-817E-D5D62FC31DD6 (resized).jpegA8AC11D4-39E1-46B9-87DA-E8C581405CFC (resized).jpegA8AC11D4-39E1-46B9-87DA-E8C581405CFC (resized).jpegEF786878-EE05-4652-9DC2-83223AA11573 (resized).jpegEF786878-EE05-4652-9DC2-83223AA11573 (resized).jpeg
#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

topper was a bit too bright for me, I put some color film on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a short video of topper in dark room?Im thinking of getting one for my SE

#3918 4 years ago

With proper upgrades the SE feels complete even without Wonkavator
1.Shaker Motor
2.Backboard lighting kit
3.Wonkvator mod

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly right. If the game hasn't heard from a specific switch in a while, it will start to flag it as potentially broken.
Play better

This happens for me with the Kid Multiball switch from time to time.

Because I am garbage at making that shot.

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Here is a quick wordy video I did.

You're not the only one who got this message.

I recently got my LE from a shipper in Florida. The first time I booted the machine up I had no issue, no warning messages. Then I shut it down for the night and turned it on the next day. It was showing me that first message you're getting "GNU GRUB version 2.02". I didn't touch a thing because I was curious to know what would happen if it counted down to launch Ubuntu. After the countdown it booted into the game. It's still doing it currently, however I let it boot into Ubuntu and it boots up.

Errors like this in tech field are usually software related with hard drive not recognizing the operating system. Knowing you did a full restore on the game makes me a little worried it's something different.

Please keep us informed. Thank you!

#3921 4 years ago

I agree. Add up the individual things you get on the se vs the le and then you can calculate what the wonkavator is really costing you. Powder coat ~$200-400, shaker $79, invisiglass $300, external sound $35. We are talking roughly $1200-$1400 for the wonkavator. Totally respect the fact that people like the LE and want the wonkavator, but for me, it made little sense as I don’t feel it adds that much to gameplay overall. it’s not about penny pinching or affordability, I am an le and premium buyer mostly. They should have done what they did on DI LE with a $1000 difference, or offered more for the LE buyers, like different code or sound package, or a topper. Or truly made the LE limited, not make 5000 of them.

#3922 4 years ago

Wonka topper brought to you by a parted out William's slot machine. I made the top color changing and working on something interactive with the mode if I can. $250 total investment.

Finally installed our shooter rod and used a second one at the gobstopper kick out hole.

20200114_194943 (resized).jpg20200114_194943 (resized).jpg20200114_194606 (resized).jpg20200114_194606 (resized).jpg20200114_194551 (resized).jpg20200114_194551 (resized).jpg
#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you have a short video of topper in dark room?Im thinking of getting one for my SE

Unfortunately I don't have an old video, in the original it is much brighter than the pictures show.
A few leds scroll in the waterfall, not a particularly big effect.
The brightness is very disturbing, and all colors are washed out.
The topper no longer dazzles with the film and the colors are strong.

The second picture is with Color foil

Video with foil.

0C4A470C-98B0-4097-B8A7-E0DF6A0044C5 (resized).jpeg0C4A470C-98B0-4097-B8A7-E0DF6A0044C5 (resized).jpegD4DC221F-8774-429B-A173-3E5DEFF5801B (resized).jpegD4DC221F-8774-429B-A173-3E5DEFF5801B (resized).jpeg
#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I would check the SATA cable at both the drive and the motherboard. Try switching sata ports on the motherboard. Possibly swap sata cables if you have a spare.
If you suspect the drive itself then run to frys or best buy and grab the smallest and cheapest ssd drive they have (best buy had 120gb for $20 not too long ago. These are standard ssd drives. I replaced one in a customer's potc before Christmas that had a similar issue.

Ya I have a brand new older style drive that I tried. I plugged it in and then put the full install usb in and got the same thing. Something else might be going on. If I let it count down it just crashes so if yours is doing this it’s not good. If I bought a new ssd how do I get the software on it?

#3925 4 years ago

Not to change subject but

And then I choked,don’t look at score just keep shooting!Wonka is a fun shooter for sure

23F1D27F-9D16-4AF6-ABCF-9F9A64026951 (resized).jpeg23F1D27F-9D16-4AF6-ABCF-9F9A64026951 (resized).jpegF720F3F2-8A27-4571-AD14-4E84C92324ED (resized).jpegF720F3F2-8A27-4571-AD14-4E84C92324ED (resized).jpeg
#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

If I bought a new ssd how do I get the software on it?

Install the SSD in the game.

Then do a full install of 1.31 . Follow full install directions to put on USB stick and then into game.

LTG : )

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Do we know if CE owners get a printed Manual?

No. I don't believe they will be available either.

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not to change subject but
And then I choked,don’t look at score just keep shooting!Wonka is a fun shooter for sure[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing score! Any golden tickets?

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Amazing score! Any golden tickets?

I think 3, 250 Wonka bars with 8x multiplier for most of game
Game set on factory settings no settings made easier,I usually get a couple million regular
But than every now and then I'll do this

#3930 4 years ago

Wonka office is too easy hit one target soon enough and it’s over

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka office is too easy hit one target soon enough and it’s over

Never gotten there

#3932 4 years ago

Se is a great value and offers most everything but I knew it was a keeper so I wanted the beautiful le with the full game. Yea you can add lightning and a wonkavator toy but it's still not the same and the game does play fundamentally different in some cases and I'll gladly keep the ball out of those pops as much as possible. Plus alot of lighting is in that area that really adds to the beautiful lightshows. Also I'd rather have the powder coating done so I dont have to take everything apart and have my game down for a little while. Also look for a huo le like I did and save 1000- 1500 over nib +shipping cost then its definitely worth it over the se. I also got lots of awesome mods allready on my game that probably saved me another 600. My advice is if you think it's a keeper pin get the le and enjoy its beauty and everything it offers. Both seem to lose about the same on the used market so if u do need to sell there's that. Good luck and I'm sure whatever you choose u will be happy with.

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I have a brand new older style drive that I tried. I plugged it in and then put the full install usb in and got the same thing. Something else might be going on. If I let it count down it just crashes so if yours is doing this it’s not good. If I bought a new ssd how do I get the software on it?

Quoted from LTG:

Then do a full install of 1.31 . Follow full install directions to put on USB stick and then into game.

Yeah, like llyod said, install the new drive (I would try a different sata port on motherboard also (and a different cable if you can).

The game doesnt know the difference between the factory drive or a new drive. As long as the motherboard "sees" the drive (and only one) it will load the software onto that drive.

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:Wonka office is too easy hit one target soon enough and it’s over

Takes 3 shots minimum. Plus you can keep building up the jackpot if you don't finish it out. Up to you how far you wanna build it up and cash out. More of a risk vs reward type mode.

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Se is a great value and offers most everything but I knew it was a keeper so I wanted the beautiful le with the full game. Yea you can add lightning and a wonkavator toy but it's still not the same and the game does play fundamentally different in some cases and I'll gladly keep the ball out of those pops as much as possible. Plus alot of lighting is in that area that really adds to the beautiful lightshows. Also I'd rather have the powder coating done so I dont have to take everything apart and have my game down for a little while. Also look for a huo le like I did and save 1000- 1500 over nib +shipping cost then its definitely worth it over the se. I also got lots of awesome mods allready on my game that probably saved me another 600. My advice is if you think it's a keeper pin get the le and enjoy its beauty and everything it offers. Both seem to lose about the same on the used market so if u do need to sell there's that. Good luck and I'm sure whatever you choose u will be happy with.

To add to this when the ball goes into the wonkavator you then get a new ball safely put into the shooter lane for another skill shot chance and or a chance to get whatever is lit there.... instead of going into the pop bumper area. So as you can see the wonkavator does add to the overall game experience and changes things a fair amount In many cases.

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Takes 3 shots minimum. Plus you can keep building up the jackpot if you don't finish it out. Up to you how far you wanna build it up and cash out. More of a risk vs reward type mode.

What’s your strategy for high score or collecting golden tickets?

#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

if you got a huo le for $8-$8.5, that’s a great deal and suggests LEs are not holding value very well. If I could have bought an LE for that price, I would have, you did well. I think the SE go for around 7-7300.

#3938 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

if you got a huo le for $8-$8.5, that’s a great deal and suggests LEs are not holding value very well. If I could have bought an LE for that price, I would have, you did well. I think the SE go for around 7-7300.

Most people are paying 9500le and 7500se.. plus shipping and possible tax. Used se are around 6500 or so and le have been 8500 or so. So both have lost around the same on the used market however not many have been for sale..which is a good thing and says that most like the game. And yes I'm happy with the deal I got especially bc it had a bunch of nice mods that I probably wld not have purchased otherwise. Regardless all wonka versions are very fun to play and it's my favorite pin.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What’s your strategy for high score or collecting golden tickets?

High scores I try build up my wonka bars on ball one and start a bunch of multiballs together. Golden tickets are difficult and you really need to focus on getting them in the mb. Most I've gotten was 3 and it usually just happens with my high score strategy once every 50 games or so lol. I mostly just play/shoot to have fun and stuff starts happening lol.

#3940 4 years ago

A few days ago Wonka was having ball issues, drains were taking too long to register, extra balls being kicked out. Reseated cables and it went away for a bit.
Playing Wonka tonight- same thing happened- this time investigated more and when either. Right flipper is pressed, activates Ball Jam and Trough 1 opto. Left flipper also does this.

Put it in switch test and took a video- all switches are active- inc Ball jam. Fire a ball and switches cycle down- but ball Jam stays on.

LTG do I need new set of Trough boards!?

90DBB86E-FF16-47A6-A782-44F93CEE7119 (resized).jpeg90DBB86E-FF16-47A6-A782-44F93CEE7119 (resized).jpeg
#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had a brand new drive that I tried, it’s not a ssd but I got the same results when trying to load the full install on it. Does it have to be a ssd I don’t want to go out and buy another and get the same results.

0FA0D964-5D82-4D53-B80A-99FF111DDBCF (resized).jpeg0FA0D964-5D82-4D53-B80A-99FF111DDBCF (resized).jpeg
#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

High scores I try build up my wonka bars on ball one and start a bunch of multiballs together. Golden tickets are difficult and you really need to focus on getting them in the mb. Most I've gotten was 3 and it usually just happens with my high score strategy once every 50 games or so lol. I mostly just play/shoot to have fun and stuff starts happening lol.

That’s kind of a mirror image to the way I approach it too.Whats you HS?

#3943 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

do I need new set of Trough boards!?

Sounds like it.

#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I had a brand new drive that I tried, it’s not a ssd but I got the same results when trying to load the full install on it. Does it have to be a ssd I don’t want to go out and buy another and get the same results.

I'm sorry I don't know.

Best call Steve and ask. Or email Butch.

#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I had a brand new drive that I tried, it’s not a ssd but I got the same results when trying to load the full install on it. Does it have to be a ssd I don’t want to go out and buy another and get the same results.[quoted image]

I'm not sure if a new SSD works.
if you read point 10 here,

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/sw/beta/jjp_wifi_beta_terms_conditions.pdf

then it does not work so easily with the new installation and you need an New SSD from JJP.

I made an image with Arconis (Full Image Backup), the new SSD was not running.
That's why I didn't register for the update beta test, it was too dangerous for me.

No idea how JJP protects the SSD so that nobody can access it.

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im sure you have, but have you had fair time with an LE with wonkavator?
Back when I first started getting into the hobby, I bought my first machines, TWD Pro. I later regretted not getting the Premium as I felt I was missing out on some cool stuff... I said I would never make that mistake again. Year or so later, bought a GB Premium and never regretted it.
Now im back to the decision haha. My fear of missing out is my issue ha. But I agree, the jump in price is what is making this so hard.

The Wonkavator is my favorite thing on my LE, I didn't want to persuade myself not to like it just because it cost an extra $2K to get. I love hearing that bell chime while watching the balls roll out one at a time. I've already long forgotten about the extra $2K spent, but I still get the enjoyment of the Wonkavator to this day.

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I had a brand new drive that I tried, it’s not a ssd but I got the same results when trying to load the full install on it. Does it have to be a ssd I don’t want to go out and buy another and get the same results.[quoted image]

Have you tried changing sata ports on the motherboard? Do you have another sata cable to try?

It doesnt have to be a ssd, but it a standard drive might not be fast enough for the game.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I'm not sure if a new SSD works.
if you read point 10 here,
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/sw/beta/jjp_wifi_beta_terms_conditions.pdf
then it does not work so easily with the new installation and you need an New SSD from JJP.
I made an image with Arconis (Full Image Backup), the new SSD was not running.
That's why I didn't register for the update beta test, it was too dangerous for me.
No idea how JJP protects the SSD so that nobody can access it.

As far as I know, the software is encrypted, not the hardware. I had a customer with a bad potc le drive before Christmas. I pulled the potc ce drive from my game, installed it in his and it worked great. Then i stopped at best buy on my way home, grabbed the cheapest ssd they had ($20, 120gb), installed it my game, loaded the iso and have been playing flawlessly (the game, not me) ever since.

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s kind of a mirror image to the way I approach it too.Whats you HS?

Around 9 million... and over 300 wonka bars... had a 275 wonka bar game today and saw the ransom mode again which is pretty cool.

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

As far as I know, the software is encrypted, not the hardware. I had a customer with a bad potc le drive before Christmas. I pulled the potc ce drive from my game, installed it in his and it worked great. Then i stopped at best buy on my way home, grabbed the cheapest ssd they had ($20, 120gb), installed it my game, loaded the iso and have been playing flawlessly (the game, not me) ever since.

Did you have to format that new drive or did you just pop it in and do the usb install?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.