IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 279.
#3851 4 years ago

Only cliffys needed is for the switch slots where the wireforms drop the ball in the inlanes. Mylar in shooter lane is all that's needed there. The tv saucer don't need a cliffy due to way it's designed.

#3852 4 years ago

Anything else I should know about with this machine before looking to purchase? Any known problems or things to protect or tweak?

Thanks again for all the help.

#3853 4 years ago

And do LE models come with a topper?

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And do LE models come with a topper?

No.

LTG : )

#3855 4 years ago

Added Cliffy's to both internal left and right wireform drop lanes as cautionary extra protection. Even tho there was mylar already laid down in those areas for the CEs.

zaphX ordered the Cliffy's for both of us so I'll need him to call out which part number he ordered for Wonka.
ww-cliffy-left (resized).jpgww-cliffy-left (resized).jpgww-cliffy-right (resized).jpgww-cliffy-right (resized).jpg

#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

SE is a great value and as others said doesn't really justify going LE..... Until you actually see the LE in person and realize how much nicer it is.
Logical decision = SE but in this hobby when you're spending 7k+..... Now same can be said for CE but thankfully logic prevailed on that one for me as looks wise, it's not the same difference as the SE to LE jump.
Wonkavator lift off also has one of the rare video and audio sync... Which don't even get me started.... Just happy to have some. The lock itself is very generic but still cool to see and again lift off with the sounds video Shaker and lights is prob one of the best the game has that I've seen.
SE still the value play no question

For the SE version, is there a video of the wonkavator on the screen or is that only for the LE version?

#3857 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For the SE version, is there a video of the wonkavator on the screen or is that only for the LE version?

Yes when the third ball is virtually locked it triggers a badass video with audio just like the movie and than multiball is released.This is really cool with a shaker moter I feel is required

#3858 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes when the third ball is virtually locked it triggers a badass video with audio just like the movie and than multiball is released.This is really cool with a shaker moter I feel is required

Yes, I would definitely get a shaker motor.

Just going back and forth between the standard and LE but leaning more towards the standard. It seems that the wonkavator really isnt used all that much. Its cool, dont get me wrong but dont think the jump in price can justify it for me.

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, I would definitely get a shaker motor.
Just going back and forth between the standard and LE but leaning more towards the standard. It seems that the wonkavator really isnt used all that much. Its cool, dont get me wrong but dont think the jump in price can justify it for me.

The only thing you need besides a shaker motor is some additional lighting in back left corner.

#3860 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The only thing you need besides a shaker motor is some additional lighting in back left corner.

Id get that Wonkavator as well... Not sure how much that lights up the area. Need to see for myself. Can always add the RGB light strip if needed I suppose.

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id get that Wonkavator as well... Not sure how much that lights up the area. Need to see for myself. Can always add the RGB light strip if needed I suppose.

I have Lermods Wonkavator it doesn’t stay lit.It flashes and the prop turns which is really cool but it doesn’t put out any real light to that dark left hand corner.

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I have Lermods Wonkavator it doesn’t stay lit.It flashes and the prop turns which is really cool but it doesn’t put out any real light to that dark left hand corner.

What did you do to light up that area?

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What did you do to light up that area?

Can’t remember right now but it’s cool because it change color along with playfield or its white

#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can’t remember right now but it’s cool because it change color along with playfield or its white

Hmmnn, I havent seen that mod offered. Only ones that you would control with a remote.

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thx..it's not really meant to light up the area, just the wonkavator itself during wonkavator ball locks via the super lock insert. For light in the back, we offer an RGB backboard light, which adds a lot of light and can be controlled/dimmed.

I have one wonkavator in stock and should have more in a week or so.

#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx..it's not really meant to light up the area, just the wonkavator itself during wonkavator ball locks via the super lock insert. For light in the back, we offer an RGB backboard light, which adds a lot of light and can be controlled/dimmed.
I have one wonkavator in stock and should have more in a week or so.

Thanks! The Wonkavator looks great! I dont have the machine yet but working on pulling the trigger. If I do, that is the first mod im buying along with a shaker motor.

Some people on here were talking about backboard lighting that goes along with the playfield lights. I havent seen this offered but curious if you know anything about it?

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks! The Wonkavator looks great! I dont have the machine yet but working on pulling the trigger. If I do, that is the first mod im buying along with a shaker motor.
Some people on here were talking about backboard lighting that goes along with the playfield lights. I havent seen this offered but curious if you know anything about it?

None that are controlled by the game unless u get a le with all its extra lighting.

#3868 4 years ago

My backboard light is RGB and is activated and controlled by the light under cabinet.Whatever that light does the backboard does

#3869 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My backboard light is RGB and is activated and controlled by the light under cabinet.Whatever that light does the back nostril does

Do you remember where you purchased it from?

#3870 4 years ago

Hookedonpinball.I chose wisely!

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hookedonpinball.I chose wisely!

Yea that item isnt offered anymore

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That’s sucks it really adds to my SE

#3873 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s sucks it really adds to my SE

yes, i would really love to have those lights work with the playfield lights... Im going to email them.

#3874 4 years ago

Ok, so i reached out to my distibutor to ask about build dates for machines and he is going to get back to me.

I am a bit concerned about clear coat issues.

Does anyone know when these were happening or what is a safe date of production or production dates to avoid?

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, so i reached out to my distibutor to ask about build dates for machines and he is going to get back to me.
I am a bit concerned about clear coat issues.
Does anyone know when these were happening or what is a safe date of production or production dates to avoid?

My SE was built in early November and has no issues. I heard even back to October was fine.

#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

My SE was built in early November and has no issues. I heard even back to October was fine.

That was quick! Thank you for that. When did these machines first get released?

If anyone else has any opinions also..

#3877 4 years ago

I had a first run SE with pooling and chipping issues.Because it had multiple problems with boards and other various issues.My distributor got me one from the second run dated 10 31 and it’s perfect.I think Jack cracked some skulls and got em right after that.I love the SE I have now,one more game love

#3878 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Go to his Pinside shop and look for backboard light

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Go to his Pinside shop and look for backboard light

Not there..

#3880 4 years ago

Try this

B4F54B9E-BC2D-420F-875B-2B32B41A23B1 (resized).jpegB4F54B9E-BC2D-420F-875B-2B32B41A23B1 (resized).jpeg
#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Try this[quoted image]

Sorry, but I cant figure how to find his shop on Pinside. I feel stupid lol

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It could be easier I remember having a hard time to try to email him

#3883 4 years ago

I mentioned this before awhile ago.
At expo I asked Jjp employees about the play fields the games they had on display were perfect.

The response was they were built in October

So to answer the question I would say October.

#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

At expo I asked Jjp employees about the play fields the games they had on display were perfect.
The response was they were built in October
So to answer the question I would say October.

Thanks! It seems from checking into this that October and later are the ones that are "safe". I have a feeling this will be an issue with my distributor but oh well. I certainly am not getting into an issue with the playfield going forward. That would ruin the fun for me for sure.

#3885 4 years ago

The se is very tempting unfortunately if and when I take the plunge most likely going with le.
Big reason I have 3 JJP games that are le’s one is actually RR Woz. I enjoy them so much can’t think I would ever sell . That’s the overriding factor I have to consider.

#3886 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

The se is very tempting unfortunately if and when I take the plunge most likely going with le.
Big reason I have 3 JJP games that are le’s one is actually RR Woz. I enjoy them so much can’t think I would ever sell . That’s the overriding factor I have to consider.

you could have it in your home tomorrow if you wish... (wink, wink).

#3887 4 years ago

Hi Chris

You know you’re the one I would call.
I need to sort through some finances
Like replacing my wife’s car next month, etc. Or I should sell the snowmobiles and buy Wonka.
Cheers

#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks! It seems from checking into this that October and later are the ones that are "safe". I have a feeling this will be an issue with my distributor but oh well. I certainly am not getting into an issue with the playfield going forward. That would ruin the fun for me for sure.

October is correct

#3889 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Willy Wonka interactive lighting add on all versions

That is the title.
We have them in stock and a set went out today.
Simple easy interactive just mirrors the factory GI socket you choose.
I installed them under my apron also to mirror the shoot again insert.
Always available at [email protected]
I just have not had time to add the kit to my web site hookedonpinball.com

#3890 4 years ago

Just broke the 1k play mark on my CE this evening. This game is really a treat and tough as nails. A great machine to own at home for sure. No issues whatsoever so far with it.

#3891 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Willy Wonka interactive lighting add on all versions
That is the title.
We have them in stock and a set went out today.
Simple easy interactive just mirrors the factory GI socket you choose.
I installed them under my apron also to mirror the shoot again insert.
Always available at [email protected]
I just have not had time to add the kit to my web site hookedonpinball.com

Thank you!

#3892 4 years ago

Man, I really cannot make up my mind on what model to get here lol. Thanks for all the help with my questions and sorry for hijacking the thread the last couple days...

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Man, I really cannot make up my mind on what model to get here lol. Thanks for all the help with my questions and sorry for hijacking the thread the last couple days...

I have the SE, love it. Don't miss the Wonkavator at all. The gap between the two models is too high for what you get. It's the widest gap for any JJP game that has come before it. You can add a shaker for $79.

#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have the SE, love it. Don't miss the Wonkavator at all. The gap between the two models is too high for what you get. It's the widest gap for any JJP game that has come before it. You can add a shaker for $79.

Im sure you have, but have you had fair time with an LE with wonkavator?

Back when I first started getting into the hobby, I bought my first machines, TWD Pro. I later regretted not getting the Premium as I felt I was missing out on some cool stuff... I said I would never make that mistake again. Year or so later, bought a GB Premium and never regretted it.

Now im back to the decision haha. My fear of missing out is my issue ha. But I agree, the jump in price is what is making this so hard.

#3895 4 years ago

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to Pinside. I recently bought a Wonka LE from someone on Pinside. It arrived yesterday and had no issues. I turned it back on today and I got an error message when I loaded the game. (see screen shots) I can still play the game just fine, but it just concerns me. I was looking in the manual that newly came out but I was unable to find anything about it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Any help would be appreciating.
Thank you!

IMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3692 (resized).jpgIMG_3692 (resized).jpg
#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im sure you have, but have you had fair time with an LE with wonkavator?
Back when I first started getting into the hobby, I bought my first machines, TWD Pro. I later regretted not getting the Premium as I felt I was missing out on some cool stuff... I said I would never make that mistake again. Year or so later, bought a GB Premium and never regretted it.
Now im back to the decision haha. My fear of missing out is my issue ha. But I agree, the jump in price is what is making this so hard.

I'm not sure I would say a fair time, but I've played it at shows, last time was in October at expo. Don't get me wrong, the Wonkavator is a cool feature and I like it, but I don't feel the need to have it and for me the price gap is simply too much on this one. The SE plays very well. If the price was $1000 between the models, I'd likely get the LE for the wonkavator, glass, shaker and whatever else you get (powder coating maybe). DILE and DI standard were $1000 apart and it was worth it to get the LE for the ramp lights, powder coating, glass and other things.

#3897 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm not sure I would say a fair time, but I've played it at shows, last time was in October at expo. Don't get me wrong, the Wonkavator is a cool feature and I like it, but I don't feel the need to have it and for me the price gap is simply too much on this one. The SE plays very well. If the price was $1000 between the models, I'd likely get the LE for the wonkavator, glass, shaker and whatever else you get (powder coating maybe). DILE and DI standard were $1000 apart and it was worth it to get the LE for the ramp lights, powder coating, glass and other things.

Understood. Same feeling as many others.

I was doing the math to price out the extras that come with the LE.. If a topper came with it, it would be closer to justifying. Hard one..

I appreciate your input...

#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to Pinside. I recently bought a Wonka LE from someone on Pinside. It arrived yesterday and had no issues. I turned it back on today and I got an error message when I loaded the game. (see screen shots) I can still play the game just fine, but it just concerns me. I was looking in the manual that newly came out but I was unable to find anything about it. Has anyone had this issue before?
Any help would be appreciating.
Thank you![quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same issue.

Shooting a ball into the Wonkavator lock clears the error. At least it did for me.

Seems if you haven't had a ball in the Wonkavator for a while this error can pop up.

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I had the same issue.
Shooting a ball into the Wonkavator lock clears the error. At least it did for me.
Seems if you haven't had a ball in the Wonkavator for a while this error can pop up.

Exactly right. If the game hasn't heard from a specific switch in a while, it will start to flag it as potentially broken.

Play better

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I had the same issue.

Oh good! I found it strange that it just popped up after everything was fine.
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/78?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.