IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 280.
#3802 4 years ago

Just got a Wonka recently and absolutely loving this game! I have an early playfield with pooling/chipping on the playfield, is there a kit for clear washers to help with that? (sorry if that has been covered here already)

Thanks! - Jeff

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Just got a Wonka recently and absolutely loving this game! I have an early playfield with pooling/chipping on the playfield, is there a kit for clear washers to help with that? (sorry if that has been covered here already)
Thanks! - Jeff

My Wonka SE had the issue. I had great luck using @yelobird’s “playfield iron” to flatten, @vireland’s round mylar rings to seal, and Titan’s playfield washers to cover.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka SE had the issue. I had great luck using yelobird’s “playfield iron” to flatten, vireland’s round mylar rings to seal, and Titan’s playfield washers to cover.

Damn brother you go all out!

#3805 4 years ago

Cliff still doesn't have Cliffy's for Wonka - he needs to borrow a pin to map them out on the play field. California ... anyone need a break from Wonka for a bit to let Cliff do his thing? Contact him if you can help him out.

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Cliff still doesn't have Cliffy's for Wonka - he needs to borrow a pin to map them out on the play field. California ... anyone need a break from Wonka for a bit to let Cliff do his thing? Contact him if you can help him out.

If Fastenal would all CA shipping, I'd let him have mine for as long as he needed it, so long as I get fully outfitted in exchange for the loan

#3807 4 years ago

Ok question for you guys since this game has been out for a little while now. Its a dream theme for me and I want one someday.

The question now that its been out, is it worth it for the LE for the price difference between that and the Standard? Very curious on opinions from those who own and have played them.

Thanks.

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok question for you guys since this game has been out for a little while now. Its a dream theme for me and I want one someday.
The question now that its been out, is it worth it for the LE for the price difference between that and the Standard? Very curious on opinions from those who own and have played them.
Thanks.

I owned an SE and liked it so much I got a CE. The main gameplay difference is no ball lock during Wonkavator intro, which lets you keep shooting jackpots.

I do like the additional trim improvements on the CE but it's really subjective on whether it's worth it to you.

The SE is a great machine.

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.

I went through this same process just a week ago.

I went LE. I DON'T think the value is there, but I still wanted the Wonkavator and other additions that the LE has over the standard. This is going to be a long term keeper for me.

If you don't care for the extras then go standard. It has to be the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to NIB right now.

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I went through this same process just a week ago.
I went LE. I DON'T think the value is there, but I still wanted the Wonkavator and other additions that the LE has over the standard. This is going to be a long term keeper for me.
If you don't care for the extras then go standard. It has to be the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to NIB right now.

Besides the Wonkavator (which I new was the main difference), what other differences are there aside from the cabinet art?

#3811 4 years ago

And then my next question is. Is the Wonkavator worth it? I mean, for those of you that have an LE, is it something that you couldnt live without?

My example would be my GB Premium. I love the manga slings so much, I couldn't go back to not having them...

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Besides the Wonkavator (which I new was the main difference), what other differences are there aside from the cabinet art?

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WonkaFeaturesMatrix.pdf

Quoted from Rager170:

And then my next question is. Is the Wonkavator worth it? I mean, for those of you that have an LE, is it something that you couldnt live without?
My example would be my GB Premium. I love the manga slings so much, I couldn't go back to not having them...

I don't think the Wonkavator is worth it. I wanted the powder coated armor and rails, the better art, shaker motor and invisiglass. The Wonkavator is a nice addition but it won't make up for the cost difference IMO.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I don't think the Wonkavator is worth it. I wanted the powder coated armor and rails, the better art, shaker motor and invisiglass. The Wonkavator is a nice addition but it won't make up for the cost difference IMO.

I went straight to LE. I think i agree with this take. For the best overall value, i think going with the SE and adding the shaker motor is the way to go. The shaker is really well done on this pin.

#3814 4 years ago

I went LE. For me, the Wonkavator was a big feature. It allows for more skill shots when locking a ball. It grabs the ball for Oompa Loompa Odyssey, which allows for a bit of time to breathe. The blue powder coat is pretty, but not essential. The shaker motor is really well integrated, but can be added on. The invisiglass is nice, but can also be purchased later. For me, it was the ease of having it all pre-installed plus the Wonkavator mech.

#3815 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It looks like it would come down to wanting the Wonkavator or not. The other stuff I can add (except artwork).

Unfortunately I havent been able to play one yet so I am not very familiar with the wonkavator..

#3816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Shaker, Invisiglass, headphone jack/external volume control, sparkle blue wireforms and armor.

For me, I don't like the LE or CE side art. And I don't care about the Wonkavator, since the code does a decent job simulating the Wonkavator ball lock, and you still get Wonkavator Multiball. I purchased the shaker and volume control myself, as well as a Gobstopper shooter from the Modfather.

Quoted from Rager170:

Given my art preferences above, no. The Wonkavator is not worth $2K for me.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I went LE. For me, the Wonkavator was a big feature. It allows for more skill shots when locking a ball. It grabs the ball for Oompa Loompa Odyssey, which allows for a bit of time to breathe. The blue powder coat is pretty, but not essential. The shaker motor is really well integrated, but can be added on. The invisiglass is nice, but can also be purchased later. For me, it was the ease of having it all pre-installed plus the Wonkavator mech.

To add to this it also keeps the ball out of the dangerous pops a fair amount more with the wonkavator lock. That area also has lots of lighting which really brightens up the gane and adds to the amazing lightshows the gane offers. Plus the wonkavator mb intro is super cool with it and the shaker. Add all that plus all the other extras especially the beautiful powder coated stuff and I think it's well worth it.

#3818 4 years ago

Maybe look for a huo le in low to mid 8s?

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I went straight to LE. I think i agree with this take. For the best overall value, i think going with the SE and adding the shaker motor is the way to go. The shaker is really well done on this pin.

This is true,I have a SE that came with invisaglass(must have been a Friday) thankfully.I would agree the $150 shaker from Pinball Life is a must have on this pin.The other thing I think it needs is a backboard lightning mo

#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

To add to this it also keeps the ball out of the dangerous pops a fair amount more with the wonkavator lock. That area also has lots of lighting which really brightens up the gane and adds to the amazing lightshows the gane offers. Plus the wonkavator mb intro is super cool with it and the shaker. Add all that plus all the other extras especially the beautiful powder coated stuff and I think it's well worth it.

Good info. Thanks..

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe look for a huo le in low to mid 8s?

Yea thats an option. I just wasnt sure if I wanted an LE or not...

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea thats an option. I just wasnt sure if I wanted an LE or not...

I think once u c and play one u will.. the fit and finish is just beautiful .

#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks for the replies. It looks like it would come down to wanting the Wonkavator or not. The other stuff I can add (except artwork).
Unfortunately I havent been able to play one yet so I am not very familiar with the wonkavator..

I think that if you are good with the SE art package (which I actually prefer to the LE because its a little more subtle), you will be very happy you saved the 2 grand. Hell, 2 grand is what I paid for my TZ when I first got into the hobby...

This is not comparable to a bare bones Stern pro where they rip out everything fun. Buy a shaker motor from Pinball Life (which installs very easily) and play on. The Wonkavator lock IMO is not worth the extra cost and the flow of the gameplay allows for quicker jackpots that you can start hitting before the synced audio and video intro (zing) are complete. I do not regret my SE purchase one bit and I am happy with the money saved. For the price, it is by far the best NiB value out there. Amazing game.

#3824 4 years ago

SE is a great value and as others said doesn't really justify going LE..... Until you actually see the LE in person and realize how much nicer it is.

Logical decision = SE but in this hobby when you're spending 7k+..... Now same can be said for CE but thankfully logic prevailed on that one for me as looks wise, it's not the same difference as the SE to LE jump.

Wonkavator lift off also has one of the rare video and audio sync... Which don't even get me started.... Just happy to have some. The lock itself is very generic but still cool to see and again lift off with the sounds video Shaker and lights is prob one of the best the game has that I've seen.

SE still the value play no question

#3825 4 years ago

The danger is what happens if you love the SE and end up buying the game again to get a keeper version

#3826 4 years ago

I think the answer to your dilemma is go see if you can play both versions first. It's going to come down to your personal preferences/finances.

If you want to save $$$, you will be ecstatic with the SE and what it's packed with since code is all the same and has virtual lock (definitely recommend adding shaker motor to enhance the game and take advantage of coding effects).

If money is not the issue but a question of value, I think the LE's blue powder coating/invisiglass/shaker motor + Wonkavator w/ lights is worth it. I've played all 3. Played the heck out of the SE at zaphX's. The Wonkavator does change game flow and gives you a breather before jackpot attacks.

If Wonka is a dream theme, you won't regret either choice. Just be warned it has a deep rule set and meant for longevity.

#3827 4 years ago

Thanks Guys. Lots a good info to think about. Tough decision when it comes down to it!

#3828 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks Guys. Lots a good info to think about. Tough decision when it comes down to it!

One thing to think about - you should be able to get a decent SE at this point for under $7K easy.

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

One thing to think about - you should be able to get a decent SE at this point for under $7K easy.

Correct. Mine sold for 6500 and it took a while to do so.

#3830 4 years ago

Quoted from zaphX:

Correct. Mine sold for 6500 and it took a while to do so.

That would be good motivation for me to buy. I havent seen any around me really listed at those levels. I will keep an eye out.

Thanks again.

#3831 4 years ago

Just throwing it out there for potential JJP folks reading this - would love for the count up sounds at the end to be changed. Starts to grind on you (one of the remaining of the worst offenders) but luckily I can skip it and that last sound is OK.

Still trying to get that damn golden ticket too. I feel the game is very fair though - never feel cheated and that's with the left side open and right side stock.

#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That would be good motivation for me to buy. I havent seen any around me really listed at those levels. I will keep an eye out.
Thanks again.

Try putting a WTB out there for one. I bet you get some bites from folks who are looking to upgrade to an LE or CE.

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If this is the area your talking about .. this is the best fix people have found imo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do u use these silicone caps to replace the rubber?
Do u poke a whole through the solid top?

Sorry for the dumb question...

#3834 4 years ago

Try putting a WTB out there for one. I bet you get some bites from folks who are looking to upgrade to an LE or CE.

haha, and that makes me curious if I should spring for an LE lol.

The LE, while nice of course.. I dont know if I can justify the price jump on them..

#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

haha, and that makes me curious if I should spring for an LE lol.
The LE, while nice of course.. I dont know if I can justify the price jump on them..

If you're price conscious, then the SE is your huckleberry.

#3836 4 years ago

Now I have to read through all the clear coating issues... That is always a concern..

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Now I have to read through all the clear coating issues... That is always a concern..

Another thing to note is that Issue was on the early machine's and se were made first.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Another thing to note is that Issue was on the early machine's and se were made first.

So that issue is not happening anymore?

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So that issue is not happening anymore?

Seems to have been .... no recent reports anyhow.

#3840 4 years ago

There were le with issues also but I believe most of the first batch se had the clear issue.

#3841 4 years ago

Good to know, thanks guys.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Good to know, thanks guys.

My SE is from second batch and it’s perfect.

#3843 4 years ago

My CE with born on date of 12/27/2019 has no clear issues to speak of. The playfield is gorgeous.

#3844 4 years ago

My just delivered LE has a "born on date" of 10/19 and no clear coat issues.

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

My just delivered LE has a "born on date" of 10/19 and no clear coil at issues.

Good to know..

#3846 4 years ago

Another question.. now that i cant get this game out of my head..

I noticed that Cliffy doesnt have any products for this game yet. After looking at the playfield, it doesnt look like theres a whole lot that needs protecting, unless im missing things.

Thoughts?

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Another question.. now that i cant get this game out of my head..
I noticed that Cliffy doesnt have any products for this game yet. After looking at the playfield, it doesnt look like theres a whole lot that needs protecting, unless im missing things.
Thoughts?

I have an LE from July of last year. It does have clear coat issues. Still waiting to get that resolved with JJP. As for Cliffys, I think the saucer could use one. Maybe the shooter lane, but I haven't seen any issues so far. zaphX would know better. He put a few thousand games on his SE before upgrading to his CE. If he wasn't seeing much after the number of games he put on his, I wouldn't worry.

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I have an LE from July of last year. It does have clear coat issues. Still waiting to get that resolved with JJP. As for Cliffys, I think the saucer could use one. Maybe the shooter lane, but I haven't seen any issues so far. zaphx would know better. He put a few thousand games on his SE before upgrading to his CE. If he wasn't seeing much after the number of games he put on his, I wouldn't worry.

Yes, Shooter lane area is always needed IMO.

Is the saucer the gobstopper hole?

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, Shooter lane area is always needed IMO.
Is the saucer the gobstopper hole?

No. The saucer is under the Wonkvision. It’s one of the skill shots and mode start shot. The gobstopper hole seems pretty reinforced, so I don’t think it needs it. The entire edge has a metal frame and the disk itself is not wood. I’ve seen no issues on mine or on the few I’ve seen on location.

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

No. The saucer is under the Wonkvision. It’s one of the skill shots and mode start shot. The gobstopper hole seems pretty reinforced, so I don’t think it needs it. The entire edge has a metal frame and the disk itself is not wood. I’ve seen no issues on mine or on the few I’ve seen on location.

Yes, I was thinking the same about the gobstopper, so was curious why it would need protecting..

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/77?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.