IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 279.
#3751 4 years ago

Just stopped by to say how much I still play this game a ton and absolutely love it.. even after thousand plays and months of ownership. It's just so dam fun to shoot and the lighting is mesmerizing, plus the code//rules are great. All time favorite....

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Got my LE last week and loving it but there’s no visual of Violet blowing up like a blueberry? Or Agustus being stuck in the pipe? Such big wonderful scenes from the movie that I had assumed would make it into the game.[quoted image]

I suspect certain scenes they couldn't get. No way they forgot about those....I think the kid stuck in pipe is on the art. Might be the same with violet. Call out is in there

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Got my LE last week and loving it but there’s no visual of Violet blowing up like a blueberry? Or Agustus being stuck in the pipe? Such big wonderful scenes from the movie that I had assumed would make it into the game.[quoted image]

It's in there, it pops up in a little circle. I believe it's when you hit the GUM targets.

#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I suspect certain scenes they couldn't get. No way they forgot about those....I think the kid stuck in pipe is on the art. Might be the same with violet. Call out is in there

Augustus is also stuck in the pipe on the LCD! It's horizontal across the top and he moves as you get his spinner rips to qualify him.

I didn't notice that for a couple of weeks...

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's in there, it pops up in a little circle. I believe it's when you hit the GUM targets.

I was gonna say
. I've seen it.. most everything is in there u just need find it lol..

#3756 4 years ago

I am running 1.26 on my LE, Is it worth upgrading to the newer code ?

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am running 1.26 on my LE, Is it worth upgrading to the newer code ?

Only takes few minutes so y not? Few new callouts and lighting effects along with fixes.... go for it

#3758 4 years ago

Yes, I love Augustus in the pipe on the display! I will look for the pop-up (pun intended) of Violet. I wanted the big scene of her being rolled away by the oompa loompas but I’ll take what I can get! As you guys said, I’m sure there’s a lot that goes into it and I’m loving the game. Thanks guys.

#3759 4 years ago

So I set my Willy Wonka to easy, changed some outlane post layout, and was able to get to the most secret machine wizard mode. Got to say I really love that mode and it's hard as hell to get there even when on an easy setup! It's got really gorgeous lighting and it's just fun. The hardest part about getting there was removing that black plastic screw to put the post in its place lol.

I would recommend dialing the difficulty down a little bit just to experience some of these awesome wizard modes if you haven't yet. I'm not ashamed!

#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

So I set my Willy Wonka to easy, changed some outlane post layout, and was able to get to the most secret machine wizard mode. Got to say I really love that mode and it's hard as hell to get there even when on an easy setup! It's got really gorgeous lighting and it's just fun. The hardest part about getting there was removing that black plastic screw to put the post in its place lol.
I would recommend dialing the difficulty down a little bit just to experience some of these awesome wizard modes if you haven't yet. I'm not ashamed!

I've been thinking about changing mine to 5 balls per game for a while. I've only been able to get 2 golden tickets and to the office mode and not get past that. It's a matter of accepting defeat and trying for the more deeper modes to experience that. There is a setting that Keith talked about that makes getting to modes just 1 shot away as a type of demo mode for operators. Might save my settings and switch to that for a couple of weeks, then recover my old setup and old high scores.

#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is a setting that Keith talked about that makes getting to modes just 1 shot away as a type of demo mode for operators.

Do tell us more....

Oreally (resized).jpgOreally (resized).jpg

#3762 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I've been thinking about changing mine to 5 balls per game for a while. I've only been able to get 2 golden tickets and to the office mode and not get past that. It's a matter of accepting defeat and trying for the more deeper modes to experience that. There is a setting that Keith talked about that makes getting to modes just 1 shot away as a type of demo mode for operators. Might save my settings and switch to that for a couple of weeks, then recover my old setup and old high scores.

Do it! It's not accepting defeat in my mind. I bought a pinball machine that costs as much as a used car and damn it I'm going to get some enjoyment out of it! I think Wonka is far more enjoyable when you're blowing it up and that really only happens if you dial down the difficulty a little bit. Even now, I have some crap games and barely break 100 grand, but man it was fun to put up almost 10 million! Also, making the game more accessible means having more people enjoy it. Not everyone is a pinball wizard

#3763 4 years ago

Also in regards to toning down difficulty, does everyone have the post installed in the outer left lane? I've left mine off the entire time and after hundreds of games I've only been able to get 2.5Mil and 2 golden tickets.

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Also in regards to toning down difficulty, does everyone have the post installed in the outer left lane? I've left mine off the entire time and after hundreds of games I've only been able to get 2.5Mil and 2 golden tickets.

I don’t and most pinheads don’t consider this cheating!This is a tough game to beat but it’s righteous when you have a great game.Rack up those Wonka bars and keep nailing the captive ball
High score 13435000

#3765 4 years ago

Side blades installed.....fyi for any future buyers. Tilt. Chocolate fountain was lacking originally which is why I love jjp btw topper and now these.

20200109_233750 (resized).jpg20200109_233750 (resized).jpg20200109_235024 (resized).jpg20200109_235024 (resized).jpg20200109_233757 (resized).jpg20200109_233757 (resized).jpg20200109_235003 (resized).jpg20200109_235003 (resized).jpg
#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Side blades installed.....fyi for any future buyers. Tilt. Chocolate fountain was lacking originally which is why I love jjp btw topper and now these.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you rate the topper?

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

How do you rate the topper?

It's very well made and heavy. Love the look but the light right now is way too bright. Once that bug it's fixed, it's a must have imo. Really fills in that chocolate river gap.

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I took the 5 ball and easy setting plunge tonight. 4.5 million up from 1.8 million but better yet was 4 of 5 golden tickets. It sure was fun to finally see some of the different modes.

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Do tell us more....
[quoted image]

First, back up your settings in case you want to revert everything back. Go in the menus, install presets, game presets, install coin op. It will show you the comparisons of what will change. You will get to the initial modes quicker, but not sure if it makes the golden tickets any easier.

At Expo, the middle Wonka pin had this setting activated. As some people walked away surprised that they did that good and saw a lot of modes and light shows, Keith would tell some people that this setting was set on it. Some barcades that don't have regular tournament type players there can use this setting to get people excited about the cool modes ... and maybe put more quarters in it. Hence, the "Coin Op" presets. Probably a lot of similar changes to easy settings.

For home users using this setting would need to change it to free play though. Maybe some other tweaks too.

#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I took the 5 ball and easy setting plunge tonight. 4.5 million up from 1.8 million but better yet was 4 of 5 golden tickets. It sure was fun to finally see some of the different modes.

I don’t own the game, but it’s very high on my list. How long (minutes) was your 5 ball game to 4.5 Mio? Is there a special mode for each golden ticket - in the Tilt Forums they only mention the special modes for the first two Golden Tickets (Oompa Loomoa Odyssee and Wonka’s office) - what about three and four?

#3771 4 years ago

Any one having a problem with balls getting stuck between the metal post with the white 'do-nut ring' and the outlane sling rubbers? My NIB WONKA LE (#235 just delivered yesterday) has that problem. I have to manually remove the ball in order to play; kind of destroys game play flow to say the least. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have removed the rubber do-nut for the time being but not sure if that will lead to other problems. Thanks.

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Any one having a problem with balls getting stuck between the metal post with the white 'do-nut ring' and the outlane sling rubbers? My NIB WONKA LE (#235 just delivered yesterday) has that problem. I have to manually remove the ball in order to play; kind of destroys game play flow to say the least. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have removed the rubber do-nut for the time being but not sure if that will lead to other problems. Thanks.

If this is the area your talking about .. this is the best fix people have found imo.
1fe67ca196ae997b32f004f728212271ff7bd34c (resized).jpg1fe67ca196ae997b32f004f728212271ff7bd34c (resized).jpg6ae364e1cc0ad47aeb78c3a52c504afbb1b028b5 (resized).jpg6ae364e1cc0ad47aeb78c3a52c504afbb1b028b5 (resized).jpg

#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I don’t own the game, but it’s very high on my list. How long (minutes) was your 5 ball game to 4.5 Mio? Is there a special mode for each golden ticket - in the Tilt Forums they only mention the special modes for the first two Golden Tickets (Oompa Loomoa Odyssee and Wonka’s office) - what about three and four?

For each golden ticket you enable:
1: oompa loompa odyssey
2: wonka's office
3: wonka's stash (not a wizard mode, rewards Wonka bars and candy)
4: most secret machine
5: pure imagination

Haven't been to pure imagination yet...

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If this is the area your talking about .. this is the best fix people have found imo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes. That's it exactly. What is the bumper in your picture and do you know where I can get one? Thanks for your help!

#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

3: ransom (I think that's what it's called?)

Ransom is when u get 200 wonka bars.

#3776 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

3: ransom (I think that's what it's called?)

Also the oompa loopa odyssey is started from the captive ball awards I thought?

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yes. That's it exactly. What is the bumper in your picture and do you know where I can get one? Thanks for your help!

Thats a standard post cap as used on older games to fasten plastics.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-post-cap.html

#3778 4 years ago

Thanks Dave. I have to make an order soon and I'll add to it. Strange though that JJP put the game out with what should have been corrected first. Oh well, still loving it so far

#3779 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's very well made and heavy. Love the look but the light right now is way too bright. Once that bug it's fixed, it's a must have imo. Really fills in that chocolate river gap.

Where did you get the side blades?

#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also the oompa loopa odyssey is started from the captive ball awards I thought?

No, that’s Oompa Loompa hurry up. Odyssey is the first golden ticket mode. They’re listed on a column in the background on the screen. You’ll see a spotlight shining on the one that’s lit. The third reward is Wanka’s Stash. Gives you 100 Wonka Bars and 200 candy for the candy jar if I remember correctly. I’ve only gotten it twice, so I’m not positive about the amounts.

#3781 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did you get the side blades?

Tilt

#3782 4 years ago

I’m reading all these posts about lowering the difficulty and I have to say I feel tempted to do the same. After owning the game for a couple of months I’ve played only 3-ball games on the medium difficulty and activated Wonka’s just once. (And scored a mere 1.6 mil that game).

I’m reading mostly about players getting 4 tickets so I’m wondering which one is usually missing. I’m guessing Wonkavator?

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

I’m reading all these posts about lowering the difficulty and I have to say I feel tempted to do the same. After owning the game for a couple of months I’ve played only 3-ball games on the medium difficulty and activated Wonka’s just once. (And scored a mere 1.6 mil that game).
I’m reading mostly about players getting 4 tickets so I’m wondering which one is usually missing. I’m guessing Wonkavator?

We’ve been playing since July and while we’ve managed a 4.4M score we’ve never gotten the second golden ticket.

We do, however, still keep trying and play a lot.

My fear is that lowering the difficulty will let us see everything and remove the incentive to keep trying.

#3784 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

No, that’s Oompa Loompa hurry up. Odyssey is the first golden ticket mode. They’re listed on a column in the background on the screen. You’ll see a spotlight shining on the one that’s lit. The third reward is Wanka’s Stash. Gives you 100 Wonka Bars and 200 candy for the candy jar if I remember correctly. I’ve only gotten it twice, so I’m not positive about the amounts.

"• Oompa Loompa Odyssey - This mode is qualified at the center loop after one Golden Ticket has been collected and no other modes are in progress. "

#3785 4 years ago

Just be patient I was at it for a month and a half and highest score was around 4.5 mil.Then one morning I blew it up to 13.5 mil.
I only had 3 tickets at that point but I got to the office and got ransom mode also.Just keep bangin away!

#3786 4 years ago

How do you earn the other tickets besides the first?

I rather not see anything else than reduce difficulty. It wouldn't mean as much and take away incentive as mentioned already

#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How do you earn the other tickets besides the first?

Gobstopper MB - Collect 5 gobs (jackpots to open hole, sink hole to collect)
Kid MB - All 5 kid jackpots
Wonkavator MB - Complete level 3 (jackpots to open hole, sink hole, spinner shot)
Factory modes - Light all 12 inserts on the playfield. All 4 supers, all 4 captive ball awards, all 4 factory tour modes.

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We’ve been playing since July and while we’ve managed a 4.4M score we’ve never gotten the second golden ticket.
My fear is that lowering the difficulty will let us see everything and remove the incentive to keep trying.

Yes, I have te same experience. GC is 4.5M.
Obtained the second golden ticket last week for the first (and so far only) time and I screamed for a bit. I found myself doing a little victory dance when Wonka’s Office was starting. Drained quite quickly, but I did not really care, I HAD BEEN THERE!! I would have never been on such a high if the road to it had been easy. This felt like all my practice and effort was finally being rewarded...

And while typing this I can hear a whispering voice calling out to me from the start button.....”press me....”

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Ah thanks! I want sure about the third reward so thanks for clarifying.

#3791 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Even with my easier setup I got to four tickets and about 9.5 million ... The last ticket I was working on in that game was the gobstopper multi-ball golden ticket surprisingly. For whatever reason I find that's one of the hardest ones to get. I rarely get the fourth or fifth one (from left to right on the playfield) though. My settings are basically easier posts on the outlanes and the preset for easy. Whenever I get two tickets it's almost always the first and second (from left to right on the playfield). I still don't understand what exactly gets the first one, I think it's just a lot of candy?

#3792 4 years ago

Hope to get my CE next week

Good to hear everybody still loving it!

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I also got mine in July and lowered the difficulty about 2 months ago. We all enjoy it more now, but that's coming from someone who couldn't even get a 2nd ticket prior to the drop. The most secret machine wizard mode is the best one in the game and I have no shame getting to play it more

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

I also got mine in July and lowered the difficulty about 2 months ago. We all enjoy it more now, but that's coming from someone who couldn't even get a 2nd ticket prior to the drop. The most secret machine wizard mode is the best one in the game and I have no shame getting to play it more

I have been so on the fence about this for a while. Got my LE in July, have had 2 tickets just twice I think, with a high score of 5.8M. I did put the post in the first hole (one without the plug) a while back which helped with drains. I respect both views of changing difficulty or not. I reluctantly backed up scores and set mine to easy last night but haven't tried it yet. Guess I'll see today how it goes...

#3795 4 years ago

Does Wonka have a dedicated troubleshooting thread like PoTC? I just got my CE and have a slingshot firing constantly at random times. Going to check the contacts today but I’m case they look fine I’d be looking to post about it

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I just got my CE and have a slingshot firing constantly at random times.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

LTG : )

#3797 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! That’s what it was. Both slings had the issue actually so I adjusted them both. A few games in now and they seem to be all good. Took me a few tries to really dial them in.

Without these blade art protectors I don’t know what I would have done. My playfield is so tight against the cabinet on the left side it would be impossible to avoid scratching the art.

291B4475-C50B-4F58-9291-EC0CAC70FA1F (resized).jpeg291B4475-C50B-4F58-9291-EC0CAC70FA1F (resized).jpeg
#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks Lloyd! That’s what it was. Both slings had the issue actually so I adjusted them both. A few games in now and they seem to be all good. Took me a few tries to really dial them in.
Without these blade art protectors I don’t know what I would have done. My playfield is so tight against the cabinet on the left side it would be impossible to avoid scratching the art.[quoted image]

Where'd you get those protectors? Couldn't find them on Pinball Universe website

#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where'd you get those protectors? Couldn't find them on Pinball Universe website

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades

LTG : )

#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Pinball life carries them, that’s where I got mine. It’s a must for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/76?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.