IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 279.
#3701 4 years ago

I love the side armor!

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Pictures after the clearcoat and on the machine[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have an Amazing talent. Very impressive work.

#3703 4 years ago

I thought the ramp switch looked out of place so we obscured it with a lollipop matching one on the playfield.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-lollipop-ramp-switch-cover

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200105143655326_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200105143655326_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20200105_144308_700 (resized).jpgIMG_20200105_144308_700 (resized).jpg

#3704 4 years ago

The other musical side of Wonka

#3705 4 years ago

So I've made some recent moves, including getting a Wonka LE for the kids and I have to say surprisingly I'm really enjoying it. The new code vs. what I played when it was initially released does a much better job of including more variety in music, call outs and less annoying effects. The announcer is still bad but I remind myself it's Charlie's Grandpa which is prob not right but makes it easier to understand. Rules are not immediately apparent either but I've read up and things make sense with the big screen trying it's best to help....

The layout which was always strong along with the gorgeous cabinet and powder (BIG diff over the standard and the nicest powder they've done with that glitter in it) and jjp quality really makes it stand out in my all of a sudden all Stern collection. I'll never understand why they don't include all the audio with video but there is a ton of video in there which is the most important part.

My game has a lot of mods and that really cool chocolate river topper that was just released by jjp. I'm def going to keep it longer than I anticipated and even though it might eventually see it's way out I have MUCH more respect for this game than before. I absolutely love the wonka theme which helps too and the mk codes throwback is a nice touch although I don't really understand what the majority of them do.
20200105_181555 (resized).jpg20200105_181555 (resized).jpg

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I've made some recent moves, including getting a Wonka LE for the kids and I have to say surprisingly I'm really enjoying it. The new code vs. what I played when it was initially released does a much better job of including more variety in music, call outs and less annoying effects. The announcer is still bad but I remind myself it's Charlie's Grandpa which is prob not right but makes it easier to understand. Rules are not immediately apparent either but I've read up and things make sense with the big screen trying it's best to help....
The layout which was always strong along with the gorgeous cabinet and powder (BIG diff over the standard and the nicest powder they've done with that glitter in it) and jjp quality really makes it stand out in my all of a sudden all Stern collection. I'll never understand why they don't include all the audio with video but there is a ton of video in there which is the most important part.
My game has a lot of mods and that really cool chocolate river topper that was just released by jjp. I'm def going to keep it longer than I anticipated and even though it might eventually see it's way out I have MUCH more respect for this game than before. I absolutely love the wonka theme which helps too and the mk codes throwback is a nice touch although I don't really understand what the majority of them do.
[quoted image]

Glad to hear you like it. I was reading your post in the md dc va thread and you seemed less than enthusiastic lol.

#3707 4 years ago

now JJP just needs to address the brightness issue for the wonkatania topper (menu controlled topper dimming does not work for this topper) and it should be good! too bright

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

now JJP just needs to address the brightness issue for the wonkatania topper (menu controlled topper dimming does not work for this topper) and it should be good! too bright

Agreed way too bright.

Quoted from davisjl1979:

Glad to hear you like it. I was reading your post in the md dc va thread and you seemed less than enthusiastic lol.

Yeah I really only got this game bc of the kids and it's turned it to be a pleasant surprise with it's latest code.

#3709 4 years ago

Wow. Seriously thorough manual. I really hope that JJP can start publishing manuals when the games ship but I must say it's super detailed and will be helpful in the future.

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I've made some recent moves, including getting a Wonka LE for the kids and I have to say surprisingly I'm really enjoying it. The new code vs. what I played when it was initially released does a much better job of including more variety in music, call outs and less annoying effects

Go back and watch the launch streams. I think you’ll find it hasn’t changed that dramatically.

I suspect what has changed is your mindset towards the game - I’m really glad you’ve given it a chance and now see what it has to offer.

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

All the times u argued with me saying how horrible it was....lmao... In typical delt fashion he actually plays it in a home environment like I said too ... and surprise it's not bad and actually great. You sld learn to listen to those who actually own a pin for a while and understand a good pin ..... glad you all are enjoying it and u actually gave it a chance like I told u too instead of writing it off bc of some audio and not matching up to the video..... bc who really cares as the gameplay is what matters in pinball

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Go back and watch the launch streams. I think you’ll find it hasn’t changed that dramatically.
I suspect what has changed is your mindset towards the game - I’m really glad you’ve given it a chance and now see what it has to offer.

Agreed... he was just such a hater on this pin before lol and now look. So many posts on how bad it was . I think its funny when someone actually gives a pin a fighting chance and realizes its actually very well done . Happens all the time unfortunately....

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah it's definitely changed but I'll leave it at that. Glad to see the updated code polish has paid off at least for me.

Quoted from bigd1979:

All the times u argued with with saying how horrible it was....lmao... In typical delt fashion he actually plays it in a home environment like I said too ... and surprise it's not bad and actually great. You sld learn to listen to those who actually own a pin for a while and understand a good pin ..... glad you all are enjoying it and u actually gave it a chance like I told u too instead of writing it off bc of some audio and not matching up to the video..... bc who really cares as the gameplay is what matters in pinball

I've played it by myself with full audio on the first offered code. Wasn't for me for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Polished off code has really helped the weaker spots as I always agreed the layout and feel is stellar. Thought I would update my impressions.

#3714 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah it's definitely changed but I'll leave it at that. Glad to see the updated code polish has paid off at least for me.

I've played it by myself with full audio on the first offered code. Wasn't for me for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Polished off code has really helped the weaker spots as I always agreed the layout and feel is stellar. Thought I would update my impressions.

Can you point to something specific that you found so horrible in the launch that has changed in the current release?

#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed... he was just such a hater on this pin before lol and now look. So many posts on how bad it was . I think its funny when someone actually gives a pin a fighting chance and realizes its actually very well done . Happens all the time unfortunately....

And not just with this game, either. Hot takes and snap judgements rule the day.

Sometimes I think people are specifically looking for reasons NOT to like pins.

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Certainly the video sequences & call-outs seem significantly better coordinated with the shots/action on the playfield since the first streams. Everything seems much more fine-tuned, but why should that even be debated—that’s what code updates are intended to do.

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And not just with this game, either. Hot takes and snap judgements rule the day.
Sometimes I think people are specifically looking for reasons NOT to like pins.

Yep sure seems that way a lot of the time. If it's not exactly how they pictured it to be then it's a total disappointment. Also once a few people find things to pick on it seems many more join in and just go with the flow even if they never played it or seen it lol. Crazy

#3718 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As long as this means that every new release that come out you don't say.... "hope they don't wonka it". Was so tired of seeing that in every dam thread with every new pin revealed since the wonka reveal.

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed way too bright.

Yeah I really only got this game bc of the kids and it's turned it to be a pleasant surprise with it's latest code.

I've had since early code and it really hasn't changed much ..... its been tweaked in some places but its basically the same with more callouts and fx added since the last time u stated you played it locally with I believe 1.13 or 1.25 code. Its really the mindset sometimes as you really had that I dont like it mindset bc of a few things you disagreed with. Regardless glad the kids wanted it and you got to try it at home set up nicely. It really is a great game once u dig in.... wait till u see some of the awesome modes and lightshows that go with them...some the best every imo. Dig in and enjoy it for a while with the family and I think it will be well received the more you play.

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you point to something specific that you found so horrible in the launch that has changed in the current release?

I think someone already provided you with the obvious answer (see the numerous patch notes for full detail on all that's changed) however I'm not here to debate this but let's just say this industry is saturated with ass kissers. I'm not one of them and called it like I saw it based on numerous experiences with the game and had it on order ready to buy as I was super excited.

Similar to many games like TWD where code updates really helped out, I'm now actually enjoying the game much more and circling back with that feedback. Simple as that. I still question some of the poor choices (audio and video sync, announcer, etc) but I play it fair and will return with an updated view if it's changed, and it has.

That's about it.

#3721 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think someone already provided you with the obvious answer (see the numerous patch notes for full detail on all that's changed) however I'm not here to debate this but let's just say this industry is saturated with ass kissers. I'm not one of them and called it like I saw it based on numerous experiences with the game and had it on order ready to buy as I was super excited.
Similar to many games like TWD where code updates really helped out, I'm now actually enjoying the game much more and circling back with that feedback. Simple as that. I still question some of the poor choices (audio and video sync, announcer, etc) but I play it fair and will return with an updated view if it's changed, and it has.
That's about it.

What you call ass kisser I call respect for the creators and the work that went into making a thing. Making is hard.

I do wish you hadn't eviscerated it at launch, but honestly I am just glad you like it and it's making you and your family happy.

#3722 4 years ago

delt31 - have you played a CE game with the female (Veruca Salt) call outs? Just curious if that is better for you for "the announcer".

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

delt31 - have you played a CE game with the female (Veruca Salt) call outs? Just curious if that is better for you for "the announcer".

Wow didn't realize Veruca Salt character did that much,just figured a couple shout outs here and there

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow didn't realize Veruca Salt character did that much,just figured a couple shout outs here and there

CE people can probably tell us. I "heard" that she did a lot of call outs for the CE. I could be wrong.

#3725 4 years ago

There are some screenshots in the kandy kodes thread from a failed 1.32 update that shows a file listing and there are a vast amount of veruca salt callouts; I haven't played a CE but given the file names listed I would hazard a guess that all the call outs are Julie Dawn Cole.

edit: ...well; unless the guy who did the original call outs is also named "Julie"

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That would be great if the announcer was changed to her. Cool addition for the CE owners! If this was a stern, I would try to inject her voice into the LE but unfort can't do that with JJP (unless now that I'm aware of).

Quoted from zaphX:

What you call ass kisser I call respect for the creators and the work that went into making a thing. Making is hard.
I do wish you hadn't eviscerated it at launch, but honestly I am just glad you like it and it's making you and your family happy.

I can't blindly ass kiss b/c of the fact these guys build a pinball machine. Just not me. Play experience was very disappointing in the early stages and therefore I've commented as such. Standard cabinet too was an absolute joke. LE corrects that really well! Latest code made it more enjoyable - simple update.

Let's move on though as this is really getting dumb. I'm getting side art this week and will update with pics as I didn't see them posted yet. Maybe help some others who are on the fence.....

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No need to conflate these 2 things. One may have respect for the creators & the work and still not be an “ass kisser” when it comes to attempting to offer an objective opinion.

#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Pictures after the clearcoat and on the machine[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh HELL YES. I need this in my life. Please tell me you're offering contract work!

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That would be great if the announcer was changed to her. Cool addition for the CE owners! If this was a stern, I would try to inject her voice into the LE but unfort can't do that with JJP (unless now that I'm aware of).

I can't blindly ass kiss b/c of the fact these guys build a pinball machine. Just not me. Play experience was very disappointing in the early stages and therefore I've commented as such. Standard cabinet too was an absolute joke. LE corrects that really well! Latest code made it more enjoyable - simple update.
Let's move on though as this is really getting dumb. I'm getting side art this week and will update with pics as I didn't see them posted yet. Maybe help some others who are on the fence.....

What I’m interested in is strategies for getting the second golden ticket and beyond!

Welcome to the Wonka party.

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

CE people can probably tell us. I "heard" that she did a lot of call outs for the CE. I could be wrong.

Her voice is everywhere on the CE, very impressed with the number of callouts and such. Really makes the CE pop. Now is it worth the huge premium over the LE? If I had to do it all over again, I'd say probably not but to JJPs credit, they didn't skimp on her voice usage in the CE code.

Jeff

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Her voice is everywhere on the CE, very impressed with the number of callouts and such. Really makes the CE pop. Now is it worth the huge premium over the LE? If I had to do it all over again, I'd say probably not but to JJPs credit, they didn't skimp on her voice usage in the CE code.
Jeff

Any videos of this? Would love to listen in....

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What I’m interested in is strategies for getting the second golden ticket and beyond!
Welcome to the Wonka party.

Thanks!

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any videos of this? Would love to listen in....

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/517613788

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Chocolate under the bridge. Welcome to the club!

#3735 4 years ago

I'm having trouble finding the option to change to Veruca Salt's call outs on my CE. Could someone please guide me on where to change that in the settings? Thank you!

#3736 4 years ago

Delt31,
What is your build date? I am assuming that your playfield looks ok and void of pooling?
This issue has kept me on the sidelines from buying this title.

#3737 4 years ago

thanks! I agree - her voice is a welcome addition to the announcer in this game.

#3738 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks! I agree - her voice is a welcome addition to the announcer in this game.

Yeah! I really like her voice work.

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I'm having trouble finding the option to change to Veruca Salt's call outs on my CE. Could someone please guide me on where to change that in the settings? Thank you!

It’s automatically on, the women you hear is her. Abit older but it’s her nonetheless. I love how good a job they did on the ce.

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

It’s automatically on, the women you hear is her. Abit older but it’s her nonetheless. I love how good a job they did on the ce.

I don't hear any lady voices at all. I only hear Grandpa Joe and Willy Wonka mostly. Hmmmm...

#3741 4 years ago

Hallmark is clearing out their keepsake ornaments. The Wonka Oompa Loompa ones are now 75% off ($4.50) with free shipping to a local store:

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-oompa-loompa-ornament-1799QXI3379.html

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hallmark is clearing out their keepsake ornaments. The Wonka Oompa Loompa ones are now 75% off ($4.50) with free shipping to a local store:
https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-oompa-loompa-ornament-1799QXI3379.html

Picked up a couple of these this year. One thing to keep in mind: even a glancing blow from an airball would completely destroy this ornament (not unlike the default ones that came with the early machines! Zing.), so if you use it on your playfield, think hard about the placement.

Still, I have seen people selling these as "mods" for upwards of $40 already...

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Delt31,
What is your build date? I am assuming that your playfield looks ok and void of pooling?
This issue has kept me on the sidelines from buying this title.

Don't recall exactly but yes, looks great. Previous owner also took additional preventative measures. Ultimately I wouldn't have that as the only thing to sideline you if you're interested in this game.

#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't recall exactly but yes, looks great. Previous owner also took additional preventative measures. Ultimately I wouldn't have that as the only thing to sideline you if you're interested in this game.

My Oct30 build date was fine,no playfield issues

#3745 4 years ago

I do feel a tad annoyed, nay disappointed that the CE has additional call outs over the LE.

I am / was considering getting a Wonka LE, the CE is just too much to pay for a machine.

What ever happened to JJP just keeping the difference purely cosmetic?

So I may now hold off and get another machine.

Anyone know how many extra call outs there are? Does it make much of a difference?

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I do feel a tad annoyed, nay disappointed that the CE has additional call outs over the LE.
I am / was considering getting a Wonka LE, the CE is just too much to pay for a machine.
Anyone know how many extra call outs there are? Does it make much of a difference?

I don't quite follow... How could anyone be annoyed? The CE costs more for a reason... I doubt she did those callouts for "free"... I think it's a really neat and creative way to differentiate the LE from the CE beyond just color/graphics.

I don't have a number on extra callouts but I hear her voice all the time, it's actually very well done.

Jeff

#3747 4 years ago

FYI, I installed Titan rubber slings and apparently they are thicker than the stock ones as the ball immediately started getting stuck in the inner left outlane between the post and the back side of the left sling rubber. I was able to correct by trimming the post rubber down a bit that separates the outlanes on the left side. Anyone else running into this with Titan rubbers? I am just curious as I haven't seen this before and am just wondering if the tolerances are really that tight or if something else may be up?

Thanks,
Jeff

#3748 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I wouldn’t loose sleep over it Julian, come over and have a go on my CE.. it’s not worth the extra £££ for a CE in my opinion..

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I wouldn’t loose sleep over it Julian, come over and have a go on my CE.. it’s not worth the extra £££ for a CE in my opinion..

Thanks mate, I will deffo take you up on that, I played Simon's LE just wondering about missing call-outs.

How are you liking it? Also how does it compare to say DI?

#3750 4 years ago

Got my LE last week and loving it but there’s no visual of Violet blowing up like a blueberry? Or Agustus being stuck in the pipe? Such big wonderful scenes from the movie that I had assumed would make it into the game.

B85A9222-3744-4735-88E1-40C9ADA81FF3 (resized).jpegB85A9222-3744-4735-88E1-40C9ADA81FF3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/75?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.