IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 278.
#3501 4 years ago

Solved my wonkavator finally. It turned out the screw was blocking the road out, so I have removed it and now it all works (even though it´s ofc abit loose).

IMG_0201.jpgIMG_0201.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0206.jpg
#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I usually do it the old fashion way and call Steve Llyod or new guy James

What ever happend to frank at jjp? I loved frank great guy very helpful I been trying to call and left message for some parts that I missing with no reply back..

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What ever happend to frank at jjp?

Been gone from JJP for some months.

Quoted from Blackzarak:

I been trying to call and left message for some parts that I missing with no reply back..

To buy please call Shannan. For warranty stuff call Steve.

LTG : )

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

To buy please call Shannan.

Shannan is great to deal with. She really knows her stuff and is very responsive.

#3505 4 years ago

Didn't quite get to post any pictures, so far the game is a hit in the house

wonka1 (resized).jpgwonka1 (resized).jpgwonka2 (resized).jpgwonka2 (resized).jpg
#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Solved my wonkavator finally. It turned out the screw was blocking the road out, so I have removed it and now it all works (even though it´s ofc abit loose).[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird as the screw don't mess mine or anyone else's up?wonder what is different about yours. Maybe try a smaller flatter screw

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Been gone from JJP for some months.

To buy please call Shannan. For warranty stuff call Steve.

No it should be warranty items I'm missing trying to get from jjp. Back then I would call and if they don't respond I will get a call back when I left a message which would always be frank and he took care of things now I get nothing.

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

No it should be warranty items I'm missing trying to get from jjp. Back then I would call and if they don't respond I will get a call back when I left a message which would always be frank and he took care of things now I get nothing.

Keep trying Steve then.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Keep trying Steve then.

Try James he answers

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Try James he answers

Is he new ? Chicago or NJ ?

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is he new ? Chicago or NJ ?

I believe James is Jersey

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Cool. Maybe he was hired to replace Frank ?

Disclaimer : I'm always the last to know.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Searches turn up Bensenville, IL

Maybe works out of the Chicago office ?

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is seriously borked. Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. Look at the bottom of the unit. See the huge plastic nut thingy ? Loosen it, then raise or lower the rotating circle as needed. Then retighten the big plastic nut.
You have then successfully unborked it.

So I've adjusted the mechanism using the big white nut thingy and its set level with the playfield. However as soon as the mech rotates the plastic disk rises again. By applying pressure to the plastic it noticeably clicks downwards into place, it just wont stay there. Feels like the plastic disk itself is not firmly attached underneath.

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Feels like the plastic disk itself is not firmly attached underneath.

Give Steve a call. I don't know if it can be loose or tightened.

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Weird as the screw don't mess mine or anyone else's up?wonder what is different about yours. Maybe try a smaller flatter screw

Even weirder is that it worked first games, but got worse and worse until no ball could exit anymore. Screw was thight aswell. Yes, found a flatter screw and mounted it, now it works

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Give Steve a call. I don't know if it can be loose or tightened.

Sounds like there slack in the large threading at that point?

#3518 4 years ago

My WONKA CE was delivered Tuesday- unboxed this morning.

Couple of questions: Anyone having issues with loud transformer?

Also - in the description of the CE - what is the RED most secret machine? Should this be powder coated red?

Right now I can’t see any difference between CE, LE & SE editions of the secret machine?

#3519 4 years ago

Unboxed my LE today and i have a similar loud transformer hum.

Otherwise ootb no problems. My first real pin, to say I am stoked is an understatement

#3520 4 years ago

Looks like Santa is dropping off Wonka pins all around the globe!

#3521 4 years ago

Just got the email from my distributor that my SE will be ready for pickup next week! It may not sound special but I put the order in in July, so I've been patiently waiting.

#3522 4 years ago

Nearly everything is encrypted in the wonka image, but the installation screens for upgrades are not. I took all four of them and put them in a slideshow screensaver. I'm talking about the ones with the JJP logo that say things like "install in progress". It gives me a smile during the day at work when I see it.

#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Yes, that is not understandable.
The LED strip costs a dollar, and the camera cover so that the light is not reflected 50 cents.

did you made it yourself or did you bought this as a complete mod?

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My WONKA CE was delivered Tuesday- unboxed this morning.
Couple of questions: Anyone having issues with loud transformer?
Also - in the description of the CE - what is the RED most secret machine? Should this be powder coated red?
Right now I can’t see any difference between CE, LE & SE editions of the secret machine?

I have it too. 76 db inside outside maybe 55 db
But my PotC (70) and the DI (70) are nearly at the same level.
I've never heared anything from the US owner here.
May it's the different voltage in Europe.

But my guess is, if you decouple the transformer from the cab it will be much better.
My plan is to put some foam rubber under the transformer, so the cab cannot act like a corpus anymore.
The cab amplified the noise like a guitar corpus.

#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I’d like to know also.

#3526 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Yes, that is not understandable.
The LED strip costs a dollar, and the camera cover so that the light is not reflected 50 cents.

Add me to the list of wanting to know more.

#3527 4 years ago

Camera cover? I have the full backglass lighting and have no issue with reflection?

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I haven’t see a CE, but is the difference the LED light in the machine. It’s blue in the SE and LE, and red in the CE?

Is this it? It’s been bugging me too and no one seems to ask this question!

#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Is this it? It’s been bugging me too and no one seems to ask this question!

From the website.

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).pngWONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Because of the many asks a short explanation.

What is needed:
LED Stripe 12V, I prefer warm white.
Soldering iron, shrink sleeve, some cable.
LED dimmer who wants to control the brightness necessarily, there is also a radio version.
Some cardboard to cover the camera.

I do not use the original stripe, as it usually does not match the color of the new lighting.
Since my stripe was not isolated at the back, I stuck it on the metal tape underneath

Execution:
Measure the stripe, cut it, solder the cable and insulate with shrink tubing, glue and connect to the old connection of the lighting.
Always pay attention to plus and minus.

I assume no liability for damage.
Greetings Peter

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#3531 4 years ago

Hi Group. Just received my CE about a week ago. I noticed that when I start a game the "W O N" on the smoke stack are already lit. That seems odd to me. Has anyone else noticed or had this? Do I have the game on super easy mode? I haven't changed anything in the settings yet, all factory...

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz71:

Hi Group. Just received my CE about a week ago. I noticed that when I start a game the "W O N" on the smoke stack are already lit. That seems odd to me. Has anyone else noticed or had this? Do I have the game on super easy mode? I haven't changed anything in the settings yet, all factory...

Mine was also on super easy, I changed it to easy. Enjoy it and it feels challenging. Fun pin Worth 17 000 USD with customs to Sweden, nah..

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz71:

That's the factory default rules...you'll notice the factory modes, super x modes, and captive ball modes all become harder to start as you progress through the game. They give you a head start on the first few as a way to ease you into the game. If you find that to be too easy, there's plenty of rules customization available in the menus.

#3534 4 years ago

Out of curiosity, has anyone that put in the claim for the clearcoat pooling received a replacement playfield?

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Out of curiosity, has anyone that put in the claim for the clearcoat pooling received a replacement playfield?

I’m pretty sure replacement playfields were sent out per earlier threads

#3536 4 years ago

Hmm. Interesting. I put in a ticket months ago and was approved but never got it

#3537 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hmm. Interesting. I put in a ticket months ago and was approved but never got it

I would call a lot until I got it

#3538 4 years ago

My pooling isnt as bad as most, but i would like to have it. I texted my distributor, awaiting a response

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

My pooling isnt as bad as most, but i would like to have it. I texted my distributor, awaiting a response

Squeaky wheel gets the grease

#3540 4 years ago

Per my distributor it will be going out in a couple weeks, probably early jan

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m pretty sure replacement playfields were sent out per earlier threads

Populated or just regular replacements?

I haven't heard back from JJP either with regards to prior reported playfield issues. . I contacted them last week about a warranty replacement on another item and have not heard back from phone or email messages. Hopefully just a holidays thing.

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Populated or just regular replacements?
I haven't heard back from JJP either with regards to prior reported playfield issues. . I contacted them last week about a warranty replacement on another item and have not heard back from phone or email messages. Hopefully just a holidays thing.

I was told this last week by JJP customer service that they don’t have a shipment date for replacement playfields at this time.

#3543 4 years ago

Any new code information coming for Wonka?I heard someone who can't be named say there was
hidden candy codes in game,any truth to this?

#3544 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Any new code information coming for Wonka?I heard someone who can't be named say there was
hidden candy codes in game,any truth to this?

Check out this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-candy-kodes

#3546 4 years ago

Added a stern spike shaker from pinballlife. Shaker integration is really well done in this game, among the best I’ve seen. It’s not just hit something and it goes off, but in some cases it’s integrated into the code and continually pulses. Well worth it.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Didn't quite get to post any pictures, so far the game is a hit in the house[quoted image][quoted image]

How would you compare your Wonka to the Stern JP sitting next to it?

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They are both good to excellent.. wonka has lots more bells and whistles like the lighting , magnets galore and just great fit and finish. Jp2 shoots nice and has some neat stuff going on the premium/le with lots of shots and ramps. I will be adding the premium soon once I sell a few pins....sucks being out of room bc love my current collection.

#3549 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In all honesty from my current pin collection Wonka is the pin that keeps me coming back for more and I enjoy it very much if anything I would consider selling it only to get a LE just because I like it that much. Sterns new Jp is good which I own as well but for some reason wonkas light show, shots, code design makes it great dont get me wrong sterns jp is really good as well but doesnt have that factor for me personally. Please dont bash on my opinion

#3550 4 years ago

I played SternJP at Tappers in Indianapolis,free plug for Bud.
Anyway I dropped 5 bucks real quick and seemed like a lot of fun.
I’m thinking maybe in the near future if I can find one with a good playfield

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.