IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 280.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

YOU! YOU took the number I wanted!!

What? You mean 42? Yeah, I got it. After all, it is the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything.

#3452 4 years ago

Regarding me getting cheated out of extra balls

Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Likely, the game settings changed to only award points for the extra ball.

That fits. They must have changed the EB award for a tournament night, and forgot to change it back. Nex time I’m in I’ll leave a Post It note for the operator.

I admit, when I was looking for those EBs, any point award would have flown under my radar.

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Does it cost extra to chose number?

No. When I got my JJPOTC CE, about a year ago, Joe Newhart (@pinballstar) gave me my pick of the three machines he had available. 42 was an easy choice. And by putting down my deposit for WWCF in April, Joe let me reserve CE #42.

I hit the jackpot if JJ ever makes a Hitchhiker’s Guide.

#3454 4 years ago

Would you swap an Iron Maiden LE for a Wonka LE? I'm considering doing just that. Interested to know the thoughts of other Wonka owners. Hope this question is allowable in this thread.

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Would you swap an Iron Maiden LE for a Wonka LE? I'm considering doing just that. Interested to know the thoughts of other Wonka owners. Hope this question is allowable in this thread.

I have a buddy who has Iron Maiden and he loves my Wonka SE
They are both great shooters with 4 flippers and lots of shots.Wonka is better for me better light light show ,sound and theme

#3456 4 years ago

I know I’m repeating myself but is anyone working on a Wonkatania topper?I think I’ve completed my SE so I just need to crown it!

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Yes, if you've gotten your fill of IMDNLE. I really enjoyed that game, got the full experience, then moved on to Willy Wonka. I'm now enjoying Wonka, but will move it on eventually. There are no keepers.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know I’m repeating myself but is anyone working on a Wonkatania topper?I think I’ve completed my SE so I just need to crown it!

I have my own printed.
topper (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpg

t2 (resized).jpgt2 (resized).jpg
#3459 4 years ago

Sweet,and I really like the backglass lighting I wish JJP would just add at factory

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sweet,and I really like the backglass lighting I wish JJP would just add at factory

Blasphemy!

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes, that is not understandable.
The LED strip costs a dollar, and the camera cover so that the light is not reflected 50 cents.

#3462 4 years ago

Oops we’ll at least I can tell everyone how great your Wonkvator is!

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I have my own printed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why the extra “M” after 10A.M.?

#3464 4 years ago

I lifted and set up my Wonka CE today as well as one for @gasoline. Good times!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GPCdxkGHMbJD

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Why the extra “M” after 10A.M.?

The design is not mine, make a new one with the date of birth or LE number of the pinball machine.
This was just a test print of the size.

#3466 4 years ago

Just got my CE what’s this loose usb cable plug into? It was loose in the bottom.

61EB91A9-8EB6-4D22-98B5-EAC8732698B9 (resized).jpeg61EB91A9-8EB6-4D22-98B5-EAC8732698B9 (resized).jpeg
#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just got my CE what’s this loose usb cable plug into? It was loose in the bottom.[quoted image]

Return it, clearly a piece of junk!

Just kidding. It's actually a pretty thoughtful design... it fits a USB stick so you can update code without having to open the backbox up. Enjoy

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Return it, clearly a piece of junk!
Just kidding. It's actually a pretty thoughtful design... it fits a USB stick so you can update code without having to open the backbox up. Enjoy

Pretty soon it will go wi fi right?

#3469 4 years ago

Also one more question. These two balls where stuck in the game when I opened it up. It’s stuck on the magnet. I’m trying to fire them In test to free them up but I’ve been unsuccessful as I’m new to this test menu. Are these for multiball I assume?
B529D547-E57E-4C3C-8061-B3CA2F9D380A (resized).jpegB529D547-E57E-4C3C-8061-B3CA2F9D380A (resized).jpeg

#3470 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Also one more question. These two balls where stuck in the game when I opened it up. It’s stuck on the magnet. I’m trying to fire them In test to free them up but I’ve been unsuccessful as I’m new to this test menu. Are these for multiball I assume?
[quoted image]

The first ball is actually bolted to the playfield. It's called a 'newton' ball. You hit the newton ball with the game ball and it will drive the other ball in the channel up to the yellow target at the top of that lane. Perfectly normal.

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Pretty soon it will go wi fi right?

For future wifi updates a dongle would plug into that usb cable ... once the development and beta testing is completed. In progress.

#3472 4 years ago

Gumby510. Your wonka ce is clearly a lemon.. your best bet is to trade me straight up for my very well playing and very well modded le. Let me know.. thanks

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Gumby510. Your wonka ce is clearly a lemon.. your best bet is to trade me straight up for my very well playing and very well modded le. Let me know.. thanks

The CE is sweet I have pin envy!

#3474 4 years ago

What's the general honest opinion on this game so far? Keep debating between Wonka and star wars comic. Opinions?

#3475 4 years ago

Wonka is the fun that just keeps coming!Its just very addictive and super challenging.
JJP's feel solid and I love the large monitors

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What's the general honest opinion on this game so far? Keep debating between Wonka and star wars comic. Opinions?

Wonka by a mile, easy. And I do own both. (My Star Wars is the original though.)

#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I think it comes down to what theme you like more. Each are very different games and what else you have in your collection. I sold my Deadpool pro and picked up the wonka ce. I had never played it before I paid for it. I did drive to California to play a wonka SE last week. I say play both as much as you can and decide. Wonka is amazing with so many shots and the playfield lighting effects just leave you mesmerized.

896F0AB7-86F8-4FF0-BBB1-F37808301CE1 (resized).jpeg896F0AB7-86F8-4FF0-BBB1-F37808301CE1 (resized).jpegB329B841-789D-4139-BDF1-19A5863F1A4A (resized).jpegB329B841-789D-4139-BDF1-19A5863F1A4A (resized).jpeg
#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I had a Star Wars for three years and loved every minute of it. Traded it for a Wonka SE last week, no complaints and having a blast with it.

Will I keep it for 3 years? Probably not.

Both are great choices, and I do feel that the SE is a much better value than SW with the amount of features and build quality.

But SW is one of those games that never gets stale with the speed, flow, and infinite ways to blow it up. Some people REALLY hate the code on SW though, so make sure you play a bunch prior to purchasing to make sure it clicks if you decide to go that route.

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka by a mile, easy. And I do own both. (My Star Wars is the original though.)

I know Star Wars comic version looks better,but gameplay is the same?

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know Star Wars comic version looks better,but gameplay is the same?

Yes, same gameplay. The main issues I have with the code:

1. The multiplier timeout which requires you to stop what you’re doing and hurryup to feed it. Constantly.
2. Overuse of the video mode which itself a tedious game.

Star Wars was my first pin and I have a soft spot for it, but we really don’t play it these days.

#3482 4 years ago

Oh crap check this out!I was actually sweating!My high score was 4.2 mil

935FD663-A96E-40A4-88AF-F8D68A22E15C (resized).jpeg935FD663-A96E-40A4-88AF-F8D68A22E15C (resized).jpegC381BB4E-8AD8-4B2D-86CE-44F9C14B16FD (resized).jpegC381BB4E-8AD8-4B2D-86CE-44F9C14B16FD (resized).jpeg
#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh crap check this out!I was actually sweating!My high score was 4.2 mil[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap... Did you get all 5 golden tickets?

Jeff

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Holy crap... Did you get all 5 golden tickets?
Jeff

No I think I got three including factory for first time.I focused on setting up multiballs Wonka ball counts and captive ball increasers

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No I think I got three including factory for first time.I focused on setting up multiballs Wonka ball counts and captive ball increasers

Nice job! I’ve only received 2 golden tickets so far. I use that same strategy

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Nice job! I’ve only received 2 golden tickets so far. I use that same strategy

Thanks I got in the zone for alittle while

#3487 4 years ago

Nice score man.. the game gets intense the further you dig in. It really is a amazing pin and I think if more people get over the sound and speech/video sync and actually play the game they will be amazed how good it really is. I can't explain why it's so good it just is and the longer I have it the more I like it which is opposite of most pins. I think it will b like potc in a year or so and be very well liked and in demand. I personally like it much more than potc which I will be selling soon to bring in newer pins. I can wait till toy s is released but looks like that cld be a while unfortunately.

#3488 4 years ago

Wonka is 6.7• all factory settings
and your right it got pretty intense
That was only my third time at Wonkas office,if you slow it down that bonus is easy to win.The first time I was kind of busy lookin around

#3489 4 years ago

i would pick Wonka over every pin out there right now. i own IMDN premium, have played a ton of Star Wars, as well as JJPOTC and I just bought WOZ. I think WONKA outshines all of those easily. the only game that comes close to Wonka is IMDN for fun factor and shot count. the rest are just a bit behind. POTC is a close third on these options.

the best part is, i'm not good enough to really pierce the game too deep, so the game will ALWAYS have something i want to see and achieve. always! a blessing and a curse.

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Would do it in a heartbeat, providing no playfield issues.

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think if more people get over the sound and speech/video sync and actually play the game they will be amazed how good it really is.

I couldn't agree more.

KanedaWonkaLarge.jpgKanedaWonkaLarge.jpg
#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I couldn't agree more.[quoted image]

The sounds and everything else is actually very good and I have no issue with it at all.

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The sounds and everything else is actually very good and I have no issue with it at all.

I’m fine with game as is but it would be cool if that could add something like they did with Dialed In

#3494 4 years ago

CE arrived a week ago. What a GAME! Never played a better pin in my 43 year life! Totally addictive. However some days ago last ball got stuck in wonkavator. I tried changing elevator release lock both up and down with no sucess. Now all 3 balls get stuck and game is literally unplayable. Have contacted JJP with tickets and direct mail, no response yet. Are they generally slow in answrering? Any ideas?

#3495 4 years ago

I usually do it the old fashion way and call Steve Llyod or new guy James

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

CE arrived a week ago. What a GAME! Never played a better pin in my 43 year life! Totally addictive. However some days ago last ball got stuck in wonkavator. I tried changing elevator release lock both up and down with no sucess. Now all 3 balls get stuck and game is literally unplayable. Have contacted JJP with tickets and direct mail, no response yet. Are they generally slow in answrering? Any ideas?

Did you try going into the coil test and checking if the Wonkavator release coil (that may not be the real name) is working? Go into the switch test and see of the optos in the Wonkavator are working. Are there 6 balls loaded in the game?

Rob

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Did you try going into the coil test and checking if the Wonkavator release coil (that may not be the real name) is working? Go into the switch test and see of the optos in the Wonkavator are working. Are there 6 balls loaded in the game?
Rob

Timing seems wrong when balls are releasing, it´s like the "plunge" is not letting entire balls go through and insted shoots it stuck up there. I tried to do coiltest now, it says i should press start to test, but nothings happen when i press start (cant test any coils), it seems??

#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from Northstar1976:

Timing seems wrong when balls are releasing, it´s like the "plunge" is not letting entire balls go through and insted shoots it stuck up there. I tried to do coiltest now, it says i should press start to test, but nothings happen when i press start (cant test any coils), it seems??

You may need to be sure the coin door is closed when you hit the start button... Open coin door = no high voltage.

#3499 4 years ago

I've just received my Wonka SE, the plastic rotating circle under the gobstopper with the hole in it, is raised from the playfield slightly leaving a pronounced lip. If I apply pressure it 'CLICKS' down to being flush, however when it rotates it immediately lifts back up. Any clues as to what's going on and hope to fix?

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Any clues as to what's going on and hope to fix?

It is seriously borked. Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. Look at the bottom of the unit. See the huge plastic nut thingy ? Loosen it, then raise or lower the rotating circle as needed. Then retighten the big plastic nut.

You have then successfully unborked it.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/70?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.