IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 278.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from smsteve:

On an unrelated note, I just completed payment for CE #42.

YOU! YOU took the number I wanted!!

I'm in for #19, chosen as a fallback for the year of manufacture.

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

YOU! YOU took the number I wanted!!
I'm in for #19, chosen as a fallback for the year of manufacture.

Does it cost extra to chose number?

#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from smsteve:

I (as a player) have an issue with a machine on location at Shorty’s in Seattle (LE #37, BTW). It’s cheating me out of my extra balls, and I have no idea why. It didn’t used to do that.

Two things come to mind. Balls are magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right. And check the plunger that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane. If sticking up a tiny bit too high, it can trap the balls. The coil/plunger is on an adjustable bracket that can be moved down. Not too much, up or down.

LTG : )

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Ok, so I took a closer look again at my autoplunge situation. I bent the left fork back to straight, but that doesn't seem to affect my results. I'm not seeing the forks "jumping" or doing anything that catches my eye as strange.
It seems like the first auto plunge after a "rest" goes ok, but then things get progressively weak. To test this, I went to the "diverter test" which would let me serve balls to be auto plunged by hitting start. When I'd try like a series of 4 balls with about 2 or 3 seconds between then, the pattern seems that it winds-up being weaker with each launch...sometimes the 4th ball wouldn't make it out of the shooter lane.
One thing that I notice is that the plastic wrap on my coil is a bit melted/shredded. Any chance it's heating up more than it ought to and somehow getting slightly weaker as it gets warmer (pretty weak theory, I know)? None of my other coils seem to have such an appearance.

So, it seems like the motion of the plunger into the coil sleeve isn't silky smooth. When I manually move the forks, the plunger into the coil sleeve (which I just cleaned) is almost sticky compared to all my other coils. And when I release it, the spring back is also a bit sluggish. Does anyone have a picture of their auto plunger mech with the coil so I can see the alignment. I feel like maybe things just aren't lined up properly and I'm generating a bit of friction.... That night explain why the first few auto plunges after a rest are better than the 4th or 5th in a string.
That being said, I don't see a lot of places where this can be adjusted.

Thanks again for your thought cycles.

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

So, it seems like the motion of the plunger into the coil sleeve isn't silky smooth. When I manually move the forks, the plunger into the coil sleeve (which I just cleaned) is almost sticky compared to all my other coils. And when I release it, the spring back is also a bit sluggish. Does anyone have a picture of their auto plunger mech with the coil so I can see the alignment. I feel like maybe things just aren't lined up properly and I'm generating a bit of friction.... That night explain why the first few auto plunges after a rest are better than the 4th or 5th in a string.

Before the plunger fires, should the ball be touching the forks of the plunger or resting on the to of the manual shooter? Mine is resting on the tip of the shooter rod, but even if I pull back the shooter rod to let the ball get to the forks, it's no guarantee that the auto plunge will be successful.

This is driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure that I got the Wonka with every possible problem.

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

If the plunger feels sticky, and you can't smoothly move the forks, that is your problem.

1. Make sure the metal bracket holding the autoplunger isn't bent weird - that can cause the plunger to go in at an angle and reduce power.
2. EDIT: I see you already inspected/cleaned the sleeve so it's not that.

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the plunger feels sticky, and you can't smoothly move the forks, that is your problem.
1. Make sure the metal bracket holding the autoplunger isn't bent weird - that can cause the plunger to go in at an angle and reduce power.
2. EDIT: I see you already inspected/cleaned the sleeve so it's not that.

I think I may have it sorted out. There was a slight angle to the whole mech. A very slight slight bend to the mechanism seems to have it lined up better and has the plunger moving freely in the coil sleeve. I've just played a couple test games and so far the auto plunge is working well.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Hope your CE gets there soon! Can't wait to see it on the stream!

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I'm pretty sure that I got the Wonka with every possible problem.

I think I'd give you a run for your money. We could compare notes but I don't want to tempt the pinball gods since nothing has broken in a week or two. Nice Wonka. Niiiice Wonka. <pets the machine>

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I think I may have it sorted out. There was a slight angle to the whole mech. A very slight slight bend to the mechanism seems to have it lined up better and has the plunger moving freely in the coil sleeve. I've just played a couple test games and so far the auto plunge is working well.
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Hope your CE gets there soon! Can't wait to see it on the stream!

Woot, glad to hear it! I had that angle issue on one of my POTC LE machines.

Wonka CE shipped today and lands next Wednesday, can't wait!

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I think I'd give you a run for your money. We could compare notes but I don't want to tempt the pinball gods since nothing has broken in a week or two. Nice Wonka. Niiiice Wonka. &lt;pets the machine&gt;

Just think of all the stuff we are learning though (well, at least I'm learning)!

I get more mail from Shannan (JJP parts lady) than I get from anyone else these days. I probably owe her a Christmas card.

If I didn't adore the game so much, it would be out the door already.

#3411 4 years ago

New member to the Club. CE #24 arrived on Tuesday. The game is awesome! When I use the headphone jack, I only get volume out of the right ear piece. Any body else had this issue?

#3412 4 years ago

has anyone put extra ledstips in the backbox?
I would like to illuminate around the screen with white led strips (no RGB)
how easy is this?

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

how easy is this?

Was wondering the the same thing. Seems like one could leverage the strip that is already there.

#3414 4 years ago

how easy is this?

Many times and someone sells kits for it on Pinside. There are pictures in the ads too so you can evaluate the look.

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Many times and someone sells kits for it on Pinside. There are pictures in the ads too so you can evaluate the look.

Found it, it's a Lermod, available on MezelMods:

https://mezelmods.com/products/willy-wonka-pinball-translight-illumination-kit

#3416 4 years ago

Thx, it’s actually ours, mezel is one of our resellers. With our rgb, you can choose colors, including white, or have it rotate through all the colors, which is my preference.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-rgbtranslight-kit

#3417 4 years ago

how easy is this?

Mine has this

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx, it’s actually ours, mezel is one of our resellers. With our rgb, you can choose colors, including white, or have it rotate through all the colors, which is my preference.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-rgbtranslight-kit

Oops, sorry about that! Updated.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine has this

you did it yourself?

#3420 4 years ago

you did it yourself?

Was like that when I bought it.. it's the kit mentioned above. It is nice and really lights up the backglass nice. I will probably add it to all my jjp pins

#3421 4 years ago

I finally broke the 5 million mark!
I “ got a super jackpot on Oompa Loompa multiball,I always get the first extra ball usually on ball three by the way.What I want to know is where are all the extra balls on this game?I’ve gotten the special extra ball once or twice randomly
I need to know how to get more extras to get better!

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I finally broke the 5 million mark!
I “ got a super jackpot on Oompa Loompa multiball,I always get the first extra ball usually on ball three by the way.What I want to know is where are all the extra balls on this game?I’ve gotten the special extra ball once or twice randomly
I need to know how to get more extras to get better!

The ones I know about:

1. Hitting all the (dangerous) standups
2. Computer award
3. Captive ball mystery award

#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ones I know about:
1. Hitting all the (dangerous) standups
2. Computer award
3. Captive ball mystery award

I didn’t know about the stand ups extra ball how does that qualify?
Did you get your CE yet?I have to admit I’m actually jealous that artwork is beautiful on the CE

#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you get your CE yet?I have to admit I’m actually jealous that artwork is beautiful on the CE

Wednesday

#3425 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Candy targets - Three small standup targets are located around the playfield. One is located between the left lane and left orbit, one is located between the center ramp and right orbit, and one is located to the left of the right ramp. Hitting these standup targets enough times will light the Extra Ball and progress towards other features. The lower left and right targets are particularly dangerous to shoot head on, sometimes resulting in a quick center drain. (Most of these aren’t worth going for - make them more valuable!)

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Candy targets - Three small standup targets are located around the playfield. One is located between the left lane and left orbit, one is located between the center ramp and right orbit, and one is located to the left of the right ramp. Hitting these standup targets enough times will light the Extra Ball and progress towards other features. The lower left and right targets are particularly dangerous to shoot head on, sometimes resulting in a quick center drain. (Most of these aren’t worth going for - make them more valuable!)

Doing you know how many times?
And I have to accept the fact that extra balls are not score related.I liked that about Dialed In.Nothing more dramatic to be so close and than sdtm

#3427 4 years ago

Anyone got a good list of replacement rubbers? Was going to take advantage of the Titan sale but Wonka isn't in their database yet so I was just thinking of doing the flippers and few other sizes that I'm 100% sure I know.

Thanks,
Jeff

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Doing you know how many times?
And I have to accept the fact that extra balls are not score related.I liked that about Dialed In.Nothing more dramatic to be so close and than sdtm

I think the default is 3 completions to light EB, and it's adjustable in the settings.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I think the default is 3 completions to light EB, and it's adjustable in the settings.

Thank you sir,I’m going to the garage for some target practice

#3430 4 years ago

Game wouldn't turn on today. Slight humming noise. The pin wasn't moved or played since yesterday when it was fully operational. Picture of the boards in the head below. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

IMG_0824 (resized).jpgIMG_0824 (resized).jpg
#3431 4 years ago

can a wonkavator ball lock be added to a standard game?

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Game wouldn't turn on today. Slight humming noise. The pin wasn't moved or played since yesterday when it was fully operational. Picture of the boards in the head below. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?[quoted image]

Had the same thing happen to me on POTC yesterday. Open the metal box, and locate the PWR pins. Jumper those and see if it comes to life. It it doesn't, power off and jumper the CLR CMOS pins, then power on and jumper the PWR pins.

#3434 4 years ago

Thanks for the pic. Jump = short with metal object. Right?

#3435 4 years ago

Right. Bit of wire or screwdriver.

If you need to do CLR CMOS, that should be done with power -off- as I understand it.

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Right. Bit of wire or screwdriver.
If you need to do CLR CMOS, that should be done with power -off- as I understand it.

That did the trick. Thanks!

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

That did the trick. Thanks!

Hooray! Glad to hear it. This was a heart-stopping experience for me yesterday on POTC

#3438 4 years ago

How you guys liking Wonka so far compared to DI or potc? I'm considering another pin, and I'm not sure if Wonka is it. I like games with big moments, and a story/adventure progression. Opinions?

#3439 4 years ago

Joined the club today with an SE. This game is incredible! So many smooth shots and unpredictable ball paths, great light show, infinitely stackable non-linear modes... but you guys probably knew that already

But yeah, magic in a box for sure and what a killer value!

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How you guys liking Wonka so far compared to DI or potc? I'm considering another pin, and I'm not sure if Wonka is it. I like games with big moments, and a story/adventure progression. Opinions?

Have owned DI for a while and yet to tire of it. Tough call. Wonka has a lot more shots. DI has more “stuff”. Both shoot great and feel like keepers to me. I’ve owned Wonka for a day so I’m probably a terrible person to answer this.

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Anyone got a good list of replacement rubbers? Was going to take advantage of the Titan sale but Wonka isn't in their database yet so I was just thinking of doing the flippers and few other sizes that I'm 100% sure I know.
Thanks,
Jeff

It was mentioned above the slings are 2 1/2 in and I assume the flipper rubber is the same standard size. I ordered some slings, flipper rubber and extra balls from Titan.

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hooray! Glad to hear it. This was a heart-stopping experience for me yesterday on POTC

Anyone know what’s causing this?

#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

I thought of this when I started modding my SE,if someone wants to speculate feel free

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I thought of this when I started modding my SE,if someone wants to speculate feel free

I’m thinking not because The SE isn’t coded for it.

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Happened to me as well. Spoke to Lloyd who referred me to JJP. They said it just happens sometimes. I jump the power pins and it started up. Never happened again

I have a Harry Houdini Pop eliminator which ties into the speakers. I thought it might be that but like I said never did it twice.

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There was speculation that kids turning the machines on/off rapidly during the holiday visits could be a factor.
I'm less sure of this after it happened to me yesterday, as the machine was never toggled in this way.

I saw some weirdness in the days leading up to the event. One game the PC shut down entirely, killing the game. On bootup, I'd briefly get trash on the screen (the JJP logo one prior to the text mode boot sequence.)

I'm wondering if some motherboard defect is causing CMOS corruption over time.

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

When I got into Wonka I was concerned that I wouldn't like it as much as POTC, and would be disappointed in the purchase.

For us anyway, it's a very different game from POTC - we ended up liking it as much but for very different reasons.
It has complemented POTC without displacing it.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

No.

LTG : )

#3449 4 years ago

A little late but funny as hell...

77055276_10162878112745106_9192549238414770176_n (resized).jpg77055276_10162878112745106_9192549238414770176_n (resized).jpg
#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

A little late but funny as hell...[quoted image]

No shit! My son was 8 and says to me he looks fine now what the heck was he laying around for?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.