IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 278.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

It was not there when game came out of the box, JJP thinks the siderail when installed at the factory was not pushed down before the carriage bolt was tightened . So with the weight of me pushing on the lockbar when playing pushing down the siderail and the decal....I am going to loosen that carriage bolt and try a heat gun and slide it back in place. Really pisses me of but not the end of the world. Butch at JJP tells me wonka is using thicker decals and more durable than pasts games .

So are you getting a new decal? If not, I bet you could remove armor, and carefully pull it back and flatten with new adhesive. It would drive me nuts too. Good luck.

#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So are you getting a new decal? If not, I bet you could remove armor, and carefully pull it back and flatten with new adhesive. It would drive me nuts too. Good luck.

Going to try and do it the JJP process first. If it doesn't work out then I will ask for a decal..

#3353 4 years ago

Set my LE to super easy mode in the menu. Proceeded to get 4 golden tickets and got to the most secret machine wizard mode. So much fun. I know wizard modes should be special and such, but I would have liked to see this one easier to get to for the simple reason of, "it's super fun". I may keep the game set on easy so that we get to experience it more. I didn't even know the mode existed.

#3354 4 years ago

Sometimes you just gotta earn it. Glad sperm attack doesn’t have an easy mode- reminds me of Halloween /4th or July/Christmas in a weird sort of way.. I’m glad it only comes once a year- makes it even more special!

#3355 4 years ago

Why the hell did they not use the sound clip You lose,Good day sir
when you tilt?

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

when you tilt?

It says "you get NOTHING!" sometimes if you opt for the super skill shot and whiff it.

But yeah, it really would fit the tilt.

#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

when you tilt?

It's used a few times...not sure where but I have heard it

#3358 4 years ago

Some good outlane/drain callouts I hope they add.

“Don’t do that!”

“Help.. police.. murder”

“Don’t just stand there, do something”

All can be found in this small clip

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

when you tilt?

Spoiler: That clip, synced with the video from the scene, plays when you drain on Wonka's Office mode. It's worth the wait.

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Spoiler: That clip, synced with the video from the scene, plays when you drain on Wonka's Office mode. It's worth the wait.

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Hell I forgot that,of course I've only been there twice

#3362 4 years ago

How do you get wonkas office and most secret machine wizard mode?

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

You need two golden tickets

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Set the game to easy mode in the settings :p

#3365 4 years ago

Anyone have an issue with installing the lock bar ? I seem to have to fight with it when installing. The issue isn't latching the lever to lock it. Its just seating it to be flush with the cabinet. I have to wiggle and push harder than you think you would.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone have an issue with installing the lock bar ? I seem to have to fight with it when installing. The issue isn't latching the lever to lock it. Its just seating it to be flush with the cabinet. I have to wiggle and push harder than you think you would.

I have this issue. Use the two brass screws where it sits to adjust it. Even with alot of adjustment mine doesn't fit great though.

#3367 4 years ago

I just noticed there's a 1.31 code update. Is this update necessary for LE owners? I saw in the release notes there's a reference to Collectors edition.

Also, its a "full install" rather than a "delta upgrade" why is that?

thanks!

#3368 4 years ago

Must have mod for your standard.. fills that empty space. Easy install.

IMG_2357 (resized).JPGIMG_2357 (resized).JPG
#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Must have mod for your standard.. fills that empty space. Easy install.[quoted image]

Hmm where is your spotlight that shines on the Wonkavator?

#3370 4 years ago

The spotlight is no longer included with the kit.

#3371 4 years ago

Wonkavator is definitely a must have,the Lermods prop turns and is activated by super lock insert light.It activates a lot more then I thought it would.They don’t include a spotlight because it has light in mod.I lit up upper left playfield with Hookedonpinball’s light strip mod,it is tied into cpu so it changes color with field,not just randomly

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonkavator is definitely a must have,the Lermods prop turns and is activated by super lock insert light.It activates a lot more then I thought it would.They don’t include a spotlight because it has light in mod.I lit up upper left playfield with Hookedonpinball’s light strip mod,it is tied into cpu so it changes color with field,not just randomly

It appears that Hooked took that light strip off of his website. I was going to buy one a few days ago and it wasn't there ... still isn't. Let us know if it turns out that there was a reason to pull it. If it is still available somewhere else, please post a link.

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Must have mod for your standard.. fills that empty space. Easy install.[quoted image]

Thx! And it fits all versions of the game and is interactive, turning on and off and spinning with the wonkavator super lock insert. Earlier versions had an external spotlight, but we felt the effect was minimal given the brightness of the light inside the wonkavator. Makes for an easier install too. We are currently out of stock, but are allowing backorders. We expect to have 5 in stock ready to ship next week. These take a long time to make and are assembled in several pieces plus the wiring.

Glad the feedback is positive, it is a very cool mod.

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx! And it fits all versions of the game and is interactive, turning on and off and spinning with the wonkavator super lock insert. Earlier versions had an external spotlight, but we felt the effect was minimal given the brightness of the light inside the wonkavator. Makes for an easier install too. We are currently out of stock, but are allowing backorders. We expect to have 5 in stock ready to ship next week. These take a long time to make and are assembled in several pieces plus the wiring.

... ... a interactive Wonkavator topper would be cool for LE people ... just thinking while typing ...

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

... ... a interactive Wonkavator topper would be cool for LE people ... just thinking while typing ...

An interactive Wonkatania would be awesome too!

#3376 4 years ago

Lermods Wonkavator is a necessity if you have a SE with all the space up there.

2FDB037A-15EA-44AE-8C34-BB801321F224 (resized).jpeg2FDB037A-15EA-44AE-8C34-BB801321F224 (resized).jpeg54DC11D4-8748-437C-81FC-B43B2FD30884 (resized).jpeg54DC11D4-8748-437C-81FC-B43B2FD30884 (resized).jpeg
#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How can an early adopter get the inside light? Looks so much better.

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

How can an early adopter get the inside light? Looks so much better.

Hmmm, I thought we made inside lights for all of them. And also included the spotlight. Mine was the first I made and it has a light inside. If yours didn't have one, I could probably make you one, but you might need to solder two wires to be able to feed it out of the wonkavator. Could have sworn we didn't make any without inside lights. Newer units also have a 3d printed box to house the relay board, which cannot be retrofitted.

Send me a pm if yours didn't have an inside light.

#3379 4 years ago

So today I bailed out of Vegas to sell my Deadpool pro. The only reason I made the journey is cause I wanted to play wonka. I have a CE on order and was kinda worried paying such a high price for a game I never played. Broke a rule in pinball but I love the theme so I said F it. Dropped off Deadpool, picked up an Atari 720 and headed to a new place called riverside game labs. I got about 5 games and and I will say it’s pretty dam good. Was cracking up at the sound it makes when you hit the pop bumpers. Don’t want to spoil it for those that have not played it yet. Also only had one drain out the pops in the few game’s I played. I have never played a Jjp game before besides woz. It felt very old school bally/ Williams if that makes sense.Can’t wait now for my CE to arrive. As a side note to they did have a stern JP pro and dam that game is really good. Anyway sorry for the long post just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Great game for sure.

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So today I bailed out of Vegas to sell my Deadpool pro. The only reason I made the journey is cause I wanted to play wonka. I have a CE on order and was kinda worried paying such a high price for a game I never played. Broke a rule in pinball but I love the theme so I said F it. Dropped off Deadpool, picked up an Atari 720 and headed to a new place called riverside game labs. I got about 5 games and and I will say it’s pretty dam good. Was cracking up at the sound it makes when you hit the pop bumpers. Don’t want to spoil it for those that have not played it yet. Also only had one drain out the pops in the few game’s I played. I have never played a Jjp game before besides woz. It felt very old school bally/ Williams if that makes sense.Can’t wait now for my CE to arrive. As a side note to they did have a stern JP pro and dam that game is really good. Anyway sorry for the long post just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Great game for sure.

Your in for a treat.. Wonka set up nice at home is so much fun. It can be a brutal sob sometimes but thats part of its charm.

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Your in for a treat.. Wonka set up nice at home is so much fun. It can be a brutal sob sometimes but thats part of its charm.

Ya got a taste today and it left me wanting more. Haha, didn’t have much time so I dropped 5$ in and got a little introduction. Can’t wait. Did notice that right ramp didn’t have that plastic on the top so the ball bounced right out a couple times. Sold Deadpool today and picked up an Atari 720 to hold me over hehe

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I bought Wonka unseen as well (and only my second pin ever in 13 years), but the pedigree of Pat Lawlor and the theme were enough for me. The game has exceeded my wilde(r)est expectations. You are going to love it. Welcome to the Factory!

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya got a taste today and it left me wanting more. Haha, didn’t have much time so I dropped 5$ in and got a little introduction. Can’t wait. Did notice that right ramp didn’t have that plastic on the top so the ball bounced right out a couple times. Sold Deadpool today and picked up an Atari 720 to hold me over hehe

Must b a earlier model ...since july the plastic has been on the right ramp

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I bought Wonka unseen as well (and only my second pin ever in 13 years), but the pedigree of Pat Lawlor and the theme were enough for me. The game has exceeded my wilde(r)est expectations. You are going to love it. Welcome to the Factory!

Its dam good pin.. also I went back and been playing my dile some also..and it's just as amazing. I'm so glad pat signed on to jjp as these are 2 of my favorite pins ever. I'm thinking toy s will b another amazing pin from my favorite duo... jjp and pat l.

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its dam good pin.. also I went back and been playing my dile some also..and it's just as amazing. I'm so glad pat signed on to jjp as these are 2 of my favorite pins ever. I'm thinking toy s will b another amazing pin from my favorite duo... jjp and pat l.

Can’t wait for Toy Story!
I do hope it’s story driven with cool modes and multi balls.So much material to work with,seems it would be difficult to narrow down

#3386 4 years ago

Let me try this again-

I just noticed there's a 1.31 code update. Is this update necessary for LE owners? I saw in the release notes there's a reference to Collectors edition.

thanks!

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Let me try this again-
thanks!

I don't think there are any critical fixes/enhancements for the LE, so in my opinion, you'd not be missing much if you decided to not install this one. That being said, I suspect that the next release will be a delta upgrade that is designed to go on top of a 1.31 update, so to pick that up (whenever that may be), you'd need to do the 1.31 upgrade before that.

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Let me try this again-
thanks!

Code updates are typically for pins of all levels - SE, LE, etc. You can read the release notes and determine if it’s worth the upgrade. I’ve never not upgraded to a new release since they often fix issues under the hood and almost always add new features and address user-reported problems. I believe it’s a full release because the incremental ones or that code base was resulting in long load times or other issues.

#3389 4 years ago

Mechanical question: My auto plunge has been getting a bit weak lately. Sometimes it will be weak enough to drop it right in the saucer. Nice for the score sometimes, but not what I'm looking for. I've cleaned the coil sleeve, but that wasn't particularly dirty or worn. JJP support said that I should try adjusting the mech a bit, but I'm not seeing any way to adjust it. I asked more on my ticket with them, but they just stopped answering.

When I look at the metal "fork" that actually hits the ball, the left side (from the players viewpoint) is bent a noticeable amount. I asked them about it, but never heard back again. Hopefully, one of you can shed some light on how I may be able to adjust this so my auto plunge is consistent again.

I also notice a fair bit of lateral play in the mech. Not sure how normal that is since I have nothing else to compare with.

Thanks

#3390 4 years ago

Added my post to the outlane. As everyone on know the supplied rubber is to big. As I was unhappy with just a steel post. Found a rubber cap in one of my kits. Made a hole in the top side and installed it. Works great just enough room for the ball to squeeze by.

15748136262368869912164273046560 (resized).jpg15748136262368869912164273046560 (resized).jpg15748137138667584316841406635185 (resized).jpg15748137138667584316841406635185 (resized).jpg

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Added my post to the outlane. As everyone on know the supplied rubber is to big. As I was unhappy with just a steel post. Found a rubber cap in one of my kits. Made a hole in the top side and installed it. Works great just enough room for the ball to squeeze by.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea.. my cut ring always moves and or breaks

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the same thing with a silicon cap. It was easy to poke that half-hole all the way through and it works great for that space.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Mechanical question: My auto plunge has been getting a bit weak lately. Sometimes it will be weak enough to drop it right in the saucer. Nice for the score sometimes, but not what I'm looking for. I've cleaned the coil sleeve, but that wasn't particularly dirty or worn. JJP support said that I should try adjusting the mech a bit, but I'm not seeing any way to adjust it. I asked more on my ticket with them, but they just stopped answering.
When I look at the metal "fork" that actually hits the ball, the left side (from the players viewpoint) is bent a noticeable amount. I asked them about it, but never heard back again. Hopefully, one of you can shed some light on how I may be able to adjust this so my auto plunge is consistent again.
I also notice a fair bit of lateral play in the mech. Not sure how normal that is since I have nothing else to compare with.
Thanks

My acdc is like this. Just pinch it closer together a bit with pliers. I have to do this once every couple years maybe. I think my woz did same thing after awhile too. Not a big deal. Just pinch. All my games have that Same side to side play as well.

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Thanks

Does the autoplunger fork jump when you plunge empty?

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does the autoplunger fork jump when you plunge empty?

Good question. I'll take a closer look at that over lunch today. Thanks.

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Good question. I'll take a closer look at that over lunch today. Thanks.

If it does, check out the POTC tech thread. A few fixes in there might apply (propping the playfield hooks, moving the plunger assembly down, washers to correct the side-side movement of the fork)

#3397 4 years ago

I (as a player) have an issue with a machine on location at Shorty’s in Seattle (LE #37, BTW). It’s cheating me out of my extra balls, and I have no idea why. It didn’t used to do that.

I can light the EB at the saucer in any normal way (stand-ups, computer award, other?). But when I make the shot, it doesn’t get awarded. Everything else (computer award, factory tour, playfield X, etc.) gets awarded, but there is no extra ball animation, and the number of remaining balls doesn’t get incremented. The EB light goes out as if it had been awarded.

Curious about what might be causing this. Is this a bug? Or is “light, but don’t award EBs” an actual setting, possibly for tournament play? I didn’t power cycle to check the software version, and obviously can’t access the settings.

On an unrelated note, I just completed payment for CE #42.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from smsteve:

I (as a player) have an issue with a machine on location at Shorty’s in Seattle (LE #37, BTW). It’s cheating me out of my extra balls, and I have no idea why. It didn’t used to do that.
I can light the EB at the saucer in any normal way (stand-ups, computer award, other?). But when I make the shot, it doesn’t get awarded. Everything else (computer award, factory tour, playfield X, etc.) gets awarded, but there is no extra ball animation, and the number of remaining balls doesn’t get incremented. The EB light goes out as if it had been awarded.
Curious about what might be causing this. Is this a bug? Or is “light, but don’t award EBs” an actual setting, possibly for tournament play? I didn’t power cycle to check the software version, and obviously can’t access the settings.
On an unrelated note, I just completed payment for CE #42.

Congrats on the CE purchase. My #40 will be coming Monday.

Likely, the game settings changed to only award points for the extra ball.

#3399 4 years ago

Ok, so I took a closer look again at my autoplunge situation. I bent the left fork back to straight, but that doesn't seem to affect my results. I'm not seeing the forks "jumping" or doing anything that catches my eye as strange.

It seems like the first auto plunge after a "rest" goes ok, but then things get progressively weak. To test this, I went to the "diverter test" which would let me serve balls to be auto plunged by hitting start. When I'd try like a series of 4 balls with about 2 or 3 seconds between then, the pattern seems that it winds-up being weaker with each launch...sometimes the 4th ball wouldn't make it out of the shooter lane.

One thing that I notice is that the plastic wrap on my coil is a bit melted/shredded. Any chance it's heating up more than it ought to and somehow getting slightly weaker as it gets warmer (pretty weak theory, I know)? None of my other coils seem to have such an appearance.

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Congrats on the CE purchase. MY #40 will be coming Monday.
Likely, the game settings changed to only award points for the extra ball.

Now that would piss me off!Its hard enough to light extra ball on Wonka,still haven’t figured out what triggers extra balls?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.