IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 280.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

sorry for the noob question

Nothing to be sorry for. Always better to ask and learn. Especially when resources like Pinside can help you because others have already learned ways to do things.

And as you learn, someday you can help others with the knowledge you've gained.

And that more than anything else. Makes pinball great.

LTG : )

#3302 4 years ago

I want to change my flipper rubbers to blue. Any suggestions on which ones to grab? I ordered some and didn't love the colors/they seem a tad too tight of a fit.
Thanks!

I just changed mine to the Titans. Blue (not light blue). They look way better than the reds IMO.

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing to be sorry for. Always better to ask and learn. Especially when resources like Pinside can help you because others have already learned ways to do things.
And as you learn, someday you can help others with the knowledge you've gained.
And that more than anything else. Makes pinball great.
LTG : )

Right on brother!

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’m pretty sure that decal is used to cover up the Selfie camera below the display screen. I recall Dialed In! Coming with a decal like this for that purpose.

Yup. That's my thought as well. It was an eyeball for DI, so this fits the theme of not being spied on, ala Slugworth.

#3305 4 years ago

So I got my le sitting next to potc and DI. Wonka seems really dark with lights off.so much I cant follow the ball that well.

The middle and back of the machine is dim. What are you guys using for extra lighting ? I am not a fan of pin stadiums . Anyone ? Thx

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So I got my le sitting next to potc and DI. Wonka seems really dark with lights off.so much I cant follow the ball that well.
The middle and back of the machine is dim. What are you guys using for extra lighting ? I am not a fan of pin stadiums . Anyone ? Thx

Here are some options we offer, but I’d suggest trough and backboard lights.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mods

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

To me, it's all part of the design. Deal with it. You can do with your own machines as you want, but I love the challenge.

#3308 4 years ago

I want to change my flipper rubbers to blue. Any suggestions on which ones to grab? I ordered some and didn't love the colors/they seem a tad too tight of a fit.
Thanks!

Mine are Titan silicone blue. Neither photo is ideal since they're being lit up by either color LEDs or an overactive flash, but anyway, I like 'em. I did the uppers as well, but no toppers on them. Might switch 'em out for light blue and see how they look. The regular blue matches the armor on the LE, but the lighter blue would match the playfield better.

IMG_20191115_002147 (resized).jpgIMG_20191115_002147 (resized).jpg

IMG_20191115_002103 (resized).jpgIMG_20191115_002103 (resized).jpg

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I’m going to ad a few spotlights

#3310 4 years ago

I love the lighting and dont really have any issues following the ball in the dark. However i cld see some people having a issue.. i wld just add spots to the sling area.. that's the only really dark area. This is the issue with all rgb lighting as it makes it kinda dark depending on colors. But potc has a ton of spot lights which is y its ok

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I love the lighting and dont really have any issues following the ball in the dark. However i cld see some people having a issue.. i wld just add spots to the sling area.. that's the only really dark area. This is the issue with all rgb lighting as it makes it kinda dark depending on colors. But potc has a ton of spot lights which is y its ok

The SE really suffers in the upper left playfield,it’s like they removed the Wonkavator and forgot to replace lighting that was part of Wonkavator.I fixed that and added a shaker from PInball Life

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Mine are Titan silicone blue. Neither photo is ideal since they're being lit up by either color LEDs or an overactive flash, but anyway, I like 'em. I did the uppers as well, but no toppers on them. Might switch 'em out for light blue and see how they look. The regular blue matches the armor on the LE, but the lighter blue would match the playfield better.

Thanks! I switched to blue titans last night. The top left flipper was a real b**ch! I also added lane drop Cliffys where the ball drops in both in lanes. Real easy install!!

Thanks for the help all

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The SE really suffers in the upper left playfield,it’s like they removed the Wonkavator and forgot to replace lighting that was part of Wonkavator.I fixed that and added a shaker from PInball Life

Well they didn't forget.. the wonkavator mech has like 9-10 lights in it.

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well they didn't forget.. the wonkavator mech has like 9-10 lights in it.

I’m guessing the LE has pretty decent lighting in the upper left area?But,I’m saying when they remove it there should have been adjustments.

#3315 4 years ago

This is for the Wonka crew at JJP
The game is awesome in every way,except the drains that happen right out of pops.Is there anyway to compensate this either mechanical or software with the magnets?Can’t wait for next title!

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The game is awesome in every way,except the drains that happen right out of pops.Is there anyway to compensate this either mechanical or software with the magnets?Can’t wait for next title!

TILT ain’t just a failed 90s rockband!

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

TILT ain’t just a failed 90s rockband!

Oh,that helps?

#3318 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh,that helps?

Yes if you do it just right.

#3319 4 years ago

Yes if you do it just right.

There’s also a pin called “Nudge it” that works

#3320 4 years ago

Time to buy replacement carbon balls for my WONKA LE. Any recommendations for a vendor?

#3321 4 years ago

I have the same topper and this is where it’s from
5F3FDF5E-C055-409D-8C51-23512B2090BF (resized).jpeg5F3FDF5E-C055-409D-8C51-23512B2090BF (resized).jpeg

728DA4D8-282A-4941-B1A5-8AA73A668BEC (resized).jpeg728DA4D8-282A-4941-B1A5-8AA73A668BEC (resized).jpeg
#3322 4 years ago

so, i have a Wonka SE. love the game so much

my game did not come with a GOODIE BAG. did all of your games come with one?

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

you gotta make sure it comes off the guide as close as possible toward the left flipper. or nudge it really good to get the ball spaced over to the right flipper

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

so, i have a Wonka SE. love the game so much
my game did not come with a GOODIE BAG. did all of your games come with one?

yes- INSIDE the coin box

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

yes- INSIDE the coin box

yeah i got nothing.

bummer for me

#3326 4 years ago

yeah i got nothing.
bummer for me

There really was much to miss lol

#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There really was much to miss lol

I'd still contact your distributer...

#3328 4 years ago

I added 2 spotlights on the slingshots. But there was a lot of reflexion in the backglass (display) so I have removed them.

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Interesting, I've heard this as a common complaint .I played various models at Expo and either it was set up so it didn't or I didn't notice it.

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Interesting, I've heard this as a common complaint .I played various models at Expo and either it was set up so it didn't or I didn't notice it.

My pin is set up properly.

#3331 4 years ago

yeah i got nothing.
bummer for me

Mine had replacement plastics for the slings, some plastic keychains, and some spare rubbers. Not a ton to miss out on, but if yours did not have one, you should call your distributor and get a replacement.

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I added 2 spotlights on the slingshots. But there was a lot of reflexion in the backglass (display) so I have removed them.

Really? I have never seen or heard of that.

#3333 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Maybe try something like this20191116_120541 (resized).jpg20191116_120541 (resized).jpg

#3334 4 years ago

Nothing like have some friends over to see your new $10k machine and every time they plunge the ball, it goes SDTM. They do this three straight times, then walk away saying, "What a waste of money! But, it's beautiful, I guess". Then you tell them they need to nudge it, every time, and they say, "What?!?"

Yeah, good times.

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Nothing like have some friends over to see your new $10k machine and every time they plunge the ball, it goes SDTM. They do this three straight times, then walk away saying, "What a waste of money! But, it's beautiful, I guess". Then you tell them they need to nudge it, every time, and they say, "What?!?"
Yeah, good times.

Too bad no one would tell them about the skill shots.

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah, good times.

Did that actually happen or is this story fiction?

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Too bad no one would tell them about the skill shots.

Because the average person who knows nothing about pinball other than how to plunge the ball and wail on the flippers is going to know what the hell a skill shot is?!?

#3338 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Because the average person who knows nothing about pinball other than how to plunge the ball and wail on the flippers is going to know what the hell a skill shot is?!?

I told people at my party last weekend that know little about pinball and they thought that was great and it became a challenge for them to try and hit the skill shot. That's a part of hosting. If they don't care, then that's their issue. But I know that you like to troll so … you win.

#3339 4 years ago

Did that actually happen or is this story fiction?

Fiction, complete fiction... That's all that person knows how to do... I would love to know whatever JJP did to that poster... I'd also love to know why they're continually allowed to post in any JJP thread...

Jeff

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fiction, complete fiction... That's all that person knows how to do... I would love to know whatever JJP did to that poster... I'd also love to know why they're continually allowed to post in any JJP thread...
Jeff

He's just a little punk ,with a keyboard.He would never talk the shit he talks face
to face with real men.

#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He's just a little punk ,with a keyboard.He would never talk the shit he talks face
to face with real men.

"Hey, why are you two fighting?"

"Well, you see. He said something negative about a pinball machine I bought"

"What?!?"

"Yeah, it was a Willy Wonka. I spent a ton of $$$ on it and I got triggered when he said something mean about it"

"Dork"

#3342 4 years ago

So I just noticed an issue with my decal near flipper game is not even a week old.
Decal is bubbling up and started to crease.
I noticed look bar from factory is very tight..

You think that can cause this ? Do you turn screws in or out to loosen lock bar ?

This is very annoying. I have and played my 30 games on it...one pic is with flash on and other without

15739497579151821220282338191322 (resized).jpg15739497579151821220282338191322 (resized).jpg15739497002258891954314345259177 (resized).jpg15739497002258891954314345259177 (resized).jpg
#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I told people at my party last weekend that know little about pinball and they thought that was great and it became a challenge for them to try and hit the skill shot. That's a part of hosting. If they don't care, then that's their issue. But I know that you like to troll so … you win.

My son friends love the skill shots even the super skill shot is awesome

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So I just noticed an issue with my decal near flipper game is not even a week old.
You think that can cause this ? Do you turn screws in or out to loosen lock bar ?
This is very annoying. I have and played my 30 games on it

This is not normal. Contact your distributor and share these photos. I'm certain they will get you a new side decal. They go on pretty easy if you use the wet method to install them.

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

The one we have is the same, set up fine, leveled correctly. Obnoxious

In the end I added an upside down post to the bracket next to the gobstopper hole. Its one out of 10 now, but always when you’re just ready setting the mode/multiplier for a kill..
ridiculed by most, but we don’t care it’s still tough as nails but at least you can play past 3 plunges stdm

#3346 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Would someone mind taking a picture of the audio board in Wonka? Doesn't look like there is a manual yet available. I am wondering if is the same board as POTC.

D08FD109-4CAC-4029-96F9-AB2374175740 (resized).jpegD08FD109-4CAC-4029-96F9-AB2374175740 (resized).jpegF930DA0B-BA99-4AFB-8719-FBAF25DDE4FD (resized).jpegF930DA0B-BA99-4AFB-8719-FBAF25DDE4FD (resized).jpeg
#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

This is very annoying. I have and played my 30 games on it...one pic is with flash on and other without[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird.. u sure it wasn't like this when u opened the pin up?

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah, good times.

That's pinball sometimes .... I've had many pins over the years be unfair /brutal. Just 2 nights ago i had a bunch of games on bsd where i never even got to flip the flippers lol. Wonka pops can b brutal but u learn to make the best of it. Remember these games are designed to beat u and take your money. Make some minor adjustments to maybe help out some and also explain to company some of the minor rules and especially the short plunge and to stay out of the pops as much as possible. I wld possibly like to c a option in the settings for a pop bumper exit ball save .

#3349 4 years ago

Been quite a while just checking in. How have the code updates been? Any improvements in video and sound?

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Weird.. u sure it wasn't like this when u opened the pin up?

It was not there when game came out of the box, JJP thinks the siderail when installed at the factory was not pushed down before the carriage bolt was tightened . So with the weight of me pushing on the lockbar when playing pushing down the siderail and the decal....I am going to loosen that carriage bolt and try a heat gun and slide it back in place. Really pisses me of but not the end of the world. Butch at JJP tells me wonka is using thicker decals and more durable than pasts games .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/67?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.