IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 278.
#3252 4 years ago

A big shout out to Zach at Flipnout pinball for his Herculean effort in helping me get a
Wonka SE that works perfectly!Flipnout stayed with it until issues were resolved.

#3253 4 years ago

Anyone know how to turn on the attract music on? Was looking in settings cant find it.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone know how to turn on the attract music on? Was looking in settings cant find it.

Settings...system settings.... Scroll down a bit to sound

Enjoy

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Enjoy

Thanks.

#3256 4 years ago

Ok maybe I didn't wear my thinking cap today. This Tool came with most recent build of Wonka. Assuming it is used to level once game is setup.

It only fits the silver bolt and since these leg levelers screw in how the hell would this Tool work. Thanks.

IMG_0538 (resized).jpgIMG_0538 (resized).jpgIMG_0540 (resized).jpgIMG_0540 (resized).jpg
#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Enjoy

How do you adjust scores for extra balls?

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just checking out goodie bags on my SE and was wondering where this magnetic Slugworth goes?
I assuming the other pieces are key plastics[quoted image]

I’m pretty sure that decal is used to cover up the Selfie camera below the display screen. I recall Dialed In! Coming with a decal like this for that purpose.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

It only fits the silver bolt and since these leg levelers screw in how the hell would this Tool work. Thanks.

Once you have the leveler turned up or down as needed, you use the open end of the tool to tighten the the silver nut locking the leveler in place.

You turn the leveler up or down by hand.

LTG : )

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’m pretty sure that decal is used to cover up the Selfie camera below the display screen. I recall Dialed In! Coming with a decal like this for that purpose.

That makes sense

#3262 4 years ago

Lloyd as always your the best. Thanks. I thought maybe this took the place of using your hand to level.

Last question what pitch angle is recommended on Wonka.

#3263 4 years ago

Just a reminder that my SE is still for sale!

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Lloyd as always your the best. Thanks. I thought maybe this took the place of using your hand to level.
Last question what pitch angle is recommended on Wonka.

Whatever u like but at minimum 6.5.. i recommend 7.0 tho..i put most pins there as 6.5 is very floaty.

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just recieved my second Wonka this one being an upgrade Le. I would recommend a mother level of QC and tracking for each QC inspector like other pinball companies do. For example my SE had 6 of the GI string lamps miss routed. Meaning left side outlane and slightly GI were plugged in the wrong spot. I noticed because the color changing GI and the extra ball light between the flippers lit without reason. My front decal was crinkled around the coin door bolts and shooter. They did send a replacement decal but it too was folded (no kidding folded have pictures) and the second replacement too was folded. Moving on to my LE -same issue to a lesser extent at the coin door. Bigger issue is my LE plaque cannot be installed due to the mounting hardware you scew it to (assuming t-nuts) are missing. My shaker sound like like something is rubbing inside. The game is a dream theme for me and my family the build quality control is lacking on these expensive toys.
Last note 20 games in my mylar around the gobstopper shot is separating at each dimple. Where the two molars meet in the picture.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My game is also missing the t-nuts in the backbox to mount the LE plate.

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

My game is also missing the t-nuts in the backbox to mount the LE plate.

Don’t bother .. Even if they were included, there is no room after installing to slide the translite back in.

That’s the reason it wasn’t installed but just included in an envelope in the coinbox

#3267 4 years ago

Why no topper with this game....my potc le had one....anyone find any aftermarket toppers ?

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Why no topper with this game....my potc le had one....anyone find any aftermarket toppers ?

Yes I found this cool Wonka Slot topper. The color animation is awesome

64D75006-3424-4076-9285-B99443F6A90B (resized).jpeg64D75006-3424-4076-9285-B99443F6A90B (resized).jpeg71858643-3EC4-4E8D-9E96-187FB32D925B (resized).jpeg71858643-3EC4-4E8D-9E96-187FB32D925B (resized).jpeg
#3269 4 years ago

I’m holding out for a Wonkatania
topper!Lets get the design team who did MMR Royal to make one for us

#3270 4 years ago

At Expo Melissa at Cointaker said that Laseriffic was coming out with a Wonka topper, but was waiting on license approval.

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How do you adjust scores for extra balls?

I'm not sure there is an option for that. If there is, I have not come across it. Sorry, I'm no help on this one.

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I'm not sure there is an option for that. If there is, I have not come across it. Sorry, I'm no help on this one.

That’s cool,I’m a new owner.It seems like I’m starting to get better,but this games a beast to push forward.I know a lot of times it will light extra ball on ball 3 but I can’t figure out what triggers it.
This game it’s different then any game I’ve owned.

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s cool,I’m a new owner.It seems like I’m starting to get better,but this games a beast to push forward.I know a lot of times it will light extra ball on ball 3 but I can’t figure out what triggers it.
This game it’s different then any game I’ve owned.

This page was really helpful to me when it comes to understanding the ruleset: http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

This page was really helpful to me when it comes to understanding the ruleset: http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

Thanks I need that!

#3275 4 years ago

We've finished our Wonka spotlights and covers to help brighten up the lower playfield area a little, works well in conjunction with our trough light but also as a standalone mod. It doesn't flood the area with light but does help brighten it. This is a 3d printed cover with a 3 SMD light strip inside and a decal on top. It's available on our site and in our pinside shop. Note that this replaces one of the four existing spotlights already in the game as there are no available spotlight connections. The empty ones you see in the game are not enabled during game play. I could have wired them so they are always on, but that would ruin certain modes.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-spotlight-covers

IMG_20191113_095522 (resized).jpgIMG_20191113_095522 (resized).jpg
#3276 4 years ago

Our Wonka has been on location since mid July, and has about 2000 plays. People seem to like it, however we've had a few issues with ours. Posting here in case others see something similar.

- Like many others with early games, we've got clearcoat chipping around posts and some pooling. I haven't tried to reach out to JJP about this.
- The factory ball diverter wasn't working. Relay/coil tabs were grounding out on the metal, and shorted the coil out. We were seeing some resets related to this.
- The transistor for the ball diverter was shorted, likely due to the coil short. The transistor was replaced, but still did not resolve the issue. JJP sent a new diverter relay/coil, and power driver board.
- With the new driver board and coil installed, the game was still constantly resetting when the kid-multiball shot was hit.
- When one switch on a row was being triggered, all switches in that row would as well.. this was happening on three different rows. JJP provided us another driver board which resolved this.
- Game resets still happening when hitting kid multiball. Eventually discovered that there was some wire exposed on the replaced factory/diverter coil that when the kid multiball shot was hit, would sometimes vibrate and ground out on the ball guide.. arcing HV and causing a reset. Electrical tape over the bare spot and this solved the issue. (This HV short was likely causing damage to the driver boards..)

#3277 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Our Wonka has been on location since mid July, and has about 2000 plays. People seem to like it, however we've had a few issues with ours. Posting here in case others see something similar.
- Like many others with early games, we've got clearcoat chipping around posts and some pooling. I haven't tried to reach out to JJP about this.
- The factory ball diverter wasn't working. Relay/coil tabs were grounding out on the metal, and shorted the coil out. We were seeing some resets related to this.
- The transistor for the ball diverter was shorted, likely due to the coil short. The transistor was replaced, but still did not resolve the issue. JJP sent a new diverter relay/coil, and power driver board.
- With the new driver board and coil installed, the game was still constantly resetting when the kid-multiball shot was hit.
- When one switch on a row was being triggered, all switches in that row would as well.. this was happening on three different rows. JJP provided us another driver board which resolved this.
- Game resets still happening when hitting kid multiball. Eventually discovered that there was some wire exposed on the replaced factory/diverter coil that when the kid multiball shot was hit, would sometimes vibrate and ground out on the ball guide.. arcing HV and causing a reset. Electrical tape over the bare spot and this solved the issue. (This HV short was likely causing damage to the driver boards..)

Those issues sound familiar. My game was born on July 1 and had the same problem with the diverter coil. In fact, I just finished swapping out the board last Saturday. Turns out that there was supposed to be a piece of fish paper in that assembly that would have likely prevented the short that killed my transistor/fuse/coil.

While dealing with that issue was rather annoying (game wasn't really playable for over 2 weeks--we tried replacing just the coil first which cost some more time), I should say that JJP has been excellent in their support and I learned a bunch about the inner workings of the game. Plus a bonus for me is that I got a lot better at hitting the kid multiball shot since there was no diverter for me to feed the upper left flipper.

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Quoted from crobby:

Those issues sound familiar. My game was born on July 1 and had the same problem with the diverter coil. In fact, I just finished swapping out the board last Saturday. Turns out that there was supposed to be a piece of fish paper in that assembly that would have likely prevented the short that killed my transistor/fuse/coil.
While dealing with that issue was rather annoying (game wasn't really playable for over 2 weeks--we tried replacing just the coil first which cost some more time), I should say that JJP has been excellent in their support and I learned a bunch about the inner workings of the game. Plus a bonus for me is that I got a lot better at hitting the kid multiball shot since there was no diverter for me to feed the upper left flipper.

any chance either of you can post a pic of where the short was occurring? others might want to check their games.

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

any chance either of you can post a pic of where the short was occurring? others might want to check their games.

Good idea. Here's an "after" pic--what it should look like. Note the grey fish paper that extends past the white-ish plastic as well as the heat shrink wrap. In my case, there was no fish paper present and the heat shrink was nowhere near the ends of the wire.

noshort (resized).pngnoshort (resized).png
#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Good idea. Here's an "after" pic--what it should look like. Note the grey fish paper that extends past the white-ish plastic as well as the heat shrink wrap. In my case, there was no fish paper present and the heat shrink was nowhere near the ends of the wire.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this info. You would think that there would be a service bulletin about it if it is a common issue that could turn out as big as it did for you. Or maybe it was just some isolated cases. I'll check my pin tonight.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks for posting this info. You would think that there would be a service bulletin about it if it is a common issue that could turn out as big as it did for you. Or maybe it was just some isolated cases. I'll check my pin tonight.

I think the clearcoat issues have probably dominated their time,but
I think they’ve come up with a resolution

#3282 4 years ago

Wonka was this 7-year-olds favorite game at last night's Mandalorian premiere party.

IMG_0591 (resized).jpegIMG_0591 (resized).jpeg
#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Yes I found this cool Wonka Slot topper. The color animation is awesome[quoted image][quoted image]

Where / how'd you score this?

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where / how'd you score this?

I think it's a modified slut machine topper
Dude I see that Big Lebowski over there,me so jealous!

#3285 4 years ago

Nevermind the topper, where do you get a slut machine? That's what I want...

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Nevermind the topper, where do you get a slut machine? That's what I want...

Haha I want one too!

#3287 4 years ago

I have noticed the vuk loading the shooter lane . Not the trough one....is violently ejecting balls....is the fix just to turn the coil strength down ? First few games our of the box it was fine...now its flying put slamming into the metal on the shooter... thx

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

.is the fix just to turn the coil

Yes. Settings - Coils - Ball Trough VUK

#3289 4 years ago

Just to be clear Loyd it's not the vuk at the shooter plunger...its the vuk a little further up that loads the shooter. Lane ...is that the same adjustment ?

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Lane ...is that the same adjustment ?

No, dig around the VUK settings.

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

its the vuk a little further up that loads the shooter. Lane .

No adjustment in the menu.

#3292 4 years ago

Would someone mind taking a picture of the audio board in Wonka? Doesn't look like there is a manual yet available. I am wondering if is the same board as POTC.

#3293 4 years ago

I’m in on a Willy Wonka CE, Zach at Flip N Out hooked me up!

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I’m in on a Willy Wonka CE, Zach at Flip N Out hooked me up!

Zach’s a good dude to work with
good choice of games too!

#3295 4 years ago

I want to change my flipper rubbers to blue. Any suggestions on which ones to grab? I ordered some and didn't love the colors/they seem a tad too tight of a fit.

Thanks!

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

they seem a tad too tight of a fit.

Grab with your index fingers inside the rubber and give it a few hard tugs.

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That’s what she said

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

thanks just a tad worried about messing up the flippers

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

thanks just a tad worried about messing up the flippers

Slip the rubber ring over the fat end first and pull hard and slip over the narrow end.

In over 50 years I haven't messed one up or broken one yet.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slip the rubber ring over the fat end first and pull hard and slip over the narrow end.
In over 50 years I haven't messed one up or broken one yet.

thanks, sorry for the noob question

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.