IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 278.
#3201 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.
There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:
sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin
Thank you zaphX !
LTG : )

Awesome. Thank you!

#3202 4 years ago

I’m sure this has been covered here at some point,but I could not find it.Two question about my Wonka SE.There is a loud hum coming from speakers or computer
Also I installed a Pinball Zlife shaker motor, is there a way to change intensity in settings?
Thank you

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Also I installed a Pinball Zlife shaker motor, is there a way to change intensity in settings?

Settings - Coils - 5th one down. Shaker Strength.

#3205 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - 5th one down. Shaker Strength.

Thanks Lloyd where exactly do you plug the isolator into?

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

do you plug the isolator into?

Dialed In manual shows it. Page D-106 and D-107 Audio 1 Audio Output.

You can download the Dialed In manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In.

Unplug existing wire, plug in isolator, plug the wire you unplugged into the isolator.

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In manual shows it. Page D-106 and D-107 Audio 1 Audio Output.
You can download the Dialed In manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In.
Unplug existing wire, plug in isolator, plug the wire you unplugged into the isolator.

Thank you sir

#3208 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, emailed cliffy so I can be ready when my CE comes. My number is 51 so I have no idea how long it realistically takes for it to be here. I hope before xmas.

#3209 4 years ago

Well I got to say,you guys were right about shaker motor.Setting were in normal and I thought this is ok,but then I set it on high and it rocks.Love it especially on Wonkatania

#3210 4 years ago

I just got one as well as well 10/30 build date. Picked up at JJP. There was a small SE run. CE started Monday. I thought they would do Stern remedy with no decal around posts. They did not. No pooling issues at all. It amazes me how JJP games have little to no dimpling as well.

Just posted this in a For Sale Thread

#3211 4 years ago

Shout out to Harry Houdini. His pop cancelling mod is absolutely a must IMHO

#3212 4 years ago

Just recieved my second Wonka this one being an upgrade Le. I would recommend a mother level of QC and tracking for each QC inspector like other pinball companies do. For example my SE had 6 of the GI string lamps miss routed. Meaning left side outlane and slightly GI were plugged in the wrong spot. I noticed because the color changing GI and the extra ball light between the flippers lit without reason. My front decal was crinkled around the coin door bolts and shooter. They did send a replacement decal but it too was folded (no kidding folded have pictures) and the second replacement too was folded. Moving on to my LE -same issue to a lesser extent at the coin door. Bigger issue is my LE plaque cannot be installed due to the mounting hardware you scew it to (assuming t-nuts) are missing. My shaker sound like like something is rubbing inside. The game is a dream theme for me and my family the build quality control is lacking on these expensive toys.

Last note 20 games in my mylar around the gobstopper shot is separating at each dimple. Where the two molars meet in the picture.
20191103_195351 (resized).jpg20191103_195351 (resized).jpg20191106_082844 (resized).jpg20191106_082844 (resized).jpg

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Shout out to Harry Houdini. His pop cancelling mod is absolutely a must IMHO

Pop canceling mod?

#3214 4 years ago

That annoying pop you hear when you turn the game on.

#3215 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well I got to say,you guys were right about shaker motor.Setting were in normal and I thought this is ok,but then I set it on high and it rocks.Love it especially on Wonkatania

in which menu is the shaker motor setting? I'm having trouble finding it

#3216 4 years ago

Setting-coils
-shaker 5th one down shaker

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

That annoying pop you hear when you turn the game on.

Where do you get this?

#3219 4 years ago

Thanks another mod this game needs is a Polk 10” sub,huge difference in sound quality.
It’s odd because I never felt I needed it on Dialed In

#3220 4 years ago

Thanks for posting link. Best $50 I spent lately.

#3221 4 years ago

The popping don't bother me .... my jjp pins only do it on startup? Are u alls doing it during gameplay or something? My wpc pins make noise on start up also. As long as it don't do it during play what's it really matter?

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks another mod this game needs is a Polk 10” sub,huge difference in sound quality.
It’s odd because I never felt I needed it on Dialed In

C i felt the opposite.. love it on di but not many low frequency sounds on Wonka?

#3223 4 years ago

Got that also from Scott for all my JJPs. Nice invention!
With the ugly, noisy pop sound on start, the beautiful JJPs dosn't appear like 10k.
It feels shitty to turn them on. Don't get it why they didn't eleminate some bad taste evidence in the factory.

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

With the ugly, noisy pop sound on start

Even though I know it's coming I still jump every time

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm glad that Ted's idea didn't fly that at some occasions during the game the gobstopper would grab the ball and consider it a drain (ball over). That would be something new to pinball

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Actually, it's really really OLD. And it probably would've happened if we could've presented it in a more understandable way.

It is (or was) called a “gobble hole”. https://www.ipdb.org/glossary.php#Gobble_Hole

Nearly 200 games were made with this feature, from 1934 to 1964: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ft=Gobble+hole&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced

Says Michael Shalhoub in

The Pinball Companion 1930s-1960s
p. 166, “SAN FRANCISCO was released in May [1964]; this was the last machine produced by any manufacturer to use the gobble hole. The gobble hole was popular with operators but disliked by players.” Yeah, hard to imaging players liking that in general, but if anyone could make a good shot/bad shot work, it would have been pinball_keefer (think Golden Eggs).

FWIW.

#3226 4 years ago

Thanks for posting the link.
Looks nice, but won´t fix the issue on this machine.
The Ball gets stuck much lower.
WW (resized).jpgWW (resized).jpg

#3227 4 years ago

What do you guys have extra ball score set at and how do you change this in menu?

#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What do you guys have extra ball score set at and how do you change this in menu?

None.. i like stock settings it gives you enough extra balls during gameplay imo.

#3229 4 years ago

I just screwed a piece of thin plastic, prevents the airballs from the ramp and does not look as bad as the JJP solution

6D5D6F65-C5AD-42DE-A7E2-82B692853E38 (resized).jpeg6D5D6F65-C5AD-42DE-A7E2-82B692853E38 (resized).jpegE2BB2D80-6A48-4A80-A8C3-8DF425CB7503 (resized).jpegE2BB2D80-6A48-4A80-A8C3-8DF425CB7503 (resized).jpeg
#3230 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

None.. i like stock settings it gives you enough extra balls during gameplay imo.

Just how is the points for extra ball set up?Ive look at screen at times and not seen it.I agree with you on stock settings, but I would still like to find it in settings

#3231 4 years ago

Just checking out goodie bags on my SE and was wondering where this magnetic Slugworth goes?
I assuming the other pieces are key plastics

D3DDBA75-4234-4314-9E90-F648804DF9D9 (resized).jpegD3DDBA75-4234-4314-9E90-F648804DF9D9 (resized).jpeg
#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just checking out goodie bags on my SE and was wondering where this magnetic Slugworth goes?
I assuming the other pieces are key plastics[quoted image]

Proudly on your fridge, yo!

#3233 4 years ago

Thanks,anybody else who has a Wonka dated 10/30 or later,how’s the clearcoat looking?Mine looks perfect totally different appearance then my first SE

#3234 4 years ago

My camera led never works.
also not in lamp test.
Is it connected correct to the board?
thx

jjpled (resized).pngjjpled (resized).png
#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Having trouble with the full install of the latest update on my Mac. Is there an alternate method that doesn't involve Unebootin because it doesn't seem to want to launch on my MacBook.

Speaking as a longtime Mac user only (not an expert on this game updating stuff), here would be how I'd do it - no separate software required. Someone try this and let me know how it works:

Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file

Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.

Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.

Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents

Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.

Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.

Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.

Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just 2. Install open side down to prevent stuck balls.

I tried finding a reference for what cliffy's might be needed... can anybody elaborate?

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

My camera led never works.
also not in lamp test.
Is it connected correct to the board?
thx[quoted image]

was wrong with me to.
Plug the black cable to the right of the red one just like the others.

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

was wrong with me to.
Plug the black cable to the right of the red one just like the others.

New guy question since my machine seems to have the same issue: What's the best way to get the wire out of and back into that connector?
Thanks.

#3239 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

New guy question since my machine seems to have the same issue: What's the best way to get the wire out of and back into that connector?
Thanks.

It will be very tough to get the wire out and not damage it. You need something very thin, but rigid to push it out. If you've never done it, I'd think you'll damage it. I'd call jjp and maybe they can send you a new wire harness.

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I tried finding a reference for what cliffy's might be needed... can anybody elaborate?

These are what I ordered, Switchslot protectors .

I followed ZaphX post about them, Thank you ZaphX

http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm

switch-slotrnd1 (resized).jpgswitch-slotrnd1 (resized).jpg
#3241 4 years ago

Hello everyone! Looking for some help on adjusting the sensitivity on the Gobstopper target switch. The Gobstopper will go off when I hit targets or ramps near it without even hitting the actual Gobstopper target. Anyone have some advice on how to fix this?

#3242 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Anyone have some advice on how to fix this?

Micro mini switch on left side near the front top of the moving part. Carefully adjust the switch arm a little to make it less sensitive.

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Micro mini switch on left side near the front top of the moving part. Carefully adjust the switch arm a little to make it less sensitive.

Thank you for the advice! is the mini switch near the spinning Gobstopper or near the disk that reveals the hole?

#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

is the mini switch near the spinning Gobstopper

Right below it. Give it a look, you can't miss it.

#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right below it. Give it a look, you can't miss it.

Thank you! Can always count on you and JJP for help. Problem fixed!

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Thanks.

use a very very small screwdriver.
you must lift a lip from the plastic connector to pull out the wire and the pin. If you lift the lip, this will go easy.
now just slide the pin with the wire in the correct place of the connector.
that's it !!

#3247 4 years ago

I can't remember if I saw a post here or somewhere else, but are there any updates on CE production? I believe the post said they went on the line last Monday. My distributor hasn't received any notifications yet of impending shipments.

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I can't remember if I saw a post here or somewhere else, but are there any updates on CE production? I believe the post said they went on the line last Monday. My distributor hasn't received any notifications yet of impending shipments.

I believe emails went out this week stating they’d ship within 2 weeks.

#3249 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Out of the box no issues. First JJP for me like that.
I was tying to get a late production game.. my dist just got these and its August made.

Anyone know if there any updated parts needed ? I am not sure about the playfield issues. It looks good to me. Came with 1.26

15735978254712229741035234949385 (resized).jpg15735978254712229741035234949385 (resized).jpg
#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just joined the club. Out of the box no issues. First JJP for me like that.
I was tying to get a late production game.. my dist just got these and its August made.
Anyone know if there any updated parts needed ? I am not sure about the playfield issues. It looks good to me. Came with 1.26[quoted image]

It sld have all the fixes... there is a newer code tho.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.